The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Earth Queen's Campaign

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Meili
Superb Member
Meili

EXP : 43135
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Earth Queen
Nation: Earth Kingdom

The Earth Queen's Campaign Empty
PostSubject: The Earth Queen's Campaign   The Earth Queen's Campaign EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 3:57 am

[this thread does not take place in any particular part of Gaoling. it takes place in the entirety of the city, as Meili is going about through most of the city. So, it is fully possible for people to run into her if they are in Gaoling.]

Meili Mitali Zalika

The Campaign of the Earth Queen did not end in Ba Sing Se. it was still going strong in that part of the Earth Kingdom as Meili began her journey across the continent to continue spreading favorable propaganda in her own support. Word to start mobilizing military troops had long beaten Meili to the corners of the continent, but Meili also felt like the citizens of her kingdom should have a favorable opinion of their queen, and that most of them should at least get the chance to see her face.

During her southward sweep she would cover Gaoling, Omashu, and any other villages or settlements along the way. the entire Earth Kingdom had to be aware, and she wanted as much support as possible. It was not so much that she feared rebellion; but she wanted this war to be short and coldly efficient: Crush the Water Tribes and the Fire Nation, win the war, live happily ever after. The End. it didn't need to get any bigger than that.

But at the same time, Meili did not want to come off as an evil warlord. AT this point, it was because she was neither of those things, and being honest and friendly with one's people was a good way to gain trust. She was even reportedly seen at least once in the Earth Rumble Arena, where she won a few matches with little or no difficulty. She let the thought of the war take a back burner on her mind as she mingled with the people. She spoke with some about their problems, and resolved to help them fix them--particularly if they were politically related. She and the Dai Li agents and other Earth Kingdom Generals that accompanied her to the farther reaches of the Earth Kingdom were here for morale. Meili did not have any formal guards. Granted, none of her soldiers would hesitate to guard her should she be attacked, but she walked freely without being consistently watched or protected by agents. She was confident that she was more or less one of, if not the, most powerful Earthbender in the world.

Within a couple of days there were posters all over Gaoling. Some had been there a while, but now that Meili had shown her face there, there seemed to be all the more. They depicted Meili's face, a resolute expression blazed upon it, with her rock-gloved hand [pointing directly at the viewer.

"I WANT YOU", the poster said at the top,

"TO SUPPORT THE EARTH KINGDOM"
was how it ended at the bottom. there was smaller writing beneath it, indicating locations of the nearest recruiting offices, the names of a few commanding officers, and the Seal of the Earth Queen in one of the corners to show that this was indeed endorsed by Meili herself. Among the smaller print was a small phrase which explained Meili's tactic and motivation.
"it is better to have an army and not need it,
then to need an army and not have it."

Anyone who thought that this message was unclear was welcome to head to the recruiting station or find the nearest law enforcement official. They would explain what Meili meant, or of course--they could come to Meili herself. She was not hard to find in Gaoling, as she usually attracted a crowd, and at night she naturally stayed in the richer districts. Meili didn't care so much where she stayed, but the people respected their queen, and Meili didn't mind that. However, seldom was she sitting in her room doing nothing. Mos of her time was spent out on the streets interacting with her people, purchasing a few trinkets from local merchants, or visiting restaurants or tea shops, often leaving generous tips in her wake. To run a Tea Shop that served the Earth Queen was quite the honor, and so in Meili's mind, with how much catering and service they focused on her, she had all reason to generously tip a fine performance.

It was late afternoon before Meili took her trip to a tea shop again though. her day had been spent furthering her campaign, participating in a few earthbending fights with some reasonably skilled individuals, and getting a good glimpse of the city. Now it was time to relax over a nice hot cup of Jasmine Tea while she listened to the hubbub around her. As friendly as she was towards the Earth Kingdomers, she was always on the lookout for something suspicious.
Mood: Patriotic
Condition: Healthy
Link:

[NOTE: whether or not this is the same Tea Shop that Xue and Gysu are in, is up to them. Whatever the case, Meili is in the city, and word would get around that she was there.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Queen's Campaign   The Earth Queen's Campaign EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 9:06 pm

Continued from Coming in from the Wilderness:

And her eyes wandered again and she saw her - yes, her. The woman sat on the second floor of the Traveler's Tale, Xue spotting her only for the wildness of her hair. From a distance, that swamp dweller could see a face half covered in a wild, almondy brown mane and a rather distant, but distinct look in her eyes. Though what she was looking at, Xue could not point out - but here she was. Nobody took a lot of notice to her save a few people that gave passing looks, but she was here, in the Traveler's Tale - alone. The strange green light of the lamps bathed her hard, scarred face in emerald light and Xue recognized her instantly.

"Gysu--" she whispered, "I think that's her!" She looked at him, holding out the poster again, wrinkled but unmistakable. "Come on!" She grabbed ahold of his arm and tugged on it as she took off through the denseness of the Tale's crowd, her feet light upon the steps as they walked across, ducking under server trays and people - Xue made her way toward a prospect she could not let up.

