The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Booty [Kyorin]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dar Nih

EXP : 505
Birthday : 1998-02-24

PostSubject: The Booty [Kyorin]   Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:27 pm

Dar Nih Mikashi

Dressed in her normal outfit, with her hood donned, Dar Nih strode out into the busy street of a crowded middle ring marketplace. Voices and scents assailed her as she moved among vendors, weaving through other humans and the occasional animal. The tea shop she exited lay about a mile away from her new apartment.

A small sack hanging from her shoulder contained the booty from her plunder: a package of some loose tea and a new tea pot. Silently and efficiently, she dodged and wove her way around the people, moving ever stoically toward her goal. Her stoic expression continued up until she reached her door. And once inside a smile bloomed on her face as she settles back into the small place that has already become home to her. Her comfort zone.

Placing her sack in the makeshift kitchen, she strode into her small bedroom and neatly took off her clothes and put them in the wash bin. After changing into her uniform, she left to go meet up with her squadron before the day's training. Her earth bending skills had been skyrocketing. She was the best in her squadron and often found herself coaching many of the others to better their techniques.

With a sigh of comfort, she opened her door and took a step out into the street yet again.

Mood: Relaxed
Condition: Dandy
Link: Dar Nih

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyorin

EXP : 3005

Character Description
Position: Dai Li Elite
Nation: Earth Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: The Booty [Kyorin]   Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:00 pm

Kyorin

Kyorin was leaning against a wall right next to her door. He had seen Dar Nih go in a few minutes before, and was waiting for her. He had some exiting news that was sure to make her joyous. Her other cadets in training, not so much. He had watched them from time to time, never really showing his face. He saw how well she was doing, she even helped others perfect their techniques. He had to admit, she was under a lot of pressure, and she was doing marvelous. Not many women, if any, try to get into the military. They weren't biased, it was just a fact.

Kyorin was wearing the normal Dai Li robes, even though they bothered him so much. He'd rather wear the clothes that he normally wore. But, he was wearing these to help not scare Dar or anything. The door opened and Dar stepped outside, heading for the training arena. She had her back to Kyorin, so he called out her name. "Dar Nih!"

Mood:
Condition:
Link:http://lastairbender.forumotion.com/t1749-kyorin-the-snake-acer

View user profile
Dar Nih

PostSubject: Re: The Booty [Kyorin]   Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:18 pm

Dar Nih Mikashi

With the door firmly shut behind her she began to stride away. But she was stopped short in her tracks. "Dar Nih!" The shout entered her head and she responded immediately. The voice was unfamiliar to her, but contained power. She snapped around. Her eyes narrowing on her target. Then all at once her gaze softened. She flushed through her entire face and looked down. "Sir, I did not mean to look disrespectful or cross you...my apologies..."

Dropping to her knees, she prayed inwardly, hoping that he would not take offense to her harsh reaction. Silently she waitied for his response.

Mood: Shocked

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyorin

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Booty [Kyorin]   Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:28 pm

Kyorin

Kyorin stopped in his tracks when she bowed. He stood there for a second, then laughed. "What the hell are you doing? Is this more of that 'Respect your superiors!' stuff they keep shoving into you? Get up off the ground. I have something for you."

Mood:
Condition:

View user profile
Dar Nih

PostSubject: Re: The Booty [Kyorin]   Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:34 pm

Dar Nih Mikashi

A Dai Li agent. She had heard of them and she had seen them from time to time. But she had never met one. He had an aura of confidence that almost threatened her. She rose from the ground immediately as soon as the words left his mouth. She was still nervous and except for a curious glance up to his hands then his eyes, she kept staring at the ground. "Sir. What is it that you wish to give me?" Her voice held curiosity, nervousness, and fear all in one tone.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyorin

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Booty [Kyorin]   Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:44 pm

Kyorin

The Dai Li agent put his hand on her shoulder. "An Invitation." He pushed an envelope in her hand, then brushed past her into the street. Before long, he was nowhere in sight. What he had just given her were directions to the palace, although they were obscure and lead her around the long way. Inside was also a little slip of green silk. On the directions, it told her to show that to guards if they give her trouble. Why all of this? Kyorin wanted to get out of these damn robes.

