The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Hunt - [Kyorin, Closed]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Kyorin
Kyorin

EXP : 3005

Character Description
Position: Dai Li Elite
Nation: Earth Kingdom

The Hunt - [Kyorin, Closed] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunt - [Kyorin, Closed]   The Hunt - [Kyorin, Closed] - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 9:52 pm

Kyorin

Kyorin took the binoculars from Kei, and took a good look at the compound, and the surrounding land, including above it. He got to thinking about possible entrances, exits, and how to destroy it.

He could make a tunnel into the compound from the opposite side of the mountain, digging in from the back. Any metal in the way he could bend to actually get in. For exits... He thought a moment. They could take a Zepplin, and with enough time, he could theoretically turn the whole mountain side into sand, covering the compound, then turn it back into rock. Destroying the place and everything inside.

"Alright, what is our mission? Information? Or we going to capture someone? Or are we destroying this place? You seem to know more than I do, so I'm going with your judgement." Kyorin said, still looking through.

Mood: Good
Condition: Perfect
Link: The Snake
Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

EXP : 13490

Character Description
Position: Jack Of All Trades
Nation: Fire Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Hunt - [Kyorin, Closed]   The Hunt - [Kyorin, Closed] - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 7:40 am

Kei

"Destroying the base would serve no purpose." Kei replied, "The fact remains is that we don't actually know how the Terrorists, The Fire Nation Operatives, The Xuri members, and the chemical weapon are connected. There is no gurauntee that the Fire Nation Operatives are entirely guilty and destroying the base may not completely stop the problem if there is one."

Continuing, Kei said, "Sadly we'll have to take the more difficult route; infiltration. I don't think it would be a good idea to enter the base by digging into it. Back in the war of tipped scales, it was common for important Fire Nation bunkers to be lined with platinum when they were in Earth Kingdom Territory or were expecting to fight Earth Benders. This made it very difficult for the Earth Kingdom soldiers to gain access to the bunker because simply digging in was no long an option. I bet that the Fire Nation Operative Base probably has a similar design."

Thinking about it, Kei came up with a idea. Something that would get them past the first challenge, the large chain fence. Something that wouldn't work in broad daylight, but under the cover of a cloudy night sky, they would be invisible.

"Hey Kyorin, what do you think about parachutes?" Kei said grinning at how ridiculous the idea sounded.

Mood: Casual
Condition: Somewhat Fine

Back to top Go down
Kyorin
Kyorin

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Hunt - [Kyorin, Closed]   The Hunt - [Kyorin, Closed] - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 11:16 pm

Kyorin

Kyorin looked again at the fences, considering the crazy idea. "That, might actually work. Although, they are sure to have guards from within the covered area that would see us. Unless we take them out quickly, we'll be stuck."

He handed back the binoculars with one final look. "I like it. Anything else in your head?"

Condition: Pondering
Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Hunt - [Kyorin, Closed]   The Hunt - [Kyorin, Closed] - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 12:57 am

Kei

"Definitely the biggest problem with parachuting into the base would be where we land." Kei said, "I'm sure the Fire Nation Operatives wouldn't be happy with two grown parachuting into their yard. That being the case we have to be stealthy with where we land, which is a bit difficult considering how hard it is to hide a parachute."

Pondering this for a moment, Kei continued, "I realize this may be a bit of a push, I think that our landing target should be on top of one of the zeppelins. This will keep us out of the open when we land. From Atop the Fire Nation Air Ship, we'll be out of the open and a lot harder to spot."

"As for what we do after that," Kei casually added, "We can just wing it. I usually do that, I find it's much simpler than making a convoluted plan."

"Anyways, follow me," Kei said motioning Kyorin back into the Thunder Child.

Assuming Kyorin was following Kei, Kei took Kyorin to one of the the four cabins in the Airship. Walking into the room, it was clear that it had been converted into an Armory. Blades of different sizes and shape were lined across the walls. Different types of Chain Mail and Armor Plating sat on mannequins. Random gadgets and small explosives, high powered crossbows, the room was filled to the point of where it seemed to be a mess. Throughout the pile of weapons, Kyorin would notice that there were several different weapons, like a few racked rifles and flintlock pistols, that should have been out of the reach of someone who wasn't in the military.

Kei began digging through something when he eventually pulled out two back bags. A closer look would reveal that these bags were actually parachutes.

Kei handed Kyorin one of the Parachutes then asked, "Want to use anything from this room? As long as you return it or pay me back, I don't mind."

Back to top Go down
Kyorin
Kyorin

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Hunt - [Kyorin, Closed]   The Hunt - [Kyorin, Closed] - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 12:43 pm

Kyorin

Kyorin nodded and listened to Kei's plan, understanding what he was talking about. landing on top of the Zeppelins did get rid of the problem of the parachutes and being spotted right away. It seemed sensible, no plan was too crazy if it would work.

He followed him back to Thunder Child, and once in the room, looked around at all the weapons. Blades, spikey things, and a few of the new and rarer rifles and pistols. How did he get his hands on those? Sure, Kei wasn't supposed to have them, but right now they were fighting Terrorists. He wasn't going to confiscate weapons or cause problems between them.