Xue had been wrong. There were people that had decided to approach the Earth Queen before them - the tea shop owner to be exact. The man approached the table with Queen Meili's second pot of Jasmine Tea. He was skinny and squinty eyed, with a wide set of yellowed teeth that protruded from his lips, but was none the less tall and authoritative. He took off his tea-sellers cap from his balding head as he stood before her table, placing the delicate tea cup in front of her with a small 'tap' and pouring the hot water for her elegantly.

"Your majesty," he bowed to her, this catching the eye of many bystanders - servers and customers alike. Xue, upon reaching the top of the stairs, with Gysu, stood to the side, near the balcony that overlooked the first floor, waiting for their turn to approach. The young water bender watched fastidiously.

"I hope you are enjoying your stay in Gaoling, and that you find our humble Traveler's Tale to be to your liking," he smiled a wide, hippo-like smile. "Of course no charge for our Queen who has been so kind as to greet the commoners in their own home towns." He was not a man who was nervous, it appeared, continuing to speak, "But I, as well as many of the people of Gaoling are in great want to see what plans you have for the proud Earth Kingdom, especially in our late leader's.. passing."

He looked at her and sighed, decided to toss aside his air of complete politeness and ask her directly what he wanted to know, in very Earth Kingdom like fashion. "King Lei helped the economy of this town substantially. I, as well as many members of the Tea-Makers guild are worried about what is to become of us, as we are highly sponsored by the previous King's interest in our cause. We have shipped teas to every nation in the world, and we do not know what to make of his sudden death." Now he was humble, looking a bit desperately toward his Queen.

Xue had found herself holding her breathe during this conversation. The man had all but asked the Queen if there would be a war, what she was planning and why she was here in Gaoling all in one statement. Xue looked to Gysu and then back to the assumed Queen in wonder.

Level : Master Water Bender
Position : Hermit of Swamp
Condition : Healthy

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Queen's Campaign   The Earth Queen's Campaign EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 9:43 pm

Gysu looked at the poster on the wall. "I WANT YOU TO SUPPORT THE EARTH KINGDOM" He couldn't help but chuckle at it. He knew that this was a font for warring times. His gut stirred in a way that he knew all to well. She was a powerful warrior. He didn't like the feel of her aura. It felt as if she was ruthless, though it appeared that all she wanted was her kingdoms safety. He wanted to see how she would react if he went over to her and told her what he thought. Gysu then made up his mind. He was going to talk to her if she spoke with the owner.
Back to top Go down
Meili
Superb Member
Meili

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Queen's Campaign   The Earth Queen's Campaign EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 11:00 pm

Meili Mitali Zalika

Meili often found herself telling herself "just one more cup", or in the case of some stronger drinks, "just one more shot." when she got really drunk, it became "just one more bottle", but whatever the case, it was clear that her short, muscular form wasn't just adept at handling physical blows. it seemed she could punish her innards equally as hard and still come off okay. It must have been the Earth Kingdom resilience in her.

"I hope you are enjoying your stay in Gaoling, and that you find our humble Traveler's Tale to be to your liking," the owner smiled a wide, hippo-like smile. "Of course no charge for our Queen who has been so kind as to greet the commoners in their own home towns."
"it is the least I can do," she smirked, nodding her approval, "One individual does not the Earth Kingdom make. My efforts would still be fruitless if I did not have the support of so many wonderful people such as yourselves." she was making it a bit more personal by referring to the general citizenry of Gaoling, but in truth, her words could apply to most of the Earth Kingdom.

Then the man changed the subject. She had felt that he had just been trying to warm up to her, but she appreciated the gesture nonetheless.
"King Lei helped the economy of this town substantially. I, as well as many members of the Tea-Makers guild are worried about what is to become of us, as we are highly sponsored by the previous King's interest in our cause. We have shipped teas to every nation in the world, and we do not know what to make of his sudden death." Now he was humble, looking a bit desperately toward his Queen.

Yep, it had been a warm-up. No denying it now. whatever the case, he had questions, for which Meili had answers. She was not about to explain the story behind King Lei's death, because she knew much more about it than she ever let on. She had no intention of changing that.

"I do not think any of us knew what to make of that sudden death." Meili sighed, "if you had asked me prior to that event, I would have never expected that I would be on the throne of the Earth Kingdom. But, now that I am here, I am continuing with many of the old ways."

She paused, as if for effect, and for the people around her. Her voice was low-pitched, but she was not trying to be discreet about what she was saying. She wanted everyone to hear it, but she didn't want to yell.

"I assure you," she smiled at him, "that any goods and services that brought in more money than they cost to maintain, will continue to receive my support. There is no reason for me to discontinue economical support of activities that promote our kingdom's economy. So, rest assured that you will continue to receive my support, provided that the loyalty to the Earth Kingdom remains. This is my purpose here."

She looked around again, to see just how many people were paying attention. She did not want this to be too formal, but she also knew that people came to her with lots of questions, many of which were the same, and a lot of them were related. She hoped to clear most of those up.

"I do not wish to bring this nation to war." she explained, "but if the other nations feel the need to attack us for any reason, my foremost priority will be to make them consider their attack to be among the worst blunders their leaders have ever made. It is for this reason that I am garnering support. I do not wish to build an army to destroy the rest of the world. I only wish to have lines of defense against potential invaders. I believe that it is far better to have a military and not need it, than to need a military and not have it.

