The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Welcome to the Earth Kingdom [open]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Arata
Arata

EXP : 100

Character Description
Position: Novice Waterbender
Nation: Water Tribes

Welcome to the Earth Kingdom [open] Empty
PostSubject: Welcome to the Earth Kingdom [open]   Welcome to the Earth Kingdom [open] EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 10:11 pm

Arata Tanaka

A pair of squirrel gulls swooped and chattered as Arata watched the pier draw nearer. This would be his first stop since leaving the Northern Water Tribe, and the excitement was unbelievable. He was used to the icey structures of the North Pole, and the wood and earth buildings along the docks looked exotic.
When the ship had docked, Arata approached the captain
"Excuse me captain Duraka, do you know if any of these ships are going to the Southern Tribe?"
"Haha," laughed the captain, "Slow down lad. We haven't even tied up yet. I'll tell you what, you get out of here and let me and my men finish up, and i'll ask the other traders. Come back tomorrow and I should have something for you, there's usually someone heading that way for furs."
Arata thanked the captain for his help and passage, paid the last of what he owed for the trip and jumped onto the dock.
Everything was looking good, he had reached the halfway point and, with luck, tomorrow would be leaving for the south pole to find a master. For now though, he could take a look around.
For awhile Arata wandered up and down the waterfront and browsed the merchant stalls. The variety of goods being sold was truly astounding: a stall selling some of the fanciest knives Arata had ever seen butted up against another selling heavenly smelling pastries, another sold trinkets of all sizes next to another selling nothing but cabbages. Unfortunately, the trip here and taken more money than he had hoped and he still had to find someone to take him the rest of the way. He settled for one of the pastries, a nice change from the food at sea, and settled down on some crates to eat and take in the sights.

Mood:Hopeful
Condition:Fine

Back to top Go down
SyoLoKe
SyoLoKe

EXP : 75

Character Description
Position: Explorer
Nation: Fire Nation

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Earth Kingdom [open]   Welcome to the Earth Kingdom [open] EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 7:33 pm

Upon finally seeing the signs of a town, Syo gently nudged Beatrix with his knees. She peered down, and slowly began to descend. They landed about a quarter mile outside of what Syo now could see was a bustling, if somewhat shady port town.

Securing his money pouch inside of his tunic, Syo dismounted from Bea as she folded her gossamer wings under their protective outer shell. Together, they set off to the town, in search of food, and perhaps some adventure.

The scarab-hippo and the young firebender made quite a spectacle amongst the stalls and shops. Any shopkeepers taking offense at Beatrix's bumping into their stalls were treated to a roar and spectacular display of her four huge teeth. Sneaky fingers tried to separate Syo's fans from their place at his hips. However, Syo was extremely protective of his two prized weapons and sensing the hands near his own, he swiftly grabbed the fan, and snapped it open perilously close to the would-be-thief's head. The quick action sheared some hairs clean off the youth's head. After not feeling any other attempts on his valuables, Syo assumed that word had quickly spread amongst the underground crew here.

Eventually, he and Beatrix felt comfortable enough in the market to amble along heedlessly, gaping at the wares available. This confidence led to him walking straight into a set of crates, and knocking himself and the young water-tribe boy seated on them to the ground with a loud "oof" from Syo as Beatrix huffed in disapproval. "Sorry! I didn't see you" said Syo as he rose and dusted off his clothes. The fall hadn't hurt, but his dignity was much grieved.
Back to top Go down
Arata
Arata

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Earth Kingdom [open]   Welcome to the Earth Kingdom [open] EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 8:40 pm

Arata Tanaka

Arata had been watching the Fire Nation boy for a little while before the accident. He couldn`t believe the size of the animal he was with. It must have been as tall as a buffalo yak and several times heavier. It was such a surprise that he didn`t realise how close it was getting until it had hit the crates.
The ground was hard, and one of the crates caught him on the shin on the way down, but it didn`t feel like anything was broken. He was still sitting on the ground rubbing his shin when the other boy got up and brushed himself off. It had been a pretty good day so far, and Arata wasn`t in the mood to spoil it, so he accepted the apology. "No harm done. With all the things to see around here I`m just impressed there aren`t more accidents." While he was talking he stood up and grabbed his satchel, which had been knocked off in the fall. He wasn't sure what to make of the expression on the giant animal's face, so he tried to put the stranger between himself and it. "My name`s Arata," he said and extended his hand, "is this your first time in the Earth Kingdom as well?"

