The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

This is a thread. [CLoSeD; Hakota-Zai]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Matsu
Staff Admin
Matsu

EXP : 2408
Birthday : 1996-03-21

Character Description
Position: Travelling Circus Member
Nation: Air Temples

This is a thread. [CLoSeD; Hakota-Zai] Empty
PostSubject: This is a thread. [CLoSeD; Hakota-Zai]   This is a thread. [CLoSeD; Hakota-Zai] EmptyThu Jan 07, 2016 9:45 pm

Today was particularly unpleasant in the usually care-free life of Itamatsu Ria Pasang, circus freak extraordinaire and apparent air-bending failure. Her eyes were the color of murder, but it was very evident that under the layer of anger was a great amount of crushing disappointment. She'd just failed her Level 5 final exam -- and was now unable to move up a class with the rest of her grade.

"I'm sorry, but I can't move you to the Expert class until you've completely mastered the Intermediate stage," Master Niu was explaining. Matsu covered her eyes with her hair, not wanting the elderly airbender to see the tears welling up.

Clearing her throat, she mumbled thickly: "I get it. S'not your fault." Everyone is going to laugh at me now, she thought, wanting to yell or scream or strike something. Since she had left the Circus to learn at the Eastern Air Temple, she'd hit a block with her bending. It was difficult to keep up with even the Level 2 Intermediates.

"You've made a lot of improvement. I don't want you to get discouraged," Niu said, rising and placing a hand on her shoulder. "I'll leave you to your meditations, dear," and with that, Matsu was alone.

Shaking her head, she donned her shoes quickly. "Ha ha. 'Don't get discouraged', my ass." she grumbled, exiting the classroom.

Walking in the gardens below the Temples themselves, Matsu continued to mock her Master and berate herself for failing yet again. This was the third year she'd be beginning Level 5 again, and no one seemed interested in helping her find a solution.

"I know the motions, I know the technique, I know the breathing. So why can't I bend right?!" she shouted at the trees. "I'm stuck on this stupid mountain with these idiotic classes and masters that couldn't care less if I'm stuck in this grade forever..." she sighed, sitting heavily on a bench and putting her face in her hands.

"I miss the Circus," she admitted to her palms. And with that, she began to sob heartily.
Back to top Go down
Hakota-Zai
Superb Member
Hakota-Zai

EXP : 4685
Birthday : 1993-10-01

Character Description
Position: Vagrant
Nation: Earth Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: This is a thread. [CLoSeD; Hakota-Zai]   This is a thread. [CLoSeD; Hakota-Zai] EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 12:02 am

Hakota-Zai

Name:Lee Hakota-Zai
Alias: Dead-Eye Zai
Abilities: Swords(Master); Chi-Blocking(Expert); Earthbending(Intermidiate); Fans(Expert)
Mood: Indifferent.
Condition: Fine.

The isolation. That is what Hakota decided he liked about the gardens. Perhaps part of it was the gentle breeze, the soft stutters of wild creatures here and there, and even slightly the threat of nature's predators -- the truest intimation of nature being relatively untouched here. Most of all it was certainly the solitude; and a mix of knowing the Nomads were non-judgemental should they wander across the vagrant in his meditations.

He was a sight, after all; his clothes and armor -hakama aside- lay all neatly folded next to his otherwise uncovered form. A blade with a black ceramic hilt lay at his side, sheathed near a pair of kyoshi fans that matched the garbs dormant on the ground. These things left all but his legs bare, lightly tanned skin and pale scars covering a mass of athletic, wiry muscles; all embraced by the breeze.

It wasn't too far into his quiet reflections until a woman softly landed not far from his seated form, yet unaware of his presence beneath a nearby tree. "... So why can't I bend right?!" She continued to berate herself for her own bending as the mercenary began to stir from introspect.

He held briefly the thought of pity: it was a sad issue for a bender to become stuck in their studies. Then the idle consideration became familiarity; he was, himself, quite an inept earth bender. At least he had eventually come to peace with this, but he had plenty of other training to compensate for such.

