The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Taming the Fire

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

EXP : 12560

Character Description
Position: Story Collector
Nation: Water Tribes

Taming the Fire - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 5:52 am

Jurishe Chuyin

Giving a delighted squeak, Jurishe wrapped her arms around Katara, absolutely thrilled. "That's great! I'm so glad to hear that!" She really was, too; so happy!

"Would you like some water?" She asked, reaching for her canteen, to offer it to her friend. Jurishe would also happily offer healing, if it was necessary, but she didn't think that it was: Katara seemed to be doing so much better.

Mood: Worried
Condition: Injured

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

EXP : 128130
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Nobody
Nation: Fire Nation

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 5:57 am

Z. Katara Len

Katara nodded. "aye, please." she requested, taking a long strong drink of water, which felt amazing as it cascaded down her throat.

"All I think I need now is maybe for you to throw me into some water or something." she chuckled. "I could use a cooling off. How about you?"
she slowly, slightly shakily got to her feet, taking Jurishe's hand, and picking up her bag and cane.

"You feeling alright too?"
Mood: Satisfied
Condition: Exhausted
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 6:02 am

Jurishe Chuyin

"I feel fine," Jurishe smiled, "But I think swimming is off the menu, for me... Salt water is really bad, for cuts, and I've got these big indents..." She trailed off with a sigh, "Next time, I'll join you. I promise."

She felt bad for leaving Katara hanging, but the ocean would not be good, right now. Her wounds would sting then and be sore later; it was just best avoided.

Mood: Happy

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 6:07 am

Z. Katara Len

Oh right. Salt Water. that thought hadn't really occurred to her.

"Oh... duh." she shook her head. "well... you and I need to find a good place where we CAN swim then." she insisted as she began to walk slowly back the way they came. "we need to celebrate somehow, right?"

She was not going to forget about it. Katara was one that was stubbornly perseverant. After all... that was part of why she was still alive.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 6:11 am

Jurishe Chuyin

"Yes!" Jurishe agreed whole-heartedly, "We definitely need to celebrate! Do you think the island has a river, or a lake, somewhere nearby?" While she wasn't looking forward to meandering through more traps, she could swim in fresh water.

Then, after a moment, she nudged Katara. "Hey," She grinned, "I'm proud of you, you know... For doing this, and giving it your best. I know you'll get it down pat, soon."

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 6:17 am

Z. Katara Len

Katara thought about it. "it has to... at least if there are any warriors living here... they'd need a fresh water source, wouldn't they?"
She was fine with a little scavenger hunt, so to speak, and began walking, fosucing her heat sense, and noticing that her body didn't heat up the way it did before. it surprised her, but she was also used to that staff of hers.

"thanks..." she replied sweetly "thanks for believing in me... and for helping me get here. I... I guess that might have been all I really needed. it reminded me of all the Firebender lore stories that my dad would tell me at bedtime..."
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 4:11 pm

Jurishe Chuyin

"You did great," Jurishe reiterates, her smile clear in her voice, "Soon, you'll be an amazing, full-fledged firebender." Not that she was saying she wasn't, already, but she was more mentioning the control that would go with it. "I'm sure of it," was her final vocal encouragement.

As they walked along the island, more and more of the ruins were visible, and so Jurishe described them all to Katara. It would take about an hour or two, but soon, the sound of running water could be heard. "There!" She pointed out of habit, but was already pulling Katara over to a large lake, which fed from a small river. "It's perfect!" Though she had never gone swimming in fresh water, Jurishe was excited.

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 5:26 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara smiled, knowing exactly what Jurishe meant.
"Thanks... I can;'t wait. it'll be nice to be able to use that power instead of always having to worry about it blowing up on me."

they continued to wander through the ruins, Katara mentally noting everything Jurishe described (and disarming the occasional trap), her ears perked, and soon they were following the sound of flowing water.
her eyes lit up when she finally said "there!" and happily, Katara let herself get pulled along, not really caring a great deal that both of them were injured or worn out. this would be a nice and relaxing outing for them.

"Well...?" she turned to her friend, removing her gloves for this one as well. "shall we jump in?" she playfully pushed Jurishe, but not enough for her to lose her balance or fall in.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 12:09 am

Jurishe Chuyin

When Katara playfully shoved at her, Jurishe grinned, moving her hands to bend a small stream of water from the lake. The water would be aimed at the other girl's exposed stomach, ready to splash!

"Last one in carries the other back!" She shouted out, as soon as she thought the water would hit her friend. Taking off at a run for the lake, Jurishe laughed and dove into the cool, clear water.

Mood: Playful

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 12:19 am

Z. Katara Len

When the cool water touched Katara's warm stomach, she shrieked!
"EEEEEE!" she squealed. "that's cold!"
it had mostly just surprised her. Still... it gave Jurishe enough of a head start that she beat the younger girl to the water. Katara decided to just jump right in, and so cannonballed off of a rock, hitting the water with a nice splash.

When she surfaced, those lifeless eyes of her seemed so vibrant and lively, even without any real features in them.
"Aaaahhhh...." she sighed happily. "this... this was definitely worth it, aye?" she nodded towards Jurishe, although was off by several degrees. her heat senses did not work when she was in the water.
Condition: Startled!
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 12:42 am

Jurishe Chuyin

Floating on the surface of the water, Jurishe hummed an affirmative, letting her eyes slip shut. "It was... I'm glad that things are working out for the best," She answers more articulately, "Soon, we'll be on the road again. Maybe to one of the air temples?"