Once he was handed his bag and asked a question, he looked around the room for anything that seemed worthy of taking. He wasn't any good at the rifles, and blades weren't his thing. He would normally just use sand and rock to make his weapon, but the base will be made of metal, and the landing platform concrete.

He reached up and took a long metal staff, moving it in a few experimental arcs. He could metalbend to a point, but he was in no way proficient at it. He could feel that it was hollow. He could put sand in here to use in the base, he reasoned. "I'll take this. If that is alright."

Condition: Pondering
Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Hunt - [Kyorin, Closed]   The Hunt - [Kyorin, Closed] - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 12:30 am

Kei

"If that's all you wanted, you can just have it." Kei said in regard to the Metal Pole Kyorin wanted, "Honestly, the most I would use it for is probably a back scratcher."

"Anyways," Kei said as he exited the room., "If you're ready, let's head out."
Kei hadn't grabbed anything from the room because he already had all the equipment he needed on himself. Of course most was hidden under his Trench Coat, the only visible weapon that Kei had on him was the wooden Training Katana that hung on his belt.

Kei left the Thunder Child and back to the same cliff from before that overlooked the Fire Nation Base.

"Any final questions?" Kei said back to Kyorin, looking down the several thousand foot drop, "Remember, our landing target is atop one of the Zeppelins. From there, we just wing it."

Back to top Go down
Kyorin
Kyorin

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Hunt - [Kyorin, Closed]   The Hunt - [Kyorin, Closed] - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 2:46 am

Kyorin

Kyorin twirled the pole once more before gripping it in between his armpit, the way one would normally hold a Bo Staff. After slipping on the parachute, he followed Kei and listened to him.

Kyorin gulped at the distance that they had to travel. He had not used a parachute before, and didn't know how they work. He hated not knowing how things work. "Yeah, I have two. One, how do I deploy the parachute and when, and are we going to clean the place? or we going for information? We need an objective to get something useful. Other than that, no more."

Condition: Ready
Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Hunt - [Kyorin, Closed]   The Hunt - [Kyorin, Closed] - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 10:50 am

Kei

Kei lifted his own parachute bag to show a tab that was on the bag strap.
"Pulling this tab will release the chute. Just pull it sometime before you hit the ground. How soon before you hit the ground? I don't really know. It's always been more of an instinct thing to me. Just watch for whenever I release the shoot and do the same."

In response to Kyorin's second question, Kei responded scratching his chin, "As of right now, priority is finding out what exactly the Chemical weapon is and how the Fire Nation Operatives are connected to those terrorists. To do this, we'll have to get deep within their base to probably something like a lab or such. We see what we can find and learn. I guess in the end it doesn't matter whether we take the Stealthy approach or go in gun blazing, but truthfully, I don't want to fight the entire Fire Nation Special Forces so I'd prefer the Stealthy approach."

"I realize that the Xuri members are another problem," Kei continued, "But right now, the chemical weapon and the terrorists are a more immediate problem and must be resolved soon."

Back to top Go down
Kyorin
Kyorin

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Hunt - [Kyorin, Closed]   The Hunt - [Kyorin, Closed] - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 12:12 am

Kyorin

Kyorin thought all of that through, and nodded his head. "Right. We have our objective. Ready when you are." He stood at the edge of the cliff, waiting for Kei to jump first. Maybe there was a certain way you were to jump when having a parachute.

Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Hunt - [Kyorin, Closed]   The Hunt - [Kyorin, Closed] - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 1:02 am

Kei

Nodding his back at Kyorin, Kei jumped off the side of the cliff.

It dark all around, visibility very limited. Air was quickly pushing past Kei as he entered a free fall. The wind was deafening and ground was gone, hidden by the cloudy night sky.

The only thing visible was the Fire Nation Spec Ops base off in the distance, lit up by the lights dotted all around the base.

Kei quickly pulled the chute of his parachute before he would violently impact the ground. Suddenly, a large fabric contraption shot out of the bag on Kei's back and began to spread, catching the wind as Kei fell. Kei's free fall soon transformed into a glide and his descent went from violently to smooth.

Kei took hold of the straps which came down from the lines attached to the parachute. Pulling on these straps controlled the direction in which the parachute would.
Kei had also realized at this time he forgot to tell Kyorin about how to control the parachute once it's out.
Oh well, Kei decided to himself, It's Kyorin, I'm sure he will figure out.

Kei continued to glide ever so closer to the Spec Op base. As he approached one of the guard towers, Kei crossed his fingers that the guards wouldn't spot him.

He passed the outer walls of the compound, still no alarm. It seemed he was safe so far. Adjusting his direction a bit, Kei began to head for one of the Fire Nation Zeppelins parked in the main yard.

Invisible because of the night sky, Kei remained spotted as landed on the balloon of one of the Zeppelins with a roll to break his fall. Quickly removing the parachute from his back to prevent his movements from being restricted should something come up, Kei turned around to check for Kyorin to see if he too had successfully made it.

