The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fire Capital Harbor

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sanaki
Sanaki

EXP : 5075
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: None
Nation: Fire Nation

Fire Capital Harbor Empty
PostSubject: Fire Capital Harbor   Fire Capital Harbor EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 3:23 am

[if this is in the wrong place, let me know.]

Sanaki Calameda Zelgius

Business was known for taking people all over the place; sometimes around their city, sometimes their country, or in Lady Zelgius' case, the world. Ba Sing Se was a popular target, because her targets often went there to hide. After all, one did not go to Ba Sing Se if they wished to be found; they disappeared within its titanic walls, and were difficult for most people to track.

Luckily, Sanaki was not "most people".

That was all in the past though. at this point, even the long, boring voyage across the waters back to her homeland was over, and she was quite pleased to be setting her dainty feet back onto Fire Nation soil.

as much fun as getting back to my beautiful home is," she thought to herself, "life abroad is one of many ways to get the blood pumping. The thrill of the hunt; the thrill of the kill; the thrill of the benefits, and the enjoyment of doing as I please. Take that from me and what am I left with?"

She had heard about the war, but it seemed dormant at the moment, and many people didn't even believe it was a real war. Sanaki was never quick to doubt the existence of a conflict, because there was always conflict, even if it was not as vast as a world war.

She did not run into any problems as she made her way through the harbor district and progressively into the richer district. While The Fire Capital was not as massive as the Earth Capital by any means--as no city was--it was still very large, and bustling with people. At least here she didn't stand out with her red clothing, and her silent actions didn't make her stand out in the crowd. She was just another black-haired woman.

She remained out in the open, though was not in the middle of the hubbub; more off to the side, slinking down roads that were less travelled; some were even deserted. She didn't exactly have a destination in mind--just wandering from one place to another until she decided to head home. that would be later though.

Mood: Content
Condition: Healthy
Link:

Back to top Go down
Novai
Awesome Member

EXP : -2
Birthday : 1994-11-12

Character Description
Position: Fire Lord

PostSubject: Re: Fire Capital Harbor   Fire Capital Harbor EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 9:16 pm

((Mind if I join? Usually I don't RP since not many people are active, but since your in the FN.. Very Happy))

As a young child, Novai knew the importance of humility and the practice of being "down to earth" but his position as Fire Lord never allowed him to show or convey his true feelings towards his people. It was one of those days when Novai snuck out of the royal palace in order to have some fun, he decided he would hit the royal markets near the harbor.

As Novai moved past the massive crowds of people, he noticed a lady who seemed very suspicious to him, however he didn't let that get to his head, he was here to enjoy not start conspiracy theories. He moved through the crowd until he saw a group of army firebenders engage in combat with a group of earth bending civilians.

Unpopular sentiment for Earth Kingdom dwellers manifested when Novai vetoed the declaration of war upon closer examination, the war was simply too costly, the walls of Ba Sing Se didn't pay to get fixed after they get rammed after all.. and so the public of the Fire Nation wanted to set sail for new worlds as they had done in the past during Ozai's reign. However Novai wished to change his nation, hopefully make them less eager for fighting.
Back to top Go down
Sanaki
Sanaki

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Fire Capital Harbor   Fire Capital Harbor EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 12:01 am

Sanaki Calameda Zelgius

Sanaki observed people passing and standing and interacting and whatever else it was that people did in a place like this and at at time like this. She was unlikely to recognize the Fire Lord unless he was decked out in his glorious, majestic robes. Whatever the case, she stood idly around--or so it seemed. She was actually analyzing her every surrounding; figuring out which people were important, which ones weren't, which ones were richer than others, Earth Kingdomers, Fire Nationers, and whatever else had been regurgitated from the ships at the harbor.

Sanaki took no heed of the quarrelling firebenders and earthbenders, other than trying perhaps to figure out if any would be good pickings. She might go up to a few of them afterwards and ask if they had any newfound rivals that they wished to "disappear". for her, that was just more business.

but, that would not be right now. right now, she would wait to see what happened. All she did was slowly amble towards the area of the chaos, but she kept a very respectable distance. She did not want to get involved.