His singular, icy eye opened to glance at the surprisingly comely nomad as she ranted unwittingly to the nigh-nude warrior. The turn of his visage brought to light the marred half of his face: a scar that had destroyed his right eye, brow and the bridge of his nose. The brow raised softly as he calmly waited for the young woman to take notice; already was Zai amused at the reaction to come -- he oft surprised others with his rather quiet pressence. The true difference was that these days involved less blades, murder, and other deathly factions.

Back to top Go down
Matsu
Staff Admin
Matsu

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: This is a thread. [CLoSeD; Hakota-Zai]   This is a thread. [CLoSeD; Hakota-Zai] EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 12:40 am

Face flushed from crying, Itamatsu huffed angrily at herself and brought the tears under control. Self-pity was not a trait she oft expressed, and she looked up at the unfamiliar sky littered with the shadows of distant sky bison. Feeling quite homesick, she decided to do what she always did in times of stress: practice.

Standing in front of the bench she'd claimed, she began a quick series of stretches, her body already persperating in anticipation. When these were complete, Matsu moved into a handstand, settling into concentration. From this stemmed a flow of flips and cartwheels until she was covered in a fine layer of sweat and determination.

It was only after she sat down to manage her breathing that she noticed the figure sitting quietly. Observing. Matsu's face was already pink from the crying and the following exertion, but it dissolved into a deeper shade of chagrin. He must have been there the entire time -- meaning he'd not only seen her practicing, but he'd also heard her ranting and following sobs.

For a moment, she contemplated getting up and walking away; in the end though, she was too polite for such, and instead raised her hand in a half-hearted wave. "Hi. I'm Itamatsu Pasang, airbender and resident circus freak. Whatcha doing here?" Her words were friendly enough, but there was a sense of demand to the question. This was very uncharacteristic for the usually chipper young woman, but she couldn't help feeling a little violated. The stranger had seen her 'something more' side -- the side of herself that she spent all of her time denying.
Back to top Go down
Hakota-Zai
Superb Member
Hakota-Zai

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: This is a thread. [CLoSeD; Hakota-Zai]   This is a thread. [CLoSeD; Hakota-Zai] EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 1:07 am

Hakota-Zai

Abilities: Swords(Master); Chi-Blocking(Expert); Earthbending(Intermidiate); Fans(Expert)
Mood: Amused.

It was the tears that made the mercenary begin to think he was the one intruding upon her, but the lithe girl swiftly began to practice some form of acrobatic routine, something that intrigued the chi-blocking once-Kyoshi warrior greatly; true prowess often came from agility. His keen, observant eye took in every motion, analyzing her potential as not only an aerobic being, but a potent warrior.

Speed. Precision. Agility. Reaction. These were what made a deadly individual, but Zai shook the thought from his mind. He tended not to think as he did as an assassin these times. Asides, this routine seemed more like a performance than ought else. A practitioner? An acrobat? From a circus, perhaps, but she was a nomad-- wasn't she? His mind lost interest in the thought as she finally caught a glance of him and turned deep crimson. Her look made the fresh scar just above his heart ache. Not an uncommon occurrence these days.

The bender considered a moment, likely pondering leaving then and there, as Airbenders often could and would. She instead introduced herself, formally, even. Circus was an accurate thought, but... "I wouldn't go nearly so far as freak," he'd chant with his soft voice, chiseling a kindly smile into his sharp features. He continued, "Th' name's Hakota-Zai. Lee's th' family name, but I don't use it often." As it always did, his full name slipped out to another nomad. It was his comfort that he loved most about interacting with them.

He stood to his full height, finally returning her half-wave with one of his own, the same smile reaching his eye. "I just find the areas 'bout the temples to be fine for quiet moments an' meditation. Or fer practice, like yourself." The smile transformed to a grin as he awaited response.

