The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Fire Lord's Flameo Return [Opeeennnnnn]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Shula
Staff Admin
Shula

EXP : 4645
Birthday : 1996-03-21

Character Description
Position: Fire Lord
Nation: Fire Nation

The Fire Lord's Flameo Return [Opeeennnnnn] Empty
PostSubject: The Fire Lord's Flameo Return [Opeeennnnnn]   The Fire Lord's Flameo Return [Opeeennnnnn] EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 1:35 am

Shula Njoo

Shula paced the throne room, shooting some servants an irritated glance. They were busy taking down the statue of Novai placed behind the throne, to set into the Fire Lord Statue Room, or something like that. The noise was driving her mad. She was frustrated, anyone could see that. Of course, she'd been frustrated for days now, but that was only because certain parts of the Fire Nation army had decided to completely renounce her claim to the throne and turn their backs on their country. Damned traitors is what they were. A servant came to bring her the customary afternoon tea, but she waved it away, busy thinking. If she offered something they wanted, she could buy their loyalty. Of course, she didn't want possible traitors in her army, but this was just so they'd come back to the homeland so she could have them put away for life. Her brow furrowed, she continued pacing. Anyone who dared to interrupt her would have to be absolutely mad.
Mood: Frustrated
Condition: Fine
I'll Place A Link Here...Eventually.

Last edited by Shula on Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

EXP : 8293
Birthday : 1989-10-02

Character Description
Position: Chief of the Northern Water Tribe
Nation: Water Tribes

PostSubject: Re: The Fire Lord's Flameo Return [Opeeennnnnn]   The Fire Lord's Flameo Return [Opeeennnnnn] EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 4:39 am

Two long years. It had been two long years of war. And here they were. Kano sat back in the palanquin, looking out the narrow curtains at the crowds passing by. He wondered briefly if any of them knew that the man who had destroyed their fleets, helped lead the charge on their capitol, and assisted in the dethronement of their Fire Lord was hidden in the regal carriage. This business of being carried by people... it irked him. Still, Captain Klargith had voiced concern that he would find himself a target to the remaining loyalists if he went on foot. Against his own prideful sense, he allowed this bit of protocol.

The times had changed Kano quite a bit. He looked mostly the same. He had maybe a few more scars since the outset of this whole thing. But the only real difference was the mustache now adorning his face. He found people took him a bit more seriously that way.

Through the gates of Caldera City and on to the palace the palanquin went. They traveled through into the very heart of the palace until they came to a large hall within it. He stepped out of the man-drawn carriage, grateful to be able to stretch his legs.

"Chief Kanoei." said a voice, approaching. He looked around. A young woman with several scrolls tucking in her arm was moving toward him. She was quite business-like. "Sorry to keep you waiting."

"I just got here." Kano said, smiling kindly as he looked around. It wasn't the Blue Palace, but it certainly was a regal one.

"But protocol dictates that a member of the Fire Lord's personal staff should meet any and all dignitaries of a rank comparable to the Fire Lord's herself. Frankly, I was three seconds late. This is totally unacceptable! Ugh! What is your problem, Fon?!"

"Y... you're new at this, aren't you?" Kano said slowly, blinking with concern as she started verbally berating herself.

"Who told you that?!" the girl named Fon snapped at him. A moment later, she seemed to come to her senses. "I-I'm terribly sorry, I--!"

"Think nothing of it." Kano said, holding up a hand with a shake of his head. "Just point me in the direction of the throne room."

"Ah, well, it's this way. Here, I'll show... you..."

"No, just point." Kano said, cutting her off. Didn't keep her from finishing her sentence.

After a staring contest that left Kano wondering why she wasn't hustling people on some staring scam, she gave in and pointed him in the right direction. Per her directions, he wove his way through the palace and eventually found the throne room and, indeed, Shula herself.

"Nice digs." Kano said, pulling a little comment crazy old Pang had provided over the years. He stood framed in the doorway, watching the newly restored Fire Lord pace around.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lanembrozgal.com
Shula
Staff Admin
Shula

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Fire Lord's Flameo Return [Opeeennnnnn]   The Fire Lord's Flameo Return [Opeeennnnnn] EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 1:21 pm

Shula Njoo

Shula looked up at the sound of Kanoei's voice, complimenting the place in a very Kanoei-esque way. She snapped her fingers at the servants, who bowed to the Northern Water Tribe Chief, then to herself, and she waved them out of the room. Thank God, silence at last. She then turned to look at Kano, a very unladylike snort answering his comment. "Yeah, I guess they are, huh?" she replied. She had no time for the frilly things though; two years of fighting for her throne had hardened her in ways that most royals would never be. "Welcome to the Fire Nation Palace," she said in a fancy voice, obviously mocking the fact that she was now, once again, a royal.