Mood: Content
Link:

Back to top Go down
Novai
Awesome Member

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Fire Capital Harbor   Fire Capital Harbor EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 7:32 pm

As the fighting raged on between the Earthbenders and Fire Army, Novai decided he would act, he pointed his fists towards the ground and inhaled deeply, then exhaled letting out a torrent of flames into the middle of the fray. The Firebenders and Earthbenders were pushed into the ground and Novai stopped breathing flames.

The captain in charge of the platoon came sprinting down, "Sorry your Highness, the soldiers were convinced this group of Earthbenders were spies..". Novai responded "Certainly my disguise wasn't adequate for you to notice me, Captain, your accusations against the tourists are brash so I suggest we cease fighting and let them be on their way."

Novai turned around to leave, until he caught the eye of the mysterious woman in the market, strangely he suspected she wasn't a normal fire nation citizen by the look in her eyes, Novai made his way towards her.

"Hi I'm Fire Lord Novai, and whom might you be?" Novai asked the strange woman.
Back to top Go down
Chase
Chase

EXP : 2775
Birthday : 1994-07-23

Character Description
Position:
Nation: Water Tribes

PostSubject: Re: Fire Capital Harbor   Fire Capital Harbor EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 10:02 pm

((Gonna join. Hope you don't mind))

Chase Scylla

Chase had arrived on the boat he'd taken from Chin Village just this morning. It was strange being here, the reason he'd come was because a friend of his had wanted to go. His friend wasn't there anymore, so the voyage was now pointless. He had made a new friend who'd gone with him to the Fire Nation, but Chase wasn't sure where he was at the moment. Chase had somehow lost Ryuterra already. His friend looked like an earthbender, but the people around the harbor were very diverse as the city was a popular stop and destination for people from all over the world. Chase had been forced to skip breakfast and lunch in his flustered search for his friend. So far he'd lost four companions in total, Jian, Alxina, Fujin, and now Ryuterra, it definitely wasn't a streak he was enjoying. Maybe they were purposefully abandoning him, trying to get away from Chase for some reason. Was he too enthusiastic? Was his outgoing personality off putting? Then again, Chase had been the one who'd been forced to leave Jian, while Alxina and Ryuterra had just been lost in the crowd. Some time after noon Chase saw a group of earthbenders and searched them for Ryuterra, but saw no sign of him. He did however see them being persecuted by some firebenders. Chase took out Kingfisher, his huge fishing hook and chain and was about to intervene, when a man threw a large fireball at the crowd. "Neat," Chase whispered. He walked over to the man who was now talking with a pretty, yet strange woman. He stood nearby, politely waiting to interject.
Mood: Curious
Condition: Doing Well

Back to top Go down
Sanaki
Sanaki

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Fire Capital Harbor   Fire Capital Harbor EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 5:19 am

[just FYI, when I quote someone else's words, (as you'll notice later in this post) I use bold text, and when I use internal thoughts for my character, I use italics. If anyone is against this formatting, go ahead and let me know. I'm not afraid to admit that I am still new here. :B ]
[I also tend to make long posts xB]

Sanaki Calameda Zelgius

Sanaki was certainly a normal Fire Nation citizen by the looks of her figure--pale skin, jet-black hair, red clothing, gold eyes... well, they weren't exactly gold. they were faded... glazed, as if they did not function at all. She was good at knowing which way to point her eyes, but it was clear from the way she focused on things, and that she could--and did sometimes--stare directly at the sun with her eyes wide open--that she was completely blind. She also seemed to blink only half as much as the average man, which said something, considering that women normally blinked twice as much as men.

She was fully ready to simply continue minding her own business in her world of darkness and simply sensing all the different levels of heat from the people and places around her. She thought little of the quarrelling benders, or from the Fire Lord who broke up the squabble.
"at least he took care of it when it was still small in size." she thought to herself, "Perhaps he has more skill to his position than his age would make it seem. He is certainly young... but youth does not mean one cannot do great things. I put an end to the great Zelgius Family line when I was 19--and then turned it into a mystery, no less."