Last edited by Hakota-Zai on Sat May 14, 2016 2:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Matsu
Staff Admin
Matsu

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: This is a thread. [CLoSeD; Hakota-Zai]   This is a thread. [CLoSeD; Hakota-Zai] EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 1:50 am

"I wouldn't go nearly so far as freak. Th' name's Hakota-Zai. Lee's th' family name, but I don't use it often." he said. At his words, the youngest member of the Pasang clan broke into a dazzling smile. "No? You'd be the first," she said with a laugh. The atmosphere immediately changed; the gray-eyed woman was far from a guarded individual, and it took very little to earn her friendship.

As he stood, she rose as well, raising an eyebrow as she did so. Standing at nearly 5'11", the number of those who were taller than she could be counted on a single hand. "Since I've never seen you before, I think it's safe to say that you're not a man of the circus. So what do you practice?" she asked the grinning man with childlike innocence, wondering what had caused him to become a cyclops. She didn't mind the scars though; one thing about growing up in the circus was that you became accustomed to injuries -- some of which were, unfortunately, fatal. Luckily it had never been her job to scrape cousins up from the dirt.

Cocking her head to the side, her eyes roved over his naked chest as well, noting the musculature. Her attention, however, was mostly drawn to the marring of his flesh. "And what the hell happened to you? It looks like someone tried to chop you up and put you in their gyoza."

Matsu was nothing if not blunt, and very rarely held her tongue. After a moment, though, she realized that her words could have offended Hakota-Zai. She fidgeted with her amber-colored braid, suddenly feeling awkward and wishing silently that she didn't always do her hair so simply.
Back to top Go down
Hakota-Zai
Superb Member
Hakota-Zai

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: This is a thread. [CLoSeD; Hakota-Zai]   This is a thread. [CLoSeD; Hakota-Zai] EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 2:10 am

Hakota-Zai

The air of conversation quickly broke down into comfort, and stayed there to rest as the young Itamatsu almost as soon as introducing herself began to ask questions of this new man. A curious woman, it seemed. Zai appreciated the notion, though.

"Nice t' meet ya, by the way Miss Pasang. Do ya prefer 'nother name?" A simple enough question of his own to lead things. "As fer practice, I'm a bit of an acrobat, m'self... Though I use it more fer battle," he shrugged, motioning towards the weapons laying on the ground nearby. "Practice with those tend t' be necessary to not cut off a finger or two," a chuckle, "and to keep away those who have tried to add me to their gyoza."

He spoke no more of his scars -they were a fairly sensitive topic- but he still held humor on the situation, and that charming smile. He wouldn't mention how easy it was to see her eyes darting to his form, nor the martial prowess he truly held and practiced.

"So you were practicing fer a circus?"

Back to top Go down
Matsu
Staff Admin
Matsu

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: This is a thread. [CLoSeD; Hakota-Zai]   This is a thread. [CLoSeD; Hakota-Zai] EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 2:44 pm

Her eyes went from his form to the weapons on the ground not too far off, tilting her head. She'd never seen anything like them before -- the girl had never been in a fight before. "I go by Matsu, or Ita, and I'll even answer to freak." she teased. "What do I call you?" She figured she may as well dub him something he was comfortable with, rather than making her own nickname. Although she spoke with warmth and sincerity, her vision remained on the killing instruments.

"What's a fight like?" she suddenly asked, finally tearing her gaze from the deadly objects and looking him in the eye. "Is it fun?" One could call the curious airbender a question machine, as she rarely went longer than five minutes without asking something.

So distracted by the idea of the scarred creature in front of her in battle, she completely forgot to answer his question regarding her practice. She chose instead to rest her hand on her hip, staring at his face intently. Matsu wanted to see if his eye lit up, or if he smiled, or if there was some unpredictable response in his expression.
Back to top Go down
Hakota-Zai
Superb Member
Hakota-Zai

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: This is a thread. [CLoSeD; Hakota-Zai]   This is a thread. [CLoSeD; Hakota-Zai] EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 3:02 pm

Hakota-Zai

"Matsu it is, then. I'm often called Zai, but haven't much preference fer names," so long as said name wasn't Dead-Eye, this was true. He couldn't see any circumstance that he'd call her freak, aside from teasing circumstance.

