The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Council [Zurok]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nelekar
Nelekar

EXP : 2130

The Council [Zurok] Empty
PostSubject: The Council [Zurok]   The Council [Zurok] EmptyWed May 27, 2015 10:59 am

Nelekar

When the time came, the soldiers moved quickly.

By the bright light of the noon sun, a score of ships descended upon the Northern Water Tribe, offloading thousands of soldiers into the icy fortress. The towers upon the wall were quickly occupied with experienced veterans, replacing the standard militia that normally held them. They surrendered their positions gracefully after seeing the orders signed by the Admiral, and headed back to their homes and families.

Within minutes, soldiers loyal to Nelekar had taken their positions at every place of strategic importance in the city. Once all were in place, the Chieftain himself emerged from his flagship, wearing a long cloak over his usual blue tunic. He strode through the streets with a purpose, leading a group of twenty of the best soldiers in the entire navy. Several of the peasants stopped to watch the procession, but Nelekar paid them no heed. He continued on towards the Palace.

Once he reached it, he paused for but a second. Guarding the doors were not his own men, but those loyal to Zurok. He nodded to them in greeting, and they looked at each other nervously at the Chieftain continued his journey straight into the Throne Room. It was considerably less magnificent than the Throne Room in the Southern Water Tribe, which Nelekar had built with his own bare hands to his exact specifications. A large throne of ice stood at the far end of the hall, and Nelekar headed straight for it.

Once he reached it, he turned around. There was no sign of Zurok yet, but he was certain she would be here soon enough. But, just to be certain, he motioned for one of the soldiers to come closer to him. ”Find Zurok. Tell her we have arrived.”

He said no more to the man, waving him away impatiently as he apparently waited for more instructions. Nelekar reached down and unfastened the lid of his waterskin, a sign for the other soldiers to do the same. With a grand gesture, the Chieftain brought his arms into the air, summoning forth all of the men’s water at once. They all moved out of the way as the Chieftain brought it down, forming a circular table with twenty-one chairs around it, directly in front of the throne. Nodding in acceptance of his work, he sat backwards into the throne. The soldiers followed suit, taking their seats around the table. The position to Nelekar’s right hand was left empty, as was one on the other side of the table.

And now, we wait.

Mood: Anxious
Condition: Perfect

Back to top Go down
Zurok
Zurok

EXP : 3400
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Politician
Nation: Water Tribes

PostSubject: Re: The Council [Zurok]   The Council [Zurok] EmptyThu May 28, 2015 5:19 am

Zurok Mia Takamatzu

83 years after the Fire Nation's invasion was put to rest by Avatar Aang, the Northern Water Tribe still remained larger and stronger than its southern sister, although with the efforts that Nelekar was putting into fortification and militarization, this gap in strength and power was shrinking with each passing day. Not that Zurok minded. She did not anticipate a civil war, but she had been tactical in her decision as to which tribe to rescind control over. With her acting in the best interests of the Northern Water Tribe, Zurok ensured that the people there would remain loyal to her.
Down south... well, she was from the south. She had friends down there, and more importantly, a vast extended family. Even Zurok herself was not an only child, and neither had her parents been. The Takamatzus and Tallaricos might not have been a majority of the tribe or anything, but they were a sizable and powerful force. the Tallarico Clan had respect, after all, for their strength. Not that they were anarchist brigands or anything, but they were wary during that last battle in the south that had nearly ended badly for Firelord Tarek and Earth Queen Meili. They were fine with serving Nelekar, but they knew that that loyalty would be severed the moment any move against Zurok was made.

But hopefully, they (as well as Zurok) figured, it would not need to come to that. Zurok knew well enough that the Northern Water Tribe was the only place in the world that had never in its history fallen to tyrants or warlords. Not even the Fire Nation or the mighty Ba Sing Se could make that same claim. Her armies did not patrol the walls and towers, but were instead embedded in the city itself, with soldiers in their homes ready to spring into action at the first problem. That way they were more evenly distributed through the city and better ensured safety should anything break through the mighty walls. She had defenses for those all the same. There would be no takeover of Zurok's tribe. Not when she had that at her disposal, and not when she had the unquestioning loyalty of the Avatar on her side. the Avatar had saved the Northern Water Tribe once--and his next incarnation would do it again in a heartbeat. Not that Zurok was the type to hide behind her daughter's glory--no, Zulera's to-a-fault loyalty to her mother was something that was out of Zurok's control, technically.

These were all of the thoughts that rushed through her head as she had her meditation interrupted near the spirit oasis. Nelekar was apparently at her palace, waiting for her. more curiously, were the 20 or so soldiers that accompanied him. Was he expecting a fight? was he expecting her to step down or rescind some kind of power? Was this some sort of display of strength? Zurok was the calculative type, and so all of this got processed as she made her way back to the palace without further delay.
Sure enough, the messenger had not been lying. Zurok kept her cool and calm, however.

"Chief Nelekar..." she greeted him respectfully as she approached her throne, "what brings you to my fine tribe at an hour like this? I suspect this is not a matter of military emergency, is it? I would be a poor chief indeed to not know if my city was under attack!" She said it so nonchalantly, but if shew as thrown into a real-life game of chess... she knew the rules well enough. She was still skeptical, figuring that if the Xuri organization or Robin Miyamoto had made moves of any kind, that she and the White Lotus would have had a council about it by now, and so Nelekar's purpose here did seem very suspicious--especially when he flanked himself with so many soldiers in an already heavily-guarded palace.
Mood: Suspicious but Calm
Link: Zurok

Back to top Go down
Nelekar
Nelekar

PostSubject: Re: The Council [Zurok]   The Council [Zurok] EmptyThu May 28, 2015 5:37 am

Nelekar

Nelekar did not rise from his seat when Zurok arrived. He did, however, flash her a rare smile, although it didn’t reach up to his eyes. Times were tough – smiling had to take a back seat to more serious matters.