"Tea?" she asked, waving him inside with a yawn. She was quite tired; of course, it only made sense. She didn't have time for sleep much anymore. It was all about getting her kingdom back, getting the people to follow her, stopping those who were against her...So much work to do. And yet, it'd all be worth it.

Mood: Calm
Link

Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Fire Lord's Flameo Return [Opeeennnnnn]   The Fire Lord's Flameo Return [Opeeennnnnn] EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 3:18 am

"Please." Kano said, nodding politely to the servants her were heading out past him as he approached her. It had been a few months since he'd seen Shula. Being Fire Lord again didn't seem to agree with her. Or maybe she was just stressed out. He could sympathize.

He looked around the place as he went. It was a room of many columns. Reds and golds were commonplace, depictions of fire in carved gold relief. It wasn't a surprising theme. At the far end of the hall sat the Fire Lord's throne. Had she been sitting in it, he would likely have been treated to a show of flames wreathing the perch. But then, the Throne Hall of the Blue Palace was no backward relic of a room. It was, however, the first time he'd ever been in this particular room. It was quite nice, all things considered.

"Fire Lord Shula!" he said, smiling around at her as he came to a halt a dozen or so feet in front of the raised throne platform. "It does have a certain... ring to it, doesn't it?"
Back to top Go down
Shula
Staff Admin
Shula

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Fire Lord's Flameo Return [Opeeennnnnn]   The Fire Lord's Flameo Return [Opeeennnnnn] EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 11:17 am

Shula Njoo

"Fire Lord Shula! It does have a certain...ring to it, doesn't it?" Kanoei said, and Shula laughed, loosening up for perhaps the first time since she'd arrived here. A maid of hers, standing hidden in the shadow of a random pillar as usual, scurried off to get the tea after Shula nodded to her. "To be quite honest...I'm still not used to it," she answered with a small smile.

She couldn't get used to the big fluffy bed she had to sleep in at night--she often didn't fall asleep, either, too busy with her pacing --and she couldn't get used to all of the people hounding her in the morning, trying to make her presentable for the day. She sent those ones away; she could dress herself. She almost began pacing again, but realized she'd probably start creating ruts in the floor. This thought brought another small smile to her lips. So, instead, she turned to look at Kanoei as the maid came back in, a heavy tray of gold in her arms, laid with expensive silver plates stacked with small cookies and sandwiches, and silver teacups lined with gold sat next to those, a steaming teapot adorning the center of the fancy tray, also silver, also lined with gold designs.

The maid bowed to them both, her arms struggling to hold the tray. Shula asked her to go set the tray down at a table near the two, and the maid happily obliged before going to stand in her shadow again. Shula then gestured to Kanoei to take his pick; she didn't want any. Tea only wound her up more, if that made any sense. "Your trip was comfortable?" she asked, wanting to make sure that he experienced no discomfort. Of course, he was one of the few who followed her in her battle to get her kingdom back; she would have to repay him for that, of course. Honor dictated at least that much.

Link

Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Fire Lord's Flameo Return [Opeeennnnnn]   The Fire Lord's Flameo Return [Opeeennnnnn] EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 5:01 pm

"While I will never understand the appeal of palanquins," Kano said after nodding his appreciation for the refreshments while he took a seat next to the table. He began preparing his tea as he sat there. "The journey was quite pleasant."

The Seawolf was a smooth ride as always and bore him from the Northern Water Tribe with the speed and efficiency he'd come to expect of Captain Klargith's ship and crew. Aside from a small delay in the neutral zone of the central sea, he'd had no hindrances. Of course, that particular little event had been by choice. He'd been meeting with Admiral Koda, the commander of the Water Tribe blockade on the northern fire islands where most of the remaining resistance to the new Fire Lord's rule was centralized.

After stirring a small measure of cream into his tea, he leaned back in his seat crossing his legs. He looked up at Shula as he sipped from the delicate silver cup.

