The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Explosion Across Town (Open to All)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
Akhet
Superb Member
Akhet

EXP : 14635
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Healer
Nation: Water Tribes

The Explosion Across Town (Open to All) - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Explosion Across Town (Open to All)   The Explosion Across Town (Open to All) - Page 14 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 11:13 pm

Akhet Sumatra Tallarico

"No hurries on considering it." he said softly. "it's not like I'm going anywhere for a long time... but if you do manage to get things in order and want to go somewhere... I could probably help you with that."

he rubbed her back softly. "after all... this is a wonderful little shop. I do hope that you make good money from it."
he was happy to stick around too as long as he got some form of compensation, even if it was just basics like  a place to sleep (even if it was a couch) and the occasional food. the room he had rented was cheap, but he might need a more permanent place to stay lest his funds drain fast. Luckily for him, that was still a decent ways off, so there was no impending or looming crisis at all.
Mood: Happy
Condition: Excellent
Link:

Back to top Go down
Minali
Awesome Member
Minali

EXP : 12380

PostSubject: Re: The Explosion Across Town (Open to All)   The Explosion Across Town (Open to All) - Page 14 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 11:20 pm

Minali Otoyome

"Ah make enough," She smiles at his well-wishing for her store, "Ah've only had 'er for about six months, now, but she's prosperous enough... Th'kids love 'er, anyway."

She had been making the toys for far longer, of course, but all of the blueprints for her inventions had been stored in her workshop. That was the other thing... If she traveled, there would be no way to restock the merchandise.

Mood: Thoughtful
Condition: Good

Back to top Go down
Akhet
Superb Member
Akhet

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Explosion Across Town (Open to All)   The Explosion Across Town (Open to All) - Page 14 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 11:28 pm

Akhet Sumatra Tallarico

While Akhet could totally root himself down with one person (and would, not being a shallow person at all), he felt like he could never really root himself down in one place.
"That's always good." he smiled. "My line of work seems to just be helping whoever needs help. a lot of them give generous pay; some in different forms than others, so I haven't actually run a business like this. I'm glad yours is successful." he smiled as he sat back down on the sofa.

"but aye. I wouldn't want you to stress about travelling. I just got here, so I am more than willing to spend a while here... which means we have plenty of time to figure it out if that was what you wanted to do. it's not like I'm the only sibling that's left the nest anyways."
No, as the youngest, he was the last one out, so it was not like all of his siblings were together except him or anything.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Minali
Awesome Member
Minali

PostSubject: Re: The Explosion Across Town (Open to All)   The Explosion Across Town (Open to All) - Page 14 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 11:36 pm

Minali Otoyome

"Oh," Minali murmured, when he mentioned payment for helping people. Then, a little steadier, "Ah can't give ya much, fer money, but yer welcome t'keep comin' around, t'eat... Or, if ya wanna, you could stay here, instead've at th'inn?"

Backpeddaling, she brushes her curls back, "Ah know th'inn's probably nicer, but this's free - here - so ya wouldn't need t'pay so much, an' Ah like havin' ya around, so Ah wouldn't mind - " She continued on, and likely would until stopped.

Mood: Thoughtful

Back to top Go down
Akhet
Superb Member
Akhet

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Explosion Across Town (Open to All)   The Explosion Across Town (Open to All) - Page 14 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 11:41 pm

Akhet Sumatra Tallarico

Akhet smirked.
"Bingo."
"It might be a bit fancier, yes." he nodded, "but it's much nicer here... feels more homely... and if I stayed here in the shop with you I would have the coolest roommate ever." he grinned at her, as she was who he was referring to.
"as long as I've got those things, I don't really need much in the ways of money." he said more sincerely, "so if you're fine with having me... I'll be glad to stick around, starting tonight."
He would have to make one more trip to his room (although he wouldn't mind if she came along of course) to get his few remaining possessions, but otherwise, he was set to 'move in' as soon as possible.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Minali
Awesome Member
Minali

PostSubject: Re: The Explosion Across Town (Open to All)   The Explosion Across Town (Open to All) - Page 14 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 11:55 pm

Minali Otoyome

She brightened up once again, when he accepted her offer to stay. "S'perfect, 'en!" Minali clapped her hands together, "Y'can either take th'couch, or we could get'cha a mattress, in th'town?" She offers, "Whatever y'want."

She truly was glad that he would be staying; it would be nice to cook for someone else, and to have a friend around all the time.

