The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Explosion Across Town (Open to All)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 25, 26, 27
AuthorMessage
Minali
Awesome Member
Minali

EXP : 12380

The Explosion Across Town (Open to All) - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Explosion Across Town (Open to All)   The Explosion Across Town (Open to All) - Page 27 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 2:08 am

Minali Otoyome

"Well..." Mina began, looking a little sheepish, "Would'ya mind, if we stopped before headin' home? For a li'l... frozen yogurt? M'feelin' like somethin' a bit sweet, y'know?" Then, adding quickly, "After 'at, we can git home." Reaching up, she brushed her curls back, as she waited for the answer.

Akhet, frozen yogurt and home sounded like the perfect way to destress, after seeing her father again, and the state that he was in.

Mood: Loving
Condition: Good

Back to top Go down
Akhet
Superb Member
Akhet

EXP : 14635
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Healer
Nation: Water Tribes

PostSubject: Re: The Explosion Across Town (Open to All)   The Explosion Across Town (Open to All) - Page 27 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 2:29 am

Akhet Sumatra Tallarico

Akhet smiled, glad to hear the suggestion.
"That would probably be for the best," he nodded happily. "and then home time, and then cuddle time."
Yes, Minali-time was always good time. Akhet was not stressed about this, per se, but he had mixed emotions that he had trouble sorting out. On one side, this man hadn't really DONE anything, but on the other, that was the problem, and he hated knowing that someone had actually neglected someone so sweet and lively as Minali. He personally kind of wanted to punch the man squarely between his thick, blank goggles, but again, he knew that Minali still loved him, even if his returned feelings for her were... lackluster, at best.
It made him think of his own father--a man he did not even know. It was something of a marvel in his opinion anyways. Zurok only ever spoke of one man, and only vague paintings of him existed in their home... so that meant that Zurok and this man had had all 7 kids together. But... not even Zulera, the eldest, remembered this man... so how did that work?

he shook his head to dismiss thoughts thoughts, deciding instead to focus on the woman HE loved, and how he knew that he would not be like his father, and wouldn't ever leave Minali the way Akhet's father had left Zurok. He wished he knew that story though.

he took her hand gently and began to walk towards a place where they could get frozen yogurt. Hoping to get a few feelings of his own out, he also popped the question.
"so how do ya feel?"
he said it with a smile, and he was good enough at containing his anger, that he knew he wouldn't blow up on her. He just wanted to talk about parents or families, and how Mina felt about it all.
Mood: Affectionate
Condition: Perfect
Link: Akhet

Back to top Go down
Minali
Awesome Member
Minali

PostSubject: Re: The Explosion Across Town (Open to All)   The Explosion Across Town (Open to All) - Page 27 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 2:40 am

Minali Otoyome

"Ah always feel... drained, after visitin' m'dad," Mina supplied, choosing that word in particular, "Was a li'l more disappointin' today, maybe, since it was so important t'me - th'weddin' an' you bein' there - but fer th'most part, Ah wasn't expectin' anythin' different."

With a sigh, Mina was apparently lost in thought, after that, for a moment or two. She was actually remembering the good times, when she sat on her father's work bench, barely up to his shoulder as they were both seated, listening to him tell her all about his machines, and how they would make the world a better place. That was why she crafted; to feel closer to that man... the father that she had watched lock himself away from her, past her reach.

Her mother had been close to her, as well, but, for the most part, death was something that she was able to understand rather well, as a child. Perhaps because of the background she had in machinery, ironically enough. Her father's sudden disappearance from her world, however, was something that she didn't understand.

Mood: Contemplative

Back to top Go down
Akhet
Superb Member
Akhet

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Explosion Across Town (Open to All)   The Explosion Across Town (Open to All) - Page 27 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 3:02 am

Akhet Sumatra Tallarico

Akhet sighed softly, but that was mostly due to his own thoughts.
"That's kinda how I feel when I think about my father." he replied, "I don't evne know him, so I'm pretty sure he has no clue about the wedding. It's just that..."
he paused for a moment as if struggling with words.
"you're right... this is probably the most important day of your life, and he barely bats an eye. Even if that was to be expected, I... I just can't wrap my mind around it--probably also again, because of my dad, but still..."

for a moment, he too, was lost in thought. almost subconsciously, his body moved towards her, and he put his arms around her in a wordless hug as his mind processed everything.
Zurok had always been so family-oriented. she kept all 7 of her kids together and close-knit, and they knew her and loved her, despite her eccentricities. She always spoke so fondly of her husband... but why had Akhet never properly met this man? why had none of his siblings met him?

he was used to death. he had worked around people that he had known, and seen die in the hospitals. Maybe his father was dead? but if so... when did he die, where, and how? Too many questions. Too many questions.
He did know of Minali's story by now, of how after her mother died, her father closed himself away, but that was the part that Akhet couldn't understand. If he and Minali had a child (or multiple children), and Minali was somehow killed, Akhet would feel himself bonding closer to them, as if to cherish his dear wife's memory.