"So tell me," he said finally, placing his cup back down and resting his hands in his lap. "What's with all the pacing? I've been in here about five minutes and you haven't stopped for more than a few seconds on a stretch. You look uncomfortable. And in this, uh..." he waved a hand lazily about the hall, sparing a passing glance for what he was gesturing at. "magnificent place, no less." he finished, returning his gaze to Shula and his hand to his lap.
Back to top Go down
Shula
Staff Admin
Shula

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Fire Lord's Flameo Return [Opeeennnnnn]   The Fire Lord's Flameo Return [Opeeennnnnn] EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 12:29 pm

Shula Njoo

His comment about the palanquins brought a smile to her lips. She didn't get why they had to use them, either, but who was she to argue with tradition? She resumed her pacing, back and forth, as he sat at the table and prepared himself some tea. "So tell me, what's with all the pacing? I've been in here about five minutes and you haven't stopped for more than a few seconds on a stretch. You look uncomfortable. And in this, uh..." He paused, waving a hand to indicate the hall, "magnificent place, no less." Shula realized that she was, yet again, pacing, and stopped, her face flooding with color at embarrassment. Guess it was pretty obvious that she was stressed.

"So much to do, and I feel as though I have only so much time to do it," she said carelessly, but took a seat across from Kanoei anyways, to prevent the unbidden pacing from happening again. "Plus...I'm not used to such lavishness, after two years of being away. It's hard to adjust..." she said with a shrug, before taking a cup of tea and swirling a spoon in it absentmindedly. She didn't drink it--it would only further display how much time she was wasting in her eyes--but it was calming to stir the drink, the smell soothing.

Link

Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Fire Lord's Flameo Return [Opeeennnnnn]   The Fire Lord's Flameo Return [Opeeennnnnn] EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 6:31 pm

"Try living an entire life without it and then being thrust into something you were never prepared for." Kano chuckled, shaking his head slightly. "I was convinced I would be spending the rest of my life teaching young waterbenders, but fate has a way of interceding."

He took another sip of his tea and considered the throne perched atop its platform at the head of the hall briefly. It was little more than a lavish cushion under a magnificent little pavilion, but it was nevertheless the seat of power for one of the greatest empires in the history of the world. Though it had suffered a great defeat, a defeat Kanoei believed was in its best interests, it was little diminished. Its culture was still great, its people strong. The Fire Nation would recover and flourish under its new Fire Lord... if she wanted it to.

"Have you ever been to the Blue Palace?" he continued in a conversational sort of way. "It's quite an exquisite place, really. Filled to the brim with all manner of fine things given to the chiefs over the years or created by the ancient ancestors of the tribe or whatever other thing you could think up. It's really quite over the top. But places like this aren't for us. We're just the temporary inhabitants. They were here before we were born and, in all likelihood, they'll be here after we're gone. No, it's all for the people. It's to show our neighbors of foreign countries what our people are capable of. My advice is take it in stride. It's not for you."

He chuckled to himself, sipping at his tea.

"So what about these chores of yours? Affairs of state?"
Back to top Go down
Shula
Staff Admin
Shula

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Fire Lord's Flameo Return [Opeeennnnnn]   The Fire Lord's Flameo Return [Opeeennnnnn] EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 8:08 pm

Shula Njoo

Shula listened interestedly at Kanoei as she continued stirring her tea, the spoon making the occasional click against the side of the cup. "The Blue Palace? No, I have not yet had time for the pleasure," she answered absentmindedly, nodding at his advice. He was right; the lavish lifestyle wasn't necessarily for Shula herself. She smiled as Kanoei called her state affairs chores. "And my 'chores', as you call them, are pretty much getting the traitors out of here, convincing the people to follow me....so yes, affairs of the state. And I'm stressed higher than holy heaven." she said, sighing, still stirring her tea, although it was faster and faster. So much for calming. It was becoming worse than if she'd continued pacing.

"What of the Northern Water Tribe? Do you need anything at all?" she asked, wanting to make sure that she could repay him for his help during the war. She'd happily help his tribe, as she was certain he knew.

Link

Last edited by Shula on Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : It was too short before.)
Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Fire Lord's Flameo Return [Opeeennnnnn]   The Fire Lord's Flameo Return [Opeeennnnnn] EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 12:37 pm

"Oh, we're fine." Kano said, waving a hand at the question. "Most of our fleet is currently on the blockade of the northern fire islands per General Zhou's request. He wants the Phoenix Corps. to deal with the remaining dissidents instead of my warriors. Can't say as I blame him. You have a greater chance of ending this whole thing peacefully if it's countrymen trying to talk these guys down. You know Gen. He doesn't let up until the job's done."

He sipped at his tea again, placing the cup back down on the table and looking over at Shula with a determined sort of look in his eye.