Thus, ideally, there will not be war. If war is waged on this continent, it will be the fault and doings of either the Water Tribes, the Fire Nation, or both. I do not wish to provoke them any further than what Lei had done, but I cannot let them sate their lust for revenge by ravaging through our cities and towns."

She took a long sip of tea and took a deep breath.
"I admit that such remarks are still a bit vague, and so if anyone has any questions regarding what I have said here, or at any of my earlier speeches in the city plazas, please step forward and make them known to me, so I can hopefully answer them."

She was brutally honest in this case, and was not trying to make an operation behind the backs of her people. They were the backbone of her main operation, which was building defenses. To lie to them would compromise their loyalty, and with their loyalty compromised, it was flirting with disaster. Meili decided to steer far clear of that path, and hopefully would remain at such a safe distance from it.
Mood: Clever
Link:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Queen's Campaign   The Earth Queen's Campaign EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 11:56 pm

Gysu smiled and looked at Xue. "Well, there's your answer about the war." Gysu then began to walk forward. Once he reached the Earth Queen, he realized that the might be making a huge mistake, and that he might put himself and Xue at risk. "Excuse me, your majesty. I am a bounty hunter, my name is not that quite important. Recently there has been a lack of bounties around this area, and I was wondering. Why? Beyond that, I highly doubt that I could be of use towards your army at all. As a bounty hunter, my first and only objection is my safety, and the second thing that I care about is the reward at the end. That and the fact that my earthbending is to different from others, that it might cause chaos and confusion on the field of battle." Gysu then looked upon his queen with a look of pure interest. What will she answer, will he be attacked later? He hadn't forgotten about her Dai Li agents. He knew that they were probably watching them right now.
Back to top Go down
Meili
Superb Member
Meili

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Queen's Campaign   The Earth Queen's Campaign EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 1:30 am

Meili Mitali Zalika

Meili was approached by a very tall earth kingdom man. or at least, compared to Meili, who was just over 5 feet tall, he was tall. He probably had at least a foot of height on her, but as short as Meili was, she was still an imposing figure. under her loose pants and jacket, she was stocky and muscular. her fists did not lie either when it came to showing off her strength.

She stood up to compare their heights, and she was right, but also, to give this man her full attention. he touched on enough interesting topics that she wanted him to know that he had her listening attentively for the time being. She was also just as short as she had suspected. her head didn't even come quite up to his shoulders.

Excuse me, your majesty. I am a bounty hunter, my name is not that quite important. Recently there has been a lack of bounties around this area, and I was wondering. Why? Beyond that, I highly doubt that I could be of use towards your army at all. As a bounty hunter, my first and only objection is my safety, and the second thing that I care about is the reward at the end. That and the fact that my earthbending is to different from others, that it might cause chaos and confusion on the field of battle.

He said a lot, and Meili had answers for each and every question.
"I believe quite the contrary." was her first remark, "your name is very important to me. People like you, I wish to know on a more personal basis."
She said it not with a tone of seduction in her voice, but almost as if she was plotting something. but, one's tone could not tell her entire story, and so to accuse Meili of conspiracy this early would lead nowhere. It wasn't even to say that she *WAS* conspiring at all.

"As for the lack of bounties... I suppose it just means that the assassin business has gone more underground. Targets and bounties usually consist of either good people wishing to exterminate the corrupt, or corrupt people wishing to elbow their way into the system with elaborate setups and then subtle eliminations of the people that stand in their way. To see a lack of such intrigue means that there is more peace than I thought, but unfortunately, it also presents the possibility that it is simply more discreet."
And one point led right into the other. "However," she continued, "to say that you would be of no use to me or to the Earth Kingdom is more or less denying your talents, keeping them away from supporting your country. But, to say that battle is simply the mindless raging of soldiers on both sides would be a folly. there is far more planning that goes into that, and not every second the enemies spend on our soil is time spent in combat. I reckon that bounty hunters from both sides will start aiming for important figures on both sides when this picks up. So... if you want your bounties, they will be there. I assure you."

"But," she continued, "it is as I said. there will be no war unless one or more of the other nations wish to try and challenge us--where they will inevitably fail, and will suffer pain, misery, agony, and death... all of it self-inflicted by their foul decision to try and ravage our lands."
Meili's voice has a certain powerful tone to it as well. She sounded like a woman who feared nothing, and was not afraid to do whatever it took to keep her nation safe.
Mood: Devious
Link:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Queen's Campaign   The Earth Queen's Campaign EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 7:10 am

Gysu smiled at her, "You have answered all of my questions, and a few others. I will now give you my name. It is Gysu Lee Frike. My earthbending is based off of waterbending techniques. While being skilled in traditional earthbending styles, my style is so different that none have ever expected it. I will be going right now." Gysu then turned and left. Upon reaching Xue he told her that it was time to go, then he stayed put waiting for her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Queen's Campaign   The Earth Queen's Campaign EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 12:39 pm

Xue's hard face did not give way to the fear she felt bubbling beneath the surface. It was a kind of collapsing feeling as she watched the Tea Shop Owner bow away and leave, content and relieved of the Queen's answer. She was a well spoken woman, obviously, and taking in her stature, scars and tone - she was easily someone in the military prior to her reign. A well seasoned Dai Li at that.