She would have continued her musings, except that now she sensed the man approaching her. She was not worried about her appearance--Zelgius Sanaki always dressed in her finest and looked her best, and so she was more or less presentable to even the mighty Fire Lord at any given time. Her leg was not showing through her kimono like it sometimes did, and even if it had been, she would not likely have thought much of it. Sometimes, it just happened, and Sanaki was not at all ashamed of her smooth, wonderfully-toned figure.

The Fire Lord approached her, and she turned to face him as he came closer. Normally she would have waited until someone was much closer to her before turning to 'face' them, but for figures of authority, she could not pass off this sort of indifference without being disrespectful, and she had no need to be such a rebel. being blind, Sanaki never really understood the importance of face-to-face chatter, let alone eye contact, but society had taught her that it was polite and proper, and Zelgius Sanaki had been raised learning the proper what-fors of society--and here she was. Now that she was meeting the Fire Lord, she didn't have to worry about being impolite because she knew what to do--how convenient.

"Hi I'm Fire Lord Novai, and whom might you be?" He spoke to her, taking a polite approach. Sanaki's lips curled ever so slightly into a still unnoticeable smile. She bowed respectfully to her superior before regaining her posture again.
"I am Sanaki Calameda Zelgius," she answered. Her voice was soft, almost deceptively gentle. However, only the most paranoid of people would keep themselves so guarded against the pretty noble. She kept her hands in plain sight and away from the hilts of her blades. She only attacked when she had reason to, and it was almost never in such an open, public place.

She assumed that the Fire Lord had approached her for a particular reason, as most people had a tendency to do that. She was relatively well-known as an assassin as well, and so perhaps she was getting a request from the Fire Lord himself for dispose of a target. If not... well, it was always good to be on the good sides of those in power. It was win-win either way.
Sanaki also became aware that someone had followed the Fire Lord towards her, but she paid him no attention at the moment. She had a few questions of her own to ask him now that she had answered his.

"it is a pleasure to meet you, Fire Lord Novai." she said politely. "was there something you needed or desired of me?"

Mood: Fascinated
Link:

Back to top Go down
Novai
Awesome Member

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Fire Capital Harbor   Fire Capital Harbor EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 8:11 pm

Novai sensed the woman knew alot about the Fire Nations traditions, it took skill and practice to be able to maintain her composure around him, certainly she was no ordinary Fire Noble. The woman politely addressed him "it is a pleasure to meet you, Fire Lord Novai, was there something you needed or desired of me?", but he knew that she was strangely suspicious by the unusual yet pleasant smile she displayed.

"As a noble I suppose... and a powerful one I presume, it would be wonderful if you visited the Imperial Palace, I am always in need of powerful allies" Novai played it smooth or at least he thought he did, the noble was more than what her appearance suggested, or was this the folly of youth, Novai thought.

Just then, Novai saw a man appear behind him, by the way he was dressed, it was presumably a Waterbender. Novai faced the water bender and greeted him "Speaking of allies, it seems we have a Water bender in our midst, I am Fire Lord Novai, and whom might you be?"

Back to top Go down
Sanaki
Sanaki

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Fire Capital Harbor   Fire Capital Harbor EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 12:02 am

Sanaki Calameda Zelgius

Sanaki was not often patient with the people she dealt with, but she hid it well when her patience started thinning. This was an exceptional case, however, and her patience had yet to thin. Luckily, it would not need to, as Fire Lord Novai was prompt in his response to her question.

"As a noble I suppose... and a powerful one I presume, it would be wonderful if you visited the Imperial Palace, I am always in need of powerful allies"

"That can be arranged." Sanaki smiled, keeping her posture, "name for me a time and a place and I shall arrive at your gates promptly. I suppose from there we can discuss the matter further."

