The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Queens of the City [Tamiyo]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Robin
Robin

EXP : 5450
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Queens of the City [Tamiyo] Empty
PostSubject: Queens of the City [Tamiyo]   Queens of the City [Tamiyo] EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 6:06 pm

Robin Miyamoto

Of the handful of crimelords that had risen up in the undercity of Zulera's fine metropolis, Robin was the odd one out--while the other three were all cunning nonbenders, she was a master of both fire and lightning. Furthermore, while they dealt with turf wars and authority over this district or that, Robin's headquarters were in the city's power plant, where she exercised control over the entire power grid in an effective monopoly.  Luckily the reliance on this grid was not entirely essential for everyone, but it certainly made things easier. What mattered most to Robin, however, was that she answered to none but herself, and had many subordinates and lackeys. Her "mob" was far less organized than the other ones, but Robin was a woman of favors. She knew how to control people, and that was, in fine, her goal. Her staggering wealth came through legal and illicit means, which in turn gave her the resources to operate the way she did.

She made a mental note to contact Svenja Shipping about her order from the Tallaricos, but for now it would have to wait. In the meantime she was going to head over and pay a visit to one of her rivals. A fine waterbending gentleman had tipped her off about how there were those who began to doubt the level of control she had, which to her was just not acceptable. Her reach extended far beyond merely the power grid, however.

She knew where Tamiyo's base of operations was (well, one of them at least), but it wasn't like such things could remain a secret for very long anyways. And so, she was here to pay them a visit. She came unarmed save for her usual repertoire, for this was obviously not an attack.
If she was stopped along the way toward Tamiyo herself, she would simply state her name and her business.
"I am Robin Miyamoto, and am here for a business discussion with Ms. Tamiyo Mawas." It was simple as that. the discussion would begin, however, once they made eye contact and got a room away from the rest of this riffraff.
Mood: Cool
Condition: Perfect
Link: Robin

Back to top Go down
Tamiyo
Tamiyo

EXP : 4290

PostSubject: Re: Queens of the City [Tamiyo]   Queens of the City [Tamiyo] EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 5:20 am

Tamiyo Mawas

A hole on the door slid open, revealing a pair of brown eyes to Robin. Almost instantly it was slammed shut again, and the door was opened wide. Behind it was a lithe young man dressed in a black suit, who motioned the woman inside.

”Ms. Mawas has been expecting you, Ms. Miyamoto. If you would please follow me,” he said, motioning for the woman to accompany him. He headed through a side door and into a parlour where there were two heavy armchairs, as well as a large bottle of whisky and two glasses on the table. He motioned for Robin to sit in one of them before stepping back.

”Ms. Mawas will be along shortly – please help yourself to a refreshment.”

He retreated out of the room quickly, leaving Robin alone.

Upstairs in her office, Tamiyo heard a soft buzzing sound. She touched the button on the top of her radio and a voice blared out, telling her of the arrival of Robin. She smiled before clicking her fingers and standing up. This was going to be fun.

Mood: Patient

Back to top Go down
Robin
Robin

PostSubject: Re: Queens of the City [Tamiyo]   Queens of the City [Tamiyo] EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 5:38 am

Robin Miyamoto

Robin did what she needed to do in order to get where she wanted to get, and when she was directed to the chair, she straightened her coat before seating herself, crossing her legs at the knee no less (she *was* wearing trousers after all), and getting comfortable.

She poured herself a glass of whiskey, suspecting that there was nothing done to taint it unless Tamiyo had secretly developed an immunity to Iocane powder--but even then, Robin had already developed an immunity to the stuff, and so that would not even be an option. In the meantime, she would wait fro her hostess to arrive, and then they could conduct business. So... she took a sip of the whiskey to warm up and loosen up a bit.
The game would shortly begin.

Back to top Go down
Tamiyo
Tamiyo

PostSubject: Re: Queens of the City [Tamiyo]   Queens of the City [Tamiyo] EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 5:46 am

Tamiyo Mawas

The blonde walked downstairs slowly towards the parlour, nodding to several of her subordinates as she did so. Once she reached the room, she opened the door and walked in, closing it quietly behind her.

She didn’t say a word as she crossed the room and sat in the other chair, and once she arrived there she looked up at Robin, studying her face. ”Ms. Miyamoto. It is certainly a pleasure to meet you at last. But, pray tell, to what do I owe this meeting? I wouldn’t have expected Zevran to scurry off to you so quickly, but I guess I underestimated the man.”