Her mind was grasping at strings, trying to reach for something that would seize this opportunity. Xue did not trust the Earth Kingdom, nor was she confident in the nature of the swamp tree. The master water bender was prone to random visions, random and incoherent to their purpose, and Xue had learned not to rely on them. The first vision she had.. she had been locked up in the Northern Water Tribe.. still unsure why.

Gysu's conversation was still more disturbing. Xue's intelligent gaze drank in the Queen's answer, catching the subtle cynicism disguised behind every syllable of "Water Tribe", "Fire" and "Other Nations".

suffer pain, misery, agony, and death...

Xue was not convinced and her fear totally realized, holding her bag a little tighter now. ..But what can I do? She did not know, but a sudden impulse commanded her and she found herself setting aside her bag of apples and supplies and walking toward the Queen. Gysu was walking back to her and she did not meet his gaze. I will need him if this is going to work..for I am no Earth Bender..

People were approaching the Queen's table, but Xue was not one to be pushed aside. The Queen and herself were similar, if only in that small detail - and Xue's small muscular stature split the crowd by moving in, fast and like a stream. Her own emerald gaze burning with what it would seem to be - nationalism.

In a crowd of tall Earth Kingdom dwellers, a short cropped-haired girl emerged to the front, wearing rags. Her finger nails were chipped and had dirt beneath them, and her exposed skin of her shoulders, face and arms had the smallest layer of swamp grim on them. Within the smell of leaves and wet moss, was a girl set upon speaking the Queen, and she did so.

"Queen of our Kingdom," she began, peering at her, Meili's brilliant green eyes meeting Xue's own. Xue meant to catch her attention with such a title and attitude, so that she might be the one to speak first. Many bystanders were quieted, only noticing Xue just then - "The people of Gaoling are hard and mountainous, like my brother whom you just met," Xue's voice was quiet, and not commanding. Her voice only displaying Xue as being more than just a swamp dweller, but a well spoken citizen, "I, Xue Frike of the Swamps, however, would like to be more than just a civilian supporter of our new Queen. Lei has led us to you, your majesty, and I have not seen this kind of strength since the building of the wall in Ba Sing Se." Meaning - not in this life time.

Xue bowed then, closing her eyes. The words poured from her like water, though her uncivilized attitude she wore well, like armor. Xue knew better than to speak to higher ups this way, but also wondered if the Queen would accept her hard attitude, in hopes of building a kind of mutual respect. Xue was hard and direct just as the Queen of the Earth Kingdom was - this similarity she noticed all too quickly.

"I may not seem like much," Xue spoke, still bowed, hands together in front of her, "but I am a bender much like my brother. I have honed my skills in the Swamps, and have come here in hopes of joining you. I will go where it is asked of me, but know this - I want to do the most I can. I want to be your Dai Li, your majesty." And she paused, forcing herself to breathe, but did not raise her head.

Xue, like a tree or a rock, did not move - finding her resolve in her bow. She waited.

Back to top Go down
Meili
Superb Member
Meili

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Queen's Campaign   The Earth Queen's Campaign EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 6:08 pm

Meili Mitali Zalika

Meili watched the bounty hunter turn and leave, and noticed that he stopped next to a younger girl. She was about to approach them and ask Gysu who this was, but the girl started making her way towards Meili. She wanted to sate her own curiosity, so her eyes remained focused on this approaching woman. She could only see her for a moment, as her short stature made her vision lost in the sea of much taller people.

However, the young woman also spoke over the crowds, which kept Meili's attention locked on her. it made things easier.

"Queen of our Kingdom," she began, peering at her, Meili's brilliant green eyes meeting Xue's own. Xue meant to catch her attention with such a title and attitude, so that she might be the one to speak first. Many bystanders were quieted, only noticing Xue just then - "The people of Gaoling are hard and mountainous, like my brother whom you just met," Xue's voice was quiet, and not commanding. Her voice only displaying Xue as being more than just a swamp dweller, but a well spoken citizen, "I, Xue Frike of the Swamps, however, would like to be more than just a civilian supporter of our new Queen. Lei has led us to you, your majesty, and I have not seen this kind of strength since the building of the wall in Ba Sing Se."
"I may not seem like much," Xue spoke, still bowed, hands together in front of her, "but I am a bender much like my brother. I have honed my skills in the Swamps, and have come here in hopes of joining you. I will go where it is asked of me, but know this - I want to do the most I can. I want to be your Dai Li, your majesty."

Meili looked up at this girl, her eyes darting across her figure. There was something in her that Meili saw in herself. There was some slight form of resemblance. the eyes, perhaps? maybe their hair? she would guess their physique, but even this young lady was several inches taller than Meili was.