She stood aside and waited for his response. once his attention had turned towards the waterbender, Sanaki seemed aloof again, not being familiar with the individual, and seeing as she was not involved in the conversation, decided to wait it out. She did not maky any hints that she wanted to join it, nor was that her intent. If they invited her, she would join out of courtesy, but if they didn't, that was just as fine with her.
Mood: Idle
Link:

Back to top Go down
Chase
Chase

Character Description
Position:

PostSubject: Re: Fire Capital Harbor   Fire Capital Harbor EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 10:47 am

Chase Scylla

Chase blinked. Then he opened his eyes wide, surprised by the person he was talking to. The Fire Lord? How could this be? Wasn't he usually in his palace? Chase had planned to simply tell the man he found it honorable that he'd stopped the fight, but now Chase stumbled over the words he wanted to say. "I-I I just...thought it was cool how you blew those guys up..." Chase realized how violent and morbid this sounded and instantly revised, "I mean-not that you hit them-I just mean-Oh what do I mean...umm...good...job?" Chase hung his head in shame for a second and said, "I'm Chase."
Mood: Embarrassed

Back to top Go down
Novai
Awesome Member

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Fire Capital Harbor   Fire Capital Harbor EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 8:11 pm

Just then, the waterbender spoke "I-I I just...thought it was cool how you blew those guys up...I mean-not that you hit them-I just mean-Oh what do I mean...umm...good...job?"

Novai beamed as he looked at the young water bender, a wide smile on his face with his eyelids closed. The water benders expressions were interesting to him, surprised or shocked, Novai was never a person who demanded the respect of people.

"You seem pretty aloof, Chase, I'm just a lowly king of the people, nothing more. Since you decided to interject at such a good moment, I wouldn't mind inviting you over to my Palace as well.." Novai glanced at Sanaki real quickly.. "Of course, if you don't mind Sanaki.."

Novai was a dreamer in ways, he was bad at making friends so he hoped that the two new people he just met would come over.

Then Novai looked at his two new friends, "I hope maybe dinner would be acceptable, if either of you would like to stay at the Fire Palace, then that would be fun too"
Back to top Go down
Sanaki
Sanaki

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Fire Capital Harbor   Fire Capital Harbor EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 4:38 am

Sanaki Calameda Zelgius

Sanaki heard her name, and politely nodded to indicate that she had no qualms against having dinner with this waterbender. She only made enemies when there was a profit to be made, and that was not this time, so she let it go.

Then the Fire Lord spoke again. "I hope maybe dinner would be acceptable, if either of you would like to stay at the Fire Palace, then that would be fun too"
"interesting wording," Sanaki mused, but she said nothing. "he is still young yet; I certainly was not as eloquent as I am now when I was younger. Such are the way of things."

"I would be honored to accept the invitation." Sanaki replied, "I would now like to know when you would like us over, and for how long. I can always accommodate the wishes of the Fire Lord."
...which was pretty much true as things stood. She didn't have a certain target she had been hired to assassinate, and so during this type of down time, she had all the time in the world.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Chase
Chase

Character Description
Position:

PostSubject: Re: Fire Capital Harbor   Fire Capital Harbor EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 5:37 pm

Chase Scylla

The very idea stunned Chase. He didn't want to seem rude, so rather than thinking, he quickly said, "That would be awesome!" Chase decided that sounded a bit too excited and said,, "That sounds great," a bit mellower. He remember he'd been looking for his friend, but his stomach growled. Dinner at the Palace didn't sound like it would disappoint at all.
Mood: Shock and Awe

Back to top Go down
Novai
Awesome Member

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Fire Capital Harbor   Fire Capital Harbor EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 11:11 pm

((Sorry, School is driving me nuts...))

The Fire Lord smiled, he was happy that he was able to spend time with people other than court nobles and the other members of the Royal Family.

Novai was questioned then, by Sanaki "I would now like to know when you would like us over, and for how long. I can always accommodate the wishes of the Fire Lord."

Novai still smiling replied "Tonight would be good, in fact dinner would be too formal, why not just come over right now?" looking on anxiously at Chase and Sanaki, hopefully they wouldn't mind. Being lonely at the Fire Palace is never fun.

Back to top Go down
Sanaki
Sanaki

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Fire Capital Harbor   Fire Capital Harbor EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 1:43 pm

Sanaki Calameda Zelgius

Sanaki waited, expecting a date and a time, but the young Firelord surprised her with his answer. Sanaki liked surprises.

Novai still smiling replied "Tonight would be good, in fact dinner would be too formal, why not just come over right now?"

Sanaki didn't need to argue that one, as she had nothing else going on.

"I believe that can be arranged." she smiled. "please lead the way, and thank you for the invitation."
in theory, she was ready whenever he was, so she would wait.