Back to top Go down
Robin
Robin

PostSubject: Re: Queens of the City [Tamiyo]   Queens of the City [Tamiyo] EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 5:52 am

Robin Miyamoto

Robin's face remained neutral, although one of her hands did idly play with one of her long white ponytails as she relaxed and spoke. she eyed everything about this woman--from the way she walked and sat down to the clothes she wore to the skin she showed to the expression on her face. A second later she raised her eyebrows briefly before smirking.

"I just figured I would be the first one to break the ice," she chortled, "As the newest boss of Zulera City anyways... so I figured I would learn a bit of where my limits and boundaries are in terms of what the others are and are not okay with." she chuckled. "as for Zevran... he's a bit of a strange fellow, although his claims of being good in bed are all true!" she laughed. "he has his uses in other words, I suppose, although all I really got from him was where to find you. Why do you ask? does he know too much already?"
Robin already knew exactly what she wanted from all of this, although she saw no reason to rush anything. She'd take her time and enjoy the moment till she got thrown out or something--though she didn't imagine that happening.

Back to top Go down
Tamiyo
Tamiyo

PostSubject: Re: Queens of the City [Tamiyo]   Queens of the City [Tamiyo] EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 5:58 am

Tamiyo Mawas

Tamiyo smiled sweetly at the other woman. ”Now now, dear Robin, I am not a fool. I already know of your dealings within the City, and I know for a fact that you’re not here in an attempt not to step on any toes. If you are here for information, you won’t get it – if you have any other business then speak it quickly, because I already grow tired of your games.”

”In regards to Zevran, I know exactly how men like that work. Any woman who opens their legs to him will find herself with as much information as she needs. He is nothing but a worm, as I unfortunately had to find out first hand when we met.”

She clicked her fingers and the door opened. The bartender walked in and placed a mojito on the table between them before retreating quickly, closing the door behind him. Tamiyo picked it up and took a sip, eyes still locked on Robin.

Back to top Go down
Robin
Robin

PostSubject: Re: Queens of the City [Tamiyo]   Queens of the City [Tamiyo] EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 6:10 am

Robin Miyamoto

Robin laughed. "oh, no, no no... I am not here for my sake. I am here for yours, my dear." she drummed her fingers on her knee as she spoke. "I make it very obvious when I am going somewhere for information, and then each time, without fail, my target hand-delivers the desired information to me personally. Although... with how you are speaking, it almost seems like you are hoping to make an enemy... Because if you have difficulty even associating with someone you consider a rival... that could be trouble in the future." It was common sense, really.

she gave a rather pleasant laugh as she mentioned Zevran. "oh I'd dare say it's actually the other way around. No... as base and simple as Zevran's methods are... they are clearly effective enough to keep him alive and prosperous. those are... results that are difficult to argue with, as much as my pride hates to admit it."
No... she was not exactly fond of how simple but effective many of Zevran's tricks were. But, Robin was always the type to learn from those around her, and as she learned what made them tick, she became that much more experienced in dealing with them.

Robin took a long shot of the whiskey. "After all... what is a queen to an anarchist?"

Back to top Go down
Tamiyo
Tamiyo

PostSubject: Re: Queens of the City [Tamiyo]   Queens of the City [Tamiyo] EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 6:28 am

Tamiyo Mawas

”You seem to consider yourself most highly, Ms. Miyamoto. I find myself wondering if this confidence is in error, Robin. You are not a rival of mine – you are nothing more than a spanner in the works of a much greater project, and one that I am keen to remove from the machine that runs this city. However, even a spanner, once removed, can be put to work in its rightful place.”

She sipped from her mojito and continued to look at Robin, her face remaining emotionless. The woman was already starting to annoy Tamiyo, but her enterprise could certainly be put to good use if the blonde controlled it. ”Ah, but what is a single anarchist compared to a monarchy? Nothing but an ant in the dust, Robin.”

Back to top Go down
Robin
Robin

PostSubject: Re: Queens of the City [Tamiyo]   Queens of the City [Tamiyo] EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 6:55 am

Robin Miyamoto

Robin paused, steepling her fingers. "Ah, but she who points fingers goes and points three back at herself, my dear."
Robin's cool smile remained, not betraying even an ounce of what her mind was processing. "however, you should leave the commanding to the ones who actually know what they are doing. a child prancing around with a paper crown on his head does not a monarch make... any more than a goddess is willing to bow to a monarchy..."

"She fiddled with her hair again. "the world is full of opportunities to seize upon and command. I will stop at nothing until I am in control of the Fire Lord, the Water Chief, the Air Leader, the Earth Queen, and the Avatar herself. Or..."

she took a dainty sip of her drink again, giggling softly. "perhaps you are merely getting too on edge over what should have just been a normal conversation, yes?" she fluttered her eyelashes innocently. "it is unbecoming of a monarch to get so defensive over something as trivial as an ant in the dust..."
Mood: Devious

Back to top Go down
Tamiyo
Tamiyo

PostSubject: Re: Queens of the City [Tamiyo]   Queens of the City [Tamiyo] EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 8:09 am

Tamiyo Mawas

”You are mistaken again; I am no queen. I am but a humble peasant going about my business, much as you are. The only difference is that I don’t make ridiculous goals that I could never accomplish,” she said with a smile. With another sip of her drink, she leaned back in her chair.