”Zurok, thank you for joining us. Please, take a seat,” he said, motioning to the seat to the right of the throne. The messenger scurried in behind the Northern Chieftain, sitting in the other remaining vacant seat. Nelekar looked at all of the collected officials before continuing. ”You are correct as always, Zurok – we are not under attack. I have, however, declared a military emergency – hence why I am here. These men,” he said, motioning at the collected soldiers. ”Are the finest strategists in the Water Tribe Navy. I have brought all of them here as times have become desperate.”

He leaned forwards in the throne, resting his hands on the cold ice table. The feeling of freezing cut through his skin, giving him an enhanced feeling of awareness. ”The Xuri have been spotted in the mountains south of here, just south of the Northern Air Temple. I’ve placed the Northern Water Tribe under a military alert, and I mean to sail out within a few days to confront them – strike while the iron is hot, as it were. Until such a time, the council has decided that the entire tribe be placed under my control to further assist the war effort.”

His face was calm as he looked over at Zurok, none of his emotions being betrayed from his visage. ”I’m sure you have no problems with this, correct?”

Mood: Anxious

Back to top Go down
Zurok
Zurok

EXP : 3400
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Politician
Nation: Water Tribes

PostSubject: Re: The Council [Zurok]   The Council [Zurok] EmptyThu May 28, 2015 5:55 am

Zurok Mia Takamatzu

Zurok seat4ed herself,intertwining her fingers with her hands in front of her. Her eyes darted around curiously, but the cool, calm smile that graced her face didn't falter in the slightest. Unlike Nelekar, who seemed to seldom smile, Zurok was almost always smiling--never a very large one, but always a sweet and gentle smile seemed to grace those motherly lips of hers.

"Your tendency towards precautions is laudable," Zurok cooed, "although I cannot help but remain a bit curious about a few things. For one thing... why are these units not stationed in a closer vicinity to the actual problem? I am certain the Tekina-Kaze would not mind having additional forces occupying the Northern Air Temple if it means keeping them safe. Queen Meili would also be happy to help on that front." That was just basic history there. During the war that directly preceded the War of Tipped Scales, Meili had allied with the Air Nomads and gained the fierce and nigh-invincible sky warriors, the Tekina-Kaze, and in return, had offered soldiers up to help protect the Air Temples from Firelord Novai's tyranny. If it worked once, Zurok imagined it would work again unless Meili or Xilingshi had suddenly changed attitudes in the last 3 years.

"otherwise, I am afraid that your council does not have any authority when encompassed by my lands and my borders." her smile straightened briefly, almost as if she was trying to frown but couldn't. "I will be more than happy to accept any aid or assistance you might have should the Xuri reach the Northern Tribe here and now, but rest assured that my armies are ready to mobilize at my command, and I fear that such a sudden and dramatic change in leadership would simply incite unnecessary panick."

she steepled her fingers before continuing. "furthermore, the Avatar is present and is more than willing to defend her country and people from these terrorists all the same. So with all due respect, Chief Nelekar, I have to question your true motives here... must you really bring so many tacticians into my throne room and so many soldiers into my borders and into my walls and towers to defend the mightiest citadel in the world from a small band of radical albeit powerful extremists... or are there ulterior motives that you wish to conceal from me?"

Zurok was no angry, but she felt that she had all rights to be curious and a bit suspicious. She was certainly not about to step down from her position, and that much was made clear.
Mood: Suspicious but Calm
Link: Zurok

Back to top Go down
Nelekar
Nelekar

PostSubject: Re: The Council [Zurok]   The Council [Zurok] EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 5:18 pm

Nelekar

The man’s cold eyes turned to Zurok, fixing her within their steely gaze. ”Even an ally would grow tense if the entire Water Tribe Fleet came knocking upon their door. But I plan to visit the Queen; we will need her soldiers if we are to be successful.”

When the woman spoke again, Nelekar barely managed to contain the frown that was growing within him. ”We are all one tribe Zurok, or so everybody says. Some even say that the four nations are nothing more than one huge tribe, waiting to be merged at the end of days. Alas, I digress; military matters have always been handled by the Admiral – me. And the navy will mobilise, with or without your permission.”

He turned to the table at large, making eye contact with several of the collected men. ”Since you are so confident in the abilities of your own men, Zurok, surely you will not need to keep too many of them to defend the city. And with the Avatar on hand, surely you will be willing to send some of your own men to protect the tribe which you hold so dear?” A smile came to his face then. Well, more of a half-smile really, with one side of his mouth curling into a grin that didn’t reach his eyes. ”I will invade upon your generous hospitality for no more than a few days, Zurok – after that the tribe is yours once more. No other dock can hold the entire fleet, you know that. It is necessary, even if you do not like it. We are all servants, Zurok – and we are the greatest amongst them. You must serve the Tribes now, or there may be nobody left to rule over.”

Mood: Disgruntled

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Council [Zurok]   The Council [Zurok] Empty

Back to top Go down

The Council [Zurok]
Page 1 of 1