"I am not entirely sure what they have in mind, nor am I sure what sort of events will transpire when we get there. I do not fear it, as there is nothing to fear. Although... perhaps getting to know the waterbender that the Firelord also invited would probably be a good idea, but that too can wait for the time being."

Sanaki often thought to herself as she did things, and right now her mind was admittedly somewhere else, but not so far gone that her head was in the clouds. she was still fully aware of her situation here and now, and planned to keep it that way.

Link:

Back to top Go down
Chase
Chase

Character Description
Position:

PostSubject: Re: Fire Capital Harbor   Fire Capital Harbor EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 4:39 pm

Chase Scylla

Perfect! Chase's stomach grumbled as it digested the air inside it, having nothing in it since yesterday. "I could do that, I'm not doing anything else." That was...sort of a lie, but by now he'd given up his search. Plus Ryuterra was just as likely to be at the palace than he by now. Chase realized he was justifying this, but he didn't care, he just wanted some food. He also realized that he was quickly getting used to being around the Fire Lord and was already much less intimidated by his power.

Mood: Hungry

Back to top Go down
Novai
Awesome Member

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Fire Capital Harbor   Fire Capital Harbor EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 1:15 pm

Novai was pleased by their responses, at least they didn't say they had other things to do.

"I have a neat trick that I use to get to the Palace, come close to me, and we'll just teleport there" Novai stated confidently.

If he could impress his guests, this was the best way to do it. Novai thought

As Sanaki and Chase came close maybe 3in close, Novai took a deep breath and fire bended from his mouth and hands, encasing the trio in a ball of flames.

The flames swirled midair around him, Chase, and Sanaki. The heat made the trio rise up into the air, and then with a flash of light, the trio stood in front of the Fire Palace.
Back to top Go down
Chase
Chase

Character Description
Position:

PostSubject: Re: Fire Capital Harbor   Fire Capital Harbor EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 8:45 pm

Chase Scylla

Chase's eyes widened comically, almost to the size of dinner plates. The trip was short, but the sheer power shocked Chase beyond belief. He had no idea anyone was capable of this sort of thing. "H-how did you...what?" This awful response might have embarrassed Chase normally, but he was currently too surprised to care.

Mood: Shocked

Back to top Go down
Sanaki
Sanaki

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Fire Capital Harbor   Fire Capital Harbor EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 5:43 pm

Sanaki Calameda Zelgius

Upon detecting her new surroundings, Sanaki's lips curled into an amused smile.

"and this is precisely why no one should ever be underestimated." she thought to herself, "even my childhood was an example of why you should watch out for the small and quiet ones. size and age are no determining factor in skill and power."

"very impressive, Fire Lord Novai," she cooed her approval. "I am impressed."
Honesty wasn't one of her strong suits, but she never lied just for the sake of lying. This time, she was telling the pure, sweet truth, as she approved of the swift, coldly efficient method of travel. She wouldn't mind having that ability.
Mood: Amused
Link:

Back to top Go down
Novai
Awesome Member

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Fire Capital Harbor   Fire Capital Harbor EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 12:52 pm

As the group stood dead smack in the center square of the Fire Palace, each person expressed a small form of awe.

"H-how did you...what?"

"very impressive, Fire Lord Novai," she cooed her approval. "I am impressed."

Novai realized that these were the only two people who had ever witnessed his teleportation powers. [color=darkred]

"Its nothing big really, I have many tricks up my sleeve, thats the reason I'm Fire Lord." Novai responded faintly.

With the Fire Palace within reach, he motioned towards Sanaki and Chase. Novai moved briskly towards the palace then he realized that walking was much too mundane. With a grin on his face, he fire bended through his feet and hovered.
Back to top Go down
Sanaki
Sanaki

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Fire Capital Harbor   Fire Capital Harbor EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 1:44 am

Sanaki Calameda Zelgius

Sanaki observed the Fire Lord's hovering movements, and she nodded in slight approval, though the teleportation thing was slightly more amusing. Whatever the case, she did not treat this motion with any disdain, and she was going to remain respectful.