"King Lei Compromised the safety of our nation by attacking. While I know that his intentions were likely intended to favor the Earth Kingdom, I am aware that they had negative results in other regions. I wish to uphold this country's strength and keep the citizens safe at all costs. Thus, I thank you for your support and your loyalty. However, I am inclined to ask something."

she paused for a moment. "You said you were from the swamps, aye? I assume that if you are brothers with Gysu, that you too would be an earthbender, but to hear of interracial families in this day and age is not a rarity. Obviously as you probably know, to be a Dai Li requires proficiency and expertise in earthbending, for many reasons, and so provided you meet that criteria, I would be honored to have you in our ranks."

She looked up at some of the others, particularly that really tall bounty hunter that had spoken with her a few moments ago. Then she turned her focus back to Xue.
"Oh, I apologize for my rudeness. I did not give my name; and too many people simply refer to me as "Queen". I am Meili Mitali Zalika, eldest daughter of Sizoko and Kozue Zalika. I..." she smirked, "I like your attitude. To shed the formal dilly-dallying and to cut straight to your point, and coming straight to me about it. Know that, and know that I can see a great amount of potential in you. Was there anything else you wished to ask of me?"
Mood: Devious
Link:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Queen's Campaign   The Earth Queen's Campaign EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 4:14 am

Gysu couldn't beleive his ears. He had no time to worry about whatever hairbrained scheme Xue had, all he needed to worry about were the Dai Li that were probably postioned all around the Traveler's Tale. He watched while making no signs of being cautious or thoughtful. Then he had an ideal. He knew that whenever someone pulled out a bottle of Sake here at the Traveler's Tale, then a drinking competition would ensue. Gysu then walked over to where Xue still bowed. "Xue, I cannot allow this, Dad made me swear to protect you. However, if you can beat me in a drinking compertition I will realize that you are enough of an adult to handle this." Gysu then pulled out his Sake and challenged everyone in the Traveler's Tale to the challenge. The owner smiled and went in the back to bring out the alcohal.
Back to top Go down
Meili
Superb Member
Meili

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Queen's Campaign   The Earth Queen's Campaign EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Meili Mitali Zalika

while Meili waited for Xue's answer, however, the other young man who she now assumed was some sort of bodyguard, stepped up again. Of all things for him to do, he proposed a drinking game for everyone in the tavern. This perked Meili's interest.

"And what's in it for the winner?" she asked, "because I'm all in."
according to an old rumor or something, larger people could handle alcohol better. Similarly, it was said that men handled it better than women. Meili broke both of these rules, and despite her no-nonsense, 'win-by-any-means-necessary' attitude, Meili was actually quite the happy drunk.

"Drinks are on me, kiddos," she called around to the tavern, despite the possibility that there were a handful of people older than her. It was just one of her general ways of addressing people. Incidentally, she had made that announcement right when the tavern owner returned. He certainly liked the thought of not losing so much profit to this game.

Meili then turned to Gysu. "You started it; name your rules and terms." she nodded approvingly. She also waited a few moments to see if Xue had anything to say about all of this.
Mood: Ready for Action
Condition: About to get Inebriated
Link:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Queen's Campaign   The Earth Queen's Campaign EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 3:16 pm

Perfect, the queen fell for the whole sharade. "The rules are simple, We all go around drinking the same amount that the first person drank. If the first person loses by being unable to drink, the second person will have to lead on the amount to drink for the next round. Since I challenged I shall go first, then her majasty, then Xue, and so on and so forth." After everyone got in a circle, Gysu ordered a small barrel of mead and lifted it to his lips. After about three minutes, he had downed the whole barrel. "Come on, it's your turn, your majesty." Gysu had barely wet his lips in comparrison to what he usually drank. He waited for the queen's reaction to that barrel.
Back to top Go down
Meili
Superb Member
Meili

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Queen's Campaign   The Earth Queen's Campaign EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 7:20 pm

Meili Mitali Zalika

Meili watched Gysu down the small barrel, but her face remained stoic, and moreso, unimpressed. She nodded, and then slapped a few coins in front of the owner.

"get me a bigger barrel." she ordered, "There are more reasons than one why I am Queen."
he returned a little later with a larger barrel of mead. it was not terribly larger than the first one, but it was larger enough for the size difference to be noticeable.

She shouldered it effortlessly and began draining it into her mouth. about 4 minutes after she started, she had drained it, ending her run with a loud belch to show her appreciation.

"We're allowed to up the ante as we please, right?" she asked, realizing she had not thought of it before. She'd let the other thoughts on her mind pass for the moment. right now it was about winning.

Condition: About to get Inebriated
Link:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Queen's Campaign   The Earth Queen's Campaign EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 9:34 pm

"Sure, although it doesn't allow for accurate count of how much we drank." Gysu looked at her with complete disinterest. He knew that someone would win, and he didn't care who. So long as the queen got drunk enough to spill some beans, and possibly black out. After everything, Gysu had realized that the Dai Li were working as assassins for her majesty, all the while they were getting rid of the bounties that he desperately needed. Although all of this was a theory to him, he still needed to either approve or disapprove this theory. Up until now he ad no way of getting the information. The Queen would get drunk enough soon, all he had to do was be patient.
Back to top Go down
Meili
Superb Member
Meili

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Queen's Campaign   The Earth Queen's Campaign EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 10:24 pm

Meili Mitali Zalika

"very well," she nodded in reply. "let's let the others have their turn."