Back to top Go down
Akhet
Superb Member
Akhet

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Explosion Across Town (Open to All)   The Explosion Across Town (Open to All) - Page 14 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 12:01 am

Akhet Sumatra Tallarico

"sounds good to me." he grinned, "I can take the couch at least for a while. no hurries."
he made an inviting motion for her to come sit next to him, if nothing else simply because he enjoyed her company. He liked the homeliness of this little place, and loved the workshop, toyshop, and most importantly, their owner. There were so many things both big and small that he admired about her, and would definitely enjoy rooming with Minali.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Minali
Awesome Member
Minali

PostSubject: Re: The Explosion Across Town (Open to All)   The Explosion Across Town (Open to All) - Page 14 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 12:09 am

Minali Otoyome

Standing up, Minali moved to join him on the couch, cuddling up as they had been before their walk. "So long as y'don't mind," She murmurs, letting her eyes slip shut, "Anytime y'want, we'll get ya one... 'kay?"

Then, with a little more energy, "So, y'gotta head back an' get yer things, yeah? Ah could help ya, if y'want. If y'got a lot, we could take t'wheelbarrow, too. It'd carry quite a bit... An' Ah don't have much, fer th'toiletries, so if y'need somethin', we should pick it up."

Back to top Go down
Akhet
Superb Member
Akhet

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Explosion Across Town (Open to All)   The Explosion Across Town (Open to All) - Page 14 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 12:17 am

Akhet Sumatra Tallarico

Akhet cuddled her briefly, and ran his fingers through her hair like he loved doing.
"well... if we're going to go out and adventure through the town... I say we do it while everything's still open. then we can do other things tonight, yes?"
He did not know what sort of 'other things' they entailed, but he wanted to leave it open like that.

"I don't have very much," he explained, since he was something of a minimalist, "but what I have works quite well for me. although... I'd love if you came with me. you make great company." he squeezed her lovingly.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Minali
Awesome Member
Minali

PostSubject: Re: The Explosion Across Town (Open to All)   The Explosion Across Town (Open to All) - Page 14 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 12:24 am

Minali Otoyome

"Ah'd be honored!" She grins, rising up from the couch, taking his hand at the same time, "Once we get yer stuff, did'ya wanna do much else? See th'shops, maybe? 'R grab a bite fer dinner?" Minali was clearly up for anything, and she was dressed decently enough for almost any activity, as well.

Releasing his hand to go and grab her sandals once again, she slipped them on, and was instantly ready to go.

Back to top Go down
Akhet
Superb Member
Akhet

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Explosion Across Town (Open to All)   The Explosion Across Town (Open to All) - Page 14 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 12:26 am

Akhet Sumatra Tallarico

thinking about it for a bit, he nodded with a grin. "that sounds like a nice way to end the day..."
the night would just be beginning though by that time.
"Let's do it." he nodded, heading out the door and holding it for her. "we'll stop by here to drop my stuff off, and then we can go out on the town... I can sort through my junk later." he chuckled.

"you'll have to show me the good places... you'd know them better than I would."
Link:

Back to top Go down
Minali
Awesome Member
Minali

PostSubject: Re: The Explosion Across Town (Open to All)   The Explosion Across Town (Open to All) - Page 14 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 1:16 am

Minali Otoyome

Laughing, Minali moved to follow him to the door, nodding readily, "Ah can do that. There're a few other places Ah like, around, that y'might enjoy too." She was already thinking of what to show him, "There's th'stables an' pet store - those're fun t'visit - an' th'blacksmith's an' all kinds'a good places t'eat!"

She walked with a slight, happy bounce in her step, letting Akhet lead the way to his rooms, across town. Chattering away, Minali told him all about the other stores, while reiterating that hearing wasn't as good as seeing them, for himself.

Back to top Go down
Akhet
Superb Member
Akhet

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Explosion Across Town (Open to All)   The Explosion Across Town (Open to All) - Page 14 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 1:27 am

Akhet Sumatra Tallarico

It seemed that reaching his room took nearly no time, mostly because of the pleasant conversation they had. Admittedly, most of it was Akhet listening to Minali ramble, but he liked her voice and her accent, and was listening to the different places she mentioned as they went.

Soon he was at his room, grabbing his last two bags, doing one final sweep of the place to make sure he hadn't forgotten anything (he did put his earrings on, since he had not earlier, and usually did not sleep with them in), and then checked out, clearing the small debt for the last couple days of renting the room.