"You know, to tell the truth." he said, feeling as though the jig was up. There was nothing to be gained by keeping the charade going on any longer. He figured he might as well come out and say it. "Gen is quite worried about you. He asked me if I wouldn't mind speaking to you, one leader to another. He seems to be under the impression that I'm the best person for the job, though I don't know if I agree with him. The truth of the matter is that it almost never gets any easier..."

He sighed, looking down at his own hands, resting upon one another in his lap.

"My rule began with a declaration of war." he said with a heavy sort of feeling weighing upon him within his chest. "My greatest fear since then wasn't the fear of death, or even the fear of defeat. It was the fear that my people would see me as nothing but a war-monger dead set on conflict. After all... what else could a man who declared war on a so-called ally the night he was declared chief be?" he shook his head slightly, still staring down at his own hands. He'd never admitted this to anyone, not even his own blood relatives, his grandfather, his father, his mother. No one. Not even Koa or Hun-Hun. It was difficult for him to look back up at her for some reason, but he did. "There are things that weigh on people like us, Shula. Things that most people have no idea about. They can't even begin to feel the weight of it all. Letting yourself go nuts over all these things... is not going to help your people..."
Back to top Go down
Shula
Staff Admin
Shula

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Fire Lord's Flameo Return [Opeeennnnnn]   The Fire Lord's Flameo Return [Opeeennnnnn] EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 2:24 pm

Shula Njoo

Shula set her tea aside and stood, pacing once more. The damned habit was going to drive her mad, but she couldn't help it. What Kanoei had said rang a true note within her, and it bothered her fiercely. "I have already hurt my people," she said quietly, glaring at the grandeur of the throne room. To be quite honest, had Novai been a better ruler, she might not have even fought for her throne. But, he had not been a great ruler, and therefore she felt right in fighting for her rightful place. But how many had she hurt to get there? She was rather like Novai, in that she clawed her way back to the top, the way he had. "How can I help my people if I'm willing to harm them so that I can have my throne and my power back?" she stated, voicing her thoughts. She continued pacing, back and forth, in front of the table. "All that aside," she said, putting all of that to the back of her mind, "How does Gen Zhou fare? I have yet to see him since we laid siege to the Palace." She looked at him, knowing that his words would mean little if his manner did not speak of sincerity.

I'll Put a Link Here....Eventually.

Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Fire Lord's Flameo Return [Opeeennnnnn]   The Fire Lord's Flameo Return [Opeeennnnnn] EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 12:02 am

"Gen is fine." Kano said. "He also guessed that you'd try to change the subject and said, and I quote: 'Don't let her divert the conversation.'"

He looked over at Shula with a sharp sort of glance that didn't even belong to him. It was the look he knew Gen liked throwing out there when he reigned someone in. He knew Shula would recognize it. Everyone who knew Gen would have. He's famous for it. Shifting around a bit in his seat, Kano rested his hands in his lap once more and then returned his gaze to Shula.

"All other considerations aside for now, my friend." he said, a look of utter seriousness and empathy. "Your people will blame you, but not for those reasons. Novai's rule was hard on your people. You'll be blamed not for his fall, but for his rise. It isn't fair, but... it's what is. If the people of the Fire Nation had truly wanted to fight for Novai, we wouldn't be sitting here now. It's a question of hidden agendas. Your people have secretly wanted to be free of him for quite some time. I knew many of your people under his rule. Gen was one of them. Your concern is understandable, but misplaced. They need a good leader, not a guilty one. The question is... Are you that leader?"
Back to top Go down
Shula
Staff Admin
Shula

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Fire Lord's Flameo Return [Opeeennnnnn]   The Fire Lord's Flameo Return [Opeeennnnnn] EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 5:20 pm

Shula Njoo

Shula smiled. Of course Gen wouldn't let her divert the conversation. She sighed, shaking her head with that small smile, as she noticed Kanoei's very Gen-like gaze. "Have you been spending so much time with the old man that you're turning into him?" she said with a laugh, until she was sobered up by Kanoei's next speech that brought yet another bought of doubt and worry to her. Her young face was creased with worry, and she sat down heavily. "I could be that leader, with time. But right now...my concern is not making sure the public is happy with me. My concern is stamping the Novai followers out." she growled, an unusual look on her face. Only those who sparred with her would recognize it; it was a look of pure determination and single-mindedness.

"And how did you become such a good leader? I doubt anyone is just...born with it," she said with a sigh, the unusual look gone and the worry returning.

Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Fire Lord's Flameo Return [Opeeennnnnn]   The Fire Lord's Flameo Return [Opeeennnnnn] EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 8:43 am

"I've had my grandfather to guide me." Kano said simply. "He is a wise man, a man of great experience and knowledge. And when I felt lost, I turned to him for guidance. My trust in him has made me who I am, Shula. Now, you may not have the guiding hand of Hakano, the Wise Wolf at your disposal, but you do have that of Gen. And he is doing everything he can to restore peace to the Fire Nation."

He reached over and picked up his tea once more and downed what was left in his cup, pouring himself another. He usually didn't chug tea unless he just wanted a new glass entirely. And he'd been talking so long, his had gone a bit cold, so warming it up was in order. He didn't like using bending to warm up teas. Always made them taste a little bitter afterward.

"Gen is dealing with Novai's remaining supporters so that you don't have to." he continued finally, taking a sip of his tea and setting his cup down again. "He knows you. He knows how this is stressing you. And he knows that if you are to maintain your rule, your first duty is to win the love of your people. I'm here because he's afraid you're focusing too much on the minutia of a battle that is all but over. There won't be a victory for Novai. He's finished. Have faith, my friend." he chuckled. "What needs to be done is being done. All you have to do is figure out what needs to be done next."
Back to top Go down
Shula
Staff Admin
Shula

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Fire Lord's Flameo Return [Opeeennnnnn]   The Fire Lord's Flameo Return [Opeeennnnnn] EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 2:48 pm

Shula Njoo

She nodded at Kanoei's words, picking up a small cracker and nibbling on the end. She felt foolish for being so stressed, but it had been a very long and very hard two years. Kanoei was right; she needn't stress about what needed to be done. It was already being done, and fretting about it wasn't helping anything. Next...next...what to do next? Perhaps pleasing the people would help....a celebration? "What if I...held a festival?" she asked, a little hesitant. She had never been taught on what to do if she had to regain her people's love and trust. No one had ever thought that she'd need it; her father was so beloved and strong, none opposed him.

"A festival, with food and drinks and celebrations for three days? Held in each of our major cities...and I could give a few speeches, meet a few people?" she said, each sentence a question. She had no clue if this was a good idea or not, and resumed nibbling on her cracker, looking quite lost. It seemed that Kanoei had all of the answers, and she had none; it was a good thing they were allies.

Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Fire Lord's Flameo Return [Opeeennnnnn]   The Fire Lord's Flameo Return [Opeeennnnnn] EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 2:22 am

"A festival might be just what the Fire Nation needs." Kano nodded slowly. "It will tell the people that this conflict is coming to a close and that you don't intend to continue business as usual as it was under Novai. Plus, it may provide the opportunity for the people of the Fire Nation to realize that the men and women of foreign nations who have been patrolling their streets do not mean to remain their enemies and, in fact, do not mean to remain here."

He considered the next point she offered carefully before speaking.

"I also think that this nation needs to hear the voice of its new leader." he said. "However, I would be cautious. There are still those out there who are not happy with this new change in government. If an attempt is made on your life during one of these events, it may do harm enough in simply occurring to weaken your position beyond repair..."
Back to top Go down
Shula
Staff Admin
Shula

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Fire Lord's Flameo Return [Opeeennnnnn]   The Fire Lord's Flameo Return [Opeeennnnnn] EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 1:12 pm

Shula Njoo

"Of course. I'm well aware that necessary precautions must be taken, but I would still like for the people to meet they're finally reinstated ruler." she stated, finally calm. The fretting had been caused by the need to do something, and since she had felt she couldn't do anything...well, it caused useless stress. She breathed a sigh of relief; she now knew what she would do next, and could work off of that. "I'd like for you to attend. And perhaps Queen Meili. I'm going to call it...the Four Nations Festival. Perhaps we can hold it in each of the nations, instead of just the Fire Nation, since I want all of the nations involved. We must become united as a whole to ensure an era of peace and prosperity," she continued on, musing about things. "I think I'll invite the council members from the air temples as well. But, as stated, they could hold it in their own homes...I'd just like the first one to be held here..." she said, before she had a wonderful idea! "We can hold the festival annually! Each year, a different nation will hold it in their homelands!" she said excitedly, a grin upon her face. Yes, this would make the people happy.

Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Fire Lord's Flameo Return [Opeeennnnnn]   The Fire Lord's Flameo Return [Opeeennnnnn] EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 9:20 am

"It sounds wonderful." Kano smiled, nodding. "And each nation can give it their own bit of flair. It could be a valuable tool for ensuring unity and peace. People will not be so eager to fight each other if they are more aware of the human nature of those they are fighting. It may sound strange to some, but you and I understand just how easily you can hate someone you have dismissed as evil..."

