The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Earth Queen's Campaign

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Meili
Superb Member
Meili

EXP : 43135
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Earth Queen
Nation: Earth Kingdom

The Earth Queen's Campaign - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Earth Queen's Campaign   The Earth Queen's Campaign - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 8:40 pm

Meili Mitali Zalika

Meili listened to him as he started rambling. She processed most of it, but had little true concern for any of it. But, a few things did stand out.

"and here you are thinking you've figured me out," Meili chuckled as she took another swig, "if I wanted you dead, I would have already killed you. If not me personally, then one or more of my agents who followed me here. You're not the only kid who is after a bounty on my head. Granted, if you want to put the price of your own life on top of a few thousand gold pieces, that is your choice to make, because to try and slay the Earth Queen is defined as "suicide". Just some food for thought."

She listened to his story about the Dai Li and then took another swig again. "It would depend on how long ago this was. Remember that I have not been Queen for a very long time, so it was most likely either rogue Dai Li agents, or under King Lei's command. the Dai Li under my control are for keeping order, and have some of their activity backed and protected by the State. They work in the name of the Earth Queen and the Earth Kingdom. if my Dai Li assassinate a dangerous figure and steal a kill from a bounty hunter, I cannot say that it is of my concern. The strong and the skilled will thrive, while the weak and the helpless will perish by the wayside."

She turned to face him directly. "And as sad as your tale may sound, I do not have a shred of sympathy for any man who wishes for my head, regardless of how many friends or relatives he is trying to support. My first recommendation would be to look into a better, more honest, and more stable career. although... you made mention of Xue's mother... if I may ask... who was she? And, if she needs so much support, is she in the city?"

Mood: Dangerous
Condition: Tipsy
Link:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Queen's Campaign   The Earth Queen's Campaign - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 8:53 pm

"She passed away a little while ago. And as for the bounty on you, I would never have dreamed of trying to fight you. And the last one that tried to steal my bounty, was three days ago. He told me that someone was corrupting the Dai Li, hope that information keeps you busy. All things considered, you have no Dai Li around here. During the game, I had been sensing for people who had military training. There were none here other than you. Your a pretty bad liar, hope you can hide your emotions from me. Tata!" Gysu then began to lower himself into the ground and before long had completely vanished. After waiting a few minutes, he sprung up from the ground like a daisy does in the snow. He was now situated behind his queen. "Hope you don't mind me saying this, but things are going to be real interesting, real soon. Keep an eye on the south. And you really should have some glasses made. Your eyesight is terrible. Well, anything you want to say to me?" Gysu awaited her answer.
Back to top Go down
Meili
Superb Member
Meili

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Queen's Campaign   The Earth Queen's Campaign - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 9:09 pm

Meili Mitali Zalika

"I am well aware that some people believe the Dai Li to be corrupt. It all depends on the definition of 'corrupt'."
Meili had an idea that she knew what was going on, and as many people suspected, she wasn't entirely honest in all her underground dealings with the Dai Li. But, no one had any evidence to prove that, as no Dai Li that swore allegiance to Meili would ever dare tell.

"you call me a pretty bad liar?" She snapped her fingers, and immediately she was surrounded by 4 Dai Li Agents, who sprung up from the ground around her.
"...perhaps your little game of fortune-telling isn't as shrewd as you think. You might be able to fool the citizenry of Makapu Village though... I heard that they haven't been the same since their revered "Aunt Wu" passed away a couple decades ago."

suddenly, he sunk into the ground. Meili put her feet on the ground and immediately sensed that he would pop up behind him, and so she spun around.

"My eyesight is terrible, is it, my boy?" she laughed, possibly from slight tipsiness, "I do say, you're a funny one. Remember--my good looks are not the only reason I am queen."

she smirked upon hearing his final phrase.
"I would, actually. I would recommend getting a new career starting today. the bounties that are slowly drying up... just got dryer."
Link:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Queen's Campaign   The Earth Queen's Campaign - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 9:18 pm

Gysu smiled and clapped his hands. The Dai Li were all crushed instantly and killed. "That was all I needed to hear. It truly was an honor having spoke with you about these little things that seem so irrelevant. My sister really is a good earth bender. You should consider letting her join." Then he looked at Xue and simply told her to meet him were they last met in one week's time. He looked upon the queen and with a smile simply said, "Your anger is your weakness. Inside of it lies the key to your defeat." He then lowered himself down into the ground and simply began to leave.
Back to top Go down
Meili
Superb Member
Meili

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Queen's Campaign   The Earth Queen's Campaign - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 9:26 pm

Meili Mitali Zalika

Meili had only the best of the best serve as her personal guard. their reflexes were as swift as hers were, and the would-be crushing prisons were blasted apart with no effort whatsoever.

the moment he lowered himself into the ground. Meili's foot stamped, and pushed him back to the surface, where Meili brought out a shard of metal, and with a whipping, fluid movement, threw it to wrap tightly around his ankles. definitely not the most impossible trap to get out of, but it wasn't as easy as 1-2-3 unless the fortune-teller was also a metalbender. If he was, then perhaps there was some usefulness in him after all.

