The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Return to the Peaceful City: The Fire Lords unexpected visit

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kanaryu
kanaryu

EXP : 538

Character Description
Position: Southern Water tribe chief
Nation: Water Tribes

Return to the Peaceful City: The Fire Lords unexpected visit Empty
PostSubject: Return to the Peaceful City: The Fire Lords unexpected visit   Return to the Peaceful City: The Fire Lords unexpected visit EmptyTue May 29, 2012 1:55 pm

Kanaryu Oshiro

Kanaryu made his way up a series of stairs to two great big doors. The doors proceeded to open and Kanaryu stepped inside along with the Fire Lord assuming he was still following behind. Kanaryu waved his hand at a couple of guards telling them in a way to clear out of the area and go somewhere else. He proceeded to approach another set of stairs and made his way up to them. There seemed to be many room upstairs but mostly they we're closed doors, this was we're everything was planned out really for wars and stuff if they ever came and others worked here to doing other things. Kanaryu approached a door and pushed it open leading into a rather large room with a bunch of maps and letters, in the middle of the room was a large world map on a icy round tabel, along with a couple of chairs. Kanaryu pulled out one and sat down and slumped in his seat lazily as he looked at Novai with a calm look on his face. This was still one of his relaxing days but Kanaryu was still serious about anything if he needed to be but right now he didn't feel like doing much, he had full attention on Novai now.

"Now, what was it that you wanted to talk about Novai? And please, pull up a seat."

Mood: calm
Condition: Healthy

Back to top Go down
Novai
Awesome Member

EXP : -2
Birthday : 1994-11-12

Character Description
Position: Fire Lord
Nation: Fire Nation

PostSubject: Re: Return to the Peaceful City: The Fire Lords unexpected visit   Return to the Peaceful City: The Fire Lords unexpected visit EmptyTue May 29, 2012 9:27 pm

Novai

Novai followed the Chief to his War room, a giant map laid right in front of him, although a few slight errors were apparent nothing was seriously off. The Chief himself was poised and ready for any news. Novai pulled up a seat across from Kanaryu, and sat down with a rigid posture.

"I believe the gates of hell are upon us, and that the first strike might be here in the SWT."

With a short pause, he began again, this time with more caution:

"In other words, the Earth Kingdom and its rapid militarization is to be feared once more. The Fire Nation as per its alliance has come to the aid of the SWT by providing weapons, aid, and men. Hopefully with the inclusion of such provisions, the EK will think twice about attacking us."

The tension diffused across the room, at least Novai was able to spill the beans and tell Chief Kanaryu exactly what he thought was going happen.

Mood: Calm
Condition: Fine

Back to top Go down
kanaryu
kanaryu

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Return to the Peaceful City: The Fire Lords unexpected visit   Return to the Peaceful City: The Fire Lords unexpected visit EmptyTue May 29, 2012 10:55 pm

Kanaryu Oshiro

Kanaryu simply sighed in disappointment. He was a bit frustrated, he really didn't feel like getting into another war with the Earth Kingdom it has been a nation the Southern water tribe has hated since its last known visit to the peaceful city in which they slaughtered there old chief. He moved him self up in his seat and sat with a stern look, this news he has heard is bothersome to him.

"Why would they attack us? What have we done to them? Ever since that last war i have tried my best to stay out of any wars. If i see Earth Kingdom soldiers here i will make them regret it..."

He stood up from his seat and started to pace, he was still clearly frustrated. He wasn't really sure why the EK would make an attempt to attack the peaceful city, was it to just show that the Earth kingdom was not to be messed with? if so then it would work out the same way as it did last time. He started to speak again as he paced back and forth.

"So they are rapidly bringing up there numbers... Hmm. I think its time to have a discussion with Queen Meili. Its a good thing you and your soldiers are here, if they do attack us then the fight will be over within minutes, or at least that is what i predict. I'm going to need a few ships stationed around all of the Southern Water Tribe and i will increase security within the city. Thanks for bringing this to my attention Lord Novai."