Mood:Hopeful
Condition:Bruised

Back to top Go down
SyoLoKe
SyoLoKe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Earth Kingdom [open]   Welcome to the Earth Kingdom [open] EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 6:03 pm

Syo lo Ke

Syo watched as the young man he had trundled into rose from the grounds. He didn’t seem to exactly have the reflexes of a practiced bender, or someone who frequently got involved in mock duels and thus had learned how to fall down. Chuckling at the comment about accidents, he pointed at the satchel the other boy had just grabbed. “I’d check to make sure everything’s still there” he advised. “Some of the folks here have sticky fingers”.

Sensing the fallen man’s trepidation toward her, Beatrix moved to open her mouth to reveal her teeth and grumble threateningly. However, Syo was well aware of her habits and took this opportunity to casually rest his arm on top of her snout, pushing her nose back down, giving her an admonishing look as he did so. With his other arm he took the proferred hand before him. ”Nice to meet you. My name’s Syo. And yeah, it’s my first time here too. Are you headed anywhere specific?”

Mood: Suspicious
Condition:Embarassed
Link:

Last edited by SyoLoKe on Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Arata
Arata

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Earth Kingdom [open]   Welcome to the Earth Kingdom [open] EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 1:30 pm

Arata Tanaka

Arata hadn't considered the possibility of theft until Syo mentioned it. He pulled open his satchel and started searching through it as he spoke with the other boy. "I'm just passing through on my way to the South Pole. With any luck I'll be back on my way tomorrow." Though he had started calmly enough, by the end of the his voice became tense and his digging in the bag more furious. Everything still seemed to be there, except for his money.
No, no, no! This can't be happeneing!" he said, almost yelling in panic. He tipped the satchel out on one of the crates and started through the pile with desperation, but his money bag wasn't there. Glancing around while shoving his remaining belongings backing into the satchel, Arata was just in time to see a figure carrying a familiar blue bag dart around a corner into the buildings that lined the waterfront. "Hey you! Stop!" he yelled; and, Syo and his incredible companion nearly forgotten, ran off in pursuit.

Mood:Panicking
Condition:Bruised

Back to top Go down
SyoLoKe
SyoLoKe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Earth Kingdom [open]   Welcome to the Earth Kingdom [open] EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 5:53 pm

Syo lo Ke

Hey You! Stop! Syo followed Arata's panicked gaze as it locked onto the escaping thief. Shaking his head at the youth pelting off into the chaos, he thought he's never going to catch him that way. Turning to Beatrix, he commanded “Stay here plesae. And don't cause trouble.” With that, he took he few steps back, then ran forward, and kicking off the ground, launched himself with his firebending into the air. He rolled into the landing onto the roof and shot up just in time to see the figure clutching the clearly-watertribe item dart down a pathway. Syo took chase, leaping from roof to roof, and kicking off with fireboosts to clear larger spaces.

Soon enough, he had caught up to the runaway. With a grunt, he turned and struck downward, aiming for a few feet ahead of his target. Fire lept from his palm, and opened into an impressive wall of fire blocking the path of the criminal. Syo landed gracefully on his feet, and when the pickpocket whirled around to run in the opposite direction, Syo was ready, his razor sharp fan open and leveled at the other boy's throat. “I'd sit still if I were in your” sh... Syo peered down at the thief's feet, and noticing their bareness, adjusted his speech "position".

Mood: Triumphant
Condition: Just got a workout in
Link:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Earth Kingdom [open]   Welcome to the Earth Kingdom [open] Empty

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the Earth Kingdom [open]
Page 1 of 1