Sanaki was not known for expression vast amounts of emotion. It did not mean she did not feel it, or did not have them; it just meant she knew how to contain it most of the time, which was how she kept her calm and her cool so much, and in tight situations when they arose. She had been taught good manners as a child [among other things, some of which Sanaki would rather forget about], and she wasn't about to give that up.

She walked in her gently, regal stride behind Fire Lord Novai, allowing him to lead the way into his massive and majestic home.
Link:

Last edited by Sanaki on Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Novai
Awesome Member

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Fire Capital Harbor   Fire Capital Harbor EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 12:17 pm

((Sorry if I was a little too sudden with the story line, I got a little tired of walking to the palace x.x))

Novai came to a stop in midair as they finally reached the inside hall of the Fire Palace, on the wall was a picture of himself, with two giant fireballs in his palms staring blankly into space.

"Lets head over to the throne room, I think we should speak" Novai stated calmly, motioning Sanaki and Chase towards the throne room. The hall was illuminated with red and blue flamed lanterns alternating on the sides.

They arrived in the Throne room and Novai took his place on the throne, "Lets begin" Novai said faintly.

The throne room's sides started to blaze with blue and red flames,

"I came here to talk about a little project I had in my mind, and whether or not you would like to support me, both of you are much more than what you appear to be." Novai stated nonchalantly, he further continued, pointing at Sanaki first

"You appear to be more than just a common Noblewoman, you seem to be more or less a deadly warrior"

Then he pointed at Chase,

"You may not know it, but your skills as a waterbender are priceless"

"These were merely my first impressions of both of you, perhaps this is not true and I am merely ranting, but I believe that both of you are deadly in your own ways."

Novai paced himself back and forth, his hands behind his back, then he spoke once more, this time more fervently and exasperated.

"My plan is to wage war on the Earth Kingdom, in order to create a world where the flames of the Fire Nation can calm the hatred in the world. This world is living in a subtle trancelike state, and I want to liberate it using my power. If you two join me as my Generals then I will guarantee both of you limitless power."
Back to top Go down
Chase
Chase

Character Description
Position:

PostSubject: Re: Fire Capital Harbor   Fire Capital Harbor EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 2:45 pm

Chase Scylla

Chase didn't really know how to react. He'd say he was competent in his fighting skills, but leadership was not his strongest suit. He was a bit too care free for that. Still, he liked the Fire Lord, and how hard could it be? Chase liked to have new friends, maybe he'd a get a lot of them from this. "Yeah! I'll do it!"

Mood: Shocked
Condition: Excited

Back to top Go down
Sanaki
Sanaki

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Fire Capital Harbor   Fire Capital Harbor EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 1:45 pm

[whoop. sorry it took so long. But, here's a long post to make up for it. :B]

Sanaki Calameda Zelgius

Sanaki followed the other two benders into the massive throne room. The flames of various colors played with her senses, and it seemed that she was able to pick up almost every little detail here because of all the fire. She liked it a lot.

"I came here to talk about a little project I had in my mind, and whether or not you would like to support me, both of you are much more than what you appear to be." Novai stated nonchalantly, he further continued, pointing at Sanaki first.

"You appear to be more than just a common Noblewoman, you seem to be more or less a deadly warrior."

To tell him or not to tell him? She had a feeling she knew where this was going, and she was certain that at this point she did not want to bind all of her loyalties to one person. She actually figured that he had an idea of who she was, but she was not ready to say too much. Generally, the less people knew about her, the better.

"I would put it this way, My Lord." she cooed, "Death happens, as we surely all know. But when I get paid for it, death happens much more."
Surely the Fire Lord of all people would know about assassins. Most of them were younger, because their own lives were fraught with dangers of their own. Generally, the older an assassin was, the longer they had been successful at their career, without being stabbed in the back themselves.
"I am..." she only paused as if to garner dramatic effect, "on the more successful end in a line of assassins, you might say. After all... To be an assassin involves staying alive."
She paused for a moment before continuing. "as a result, unfortunately, the straightforward type of fighting is not necessarily my forte."

Even this was not entirely truthful, however, as she had good combat skills because her reflexes were very swift. She simply had no desire to be placed in an array of soldiers, even if it wasn't on the front lines. But, she waited to hear his proposition, because maybe she was taking the wrong track.

