The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Taming the Fire

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

EXP : 12560

Character Description
Position: Story Collector
Nation: Water Tribes

Taming the Fire - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 5:59 pm

Jurishe Chuyin

Jurishe laughed at Katara's cannonball, but shook her head, staying on the bank. "I'll watch, this time... I'm not that hot." She did, however, dip her toes into the water, to soothe them after all this walking.

"Let me know if you want some rain," She offered with a grin, "I can sprinkle you a bit, if you do." Waterbending was an awesome thing, for water-time fun.

Mood: Happy
Condition: Injured and Hot

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

EXP : 128130
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Nobody
Nation: Fire Nation

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 6:32 pm

Z. Katara Len

"Alright!" Katara smiled. "feel free to join me though if you change your mind."
she swam around, her underwear no longer sticking to her skin. she was soaked solid, and loved every bit of it.
"Make it rain!" she laughed, referring to quite literally, rain (or sprinkling water at least). Despite being a firebender, Katara enjoyed water the most. She had an affinity for fire and the connections were there and such, but Katara loved water; getting wet, swimming, standing out in the rain, the whole deal. waterbending made for fun games, while firebending made for fun displays that were vivid enough that Katara could even "see" them with her heat sense. so it was an even trade off.
Condition: Hot, Sweaty, and Tired
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 12:42 am

Jurishe Chuyin

Lifting both arms over her head, Jurishe created two swirling pillars of water, making them stretch high above Katara's head. Then, spreading her hands out, the water began to spray froth from the top, raining down upon the other girl. It wasn't a hard or torrential rain; it was very much like a natural rain.

"How's that?" She laughed as she spoke, watching her friend's reaction.

Condition: Injured and Hot

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 12:58 am

Z. Katara Len

It was clear from the start that Katara's reaction was positive. she enjoyed the rain, and so she leaned her head back and let it sprinkle in her face, her wet curls floating in the water behind her.
"It feels great!" she called out. "Thanks!"

She would also have to hve Juri either guide her out or call out to her when she wanted to get out, because she didn't really know what part of the lake she was in anymore. She didn't care at the moment though.
Condition: Hot, Sweaty, and Tired
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 3:19 pm

Jurishe Chuyin

If Katara got a little too far out, in the lake, Jurishe would simply allow one of the raining pillars to rejoin the rest of the water, making a small, gentle wave to bring her back in the right direction. She took great care, however, that her friend never went other, or was startled. They would have continued like that, for a while, before the waterbender started to tire.

"Ready to head in?" She called out to Katara, letting the rain gradually slow to a stop.

Condition: Injured

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 3:31 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara played for a while like this, enjoying herself like a child splashing in rain puddles. She let the water and the waves guide her this way and that, and she lost track of where she was. She went under a few times to keep her face wet and refreshed.

"Aye." came her response when Jurishe offered for them to head in. It had been a long day but a rather pleasant one. "Uhm..." she called out, "can you keep calling out to me? I can't really tell where I am..."
She was humble to ask for this kind of help, but Katara was not necessarily arrogant anyways. She knew that there were things she could no longer do by herself, and one of the many reasons she loved Jurishe so much was because the older woman was always there to help her.
Condition: Tired but Refreshed
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 8:51 pm

Jurishe Chuyin

"Yeah, head this way, Katara," She called out, trying to guide her friend back to the shore, "Let me know if you want some waterbending help, okay?" Jurishe wouldn't be able to necessarily lift her up out of the water, but she could help it guide her in the right direction.

"How do you feel about having lunch?" Jurishe asks, thinking about it once again, "We haven't eaten since breakfast."

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 9:04 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara followed Jurishe's voice, also accepting her offer to help her find the shore with her waterbending. She didn't mind that at all; Katara loved the water, and was a good swimmer, despite being blind.