"for someone who claims to not be an enemy of the state, you are making a fine performance that is saying otherwise." she remarked. Your own arrogance will work against you, and know that you cannot simply strut across the world abusing authority without expecting some sort of retaliation."
Link:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Queen's Campaign   The Earth Queen's Campaign - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 9:33 pm

Gysu smiled once more. With pure strength he ripped out of the bonds as though they were paper-mache.(OOC I dont know how to spell it) He then stomped the ground and made a crater about 2 feet wide that had sand inside of it. The sand then began to rise up and go into the ground around him breaking up the earth to create more sand. Then Gysu simply smiled and began to create sand-armor that went around his body so that he could be protected by physical attack. "Oh, and one more thing. That last encounter I had with the Dai Li. They told me who was corrupting them. You really are a naughty girl you know." Gysu then created then hairlike threads out of the sand and sent them out to one of the Dai Li. The threads struck penetrating his skin and burrowing into his flesh. "This is my puppet. For I am the puppet master." Gysu then began bending the sand within him until he got a good lock on his heart. "The sand is near your heart. Do as I say and you live. Defeat the other Dai Li but do not kill them."
Back to top Go down
Meili
Superb Member
Meili

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Queen's Campaign   The Earth Queen's Campaign - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 11:24 pm

[in conjunction with the possible Naruto reference... I give you... this post! ^^]

Meili Mitali Zalika

Meili's lips curled upward. "ah, so Ozuma did get the word out before he disappeared..." she nodded her approval, "a clever lad, that one was. always knew he couldn't keep a secret, and so soon the way he bragged about double-crossing the Earth Queen reached my ear.

'corruption' is an interesting word... that might be how someone would describe what I am doing. I just like to call it "militarization". people were uncomfortable about the extra training I gave the government and law officials. some thought that if people that powerful were the ones in power, that it would lead to my corruption and lust for power, and that is why it was called a corruption. People are afraid of change."

the instant the sand had penetratedno sooner had the sand invaded one of the Dai Li's bodies, than another Dai Li made swveral sweeping movements, flushing the sand out of his comrade's body the same way one would dump sand out of a shoe.

"excellent work, Gaara," she nodded, using the Dai Li's name, "I would have hated to have to replace Ju-Long here... he's done so well."
she nodded at the four of them. "your work here is done. You are dismissed for the time."
The Dai Li nodded and in an instant, slipped underground, leaving no evidence that they had been there. Similarly, no harm had been done to Gysu, Xue, or anyone else in the tavern, including the tavern itself.

"so," she nodded, "now that you are done trying to assault my loyal agents, is there something I can help you with?"
Link:

[OOC--Gaara just happens to be the name of that particular Dai Li Agent. he is just an earthbender like the rest, and has no connection with anyone, real or fictional, with that name--other than the name itself.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Queen's Campaign   The Earth Queen's Campaign - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 7:05 am

Gysu still smiled, in truth he had never expected to fight here. "Heed my warning, the south will soon be a very fun place to be, if you like fighting that is. And as for this 'militarization', history has repeated itself. A new, Fire Lord Ozai came in the form of a woman. Just as Ozai was thrust into war by his predecessor, you have been thrust into the same predicament. You can either follow in his steps and create war, or you can go as a peaceful ruler and cal for peace. The choice is yours." Gysu then turned towards a corner of the room. Once he got there, he decided to take a nap.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Queen's Campaign   The Earth Queen's Campaign - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 10:48 am

Xue had gaped at Gysu when he claimed his treason over her own. She jumped back when the fighting began, sensing the presence of the Dai Li she jumped back near the stairs, between Gysu and Meili. "What are you doing, Gysu!??" She growled at him, Xue was angry now. Angry for him taking the fall for her, for him putting himself in danger, and for him being rash. This was not getting them closer to finding answers, but farther away. How could she get close to Ba Sing Se - to her father, if they were at war with the Queen?

Though none the less, their questions were answered, and Meili's personality was revealed further. Xue, almost falling over with the rumbling of the earth, balanced herself, still rather inebriated. Despite the excitement, she wasn't sobered up by it. Xue showed her teeth, standing up straight, as opposed to crouched when the Dai Li left. If Gysu made an attack on Meili, Xue wasn't sure what she would have to do without revealing herself to be a water bender overtly to stop him.

Instead, when Gysu decided to walk away, Xue had to make a choice - and make it obvious to Meili whose side she was. I'm sorry Gysu, Xue thought with resolve, I can't follow you now.. Dirt and dust and mud was everywhere in this dirty place, and before the Owner could approach them, Xue stepped in front of him, where Gysu was napping.