”But still, the question stands – why are you here, Robin? While your company is most certainly welcome, I find myself at a loss to why you are here, other than to drink my liquor and make claims. If this is nothing more than a social call, then you are welcome to stay; but if you have business to speak, do not tarry my dear. Perhaps I have what you need, for the right price.”

Back to top Go down
Robin
Robin

PostSubject: Re: Queens of the City [Tamiyo]   Queens of the City [Tamiyo] EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 10:18 pm

Robin Miyamoto

"Nonsense," Robin giggled, "you're just saying that because it's never been done before... and those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those already doing it... either that or maybe I'm just a compulsive liar. you decide."

"I am here for many reasons." she cooed, "some of which include services already granted to me. I am theoretically fine with this remaining a pleasant conversion between similar-minded fellows, but if you would like to do business, perhaps we could. I admit that it would be easier if you and your cohorts turned a blind eye to my affairs, in return for the same favor... or did you have something else in mind?"
Robin did not have any territory to give up, and her influence on people would be something that would have to be quelled on an individual basis. As for the elements of her power that allowed her to effectively monopolize many aspects of Zulera City... those would not be given up under any circumstances. Robin was more than happy to be a thorn in the side of anyone not willing to pledge their loyalty to her.
Mood: Devious

Back to top Go down
Tamiyo
Tamiyo

PostSubject: Re: Queens of the City [Tamiyo]   Queens of the City [Tamiyo] EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 4:51 am

Tamiyo Mawas

Once again, Tamiyo felt her eyebrow rising of its own accord. ”And how would it benefit me for you to ‘turn a blind eye’ to what I do? I keep no secret of my activities; I keep afloat because I am the best at what I do. I have handled more money in this city alone than most people can even imagine.”

”As for what you can offer me, I can think of little. I have no doubt of your abilities in battle – military backgrounds tend to make people better fighters than most. As for how well that translates into a career in the underworld has yet to be seen – but I certainly have my doubts.”

Back to top Go down
Robin
Robin

PostSubject: Re: Queens of the City [Tamiyo]   Queens of the City [Tamiyo] EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 5:11 am

Robin Miyamoto

"It would benefit you in the same way it would benefit me," Robin hardly skipped a beat, "you would not have me on your back. In fine... you would need to deal with one less enemy. Money means nothing to an all-consuming flame..." she briefly brandished a dark red flame on her hand before curling her fingers and making it disappear.

"Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live. We'll see how useful money-handling is when the mob wars begin... it's only a matter of time after all. Every city's rotten underbelly festers and swells before eventually bursting... and every criminal empire that ever set up shop in Zulera is merely a house of cards that will fall with the force of that frenzy when it comes."
She smirked, putting her forefingers up near the tip of her nose with her thumbs pointed at her throat--almost like a stylized version of steepling one's fingers.

"But it's your choice. They don't call me the Tactician Magician for nothing... and perhaps my magic is just what your house of cards needs to outlast the others.... it's up to you." She hardly expected there to be any kind of bargaining, but if there was someone else getting a delusion that they were in control, it was Robin's obligation to correct it.
Mood: Intimidating

Back to top Go down
Tamiyo
Tamiyo

PostSubject: Re: Queens of the City [Tamiyo]   Queens of the City [Tamiyo] EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 5:21 am

Tamiyo Mawas

”You’d find yourself surprised how much money means to people in this little city, Robin. I have more than enough to make all of my troubles go away if I saw fit – but I enjoy the appearance of a challenge, even if there is little substance behind it. I have no doubt you mean it well, but you seem to misunderstand this city.”

She took another sip of her mojito to hide her smile at Robin’s last words. ”Then maybe the ‘Tactician Magician’ would be better off entertaining at children’s parties, wouldn’t you think? My house is not built of cards, Robin – it’s built on information. And if it comes crumbling down, it’ll take everybody else with it. Not even you will be safe in that regard, Ms. Miyamoto.”

Back to top Go down
Robin
Robin

PostSubject: Re: Queens of the City [Tamiyo]   Queens of the City [Tamiyo] EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 5:40 am

Robin Miyamoto

She procured a piece of paper with relative nonchalance. "and you'll be surprise at how... fragile... that money really is..." she ignited the slip of paper right as she had said it. Information is like a fountain of limitless water--you can bottle it and sell it, pretending it belongs to you, but those who know where the original source is, can get it by bypassing the middleman--all it takes is a little extra work."