"a brief stop back home to drop this crap off," he chuckled, "and you'll have to give me the full tour so we can buy some stuff should we need it." he smiled at her, his expression sincere. he was polite and listened to every word of her 'rambling', enjoying both her voice and the information she provided.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Minali
Awesome Member
Minali

PostSubject: Re: The Explosion Across Town (Open to All)   The Explosion Across Town (Open to All) - Page 14 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 1:34 am

Minali Otoyome

"A'course!" She agrees, following him like a lost puppy, "Ah'll show ya most've th'places Ah shop at... So if m'busy in m'workshop, y'can still buy food... 'r anythin' else y'want."

Continuing to chatter the whole way back, she begins to tell Akhet about the different owners of each store and how she knows them decently enough, but never really befriended any of them, outside of shopping. She told him that the blacksmith was nice enough, as was the contractor that she'd just met, the other evening, but that the woman who owned the clothing store didn't care much, for her.

"She doesn't approve of m'outfits," She told him, with a slight wink, "She thinks m'always showin' off too much skin... Ah tell 'er that it ain't fer men, but fer comfort. She don't believe me."

Back to top Go down
Akhet
Superb Member
Akhet

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Explosion Across Town (Open to All)   The Explosion Across Town (Open to All) - Page 14 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 1:43 am

Akhet Sumatra Tallarico

Akhet listened to everything she had to say, interested at how others saw her, although partially thinking that if any had an eye for her, that he'd feel inclined to knock their teeth out. he nodded and acknowledged the locations of most places they passed, agreeing with her on pretty much all of it.

"well," he indicated, "I personally like your outfit, so to hell with what she thinks." he agreed.
"though you might look good in a dress and heels or something. just my thoughts."
Granted, he thought she looked good in anything, so it may not have meant much. "my clothes are comfortable and practical, and frankly, if you ask me, comfort and practicality come first. your clothes are comfortable and sturdy... nice and practical for what you do. That, and I think they look cute on you." he chuckled as they approached her house. He might consider decking himself out in some different getups if he would be here a while, but that would be for later. for now, he was game to do whatever she wanted, now that his "moving out" was done with.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Minali
Awesome Member
Minali

PostSubject: Re: The Explosion Across Town (Open to All)   The Explosion Across Town (Open to All) - Page 14 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 1:47 am

Minali Otoyome

Minali gave a twirl, so that the skirt of her dress billowed out slightly away from her knees, showing off the cut against her form. "Ah'm wearin' a dress right now!" She points out, "Ah ain't a fan've heels, though; tried 'em once an' fell over... almost broke m'face."

It probably wouldn't be too hard to imagine that, really... Minali had since given up on dressing up, but did own a few nice things; such as the sundress she wore now, as well as a couple other, different ones.

Back to top Go down
Akhet
Superb Member
Akhet

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Explosion Across Town (Open to All)   The Explosion Across Town (Open to All) - Page 14 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 1:56 am

Akhet Sumatra Tallarico

"haha, that you are." he laughed, "and what a pretty dress it is!"
it was pretty. She was pretty. anything she wore was pretty.
"ah well..." he chuckled in regards to her comments about heels. he couldn't complain, since he never wore them himself, being male and all.

it didn't stop him from imaging her all dressed up and pretty though. She was still just as cute as ever.
After setting his bags together in a pile in the corner of one of the rooms, he turned to grin at her. "so... were we going to go buy some things, or was that later?"

he had forgotten which order they were going to, mostly because he usually did not plan ahead. He was down for anything though.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Minali
Awesome Member
Minali

PostSubject: Re: The Explosion Across Town (Open to All)   The Explosion Across Town (Open to All) - Page 14 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 2:03 am

Minali Otoyome

"Let's go righ' now," Minali suggested brightly, "Ah'd like t'visit th'blacksmith, at least, t'order some new parts... Issat okay?" She had big plans, after all, for more psuedo-bending devices, and would need some specialized pieces to build them. "An'," She spoke again, reaching up to stretch, "Ah'm buyin' dinner, as a 'thanks' fer helpin' me, again."

She bounced over to the door, pulling it open once again, waiting for the answer. Once again, her head tilted to the side as her smile grew.

Back to top Go down
Akhet
Superb Member
Akhet

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Explosion Across Town (Open to All)   The Explosion Across Town (Open to All) - Page 14 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 2:09 am

Akhet Sumatra Tallarico

Those quirks... those adorable, lovely quirks...
he smiled. "sure thing. I guess I should also stop and get me a mattress or something too so the couch stays fluffy when we're cuddling on it as study-buddies."

And if not, that was fine. there had been at least one incident where Akhet had been using Zulera as a pillow, nearly suffocating his older sister, but that was long story.