Conversation shifted swiftly as his question was overwhelmed by yet more from the curious Matsu. He didn't flinch much from the mention of fights, but that she would wonder if it was fun made his smile just the slightest less genuine as he pondered the concept of a fun fight.

"Guess it depends," he began. "Some fights can be fun, under th' right circumstance," he shifted quickly, in a blur it would seem like he kicked up both fans and snatched them with his hands. In truth, the motions of the foot had bent the ceramic weapons into his hands -- a motion subtle to all but the most trained eyes. He twisted back into the traditional Kyoshi pose with a grin.

"Other fights, though..." He trailed off, motioning with his head to the dark instrument that was the blade on the ground. "Can be a bit life-threatenin'. Sure, there's adrenaline, but knowing only one might come outa it alive can be daunting." Such was once his job, frankly. To be the only one out alive. Truth was he never drew the blade these days; it was a tool of death, a harvester of lives and he knew not any other way to use it. Last it saw light aside from the usual cleanings was when it had been twisted into his own chest... An act he'd not again repeat.

The ill thought was only briefly visible on his face before he returned the fans to rest in closed positions on the ground.

Back to top Go down
Matsu
Staff Admin
Matsu

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: This is a thread. [CLoSeD; Hakota-Zai]   This is a thread. [CLoSeD; Hakota-Zai] EmptySun Feb 28, 2016 8:51 pm

Matsu's eyes widened to nearly the size of dinner plates as his fans went from the ground and into his grip in seconds. For a brief moment, she wondered what that grip would feel like before shooing the thought away and tilting her head to the side.

"So your scars aren't because you're clumsy, but because you're skilled," she stated; it wasn't a question. He looked vaguely unhappy, like there was something stuck between his teeth or an itch somewhere unpleasant. Wanting to restore the smile she already missed, she shifted her yellow belly shirt off to the side, revealing some flesh from the lower half of her breast. There, between the ribs right under her left boob, was a thick scar, short in length.

She gave a small smile, then restored her clothing where it had been before. Softly, she admitted what terrified her: "See? I'm not perfect either."
Back to top Go down
Hakota-Zai
Superb Member
Hakota-Zai

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: This is a thread. [CLoSeD; Hakota-Zai]   This is a thread. [CLoSeD; Hakota-Zai] EmptySat May 14, 2016 2:41 am

Hakota-Zai

Mood: Curious.

The thought crossed his mind to contradict her statement of skill being the cause of his scars, as he thought himself able to avoid many had he been just an ounce better than he was. Though it was now true that he'd seen far less scars as his training reached its peak. Just idle thoughts, however, as the fair young acrobat cut off any word Zai might have meant to utter as she swept aside much of her garb.

Perhaps his experience was failing him -as normally a woman's form had little effect on him most days- but the slightest crimson reached his unmarred cheek at Matsu's abrupt exposure. But the scar did draw the eye as his mind tried to calculate what left the wound on this young woman's otherwise faultless features. His answer did not come as she covered herself once more.

"See? I'm not perfect either." The words were timid, but they brought a gentle smile to the mercenary's visage.

"Ain't scars that make us imperfect. Th're just proof o' what we've survived-- that we've a chance t' overcome our faults. Take it from a warrior covered in 'em; without scars, I'd be a dead man," he phrased softly, resisting the urge to point out her near flawless self.

"Mind if I ask 'bout where tha' came from?" he figured it to be a stab wound of sorts, being thick but short in length. "I understand if ya don't want t' say," he'd finish, no desire for her discomfort.

Back to top Go down
Hakota-Zai
Superb Member
Hakota-Zai

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: This is a thread. [CLoSeD; Hakota-Zai]   This is a thread. [CLoSeD; Hakota-Zai] EmptyFri Jun 10, 2016 2:29 am

Thread closed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is a thread. [CLoSeD; Hakota-Zai]   This is a thread. [CLoSeD; Hakota-Zai] Empty

Back to top Go down

This is a thread. [CLoSeD; Hakota-Zai]
Page 1 of 1