"Aye." she agreed. "Lunch does sound pretty good right about now."
She half expected to hear her stomach rumble right as she said it, but alas, it did not happen. However, that didn't mean that she wasn't still hungry.
"what else do we do on this island anyways?" she asked, "or are we going to be moving on soon?"
Condition: Tired but Refreshed
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 3:41 am

Jurishe Chuyin

"Let's talk about it over lunch?" Jurishe proposed, grabbing a few things out of her pack. Filling a pot with purified lake water, she began to boil it, getting ready to make a stew; it was hot, but it would be the easiest thing. Her plan was to just get them fed quickly.

Gesturing to a spot on the ground, in case Katara could sense her movements, she offered, "Go ahead and sit; I'll get this started." 

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 4:02 am

Z. Katara Len

"I like that idea." she smiled. as Jurishe filled the pot, Katara asked if she could light the fire, hoping that she had control enough to do so.
After an agreement and a few steps backwards, Katara took a deep breath and then shot a broad but gentle stream of flame at the target, setting a nice little cooking fire ablaze.
"I did it!" she squealed happily. "I did it!"

other than that, she heeded Jurishe's advice and sat patiently while she waited for her friend to finish the cooking. Katara was a patient girl. She was soaking wet as well, and so occasionally tugged at her undergarments to prevent them from drying and sticking to her, but otherwise seemed fine.
Condition: Soaked
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 4:07 am

Jurishe Chuyin

"You did it!" Jurishe gave a small cheer and a clap, "That was perfect! Just the right amount of heat!" While she didn't know exactly how much was really there, she knew that it was the perfect amount for a cooking power. "That's good control, Katara... I mean it."

Setting the pot over the fire, she waited for the water to boil before beginning to add things, starting to make seaweed noodles, from her Tribe. That way, she could add ice to them, to cool it off, and it wouldn't affect the flavor.

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 4:16 am

Z. Katara Len

Katara smiled as she sat down. "thanks, Jurishe." she nodded. "I'm... well, I'm glad that I'm not blowing myself up anymore. Not to say that your healing didn't feel very nice... but I don't like getting burned."

Katara waited patiently for the meal to cook, sniffing the air now and again to catch the various aromas, most of which were very pleasing to her. she was in no hurry to have it be finished, and so would patiently wait as long as necessary.
Condition: Soaked
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 5:47 am

Jurishe Chuyin

"No more burns," Jurishe agrees sternly, much like a big sister or a mother, "I'd rather not have to heal you at all... Seeing you all banged up was awful!"

Turning her attention back to the water - which was now boiling - she added the several different ingredients, starting to cook the broth and the noodles. Ice would be easy; she'd bend it from the lake.

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 6:14 am

Z. Katara Len

"No way!" Katara nodded her head vigorously. "the healing felt great, but I was hurting so bad in the meantime... I'll stay un-burned, thank you."
Sombering her tone a little, she added, "I'm sorry you had to see it."

her focus then returned to the food that was cooking, as the smell had reached her nose quite vividly now, and Katara was enjoying it, a smile on her face. She did not need to ask when it would be done--it would be done in time, and Katara was patient. No hurries here.
Condition: Soaked and Exhausted
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 3:57 pm

Jurishe Chuyin

Nodding in approval, Jurishe moved back to the food, stirring it a few times. Then, as she had planned, she took some water from the lake and froze little bites into chucks of ice. Placing noodles into a bowl, she added the broth and then the ice before passing it to Katara.

"You might want to let it cool a little," She warned, "Unless you firebending extends to your tongue?" Jurishe had no idea if it did or not.

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 4:02 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara listened to the sound of the boiling water, and of Jurishe bending the water, and the freezing and "plunk!" noise the ice made as it hit the soup.

"Nah..." she laughed, "I could maybe keep myself from eating something too cold, but it's not like I can magically cool something off."
She did take a deep, concentrated breath before spewing a small stream of fire from her mouth. She pointed her head upwards of course so she didn't blast her dear friend in the face. No, that would not have been good at all.

after a few minutes, she began to eat, fine with a little heat. she nodded up at Jurishe and smiled appreciatively to show that she approved of it.

Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 4:08 pm

Jurishe Chuyin

Fixing her own meal, Jurishe somehow managed to keep from jumping in surprise, at the fire breathing - which would have made her spill her portion everywhere. Letting it cool down, she waited until it was almost cool, because of the heat in the air, and then began eating.

It was good, but the taste of it was different. The water here, rather than in the South Pole, had a different taste to it.

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 7:14 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara's body slowly began to dry off, as she had made no effort to do so after getting out, nor had Jurishe offered, but the younger girl seemed okay with her current state.
She finished her food rather quickly, as she had been hungry, and even though she often didn't feel like it, she was still a growing girl.

She remained mostly silent unless Jurishe had a question, and would remain such until her friend was finish, as she saw no rush. It would just give her time to sit back and relax a little. She had had a long but full day.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 7:23 pm

Jurishe Chuyin

"So where do you want to go?" Jurishe asked, halfway through her meal, waiting for the remainder to cool down a bit more, "We're in the Fire Nation now, but I don't mind heading elsewhere, if you'd like."

Everything was pretty much up in the air, for the waterbender. While she didn't like being forcibly delayed, if it was her own choice, she didn't care when she moved.

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 7:36 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara spoke up when Juri asked her a question, not being one to leave someone hanging. "Well... if there are sights you wanted to see in the Fire Nation and such, then perhaps we should go through another city... Fire Fountain and the Capital probably have lots of festivities and places to dance too."
She was also fine with travelling other places; she just figured that if they wanted to see more Fire Nation, that they might as well do it now since that was where they were.

Her remark about seeing sights showed that clearly Katara was not offended by sight-related remarks or blind jokes. She handled her disability well.
By now her soup was also finished, and she smiled at Jurishe, giving her a small thank you for it as well.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 9:55 pm

Jurishe Chuyin

"I would like to visit the capital," Jurishe still wasn't pushing the 'sight' thing; it seemed rude to her, even if Katara didn't mind. "I would really like to see the palace... but I doubt that they'd let some random Water Tribe girl inside." She couldn't imagine, anyway.

Continuing on with her dinner, Jurishe began thinking about where else she'd like to go... Visiting the Northern Water Tribe crossed her mind, briefly.

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 10:04 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara nodded. "I could probably find my way back there... there's something about that place that always draws me back..."
It was where Katara was from. It was also where her house was, and while she was hesitant to ever visit it again, she realized that sometimes she would have to, and that more importantly, maybe she could use this as a chance to recover from her trauma.
The last time she had been there, she had not thought of cherishing her family for their lives, but instead was stuck dwelling on their deaths. Maybe her new outlook on things and the company of a loving friend could turn that around.

Katara was playing with her still-wet curls, most of the dripping of water from her body having stopped now. She waited for Jurishe to finish, and wondered her thoughts.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 7 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 12:21 am

Jurishe Chuyin

"We don't have to go," She amends quickly, noting the change in Katara, "There are a lot of places that I'd like to visit, just as much." Jurishe didn't know exactly why, but it was obvious that her friend wasn't thrilled about the idea of going to the capitol.

It was no huge loss, to her, really. She could always go later, or alone, or whatever else.

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 7 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 12:37 am

Z. Katara Len

"no, no! I didn't say that!" Katara exclaimed.
"besides... if you don't tackle your fear... it will always remain."
She knew that some of her trauma would always remain, but she had to at least outgrow the fear of going into her own house. Yes, if she could conquer her ridiculous firebending... she would have to do this too.

"we can go. it just had me thinking about things, is all. Honest."
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 7 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 12:41 am

Jurishe Chuyin

"You're sure?" Jurishe asked, watching her friend very closely, looking for signs of a lie, "I don't mind waiting, Katara... It's not a big deal. If there's something wrong, you know that you can tell me."

She hoped that the other girl knew, anyway. They were friends now; there didn't need to be any secrets. Though, Jurishe was a hypocrite, since she - technically - still had one; a small one.

Mood: Worried

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Taming the Fire
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next