She waited. She wasn't anywhere near being drunk yet, but she figured that she might need a bathroom break before the night was over--or before the contest was over for that matter. whatever the case, that would be for later. She wanted to see some men and women wimp out over this contest.

Like any good earthbender, however, Meili was patient. She also knew a bit about where to draw her lines, and as important as winning was to her, winning a drinking game was trivial in compared the the victory she had on her mind--victory over the Water Tribes and Fire Nation. She had also said some interesting things while drunk, and had even made some of her best decisions in that condition. whatever the case, that was still far enough off that it wasn't on her mind. for now she would play the waiting game.
Condition: Only the Slightest Bit Tipsy
Link:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Queen's Campaign   The Earth Queen's Campaign EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 11:11 pm

OOC: Apologies for delay. I just started school this semester and got a new job on Monday. Yay!

Xue was only thankful that she did not break a sweat - never having to quite lie so well in her life. Xue had been quite the manipulator of her water bending masters, and her authoritarians before, but never on quite the life-or-death basis, or to a Queen. "Meili Mitali Zalika, daughter of Sizoko and Kozue Zalika," she raised her head then, smirking subtly back. "Huanghou befits you, my queen." The term meant "mother queen," as said by the swamp people. Xue knew her culture.

It was when Gysu decided to side swipe her. If Xue could, her jaw would have dropped as she watched her new stranger approach. Instead, she gave him an intense and disquieting look as he decided to help or hurt her or whatever he was thinking. She could not read his rock-like features, nor did she let any particular emotion falter her own. "Brother, do you really find this necessary? Father will certainly be happy to see me supporting our Kingdom.."

Xue trailed off as she saw the first keg drank, the rules made and all ready she was knee deep in trouble. Xue had never drank before, nor did she ever want to. The ambassador's daughter knew what inebriation did to people's livers, their focus and their ability to walk. Gysu, what are you doing?? Earth people were so..stubborn.

If Xue was nervous before, it did not compare to now. Her facial features were stern and untouchable however, as she simply stared at Gysu with the intention of a thousand knives. And then the next keg came and then the second was given to the Queen. Her eyes grappled for any sign of drunkeness, any falter, any slur in the Queen's composure, and Xue was disheartened to see none.

My father was a good drinker, I hope my mother was as well.. - Xue decided her resolve, refusing to be afraid. As much as she hated polluting her system, let alone being manipulated into it, she saw no other way out and said defiantly, "Fine. If I must."

She called for the next keg. Not pushing her luck, she picked the same as her predessesor, in this case - the medium mead keg. Mead she had known to be fermented honey, supposedly sweet, according to her father. Where they got mead in the southern Earth Kingdom, she did not know, but did not question it. Taking a deep breathe out, she gave one last glare to her "brother" before lifting the keg herself, bare feet firmly implanted on the floor. Exposed muscles and arms flexing, with a little help from the keg-bearer, she was able to tilt the keg, all ready popping the cork she proceeded to down the contents. From the moment it hit her stomach she felt like she was going to throw up. No, it was not sweet in the remotest.

Closing her eyes tightly, afraid that she might get dizzy before she finished, she forced herself to imagine water - the purest water from the Northern Water Tribe, instead of the bile-tasting liquid she was consuming now. Before she knew it, the last drop touched her lips; It taking her a few seconds to notice. Putting down the keg, she opened her eyes, instantly regretting it. For an instant, Xue felt all 128 pounds of her being, and the world did a flip, her stomach coming up to her throat.

With complete concentration she was able to steady herself, shaking mildly. Don't throw up.. don't throw up.. don't throw up.." and then something marvelous happened, the world was steady once more, and felt her dizziness pass.

The air in the Traveler's Tale was strangely drier than before. Subconsciously she bent the moisture in the air, and absorbed it into her body, thus rehydrating her. Cheeks blushed, and slightly tilted to one side, Xue looked at the Queen and then at Gysu. "..Again?" she asked, raising an eyebrow in good competitive spirit. To be honest, she wasn't sure why she was still alive, but she was bent on keeping her head above water.

Back to top Go down
Meili
Superb Member
Meili

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Queen's Campaign   The Earth Queen's Campaign EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 12:26 pm

Meili Mitali Zalika

Meili noticed Xue's initial hesitation, but did not react to it. Instead, she watched, and waited for her next turn.
"almost a shame," she mused, "here I was expecting her to argue in the same bold manner with which she had approached me. whatever though... maybe she was as up for it as anyone else."

whatever the case, she stood and waited for the rest to go around. some were eliminated, others held their ground, and sooner or later, it was Gysu's turn again. She was curious to see if he would drink something more, or if he would stick with his original amount. This would certainly be an interesting game to be conscious for to the very end.