Kanaryu walked over to the huge world map and started to dot a line in the sea which was closest to the Southern water tribe and was a little below the Southern Air Tribe and a line to the right of the Southern Water tribe.

"The boats will be stationed there and they will all form a line, if one Earth Kingdom ships crosses that line then it will be considered a threat and there war will have started with us. Of course... I'm still going to speak to Queen Meili about this so she will know, i would rather not have a war on my hands."

He sighed and leaned against the table.

"Now all we can do is wait..."

Mood: Frustrated

Back to top Go down
Novai
Awesome Member

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Return to the Peaceful City: The Fire Lords unexpected visit   Return to the Peaceful City: The Fire Lords unexpected visit EmptyWed May 30, 2012 12:59 am

Novai

Novai could feel Kanaryu's frustration, he himself was also angered by the build up of forces along EK coasts. The flurry of questions from Kanaryu were expected, so Novai heaved a sigh and began the arduous task of explaining what he felt were EK convictions.

"The EK could have a myriad of explanations for massing troops on its borders, they could say its defensive perhaps. We don't know for certain, but we'd be fools to do nothing about the issue at hand."

Following that flow of logic, Novai himself paced the room, watching as Kanaryu marked the map, and describing his own battle plan. When he began to speak of positioning ships, Novai himself consented.

"I agree, a full naval barrier around the SWT should be implemented, however at the same time we must exercise caution with the Air Nomads as well. Reports came in from my right hand General, that the Air Nomads are hostile towards peaceful negotiation and treaties, if we make the mistake of walking into their territory, it would be bloody."

The tension mounted as Novai pointed towards NWT, he had been meaning to ask Kanaryu about this all along, but he didn't know how he would react. Not to say that the NWT were traitors but they certainly weren't hostile towards the common enemy.

"The SWT's sister has not begun defensive preparations for quite a few weeks now, whether they responded in protest to the FN's attempted Invasion of the WAT is up to them, however in honoring the code of conduct towards the EK, I am skeptical."

Novai did not want to point fingers, but the new leader of the NWT hadn't given his reaffirming stance in regards to the treaty that holds the FN and the WT's together.

"Nontheless, I will tell my navy destroyers to secure the blockade line, it is up to us then, to contact Meili, and have the EK not break this line of defense."

Back to top Go down
kanaryu
kanaryu

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Return to the Peaceful City: The Fire Lords unexpected visit   Return to the Peaceful City: The Fire Lords unexpected visit EmptyWed May 30, 2012 2:38 pm

Kanaryu Oshiro

"Hopefully they are just doing this for there defense. And i have no problem with the Air temples. None of the ships will be on there waters, just ours, i can tell you it is very strange hearing that the air nomads have changed there ways. As for our sister tribe, they are fine. They probably have nothing to worry about, but they probably are outraged by the Fire Nations invasion of the Western Air Temple."

He sat down in his chair scratching his chin again while thinking hard on the situation at hand. He started to mumble to him self on what he should do, he was thinking the Earth Kingdom would do nothing and that they we're just increasing there numbers for defense. He really didn't have time for this, he had other things to do besides worry about the Earth Kingdom.

"I really shouldn't be worried about this... There are more important things that need to be done for the whole tribe. Right now i am trying to strengthen our ties with our sister tribe, but this is putting it off. After a week has passed then we will move the ships back to our docks and will continue on as we have, i still plan to leave for the Northern Water Tribe this week so i guess i will have someone look out while i am gone. I will write to Queen Meili during my travel to the North. We'll have all this done by the end of today."

He said as he looked at Novai. Kanaryu was calm now, he knew his tribe would be well protected if anything did happen but he still doubted anything would happen, he didn't know how his people would react to this sort of news, he didn't even know if he should tell them what was happening and if they saw something he would just tell them it was just drills going on, but the right thing had to be done.

"So i take it the invasion didn't go so well hm? The Air Nomads don't seem like fighters but they are, but i guess anyone can turn into a warrior when there home is under threat."

