The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Taming the Fire

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

EXP : 12560

Character Description
Position: Story Collector
Nation: Water Tribes

Taming the Fire - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 1:15 am

Moving over to the boat, Jurishe shoved it into the shallow water, just until it began to float gently on the surface. "Alright, come here - I'll help you in," She called her friend over, holding her hand out to her, ready to take her own.

Once Katara was safely seated, Jurishe grabbed their supplies and piled them into the boat, ready to depart. Then, grabbing both of the oars, she took her own seat, "All set?" With one oar, she'd shove off against the shore, moving into the water, starting to row.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

EXP : 128130
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Nobody
Nation: Fire Nation

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 1:23 am

Z. Katara Len

"Alright... thanks." she smiled, letting Jurishe help her into the boat. She could actually swim despite being a firebender, and despite being blind, and so if by chance they tipped over or she fell in, she'd be okay.

"All set." she nodded after hearing and recognizing that Jurishe and all of their things were safely in the boat. she took the other paddle, rowing with Juri each time she heard her friend's oar hit the water. she hoped she was helping and not hindering with her timing or something.
Mood: Happy
Condition: Awake
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 1:34 am

Katara was doing beautifully; the two of them together were making great time. Jurishe had started out simply calling out the strokes, but then she switched to a song that was often used in the Water Tribes, when rowing for long distances in their kayaks. It was actually used as tribute to the girl from the story that she had told her friend the other night; to the girl who birthed the whales and the seals from her fingers.

"I can already see the island," She told Katara, in between verses of the song, her smile evident in her voice.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 1:40 am

Z. Katara Len

Katara did even better with the rhythm of the song, humming along softly with her friend, even though she knew neither the tune nor the words. she had a cute little calm smile on her face, and her curls fluttered in the breeze. she had forgotten to do up her ponytail from last night, so her hair was just hanging. however, the tie was still around her right wrist, even over her armored gloves she always wore.

"nice!" she grinned, as she obviously couldn't see it. "not too far then!"
She would keep going unless Jruishe said otehrwise
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 2:27 am

"We should be there in the next half hour," Jurishe agreed, continuing to row in time with Katara, "One more song?" She wouldn't mind singing another rowing song, but she would chose a different one; perhaps something about the ice flows of her home and the creatures that called them home. Most of their kayaking songs were about the nature around them; it brought good luck, supposedly.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 2:32 am

Z. Katara Len

Katara nodded. "sounds good to me." she chirped. half an hour was not very much time for her, and so for her the wait would be trivial. With a friend it would be even moreso.

"Aye, one more song sounds good... maybe a few more if we can't make them last half an hour." she chuckled. "start us off if you would." she grinned, ready to row again to the beat.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 12:43 am

Jurishe Chuyin

Taking a deep breath, Jurishe began to sing another song of her people. The one that she chose was not the original one that she had thought to sing, but instead, another sad legend among the Southern Tribe. Her voice was almost haunting, because it was so quiet and soft.

At first, the song was merely about a strong warrior who braved the seas in his kayak. He saved many people and many of the sea's children; he was the strongest that had ever been seen. Many different chiefs - and even spirits - had offered him their daughters as wives, but the warrior always refused, speaking of a woman back home, who held his heart.

The song and story continued, detailing his journey home, and the words he spoke for his wife. Finally, Jurishe sang: "Sleep soft once again if you wake in your darkness; sleep knowing you are my delight... As long as the stars wheel the years down the heavens, as long as the lilies bloom white... My darling, I kiss you goodnight.~"

The warrior's beloved had been buried and gone, for years, and still he waited for her. Once the song had ended, Jurishe offered Katara a small smile, which was invisible to her. "Sorry... I wasn't intending to sing something so melancholy."

Condition: Good

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 12:58 am

Z. Katara Len

Katara smiled and listened to the song, still rowing the boat alongside her companion. it was an intriguing tale, but Katara enjoyed hearing it as Jurishe sang. She wished she knew the tune better so she could perhaps sing along, but otherwise remained silent with an interested expression on her scarred face.

"no, no..." she exclaimed, "it's fine. It's not like I've never been told a sad story before..."
her own story was rather sad, although it had its happy times and high points just as well.
She gave her friend a smile back, even though she could not see Jurishe's.
"Thank you for that..." she said softly. "that was beautiful... and inspiring, in a way..."
she still seemed mesmerized by it, but that seemed to be mostly a good thing.
Mood: Intrigued
Condition: Mesmerized
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 1:08 am

Jurishe Chuyin

"It's another of my favorites," Jurishe agrees, very softly. She felt a certain affinity, with the song, herself. Perhaps she'd tell Katara the legend that went with it, that night around the fire. There wasn't too much to add, but she thought that the other girl might enjoy hearing the actual story.