Incidentally, Meili's high tolerance for drinking had come from games like this before, and so she knew the secrets, and knew a handful of reasons why people wanted to instigate a drinking game with a powerful Dai Li agent. Perhaps there was a more prestigious thought attached to it now that she was queen, but at the same time, Meili had an impression that this was not the tall earthbender's objective. Regardless, this was little more but a theory at this point, and it had no proof. time would tell.

Mood: Ambitious
Link:

Last edited by Meili on Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Queen's Campaign   The Earth Queen's Campaign EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 2:50 pm

Gysu gave a wicked looking smile as he shouted "BRING ME THE BIGGEST KEG THERE IS!" Gysu had done this before, people who saw him drink knew he could drink more than a platypusbear. That and the fact that the only thing he had for last couple of days was that small cup of tea, Gysu could drink so much more than twenty of the larger kegs. He wanted to see how everyone was doing, he looked over and saw Xue. That girl would probably be one of the last ones standing. Once the keg came, he lifted it up and drank it even faster than his first one. He looked at the queen and smiled a mile that would scare off most people.
Back to top Go down
Meili
Superb Member
Meili

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Queen's Campaign   The Earth Queen's Campaign EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 1:15 am

Meili Mitali Zalika

"You're not scaring anyone, boy." Meili laughed, "if you wish to see your queen drunk, you'll be under the table before that happens."

She got a keg of equal size, and chugged it. Other than a loud belch at the end, she seemed quite content with what she had just done, and if it was affecting her, she was hiding it well.

Meili's whole family was one of heavy drinkers. She was just another in the batch, and she handled it better than most other people she knew. She almost felt sorry for some of the others though. not all of them were blessed with the same gift that she was blessed with.

Mood: Conspiring
Link:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Queen's Campaign   The Earth Queen's Campaign EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 10:39 am

Xue's face was blank, her mouth a long straight line as she watched the next round go - and seeing their fellow patrons drop off like flies. Nobody could drink a large keg on their own save the three that were remaining. "...", peering at her newly acquainted stranger, trying to figure what he was thinking. The Queen was not miffed in the least, as far as she could tell. In her own body, however, she could feel the alcohol levels clash with the water content in her own blood. This was fine now, but how much longer?

Gysu was a hard one to read, but she did not know what he was planning. Information, perhaps? Or just to steer Xue herself off course? Whether to trust him or not, Xue the Swamp Dweller was not sure. However, they were all playing the game, and Xue could not back down in front of the Queen now. Xue off handedly wondered if these two were angry or happy drunks.

"Three of the larger kegs, please," Xue spoke to the keg bearer who was now stepping over collapsed bodies, "Actually five. Make it quick. I want to get to the registry in the morning." And she watched them roll out the kegs, wondering how many were left in the Traveler's Tale. Again, she lifted the keg and drank, no longer able to taste the mead anymore. Next one came and she felt her feet feel rather light, her finger tips going numb, and the air inexplicably drier now than it had been before. It didn't seem that there was enough moisture in the air to keep her completely sober now, and this was a problem..

Keg three came and went and then keg four, Xue lifted it to her lips and closed her eyes. The lack of feeling in her hands made it difficult to feel how much mead was actually in the barrel, Xue wondering if there was a possible better outcome to this. She could taste the honey now.. the yeast and the water that made up most of the contents anyway. Xue wondered if she could do it, an idea formulating, though her brain ability to think now was slowly draining.. Xue kept her wits about her until keg five, which she finished in a time she could not calculate.

I can't lessen the fermentation.. but maybe I could ferment it more..

Her vision was slightly off kilter now, but nothing noticeable superficially. Xue stood steadily, but if she turned her head too quickly, she had a feeling she might fall of her seat. Composed, she watched as the next barrels were rolling out and Xue was wiping her mouth with the back of her hand, happy she had enough dignity to keep the mead from running down her chin.

Subtly using her hand as she wiped her chin with the back of her arm, she began to heat the water in the row of kegs. How she could do this, Xue attributed to her water bending, though she was the only water bender that she had ever known to heat water. I won't heat the first six or so, so it doesn't effect Gysu...the rest will have to be for the Queen. It was a guessing game, Xue unsure of how much Gysu would drink. The alcohol content was now doubled within the Mead, making it probably taste awful.

She put her hand on her lap, instantly cooling the water - as to not be suspected. Xue placed her chin on her fist, waiting boredly for the next round, "This only proves alcohol tolerance, not volition," Xue said offhandedly, more to Gysu. "Do the Dai Li do anything like this in the military, Lady Huanghou?" She asked Meili, conversationally.

Last edited by Xue Xui on Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Queen's Campaign   The Earth Queen's Campaign EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 3:02 pm

Gysu looked over at Xue and wondered how she could drink so much. "Ha, I'll beat that last round. SIX MORE KEGS!!!!" Gysu wondered how much longer it would take the queen to finally get drunk enough to black out and tell him what he needed to know. Once the kegs got to him, Gysu created a funnel out of earth and simultaneously poured all of the kegs into it at once, also by use of his earth bending. Once he had gotten all of them down, he began to wonder when he would be able to leave. Gysu then decided to do a dirty trick, he used his earth bending to rapidly increase how much the mead was aged. Therefore, increasing the alcohol content in the next couple of kegs. Gysu then awaited the for the queen to drink the barrels.
Back to top Go down
Meili
Superb Member
Meili

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Queen's Campaign   The Earth Queen's Campaign EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 5:58 pm

Meili Mitali Zalika

Meili decided to handle the next few drinks of hers a bit slower.It was not that she was afraid of getting wasted, but rather, it was tasty, and she didn't want to shove it all down her throat at one time.