Mood: Frustrated

Back to top Go down
Novai
Awesome Member

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Return to the Peaceful City: The Fire Lords unexpected visit   Return to the Peaceful City: The Fire Lords unexpected visit EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 11:57 am

OOC: Sorry, I haven't had time to respond.

Novai

Novai listened intently as the Chief gave his opinion, sure, we can assume that the people who attacked us in the past would obviously be arming themselves up for self defense. Flawless logic justifying why the SWT was attacked in the first place...easily vulnerable and their leaders cared less about protection than they did about peace.

While Novai thought silently to himself, he nodded at Kanaryu to show his support,

"I respect your decision, and as such I'll have the Navy sail back to the FN, since the EK and its troops don't seem to be a priority for the SWT."

Thoughts raced across Novai's mind, if the SWT nor the NWT wish to arm , then perhaps the FN should become the sole proprietor of defense, he had to arm his nation and fortify every single island...bah how strenuous a task...but then again his Navy controlled almost all important sea channels except the ones from the EK up north to the NWT.

"I'm afraid that the Fire Nation has begun to arm its own sea channels, and in a few days we will put the navy on high alert just for precaution. Times are dark right now, but I'll see what I can do if your sailors are trying to sail through FN controlled waters."

Weaponry was not going to be shipped anywhere past FN lines...no matter which nation it was. If it was trading, equipment, medicine, and what not, the FN would allow the ships past, but weapons were a gigantic no.

The next comment ticked Novai off just a tad bit, moreover why was the chief asking about the invasion?

"The Invasion was obviously not successful and it was a military blunder, but after careful analysis of the island and its geopolitical significance, it was completely useless for the FN to have attacked. We have retreated and have shown our peaceful disposition through withdrawal."

Back to top Go down
kanaryu
kanaryu

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Return to the Peaceful City: The Fire Lords unexpected visit   Return to the Peaceful City: The Fire Lords unexpected visit EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 1:20 am

OOC: It's okay been the same with me with work and what not.

Kanaryu Oshiro

"Very well then. I wont haft to worry now."

He said replying to Novai about having the Fire Nation Navy sent back. He wasn't sure if it was the best decision yet but for now it seemed to be, there was really no reason to get worked up about a possible Earth Kingdom invasion, thinking about it, it just didn't seem to be in Queen Meili's intentions. Kanaryu seemed very worried about Novai's comment about arming the sea channels.

"Hmm... Are you sure you want to do that? I hope you don't plan to search all my ships going to the north if you do this. I plan on giving a lot of things to the north."

Kanaryu wasn't sure what would happen there but he assumed he would be seeing it soon anyways when he left for the North sometime this week. He really didn't like the idea but he knew Novai was just trying to be safe. He sort of noticed Novai was bit ticked off about what Kanaryu had asked, but he just wanted to know what happened there.

"I see... I guess this is good news. At least it ended peacefully."

He said with a weak smile. He was sort of glad the invasion didn't go so well. He looked down at the ground thinking for a while and looked back up to Novai. It was kind of weird having the Fire Lord and his troops here in the Southern Water Tribe, about a hundred years or so ago the only reason they would've have been here was to exterminate the WaterBenders and any who we're born, could that happen again? Kanaryu shook his head to make his thoughts of this go away.

"I guess you'll be making you way back to the Fire Nation Capital? I might drop by sometime, that is of course if you are not locked into a war by the time i get back from the north. Although i doubt it."

Kanaryu hoped he was right he didn't really like the sight of war and he hated getting involved in it, the last time he got involved in a war it was for a reason and a good reason but then it only felt like a bad decision in the end and he felt like there was nothing could do to help the vengeful grip that his people had. In the beginning it felt like no one was there for them and a dark cloud full of sadness lingered over them until the Fire Nation came, It seemed like they we're the light that had shone out the dark and ended the Southern Water Tribes sadness, it was the truth. He got back to thinking after that about the old times and he hated to think about it but it seemed unreal to him, did the Fire Nation help them to repay the Southern Water Tribe for what they did in the Hundred year war? It seemed that way and that may have been the reason. Kanaryu smiled slightly for a minute and then returned to a calm expression.