"If you like, I could teach it to you?" She offers, figuring that one more round will get them to the island, over yonder, "That way, you could sing it with me, next time."

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 1:15 am

Z. Katara Len

Katara nodded. "I like legends... true other otherwise." she smiled. "maybe you'll have to tell it to me one day."

upon hearing the suggestion, her eyes lit up.
"oooh... I'd love to hear it!" she smiled. While her voice was quiet and rather subdued, she did have a gentle voice that would be good for singing. She was not exactly the expressive type like that the way she was when she danced, but she did like being able to carry a tune.
Mood: Intrigued
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 2:10 am

Jurishe Chuyin

With a bright smile, Jurishe began to sing once again; she would go through one line, and then allow Katara to sing it, herself, to get the feel of it. She went through the entire song, this way, before asking, "Got it?" If her friend required, she would go through it again.

If not, she would begin to sing, in time with their rowing, letting the song control her pace, even if it was slightly slower than before. This was a long-distance song; it was slow so that the rower would pace themselves, rather than tiring out too quickly. Jurishe felt that this would be the best, because Katara wasn't used to doing any rowing, herself.

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 2:16 am

Z. Katara Len

Two of Katara's strengths included good ears and a good memory. the teen had a better memory than some people were aware of, and anyone who forgot that was often the victim of the girl's sharp tongue and sharp wit.
Katara may not have done much rowing, but the girl had a surprisingly high amount of strength and stamina, so she was not getting tired out by any means.

getting the hang of the song, she began to sing it with Jurishe. she occasionally slipped up. but quickly recovered most of the time. she decided against asking when they'd get there, because she figured that that would happen when it did. they'd get there when they got there.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 2:20 am

Jurishe Chuyin

Because she was busy singing with Katara, Jurishe didn't even notice that they had arrived until her oar hit the sand. "Oops!" She jumped up, hopping into the shallow water, to yank the boat up onto dry land, "We're here, Katara. Hang on, and I'll help you out."

Pulling the rowboat up as far as she could manage, she moved to the smaller girl's side, reaching for her hand. "It's not a long way down," She assured her, splashing in the clear water, "A little wet, though."

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 2:28 am

Z. Katara Len

Katara noticed the bump, her eyes widening. she first thought they had hit a rock, since for all she knew, she was out in the middle of the lake again. She was barefoot still, and so didn't mind getting wet if needs be. Despite being blind, she actually didn't mind swimming either.
She reached out her hand to take Juri's as the older girl helped her out of the boat. her bare feet curled in the wet sand and water, and she enjoyed the feeling.

"I may not look it," she chuckled, "but I don't mind getting a little wet. it feels nice sometimes..."
Condition: Comfortable
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 3:16 pm

Jurishe Chuyin

"Oh..?" Jurishe grinned mischievously. Taking a single step away from Katara, she kicks her leg out suddenly, displacing the water in a splash! It wouldn't go up above the other girl's knee, but it was a cold wave of water, nonetheless.

Laughing, she skipped away toward the beach, trying to avoid any retaliation. She wouldn't go too far, though, as she'd hate for Katara to fall in, or get lost, or anything.

Mood: Playful

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 4:26 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara was used to the water, but squealed playfully when she was splashed. "hey! I'm fine with swimming and all, but I don't think we should do it in our clothes?"
She actually probably would not have minded, but perhaps Jurishe would? Katara was frankly up for a dip in the water sooner or later.

laughing, she ran after Jurishe until her feet reached sand without being in the water. "I might just have to throw you in for that!" she said in a playful tone. however, if Juri had gone soly by Katara's facial expression, she might have thought Katara was dead-serious. Katara's deadpan serious expression was one of her favorites, as it made joking a bit more fun. she would apologize of course, if juri didn't know it was a joke. hopefully her tone had conveyed that.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 6:59 pm

Jurishe Chuyin

"Never challenge a waterbender to a splash fight, my friend!" Jurishe laughed, putting her arm around Katara's shoulder for a brief squeeze, "I think you'd be the one finding herself in the drink; not me." Grinning, she released her friend, "Maybe we can go swimming later today, or tomorrow."

With that, she reached over and grabbed her own pack, as well as Katara's own. "Here's yours," She passed it over to her friend, slinging her own up onto her shoulder, "Let's go explore!"