Mood:
Condition:

View user profile
Dar Nih

PostSubject: Re: The Booty [Kyorin]   Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:18 am

Dar Nih Mikashi

With a glance to the sky, she turned back into her house knowing there was time to spare. Sitting at a small table in the den of her living space she opened the envelope, pulling out a piece of parchment and a piece of green silk. Putting the silk aside, she turned her eyes to the parchment. After reading the entire thing three times she stood abruptly.

The paper gave her directions to the palace. The palace. It wasn't everyday that a simple soldier got summoned to the palace. In fact, that basically never happened. If she was to be tested, she would need to be prepared. Rushing to her room she shoved her knives securely into her belt and then bolted from the room, seizing the paper and the silk. With all of her items gathered, she left the house yet again. This time there was no man to call her name.

With a quick glance at the paper held neatly in her hands, she set off with a brisk pace, following the directions. With the help of the silk, she made her way to the specified location. She stood and waited. Trusting that the man had this planned out.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyorin

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Booty [Kyorin]   Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:15 pm

Kyorin

Kyorin was watching from a rooftop. Totally hidden though. He was waiting to see what she would do. Dar Nih was currently waiting in the palace courtyard. This was the first part of her test. Sure, she was a good bender, but it took much more than that to be Dai Li. Around her were buildings on both sides, both having doors, and then there was the main palace in front of her. If she was detective enough, she would know after a while to go straight to the palace, as the directions say. He would wait all night watching her if that's what it would take.

Mood:Hopeful
Condition:Healthy

View user profile
Dar Nih

PostSubject: Re: The Booty [Kyorin]   Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:40 pm

Dar Nih Mikashi

Standing for a while, she looked around, taking her surroundings in. She had never been this close to the palace. The palace...carefully, she moved towards the grand building with people minding their own business going to and fro around her, thus, she was not noticed by many around her.

The bare soles of her feet moved forward toward the palace. Her face was stern and focused. Finally she stepped inside took all of two seconds to look at everything before scanning faces. She turned past him once before recognizing him again.

Anxiously, she made her way to him. "Sir..." she says quietly, unsure of herself.

Mood: Anxious

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyorin

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Booty [Kyorin]   Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:59 pm

Kyorin

Kyorin watched from the building silently and still. It wasn't long at all before she started to move into the palace. He had expected her to wait outside for a while, check the letter again, and eventually figure it out. Either she was smarter than he thought, or wasn't intimidated by large crowds of nobles. Bot of those good things. Nobles wanted to assert themselves higher than you, always thinking they are special.

Kyorin rushed to get inside the building ahead of her. Still being silent and stealthy, mind you. He swooped inside and mingled with the crowd. He had his normal garbs on now, (looking like the picture now, not like Dai Li) and felt much more comfortable.

Eventually, she sought him out, and greeted him quietly. He was impressed. She recognized his face even though she had seen little of it and for a short time. He decided games were over, and he should introduce himself. "My name is Kyorin Acer, Dai Li Elite and bodyguard of the Queen. I have a proposition for you, but here isn't really the place to talk." He said as he looked at all the people walking around them, hurrying to get on with their business.

Mood: Impressed
Condition: Healthy

Last edited by Kyorin on Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dar Nih

PostSubject: Re: The Booty [Kyorin]   Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:12 am

Dar Nih Mikashi

"Sir I assure you if any of the other cadets have said anything bad of me it is not true! I live a simple life! I swear to it. But if you must question me, please lead the way..." With a motion for him to go, she prepares to follow. But not before running names through her head of other cadets who would have it out for her... She would surely be making some acquisitions tomorrow. Disturbing her life like this is an unnecessary step in getting revenge.