"Lead on!" she smiled as he headed out the door and waited for her to follow him out. he loved watching her curls bounce with each movement she made.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Minali
Awesome Member
Minali

PostSubject: Re: The Explosion Across Town (Open to All)   The Explosion Across Town (Open to All) - Page 14 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 2:33 am

Minali Otoyome

"Mattress fer last?" She asks, hopping down the front steps, heading into the street, "So y'won't have'ta carry it, th'whole time?" Assuming that his answer would be 'yes', Minali began wandering toward the smaller shops, over near the open-air blacksmith.

"Issit okay t'place m'order, first?" Minali was walking backward as she spoke, watching Akhet, "Ah'd like t'get it over with, an' Ah won't have'ta carry anythin', afterward."

Back to top Go down
Akhet
Superb Member
Akhet

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Explosion Across Town (Open to All)   The Explosion Across Town (Open to All) - Page 14 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 2:37 am

Akhet Sumatra Tallarico

Akhet did not mention it, but he found it really cute that she asked him everything to make sure it was okay with him. He would not tire of saying that it was totally okay with him, because he did not want to boss her around. He wanted her to feel like she was still as free-willed as ever around him, since she was. It didn't mean he wouldn't give his two cents or advice or opinions, but he'd never force his will upon her.

"'course." he agreed, "wouldn't have it any other way. besides... with my hands free I can do this."
he ruffled her curls playfully as they walked. "I ain't in any hurry. let's hit the blacksmith's."
he would therefore follow her in the appropriate direction.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Minali
Awesome Member
Minali

PostSubject: Re: The Explosion Across Town (Open to All)   The Explosion Across Town (Open to All) - Page 14 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 2:46 am

Minali Otoyome

Minali giggled, swatting playfully at his hands. "Yer gonna make me trip an' fall," She accuses jokingly before turning around, walking properly down the street. Truthfully, of course, she enjoyed his attention.

Once they neared the blacksmith, the steady clink! clink! clink! of metal hitting metal sounded through the air, leaving no doubt as to where they were. "Oy, Haseo," Minali called out, waving at the man pounding out a steel sword blade, "Ah need a few things; y'busy?"

When the man stopped what he was doing, he pulled out a towel, mopping up his sweat, watching the two of them approach. "Not too busy," Came the simple answer, "What do you need, Mina?"

Back to top Go down
Akhet
Superb Member
Akhet

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Explosion Across Town (Open to All)   The Explosion Across Town (Open to All) - Page 14 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 3:01 am

Akhet Sumatra Tallarico

"I'd catch you before you hit the ground." he reassured her. "after all... I like sweeping you off your feet."
He followed her to the blacksmith shop, staying quietly behind as she approached the man. he was almost nodding his head to the rhythm of the pounding, but it was subtle. It wasn't that he did not like talking either--he just needed something to say (which in Minali's presence, was fairly easy.).

he watched her and her conversation with the blacksmith, staying behind with a gentle smile. if addressed, he would definitely speak though.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Minali
Awesome Member
Minali

PostSubject: Re: The Explosion Across Town (Open to All)   The Explosion Across Town (Open to All) - Page 14 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 3:07 am

Minali Otoyome

After listing off a long string of technical-sounding pieces, Minali starts to talk about a sort of device molded to fit around her hand, almost like a pair of brass knuckles, but with a pad to fit over the palm. She wanted to test something like that, for her psuedo-bending devices, and the massages that she'd been shown.

Once she was finished, she turned to Akhet, gesturing for him to join her, taking his hand when he did. "This is m'new friend, Akhet," She told the blacksmith cheerfully, "We're hittin' th'shops together, today." It was a strange introduction, but it would work. Then, to Akhet, "Haseo owns th'blacksmith, with 'is brother."

The other man nodded, muttering a greeting, holding his hand out to shake. Seemed he wasn't much of a conversationalist, as he hadn't even spoken much with Minali.

Back to top Go down
Akhet
Superb Member
Akhet

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Explosion Across Town (Open to All)   The Explosion Across Town (Open to All) - Page 14 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 3:10 am

Akhet Sumatra Tallarico

Essentially, Minali's order just sounded like a bunch of rambling to Akhet, but he knew that to her it clearly had important meaning and such, and so he didn't say anything. He did not need to.

At being introduced, Akhet flicked three fingers in a small arc as if chopping something, which was just his family's way of saying hello. he did shake the hand that was offered to him
"A pleasure." he nodded politely, not needing to give his name since Minali had done that for him. after the handshake, he glanced back over to her, as if to give her the "ready when you are" look.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Explosion Across Town (Open to All)   The Explosion Across Town (Open to All) - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Explosion Across Town (Open to All)
Page 14 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 27  Next