"It's going to be a busy week..."

Mood: okay

Back to top Go down
Novai
Awesome Member

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Return to the Peaceful City: The Fire Lords unexpected visit   Return to the Peaceful City: The Fire Lords unexpected visit EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 3:46 pm

OOC: I'm a month and 24 days late. Better late than never, right? Sorry...

Novai

Looking at the man sitting in front of him, Novai understood that he didn't want to escalate the situation further, neither did he, but times were trying. He couldn't force protection on a people who didn't need his assistance, rather, Novai thought to himself: It would be easier to just concentrate on the Fire Nation Islands.

"I understand your position, Chief Kanaryu, and I respect that. The troops will depart along with the weaponry."

Weary of the meeting in its entirety, Novai was faced with the decision of blockading his waters to ensure protection or risk invasion. It was too risky to try and stop the water benders in their own element, might as well just let them pass the barricade.

"I can assure you, as long as your water benders do not mean any mal intentions or bring weapons pointed at the Fire Nation, safe waters are guaranteed."

Novai stared at the ground for a few moments, pondering how such a structure could be made out of pure ice, and withstand the four elements and their brutality. Novai was still naive of much, and that was apparent, it would be a long time till he understood the wonders that other elements could bring. The notion of invasion was not appealing to him, unless it helped him cement his position on the world stage.

"Well, as they say, the road to hell is paved with good intentions, I meant well when I wished to invade the WAT. I was thinking about my people and their protection, not the WAT nomads who had been extinct until recently."

Carrying on with that momentum...

"It however will never be the policy of the Fire Nation to show cowardice or settle for peace when justice was not due, it just isn't the kind of people we are. If the Earth Kingdom strikes, I will ask of your people the same commitment my own gave to the Southern Water Tribe."

and with that, Novai glanced towards his Chief counterpart, his eyes glistened with intent, serious.

Back to top Go down
kanaryu
kanaryu

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Return to the Peaceful City: The Fire Lords unexpected visit   Return to the Peaceful City: The Fire Lords unexpected visit EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 11:22 am

Kanaryu Oshiro

"That's good to hear. And don't worry, i don't think we have any intentions of turning on you. We owe you so much for what you have done in the past."

He started to think for a while that maybe the fire lord was on edge, or at least it seemed like it from Kanaryu's view of him. He was not totally sure of Novai's intentions yet but he figured he would learn soon enough and would go along with his plans until something odd or bad happened.

"Very true. The Air Nomads have been increasing in number rapidly, in fact i never even thought they would get the numbers that they have now. I still find it strange that they have changed there ways a bit. They are allies of the Earth Kingdom to, so they we're probably just following some orders from them, of course i only assume this."

Kanaryu wasn't real sure about the Air Nomads they seemed to have changed over the century, maybe they changed so that they wouldn't be wiped out again like last time. He looked at Novai for a while listening to him. Kanaryu was all in for helping the Fire nation against the Earth Kingdom only because him and his people harbored a personal hatred for them that most thought by now they have gotten over it, but that day was still fresh in there minds.

"You'll have our full commitment, Lord Novai. If they do attack, I'll make sure they wont have a navy to fight with anymore. I hope they never attack though, i have no need for getting involved in war right now, the last war we we're in was a joke... My people got nothing from it."

Even though he had said they didn't get anything from the last war, they did receive the foggy swamp tribe which was also good but was not really what they had wanted and it didn't even amount to what they had lost, it felt almost as if the Earth Kingdom gave them that and they laughed in there faces.

Mood: okay

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Return to the Peaceful City: The Fire Lords unexpected visit   Return to the Peaceful City: The Fire Lords unexpected visit Empty

Back to top Go down

Return to the Peaceful City: The Fire Lords unexpected visit
Page 1 of 1