"I see no reason to rush it." She explained, "unless one of you has an important date with the Earth Queen or something."
She downed a keg with no difficulty. As she readied the next one, a series of thoughts came to her head. She changed her approach.

"you know..." she started off, "I was once commissioned to relieve the previous leader of the Dai Li from his post. We knew that he would not go without a fight, and so I took the matters into my own hands. As one of his underlings, I invited him out for the night. I set it all up. We were going to drink till we dropped."

she took another large swig, belched, and the continued.
"I had it rigged, so he would get stronger booze than I would. So... before we became too drunk to even remember our names; or to remember to keep our clothes on, I started taking advantage of his drunkenness. I learned his secrets--how he ran things... and most importantly, how to take him down.

When all was said and done, I had removed him from his position without any bloodshed. he's probably still out wandering in the desert where we left him; that or the buzzard-wasps got him."

She paused, and turned to Xue. "so to answer your question, normally such things do not happen, but there are rare occasions, such as the one I just mentioned, where it does. Usually though, it spells trouble."
With this, she turned to the earthbender.
Being royalty gave her the money and ability to connoisseur many types of beverages, among many other things, Meili could tell when someone had spiked her drink, and those last barrels tasted an awful lot stronger than her first ones. It was not to say that Meili was paranoid that someone was going to try and take her down from the inside, but she was careful, particularly against strategies that she had used to topple others.

"And on the note of drinking games among the Dai Li spelling trouble," she warned, glaring at Gysu, "I feel that this time is no different, and that our little friend here wants something from me."

She put her rock-gloved hands together, and waited for his response.
Mood: Genius
Condition: Tipsy
Link:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Queen's Campaign   The Earth Queen's Campaign EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 7:38 pm

"I figured that wouldn't work," Gysu replied. "My plan was simple, get you drunk so you would black out and not remember any of the questions I was going to ask you. Though now there is no point in asking them since you caught on." Gysu smiled a little fervently, he was hoping it wouldn't come to him making a quick escape. He knew that he was probably going to have to grab Xue and make a run for it. "My queen," Gysu said the last part extremely sarcasticly, "This whole sharade was rather, enjoyable. But you still havn't answered my sisters question. Can she join with the Dai Li? And to answer your question, we both shared the same father, but not the same mothers." Gysu was hoping that this lie would work, he showed no emotion other than what would appear to be concern towards one family. He awaited her response.
Back to top Go down
Meili
Superb Member
Meili

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Queen's Campaign   The Earth Queen's Campaign EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 7:56 pm

Meili Mitali Zalika

Meili's eyes narrowed.
"can why can you not ask them to me now?" she asked. "choose your words carefully--the Earth Queen never travels alone."

Personally, Meili just wanted this S.O.B. dead. But, she did have an interest in Xue, and she knew that killing her brother wouldn't exactly make her stay on Meili's side, so it would have to wait.

"As for her question, I could not answer it until another of mine was answered. While I am aware that she comes from an Earth Kingdom family it would seem, She did not inform me whether or not she was an earthbender. If she is, then there is a great chance that I will enlist her if that is her desire. If she is not an earthbender, then I unfortunately will have to deny her that desire. While it is no personal vendetta against the other elements, the Dai Li have certain functions that can only be done through earthbending, hence its necessity."

Meili would definitely need an evaluation of Xue's skills, because she was certainly not going to just round her up into the ranks. She would go through the same process they all did, and would advance based on her abilities. Now once again, she would play the waiting game for an answer.
Mood: Dangerous
Condition: Tipsy
Link:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Queen's Campaign   The Earth Queen's Campaign EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 8:12 pm

"Tsk tsk, you are so impatient, that murderous vibe going on around you tells me that you want me dead. I don't blame you, especially with that bounty offer I got on your head a while back ago. It was big money, he said he would triple the pay if I could have brought your head to him. Fortunately I declined his offer, though it still stands. And as for my questions, they were nothing that would be dangerous if they got into anyone's hands. It would simply be information. A while back, I was bringing in my first bounty. He was a bandit chief that had been terrorizing my village. While bringing him back to they jail area to receive pay, two Dai Li agents came up to me and told me to give them the guy. Apparently, they had been ordered to kill him and anyone who stood in their way. This, of course, pissed me off. That bounty was the only thing I could bring in order to help feed Xue and her mother. When I refused they attacked. I defended myself and when they had shown that they weren't going to show mercy to a teen, I killed them. Over the years, similar occurrences have happened. My question was to whether you were using them as your personal assassins, or if they were taking orders from someone else." Gysu could practicably see the murder in her soul. He wondered if that story from his past would change anything about her intent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Earth Queen's Campaign   The Earth Queen's Campaign Empty

Back to top Go down

The Earth Queen's Campaign
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next