She refilled her glass and took another swig. "ahh... but even the grandest library of information can go down in a fiery blaze. If you actually believe that you are the foundation of Zulera City's beating heart... then I am afraid it is you who are mistaken. crime lords are like tyrants--no one really likes them; we merely put up with them until we can dispose of them and replace them with another. Then a few lifestyles change, some people die, and the process starts over with new faces and a few new rules. You need Zulera City... but Zulera City does not need you. When you become aware of that fact, you may one day become as successful as me."
Mood: Intimidating

Back to top Go down
Tamiyo
Tamiyo

PostSubject: Re: Queens of the City [Tamiyo]   Queens of the City [Tamiyo] EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 6:12 am

Tamiyo Mawas

”A tyrant, you say? Oh, I’m not a tyrant. I have no evil plan; I’m simply a businesswoman, acquiring assets. My relationship with the city is give and take, and I intend to keep it that way. Without the people within it, the city would be nothing – surely even you can understand that.”

Tamiyo leaned back in her chair before placing her glass on the table. Her hand moved to the bottle of whisky, her finger gently running down it. ”Shirshu venom is a funny thing, Robin. Blended correctly with alcohol, it has a delayed effect upon the body that can take up to thirty minutes to activate. I’m sure you know what Shirshu venom does to a person who ingests it, am I right? From what I hear, the tingling starts in the fingers before making its way up the arm, straight for the heart… But after that there are no accounts of the effects. Perhaps there is simply nobody to retell them…”

She took her hand back from the bottle and looked up at Robin, her face completely calm. ”You made a mistake coming here today, Robin. I’m afraid your visit has done more harm than you might have thought.”

Back to top Go down
Robin
Robin

PostSubject: Re: Queens of the City [Tamiyo]   Queens of the City [Tamiyo] EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 6:21 am

Robin Miyamoto

"But of course," Robin laughed, "no tryant ever admits to being on. In their own eyes, they are but saintly heroes doing what is best for themselves and claim to be doing so for the people around them. I have heard all the stories... my parents tried getting me to believe them--needless to say, they failed spectacularly."

Robin raised an eyebrow at the mention of Shirshu venom. "You know what else is a funny thing, apart from a well-placed bluff?" she quipped, "lightning. With low voltage and high amperage, it can kill and it can destroy. That is the danger of lightning bolts. However... if you flip it around... raise the voltage; lower the amperage... it does more or less the same thing as Shirshu venom, only better. Fortunately, I am a merciful woman and like to give people the benefit of the doubt that they are unaware of this scientific aspect."

"So..." she yawned, keping up her own nonchalance, "perhaps I should call your bluff right now... or perhaps give you a taste of your own medicine, just to be on the safe side, hmmm?" she batted her eyelashes affectionately.
Mood: Unimpressed

Back to top Go down
Tamiyo
Tamiyo

PostSubject: Re: Queens of the City [Tamiyo]   Queens of the City [Tamiyo] EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 8:56 am

Tamiyo Mawas

The blonde couldn’t help but chuckle as Robin spoke. ”You don’t hide your fear very well, Robin. Maybe you’ve convinced yourself that you’re not afraid, but nobody else has fallen for it. And that, ultimately, is why you will fail in your endeavours.”

She drained her mojito and then replaced the glass upon the table. ”Well, it seems like my drink is finished,” she said, pointing at the glass. ”Which means your time is up. It was a pleasure to meet you, Ms. Miyamoto – do visit again sometime.”

Back to top Go down
Robin
Robin

PostSubject: Re: Queens of the City [Tamiyo]   Queens of the City [Tamiyo] EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 12:35 pm

Robin Miyamoto

Robin laughed. "you claim that I have fear, and yet here I am deep in the heart of the buzzard-wasp nest, with my purpose achieved, no less. I cannot think of any others bold enough to ask for something of their enemies, and then get it hand-delivered."

Robin knew full well whether this was a bluff or not, for she was not leaving empty-handed.
"But..." she stood up, "let it not be said that I am not a benevolent ruler. Thank you for providing me with what I sought."
She already knew her next strategy, and would begin ironing out the details as she went.
"Aye... and tread carefully," she chuckled, bringing her fingers to her eyebrow before flicking her wrist in what almost looked like a salute, as she headed for the door, "it can get really hot around here."
Mood: Unimpressed

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Queens of the City [Tamiyo]   Queens of the City [Tamiyo] Empty

Back to top Go down

Queens of the City [Tamiyo]
Page 1 of 1