Mood: Anxious

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyorin

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Booty [Kyorin]   Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:24 am

Kyorin

Kyorin had the most confused look on his face. But, let her take it as she would. He would set her straight soon enough. He led the way to the wall, and earthbent an opening, leading to some stairs lit by torches, and started to walk down them. He had made this specifically for this meeting. He would seal up the entrance after this was all over.

"First, let me get something straight with you." He voiced as he shut the wall behind them and led the way down. "You aren't in trouble. Proposition means something good. And besides, if you were in trouble, why would I be the one to punish you? There are a thousand others to do that. No, I want to ask you if you would like to be my apprentice and become a member of the Dai Li." He knew what he was saying was sudden to her, and would probably shock her. She thought she was being punished, after all. "I have been watching you in your class for some time, and you show great promise as a bender."

Mood: Laughing
Condition: Healthy

View user profile
Dar Nih

PostSubject: Re: The Booty [Kyorin]   Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:31 am

Dar Nih Mikashi

A small chocking sound escaped Dar Nih's mouth. Quickly she slapped a hand over her mouth, mad that it made a noise that she did not approve of. "Sir. I would be honored! I mean. Yes! I mean. Sir, I accept your offer!" Finally she decided to quit while she was ahead and clamped her mouth shut, vaguely breathless but thoroughly embarrased. She hoped that her inability to control herself would not make him revert the offer. This would change her life like nothing else before. She now desired it like it was the last noble cause to fight for.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyorin

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Booty [Kyorin]   Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:49 am

Kyorin

Kyorin looked over his shoulder at her and smiled inwardly. He couldn't get too friendly with her. Then they might become close like friends, and then she might slack her duties. That couldn't happen. He reached the bottom of the stairs, and there in front of him was an ornate wooden door. He opened it and motioned her inside before sitting at a desk that looked like his. Unlike other peoples desks, with paper and folders out everywhere, it was clean and not a scrap to be found. He sat forward with his elbows on the desk, looking straight into her eyes.

"So, you, Dar Nih Mikashi, agree to be trained as a Dai Li agent under the supervision and mentor ship of Kyorin Acer, Dai Li Elite and bodyguard to the 55th Queen of the Earth Kingdom, Meili Mitali Zalika. Is that correct?"

Mood:
Condition:
Link: "http://lastairbender.forumotion.com/t1749-kyorin-the-snake-acer"

View user profile
Dar Nih

PostSubject: Re: The Booty [Kyorin]   Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:59 am

Dar Nih Mikashi

Every. Single. Word. Each one made excitement flaire up inside of her. The entire situation played in her head slow motion. When he finished speaking. A stoic look crossed her face. Her usual air of confidence shown through once more. She looked up. Straight into his eyes. And with perfect cadence...

"Yes. Sir."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyorin

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Booty [Kyorin]   Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:06 am

Kyorin

As soon as she spoke the word 'Yes', Kyorin had leaned back in his chair, then stood up.

"Alright, let's get a few things straight now that you are officially in. One: No more Sir yes sir stuff. Just simple yes and no's are fine. Second, You do what I say, when I say. Third, come back to the palace tomorrow and I will take you to get fitted for your Dai Li robes. Then we will go to where we will live for the next few months to focus on your training. And yes, you can bring your tea set with you. Do you have any questions?"

Mood:
Condition:

View user profile
Dar Nih

PostSubject: Re: The Booty [Kyorin]   Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:17 pm

Dar Nih Mikashi

Simple yes or no's... The idea of that almost...threatened her. But it was exciting. Everything was happening so fast. Her wildest dreams that she hadn't even known existed in the first place! But with all of this, her confidence was lost to her yet again. "Yes si- I mean. Yes. My one question though, is, does every person make it through training?" Her voice was nervous. She wanted desparately to do good and join the ranks of the Dai Li.