"it just doesn't make sense... what could they have lost that made them leave their families behind..."
he shook his head softly, still holding her. he had said "they" because his father had basically done the same thing, except with a less valid excuse, and had done so to 7 kids. He certainly didn't feel like his story 1-upped hers or anything. They were different, but similar enough that they were relatable.
"I couldn't fathom it." he squeezed her tighter. "Minali, I want to always be there for you. Anytime you need someone to talk to... I'm here. Even if you wake up in the middle of the night and I'm asleep like a stone... I'm still in the firm believe that communication is one of the most important ingredients in our relationship."

"besides..." he added, "sometimes, it'll also give us an excuse to cuddle." he forced a smile on this one, but it was true. often when they cuddled, they'd have some deep or intimate conversations. Akhet found them very entertaining, but also very important to understanding how his beloved Minali's mind worked and what she was thinking and feeling. He deeply enjoyed knowing such things--it made him feel happier and know how to make her feel happy.
"oh! but first... frozen yogurt, right?"
yeah, he was sort of trying to force their way out of these more dismal thoughts... at the very least... the conversation should wait till they get home so they can be more quiet and intimate about how they deal with it. That was Akhet's thought anyways.
Mood: Thoughtful

Back to top Go down
Minali
Awesome Member
Minali

PostSubject: Re: The Explosion Across Town (Open to All)   The Explosion Across Town (Open to All) - Page 27 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 8:55 am

Minali Otoyome

When Akhet's arms wrapped around her, Minali's, in turn, wrapped around him, holding them close together. As he spoke about the both of their fathers, her eyes teared up, and the less she was able to hold her emotions back. By the time he told her to wake him up in the middle of the night, if she needed to talk, the tears were falling down her cheeks, wetting his shoulder, where she had nuzzled against him for support. Then, the cuddling had her giving a small, almost sobbing laugh, nodding against the fabric of his shirt.

It was as if having Akhet there allowed her to cry for the childhood that she had lost, as well as for the man that her fiance had never been able to know. She cried for the both of them at once, just holding onto him tightly, unable to stop.

Should she pass away, after the two of them had been gifted with children... Minali knew that Akhet would be there for each one of them, because she could not be. She trusted him in that, beyond any doubt that she had ever had. Of course, her dying was not the plan, or even a realistic worry based on any illness or other current fact, but anyone could die, at any time. Minali was not worried about their future; she trusted in it, so much already.

Mood: Touched to Tears

Back to top Go down
Akhet
Superb Member
Akhet

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Explosion Across Town (Open to All)   The Explosion Across Town (Open to All) - Page 27 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 3:52 pm

Akhet Sumatra Tallarico

Akhet himself did get a bit emotional as well, but he contained himself a little better--not that Minali's tears were bad; just that he--well, men in general, held their emotions in more. Not necessarily good or bad, really.
He held her tightly, smiling when she laughed, and also running his fingers gently through her hair both to remind her of his presence and for his own benefit.

AKhet also knew full well that should fate choose to take him first and early, that Minali would be the same way for any children they would have. it comforted him to know that thought even though she had not actually said it, but at the same time, he wasn't planning on dying nor was he planning on letting Minali die.

He'd let Minali cry it out as long as she needed, although after it started to simmer down, he smiled at her, not saying anything, but also wondering if anything else was on her mind, or if she was ready to go grab that frozen yogurt yet. Obviously, he was not trying to rush their situation. No, this could take as long as they needed (even Akhet wouldn't want it ending *too* soon), and that was part of why he stayed silent for now.

Back to top Go down
Minali
Awesome Member
Minali

PostSubject: Re: The Explosion Across Town (Open to All)   The Explosion Across Town (Open to All) - Page 27 EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 4:55 pm

Minali Otoyome

Soon, as her tears cried themselves out, leaving Minali both tired and exhilarated at the same time, she pulled ever so slightly out of their tight embrace. "M'okay," She murmured quietly, reaching up to brush her curls back out of her face, "Now, Ah mean. M'okay now."

With that, she offered a small, yet calm smile. Though her cheeks were stained, and her eyes were reddened, the purge of old emotions - bitterness, distrust, disappointment - and the surge of (relatively) new emotions - love, hope, trust - had her feeling better about... everything.

Mood: Calm

Back to top Go down
Akhet
Superb Member
Akhet

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Explosion Across Town (Open to All)   The Explosion Across Town (Open to All) - Page 27 EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 7:12 pm

Akhet Sumatra Tallarico

As she pulled back from him, he smiled at her, softly rubbing her back in that reassuring way.
"I'm glad." he whispered, still softly holding and caressing her. feel free to make sure it's all out. I'm in no rush." they were aimed to be reassuring words. If she was distraught, he wanted to give her his full attention until the problem was resolved, because even walking would distract him unless he wanted to hit a pole or something.

However, the calm smile she gave him answered everything that he had been wondering in the last few moments. Gradually, he returned the expression, fondly smiling back at her.
"I love you, Minali. for now and forever."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Explosion Across Town (Open to All)   The Explosion Across Town (Open to All) - Page 27 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Explosion Across Town (Open to All)
Page 27 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 25, 26, 27