Mood: Playful

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 7:27 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara laughed. "cheater." she teased. "I'd just carry you in with me!" with that, she actually put her arms around Jurishe and lifted her feet off the ground with a little grunting. Considering that Katara was about 4 inches and 40 lbs smaller than Jurishe, this was actually somewhat surprising. not that Jurishe was fat--Katara was just rather thin.

setting her down a moment later, she smiled up at her taller companion.
Slinging her back over her shoulder and grabbing her cane (her boots being in her pack; she was remaining barefoot), she let Jurishe take her hand, "Right behind you!" she said cheerfully.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 7:43 pm

Jurishe Chuyin

Walking up the path, Jurishe ran a running commentary for Katara, telling her about the sloping hills, the occasional stone step that had been carved but left dilapidated, or even the trees and other flora. "Someone was definitely living here, before," She mused, though they hadn't seen anything like dwelling structures, "I wonder why they would have left?"

Once they reached more of the ruins, Jurishe fell silent, for a few moments, as well as still. "Wow..." She murmured after a moment, "There are all kinda of old temple structures," She spoke aloud, for Katara's benefit, "C'mon."

Pulling her along, though walking ahead, Jurishe moved through the old temple. Then, with a shifting a stone under her feet, there was a loud 'twang' and Jurishe fell to the ground - hopefully releasing Katara's hand before she dragged her to the ground with her. "What was - " she started to mutter, trying to sit up, to take stock of what had happened.

There were several small, sharpened sticks protruding from her leg - about a dozen all together. "Ow," Jurishe muttered, looking at and feeling them at the same time.

Mood: Surprised
Condition: Injured

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 8:00 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara listened to Jurishe's descriptions, mentally visualizing them. She had seen pictures of the Sun Warrior Island when she was a kid, but this was her first time actually being here. She imagined it the same way she did as a child. However, she had also heard of the traps, and so she was walking warily, trying to imagine and focus on where traps might be based on the sounds they make.

Then suddenly, with a burst of... focus? details showed up to Katara. her feet and her fingertips in particular somehow picked up details. there was a wall to their left, and a few loose tiles, most likely just dilapidated, a few yards in front of them.
"Whoa..." she exclaimed aloud, baffled by whatever this had been. it had faded seconds later, but it left Katara almost not paying attention to whatever else was around them. Perhaps that 'heat-sense' that she had sought after so much was a latent trait. She would have to unlock it though. she was pretty certain. She couldn't control her own bending, which was maybe why she could not control the 'vision'?

suddenly, everything snapped her back to reality as Jurishe released her hand and a squeak of surprise from the older girl. the shock from Katara prompted it again--a brief flash, of Jurishe's legs... her body heat almost made her stand out from the stones around her. but then there were all these little pinpricks of extra heat dotting her legs. She was injured somehow? a trap. that damned tile! (or something...?)

instantly she was on her knees next to her, feeling her legs, hoping that her little mental flash had not been real. however, she too felt the spikes, instantly recoiling.
"Juri!" she gasped, looking suddenly very scared, "are you okay!? please don't die on me!"
She did not know how severe it was, but she had lost friends and family slowly before. she did not want to lose her best friend this way. No... no she wasn't.
Luckily for her (though she did not know it) she was overanalyzing the situation it seemed.
Mood: Panicked!
Condition: Afraid
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 1:06 am

Jurishe Chuyin

"I'm alright, Katara," She answers immediately, trying to soothe her panicking friend, "My legs hurt, is all." In reality, Jurishe is panicking, completely unsure of what to do. Struggling to move her legs, and then discovering that she can't, she begins to breathe very short and shallow, starting to panick.

"Okay, okay," She mutters to herself, her eyes widening and teeth clenching in pain. Moving to brace on her elbows, Jurishe hefts herself up into a sitting position, looking her body over. The projectiles were like little wooden spikes. Grabbing one, she tried to pull on it, but discovered that it stuck fast.

Moving her shaking fingers along her thighs, in survey of the damage, she sighed in relief. "The wounds are superficial," She spoke aloud, in her clinical tone, "I won't bleed out..." Though still freaking out, Jurishe forced herself to get a grip; two panicking girls wouldn't help anything.