Mood: Calm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyorin

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Booty [Kyorin]   Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:29 pm

Kyorin

He could tell she was nervous and excited and scared all at the same time. Good, that would put her on edge. Make her learn herself how to relax. Then she had a question. He raised his eyebrow at it and thought for a moment. "No, every single person does not make it through training. Most of those very few people get killed in action, the rest we dump back into the normal military. But, the bright side of all of this is that we don't pick just anybody, and you are far from nobody. Anything else?"

Mood:
Condition:

View user profile
Dar Nih

PostSubject: Re: The Booty [Kyorin]   Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:38 pm

Dar Nih Mikashi

A calming sigh helped her relax for the moment. "No. That is all."

Her mind skipped ahead to the future. Imagining her training to come and the things she would learn. The military had taught her a lot. But the Dai Li...there are going to be things beyond imagination to come surely. "I want to thank you for giving me this opportunity. I will do my best not to disappoint you. Am I excused, sir?" The sir slipped, but Dar Nih felt like the question sounded less rude and abrupt with the 'sir' tagging along. Inwardly she smiled at her silly logic.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyorin

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Booty [Kyorin]   Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:46 pm

Kyorin

He felt that he had done good by telling her that she was unique. She was, every trainee was, but not every person needed to know it. But she seemed a whole lot more nervous and he thought that inspiring her would do her wonders for her training ahead. "Yes, you may go. Pack your things. Tomorrow is going to be a busy day for you. I want you here at eight in the morning. Sharp. Do I make myself clear?"

Mood:
Condition:

View user profile
Dar Nih

PostSubject: Re: The Booty [Kyorin]   Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:13 am

Dar Nih Mikashi

"Sir." She said with a smile. She got up and left. Opening the wall at the top to let herself back into the palace. With swift feet she went back to her house and went to dinner.

The next morning, with all of her things packed, she left her house with time to spare before she was supposed to be there. She took her time in the final stretch to the palace, taking everything in with a slight grin on her face. Finally, she arrived at the palace just a few minutes before 8.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyorin

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Booty [Kyorin]   Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:23 am

Kyorin

Kyorin was watching from the rooftops like before. He was hoping that she would arrive just at 8, not before or later. Why? He was about to express that to her. He stood up can shook his head as he saw her coming into the palace courtyard a few minutes before 8. Kyorin swooped down a few feet from her, shaking his head. "I said at 8. Sharp. And you are here before. Now, I want you to tell me why that could be a bad thing. Not typically this scenario, but in your future as a Dai Li Agent." He folded his arms and waited for her answer.

Mood:
Condition:

View user profile
Dar Nih

PostSubject: Re: The Booty [Kyorin]   Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:33 am

Dar Nih Mikashi

She responded immediately. "If the force is not ready to attck yet and a member arrives early, it could compromise the entire mission. But, in this specific situation, I considered the ramifications of my being early and decided that it would not have an affect on the outcome of this 'mission.'" She was proud of her answer. "But I do apologize for not following directions exaactly." She shifted her weight with her small bag on her back. "Where do we begin?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyorin

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Booty [Kyorin]   Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:28 am

Kyorin

Kyorin considered her answer. Not exactly what he had in mind, but not bad at all. "Yes, that is true. But Dai Li agents, despite popular belief, seldom work in groups of more than two or three. I'm usually alone. You have the right idea though." He nodded at her. Smiles that he showed toward her were going to be very few and far between. "And we begin by going to the station. We are leaving the walls of Ba Sing Se. The catch is, I want you to get there as fast as possible. Run on the streets or on the buildings, I want you to get to the Lower Ring station anyway you can. I'll be timing you. I'll take your bag, so you don't break that expensive tea set." He held out his hand for her bag.

Mood:
Condition:

View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Booty [Kyorin]   

Back to top Go down

The Booty [Kyorin]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP :: Earth Kingdom :: Ba Sing Se-