He drank some more of his tea as he finished saying this. The spice took a bit of the edge off of the pang of guilt. He didn't even like to think about it. As he placed his cup down again, he looked back around, clearing his throat as politely as he could.

"I, um... I think that we should be quick about the plans for this. It might present a danger rushing into such a public event, but the longer we wait, the more likely it is that the loyalists will get past the blockades. If that happens, their general target number one will be any public event, especially if there are Alliance leaders there... Especially if you're there."
Back to top Go down
Shula
Staff Admin
Shula

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Fire Lord's Flameo Return [Opeeennnnnn]   The Fire Lord's Flameo Return [Opeeennnnnn] EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 12:46 pm

Shula Njoo

Shula held back a chuckle. People were so worried about her...it was funny how no one seemed to realize that she had been quite fine taking care of herself for the past few years. "Alright," she said, for while she didn't enjoy being under the guards' careful watch, she knew it was necessary. Her safety was key to a healthy nation. "Two weeks' time? Three, at the most." she stated, for she would need time to plan this all out and ensure that the other world leaders would attend. "I shall send word to Meili, Kanaryu, and the air council members at once, then," she decided, since it would be best to give them a few weeks' time to prepare.

OOC: Is Kanaryu even active anymore? How are we gonna have a festival without the SWT Chief?
Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Fire Lord's Flameo Return [Opeeennnnnn]   The Fire Lord's Flameo Return [Opeeennnnnn] EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 3:08 pm

"Two weeks." Kano nodded slowly. "I'll send word to the blockade commanders to prevent anyone from entering or leaving the restricted islands. If news reaches the loyalists of this little event of ours, there's bound to be trouble. Hm..."

He sat there in silence for a moment, considering carefully.

"AH!" he growled finally, shaking his head. "But enough of these worries! A celebration should be planned with a smile and a light heart. Even the most lavish festivals are for naught if there isn't the spirit of joy involved! Damn... I sound like the old man..."

He slapped the armrest of his chair as he said this last bit. It was all well and good to become like old man Hakano... he just didn't think it'd be that soon. Well... he'd been listening to the geezer for long enough.
Back to top Go down
Shula
Staff Admin
Shula

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Fire Lord's Flameo Return [Opeeennnnnn]   The Fire Lord's Flameo Return [Opeeennnnnn] EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 11:35 am

Shula Njoo

Shula smiled at Kano, a sincere smile free of strain and worry for the first time since she'd returned to the Palace. She relaxed as one of her lead guards came bursting into the room. He noticed she was in a meeting, murmured his apologies, bowed to Shula and then stood straight. "Ma'am! The loyalists have broken through our security! They're here in the Capitol." he said, sweating bullets. Shula stood, slowly, raising an eyebrow at him. With a simple movement, her small wakizashi that was always hidden in her robes was in her hands. "Stop them where you can. If they end up here...well, I'm in for a treat." she said with a large smile, waving him away. The guard hesitated, obviously having more to say, but she quirked an eyebrow at him and he bowed hastily, before backing out of the throne room, the immense doors shutting behind him. She kept her wakizashi in her hands, but sat down again, taking a sip of tea. "I normally don't enjoy tea." she mused, heating the cold tea in her hand as she twirled her wakizashi in her other. She then looked at Kano with eyes twinkling, a large grin set into her lips.
I’ll Place a Link Here...Eventually

Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Fire Lord's Flameo Return [Opeeennnnnn]   The Fire Lord's Flameo Return [Opeeennnnnn] EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 9:29 pm

"War over and peace here and still we're fighting." Kano muttered, standing himself and drawing his saber. "I think we announced victory a little too soon. Gen is not going to be happy about this breach. In any case, I'm going to send a messenger to get my elites from the Seawolf. They specialize in this sort of thing..."

He signaled one of the servants, who nodded instantly and backed away to hand off his request to one of the royal messengers. These people were good at following orders when the orders made sense. He didn't even have to explain himself again. That said... he wondered how many other conversations got listened in on when people weren't expecting it.

"Still..." he said slowly, looking around at her. "It's something of a surprise, isn't it? That they could get into the city so easily. I can't believe that Gen let them slip by..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Fire Lord's Flameo Return [Opeeennnnnn]   The Fire Lord's Flameo Return [Opeeennnnnn] Empty

Back to top Go down

The Fire Lord's Flameo Return [Opeeennnnnn]
Page 1 of 1