[OOC: Sorry this took 5ever]
Back to top Go down
Kyorin
Kyorin

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Hunt - [Kyorin, Closed]   The Hunt - [Kyorin, Closed] - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 1:34 am

Kyorin

Kyorin Jumped off a few seconds after him, getting up the nerve. Usually he wouldn't have hesitated, but that was when he could use his earthbending to create sand and help him skate down the mountain side. And this was not one of those times.

The freefall felt amazing, just diving head long into the black night. He heard a pull of string, and a whooshing sound, and Kei fly up past him. Kyorin quickly pulled the string, letting out the parachute to catch his fall. Before he was lifted up into the air, Kyorin's foot brushed against a bush. Holy shit that was close...

Kyorin realized he wasn't going exactly the right way, going to end up far away from the Zeppilin. He looked over at Kei for guidance, not wanting to speak out and draw attention. He saw Kei pulling on two strings on either side of him to steer. Locating these, Kyorin took hold and gave them a few tugs to see what they did. It was incredible how quickly he turned.

He landed shortly after Kei did, following Kei's lead and rolling before standing up and unhooking the chute. "Ok, let's go." He whispered, barely audible.

[OOC: It's ok.]
Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Hunt - [Kyorin, Closed]   The Hunt - [Kyorin, Closed] - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 5:36 am

Kei

Kei watched as Kyorin successfully landed behind him. They had gotten through with the first step of the plan. Now they would have to figure out what to do next.

Looking around, it seemed that their presence was still unknown to the Fire Nation Special. The base was quiet and peaceful.
Wait a second, Kei thought to himself as he continued to look around, This is too quiet... Where are all the patrols? The guards? This base is empty.

Dim Laterns were scattered all across the base and provided a very scarce light source making it difficult to see. Even so, minimal lighting such as this would usually be enough to make out individuals who were making no attempt hiding themselves. It made no sense- where was everyone? It was almost like they had walked into an ambush, but an ambush would be impossible, nothing had given them away.

"Somethings not right." Kei whispered to Kyorin. "Where is everyone?"

Back to top Go down
Kyorin
Kyorin

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Hunt - [Kyorin, Closed]   The Hunt - [Kyorin, Closed] - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 6:31 pm

OOC: Gosh dang it. I replied but once again, it didn't go through.

Kyorin

Kyorin looked around along with Kei, and came to the same conclusion. No one was there. "You think they are all inside? Some... meeting? Or maybe they're packing everything up to leave." He looked around the perimeter. Nope, nobody.

"I say we go check it out inside. Sitting here could only lead to worse outcomes." The agent says, slipping off the zeppelin and landing on the ground easily.

Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Hunt - [Kyorin, Closed]   The Hunt - [Kyorin, Closed] - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 11:12 am

Kei

"Inside... perhaps." Kei replied, looking around, there seemed to be not a soul other the Kei and Kyorin in the base. "but packing up to leave? I wonder about that... I don't see what they would leave for."

"Agreed," Continued Kei, "As of now our best course of action would probably be to further investigate inside-"

It was at that moment that everything turned white. Powerful, artificial lights blasted down from atop the mountain ridge that towered the base. Kei raised hand infront of his face and looked way in order to avoid being completely blinded by the bright lights.

Coming from the same direction of the lights, a voice boomed across the valley, "What is it we have here? A couple of lost puppies eh?"

It was impossible to determine exactly who had spotted Kei and Kyorin or how many men stood behind the powerful spotlights. What was clear however, was the situation turned sour quickly. Kei and Kyorin stood atop the balloon of a parked airship, their (very) potential enemies stood above them. There wasn't any cover atop the airship and the blinding lights didn't help.

"Oi Oi" Kei called back, "Isn't it too late at night to be using such bright lights? You'll wake the neighbors."
The voice simply called back, "Oh? Not a puppy, but rather a Jester. Tell you what, you and your friend surrender yourselves, tell us who sent you, and I promise it won't be so bad..."

"You might get to return home with only half your fingers missing!" The voice laughed cruelly.

Back to top Go down
Kyorin
Kyorin

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Hunt - [Kyorin, Closed]   The Hunt - [Kyorin, Closed] - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 3:07 am

Kyorin

As soon as the bright lights turned on, Kyorin crouched defensively like all Dai Li agents do, and drew his Bo staff out. Looking around, there still wasn't many men, although he was sure some were hiding behind corners.

He let Kai do the talking until he heard the last bit about losing half their fingers. Kyorin was fond of his fingers, and didn't want that threat to go to 'half their bodies'. Turning towards the light but raising a hand like Kai, he shouted at them to make sure they heard. "Elite Agent Kyorin of the Dai Li! Queen Meili of the Earth Kingdom's Personal Bodyguard! I demand you show yourselves and announce who you are!" He hoped his title would help his case. It definitely could worsen it, but he could more than handle himself in a fight, especially if they are on a mountain made of rock.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Hunt - [Kyorin, Closed]   The Hunt - [Kyorin, Closed] - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Hunt - [Kyorin, Closed]
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3