"My plan is to wage war on the Earth Kingdom, in order to create a world where the flames of the Fire Nation can calm the hatred in the world. This world is living in a subtle trancelike state, and I want to liberate it using my power. If you two join me as my Generals then I will guarantee both of you limitless power."

"Keep going," she cooed, her face clearly showing an interest here, "this sounds promising."
Her right hand reached between a fold in her kimono near her hip, and when it emerged, she was idly twirling a small throwing knife. This sort of subtlety was her typical approach when she planned on killing someone in a sudden movement, but that was not on her agenda yet. Neither one of them were targets, and she did not just go about killing random people. She only killed when she was paid to do so, and this was not the time. if Chase or Novai did not like what she was doing, all they had to do was let her know.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Novai
Awesome Member

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Fire Capital Harbor   Fire Capital Harbor EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 3:00 pm

((Thoughts are in italics))

"Yeah! I'll do it!"

Novai stood watching his guests, Chase was easily convinced, Now he didn't have to worry about Naval warfare and an ambassador to the Water Tribes.

"I'm glad you accept the offer, you will become my Admiral in the Fire Nation Navy." Novai stated flatly. The more enthusiasm the more people tend to consider you a bad leader he had once learned.

Novai turned to glance at Sanaki, her response too was interesting,

"I would put it this way, My Lord." she cooed, "Death happens, as we surely all know. But when I get paid for it, death happens much more."

She continued,

"I am..." she only paused as if to garner dramatic effect, "on the more successful end in a line of assassins, you might say. After all... To be an assassin involves staying alive."

Her response intrigued him, but before he could respond her action spoke of her intentions,

Her right hand reached between a fold in her kimono near her hip, and when it emerged, she was idly twirling a small throwing knife.

Novai nodded approvingly "I like an assassin who knows how to stay alive, in fact I admire it with a burning passion" After Novai spoke the word burning, the room started to heat up, and flames shot through the ground in a circle around him.

"It's best that when in my company we play nice, we can play with our toys later" Novai sardonically stated while pointing at the dagger.

"Furthermore I believe that you, Sanaki, should command the Air Nomad frontier, as you know this war will be fought on two fronts, we will be crushing the Air Nomads and the Earth Kingdom simultaneously. It is thus in our best interests that Chase blockade the Earth Kingdom and Sanaki wipe out the Air Nomads."

Novai turned his back to his comrades, the flames dancing behind him shadowing his figure.

"In time, this war will be over, and the world ours, to ensure peace we first must have unity."
Back to top Go down
Sanaki
Sanaki

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Fire Capital Harbor   Fire Capital Harbor EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 6:42 pm

Sanaki Calameda Zelgius

"It's best that when in my company we play nice, we can play with our toys later"
Before he had even finished his sentence, the knife Sanaki had been twirling in her hands disappeared within the folds of her kimono. No other words needed to be said.

It was not that she had had any malevolent intentions here and now. She just liked letting certain types of people know that she was armed and dangerous at any given time. Other times she liked people to think she was the delicate little noblewoman she appeared to be--but usually those that she lulled into that false sense of security. So if anything, the fact that Sanaki revealed herself as an armed assassin to Novai meant that she didn't intend harm on him. It was funny how Sanaki worked backwards that way.

"Furthermore I believe that you, Sanaki, should command the Air Nomad frontier, as you know this war will be fought on two fronts, we will be crushing the Air Nomads and the Earth Kingdom simultaneously. It is thus in our best interests that Chase blockade the Earth Kingdom and Sanaki wipe out the Air Nomads."

Novai turned his back to his comrades, the flames dancing behind him shadowing his figure.

"In time, this war will be over, and the world ours, to ensure peace we first must have unity."

"I see." Sanaki nodded, "so tell me--what kind of support will I have? To launch such a series of attacks on more than one location, I would need lots of military, monetary, and political support. Even the greatest of assassins cannot exterminate an entire race by herself."
This was the part of the deal she liked best--hearing what was in it for her.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fire Capital Harbor   Fire Capital Harbor Empty

Back to top Go down

Fire Capital Harbor
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next