Lifting her hands, she configured the moisture in the dirt to rise in millions of little beads, like mud rocks. This was to prove she was an earth bender to the Dai Li Queen. She was earth bending on a small scale, but mainly water bending - Xue not knowing she was doing both; she swiped her hand in an angry half circle toward the napping Gysu, a look of calm, fermenting fury on her feminine features. Xue tapped into her true anger in order to do this, for there was no way she could really hurt Gysu, but she wanted to make it look like she could - and would. Millions of sharp little rocks formed small arrows and were shot at high speeds towards him. If he did not move, his skin would be shred to pieces. Nothing would remotely kill him, however.

"Gysu, GET OUT OF HERE!" She yelled at him, in a fury of arrows, knowing he would wake up before the arrows got to him, "I DO NOT want to see you AGAIN! Go back home! When our Queen leaves, I am leaving as well." I'm such a fool, she thought to herself, watching the arrows hone in, thousands of little whistles going off - stone flying like rockets.

There was no going back now.
Level : Master Water Bender
Position : Hermit of Swamp
Condition : Healthy

Back to top Go down
Meili
Superb Member
Meili

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Queen's Campaign   The Earth Queen's Campaign - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 2:01 pm

Meili Mitali Zalika

Meili simply laughed.
"You think you're so wise... you think you're so smart. You tell me things that you think are so secret... when really, you have told me little other than somewhat current events. I am not like Kuei, the 52nd Earth King. I am no figurehead who in unaware of anything outside of my palace. I not only know of the happenings in Ba Sing Se, but in the entire Earth Kingdom. My campaign has also helped. as useful as messengers are, it never hurts for me to see the happenings of my kingdom with my own eyes."

her eyes narrowed upon hearing the remark about Fire Lord Ozai. "no, there is a difference between me and the Fire Lords." she remarked, "Fire Lord Sozin INSTIGATED a war. I building up an army to defend my lands from invaders is your version of starting a war, then aye, I am starting a war. To those that know better, however, I am ensuring that our nation will be able to fend off these attackers."

She laughed again. "Gaoling is conveniently located in the southern reaches of my Kingdom. This front, as well as the Western Front, are the ones that are in impending danger--my scouts from the Air Temples have already sent reports that there are ships moving our way. Trust me, my child--I know where the action is; I know where the war is; and I do not need advice from some rag-tag bounty-hunter on how to run my nation."

the thought of killing him was still on her mind, but she wouldn't do so with Xue in the area. She pushed that thought to the back of her mind to see how Gysu would digest what she had just said. In the meantime, however, she was in for a slight surprise. it seemed that Xue disapproved of what had just happened as well, and the moment she heard her start chewing him out, a mischievous grin spread across Meili's face. She was also closely watching her earthbending as she started attacking him. While it was definitely unorthodox, it could be refined into something greater with a little practice. Meili saw potential. However, she wouldn't say anything until after the fight between the two of them had subsided. if Xue was going to take care of Gysu, that would make things so much easier.
Link:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Queen's Campaign   The Earth Queen's Campaign - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 10:23 pm

In all reality, Gysu wasn't napping. In fact he wanted to see some reactions out of them. Everything would be fine, he had known the old man who ran this place for years. When the arrows came at him, he did not move as his sand armor was still intact. When they hit they merely stuck in the sand and not his flesh. Once all of the arrows had penetrated the sand, he let it fall down around him. "You're still to brash, Xue. Don't worry about me, I'll fall back into being a bard. In the meantime, control your anger. Or else you'll end up just like the queen. Her anger governs her more than a fire bending warlord. If all else fails, look towards the machines." (OOC: Since the new Avatar series is going to be steampunk, this will be steampunk.) Gysu stood up and walked over to her. Once he got there, he decided to do something stupid that would probably cause her to truly hate him. He hugged her and planted a small note on her saying to meet him near The Dragon's Flame in Ba Sing Se once her training was complete, and to keep her eyes closed under the lake and near the flame. After that he walked over to the queen and bowed, "My deepest respects, to your Dai Li agent. When that sand was emptied out of him, it caused some internal bleeding. He will die within a few days." He turned around and simply said "Bye Xue, listen to some epic ballads for me. Oaky?" Then he simply left the building.

Gysu's adventure will be continued in the soon to come, Streets Of Gaoling.
Back to top Go down
Meili
Superb Member
Meili

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Queen's Campaign   The Earth Queen's Campaign - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 10:45 pm

Meili Mitali Zalika

Meili watched the scene unfold with amusement, and wasn't surprised that Xue had not killed Gysu.

"I wouldn't expect her to put any real effort into killing her brother, but that sort of restraint will have to be eliminated from her mind if she has any dreams of joining my ranks. I suppose such a rundown will be given at a more appropriate time, however."

when he spoke to her, Meili just laughed. "I'll keep that in mind, Mr. Fortuneteller." she cooed, "just like your false claims that no Dai Li were in the area, your false accusations against me, and your ultimately foolish attempt at arrogance. Fare thee well... and watch your step. While there are many who impersonate the Dai Li and are easily defeated... a real Dai Li Agent of the 55th Earth Queen... isn't seen quite so easily."
Link:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Queen's Campaign   The Earth Queen's Campaign - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Earth Queen's Campaign
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2