Mood: Forcefully Calm

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 1:28 am

Z. Katara Len

Katara heaved a sigh of relief. She was okay with injuries, as she had probably had worse when they first met or something. Still... she was no healer.
"Don't panick. don't panick!" Katara exclaimed, trying to stay calm herself.

she could feel her chi building up which is what it sometimes did when she got nervous.however, she tried to focus on Jurishe's wounds, when suddenly, she got another surge. Instead of flames appearing on her hands and feet though, she instead saw everything again--the shapes of the walls, the floor, even the vines having off some of the crumbling structures. Most importantly though, she saw Jurishe--or rather, the heat she naturally gave off.

there were colder objects sticking out of her legs, and Katara cringed. they had barbs looking like... flames of some sort?
She gasped and even said out loud "holy shit!" although that was mostly at what she had just done. she felt her body temperature rise slightly, but if "seeing" was the cause of it, she'd pay the worthy price for now.

concentrating her chi, her body heated up again and she used her newfound heat sense. She could feel her body temperature rising though, and knew that this would have to be taken care of to prevent damage to her if she were to use it practically.
"Juri! Juri! I sensed everything!" she gasped. "And... I can probably help get these out of you..."

looking up at the older girl seriously, she would explain the heat sense later.
"can you still move your arms? can you reach your bandages and such?"
she was focusing her heat sense again, hoping that she would not notice Katara's body heat gradually rising as she did so. Yes, the rising body heat had to be an issue just with her, for the blind noblewoman used it all the time and was only as warm as the next woman.

"Juri," eh said timidly, still worried for her dear friend, "I think I know how to remove these... I've had similar in my arm before... although we're going to have to get your pants off for it... is... is that okay? Do you trust me?"
the scars from such were on her right arm, usually covered by her sleeve.
Technically she could probably still leave them on, but she didn't want to poke more holes in her best friend's trousers if there was a simpler way to get the offending devices out of Jurishe's flesh.
Mood: Panicked!
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 2:01 am

Jurishe Chuyin

"Y-yeah," came the response through clenched teeth, "Just give me a sec..." Jurishe tried to shift her body on the ground, so that she was laying down, with her hips lifted. Carefully, she maneuvered to push her pants down. After a moment of struggling, she gasped, unable to hold herself up any longer.

"I need your help," She managed to get out, directed at Katara, "I can't lift and pull them off, at the same time..." Jurishe's strength was quickly ebbing, because of the pain, as well; it scared her.

Grabbing for her pack, instead, she tugged and pulled on it, until she was able to open it with one hand and pull her medical supplies out. They spilled onto the ground, but they were spread out for her to use at will, now. "Th - there," She gasped out in pain, letting her friend know that she was good to go, once her pants were removed.

Mood: Scared

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 2:18 am

Z. Katara Len

Katara was instantly helping her ease her pants off, because she did not want Jurishe to put more pressure on her legs and have them bleed out. soon, they were off and to the side, and Katara evaluated the wounds. rummaging through the various salves and oils that Jurishe had, she lifted each one to her nose and sniffed, shaking her head.

"no... no... hold on a moment." she paused after sniffing about 5 of them and not finding what she was looking for. rummaging through her own bag, she brought three different bottles to her nose, as she had to play guessing game with her own supplies too.

"Ah! this is the one..."
it was something of a local anesthetic, and it would numb the areas it was applied to. the numbness would gradually wear off, although excessive heat made it do so faster, and so since they were in a warm clime, she would have to move quickly.

"Guide my hands." she replied, "I'll help numb your legs and then we'll be able to pull these out without causing too much bleeding or pain. how... how many are there?"

as Jurishe guided Katara's hands to each of the stab wounds, Katara took them one at a time. first she applied dabs of the anesthetic to the area around the injuries, and then with an unusual precision she twists the spikes a certain way to cause as little damage as possible, and thanks to the numbing agent, Jurishe would hardly feel a thing.
She moved quickly and carefully, her own heart racing. She was half surprised that her breast hadn't fallen off from the pounding her heart was doing behind it.

once the spikes were out, Katara swore a few times at them, and then turned to Jurishe. "are any of these muscle relaxants or pain relievers?" she asked, indicating her remedies, which Katara herself was unfamiliar with, "I... how are you feeling, by the way...?"
she hoped that she had not done anything wrong. she was still worried, but was making good progress. "hang in there, Juri. hang in there!"
Scared? of course she was. She had lsot too many loved ones, and did not want to lose another, evne if the wounds were only superficial.
Mood: Anxious
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 2:27 am

Jurishe Chuyin

Snagging one of the other small canisters, Jurishe unscrews the top in a rush, starting to feel the onslaught of pain. Inside, there were several bunches of herbs, each one tied with a tiny sprig of another herb. Popping one into her mouth, she began to chew it quickly, working the concoction into her spit.

Though she swallowed most of it, Jurishe also grabbed another bundle, wetting it with her tongue before pressing it to a few of the worse holes in her leg, to staunch the bleeding. "I'm alright," She assured Katara, finally starting to breath normally, albeit still somewhat shallow.

Mood: Calming

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Taming the Fire
Page 3 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next