Opening her eyes, she glances over at Katara, to see what she thought of that idea. While she never used 'look' or 'see' sayings around her friend - very much on purpose - Jurishe still thought using them, sometimes.

Mood: Playful

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 12:49 am

Z. Katara Len

Katara smiled. "aye... I definitely needed this... we need to swim more often." she playfully pushes her friend, which had minimal effect given that they were in the water.
"I could do with that... it'd be cool to see the Air Temples."

Most of the time Katara used visual words like look or see when joking around, but other times she just used them the way anyone else would. Katara was not offended by being blind. Sure she sometimes missed seeing the world, but there was nothing she could do about it now, so why complain about something she could not fix?

"especially the western one. They apparently have lots of interesting ties to the Fire Nation..."
Katara put ehr head under, wetting her lovely curls, and surfaced, flinging water behind her. Then she suddenly put a thinking face on, as if she was contemplating something.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 1:26 am

Jurishe Chuyin

"To the Fire Nation?" Jurishe glanced over at Katara, "How so?" Her friend might not even know, but she was curious to find out. There might be a story there, after all, seeing as how the Fire Nation had once tried to wipe all of the airbenders out. Though, to be fair, it was more Firelord Ozai who wanted them destroyed, rather than the Fire Nation.

Mood: Thoughtful

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 1:30 am

Z. Katara Len

"well, they tried to wipe them out again not long back." she indicated, referring to the war of tipped scaled, "but also... my dad told me that the girl who founded the Tekina-Kaze was originally born in the Fire Nation... just a few examples."

Even if one had not been to the Air Temples, they would still know of the fearsome and valiant Tekina-Kaze who stood as guardians of the Air Nomad Culture.

Katara put her head under again because it helped cool her off, but then continued with her conversation. "Besides... that temple is really close to the Fire Nation, right?"
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 3:19 am

Jurishe Chuyin

"Interesting..." It really was interesting to her, too. Jurishe had heard of the Tekina-Kaze very briefly, once before, but had no idea what they actually did or were. So... she decided to ask.

"What are the Tekina-Kaze? I've heard of them before, in passing, but I've never met one."

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 3:23 am

Z. Katara Len

"Oh!" Katara exclaimed, feeling slightly silly that her friend had not know. A lot of Fire Nationers, even before the war, had known of them, though that might have been because of their strong influence that emanated from the Western Air Temple. She had just assumed everyone knew what they did.

"They're sort of like an Air nomad Army. they're a group of strong airbenders who defend their temples... sort of like... defending their peaceful culture so that the rests of the airbenders can leave peacefully, or something?" she shrugged, not knowing fully herself, but hopefully she had given her friend a good basic idea.

she floated over to Jurishe just to be closer to her friend. besides, she was blind in the water, but she didn't care as long as she knew Jurishe was close by.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 3:45 am

Jurishe Chuyin

Jurishe hummed, thinking about that. "They made an army, to avoid another genocide?" She asks, looking over at Katara, and then to the shore. They had drifted a decent ways away, but she could still see that her things were on the shore, undisturbed.

While she didn't think that there were people here, she wasn't counting out animals and their mischief.

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 3:48 am

Z. Katara Len

"I think more kind of like the Dai Li, only not secret... not necessarily an army, but powerful enough to protect what they have..." she nodded. "that's all I really know about them--there were only a few, but they were proud and tough."

"oh..." she added, "and on a slightly less related note... remember that heat sense I told you about when we were helping remove those spikes from your legs? well... as of a couple minutes ago... I have learned it doesn't work in the water."
She said this with a chuckle to indicate that she was alright. She just wanted her friend to know this. Besides, even if she had controlled her flames, she was not necessarily keen with this sense yet.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 3:56 pm

Jurishe Chuyin

Laughing, Jurishe aimed a non-bending splash at Katara; a small wave of water that might push her off course. "Baby steps," She chided jokingly, "Two days ago, you couldn't even use those senses, remember?"

Continuing to float along, she contemplated what an airbending soldier force might look like. Her image was... conflicting. Monks in armor? Not mutually inclusive. Still, she'd like to see.

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 11:42 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara laughed, letting herself drift a little. "well... I heard even the masters couldn't use it in the water or in the cold... but I guess I'll learn for myself, aye?"

"whatcha thinking about?" she asked her curiously. She only vaguely remembered the Tekina-Kaze herself, most of her recollection and description coming from things her father had told her about them, herself. They were a surprisingly simple bunch, although only in their appearance. they were cunning and crafty individuals who were dangerous and deserved respect.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 11:54 pm

Jurishe Chuyin

"Pigs that can fly," Jurishe answered flippantly, saying the first thing that came to her mind, laughing right afterward. "No... I was thinking about the Tekina-Kaze. I always heard that airbenders were monks and nomads, but I guess that they're as different as anything else, huh?"

Reaching up, she brushed a few stray hairs back into the water. It wasn't a hard concept; just one that she'd never thought of, before. The waterbenders had their oddball swamp brothers and sisters... The firebenders had the sun warriors, and the earthbenders had.... well, they were all oddballs.

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 12:03 am

Z. Katara Len

it made Katara laugh. "you goofball!" she giggled, playfully splashing her. "Apparently they've grown a bit since the war... deciding they wanted to defend themselves, I guess? it would make sense, I think..."
and that was why Katara's theory was what it was.

"they seemed really cool to me. my dad said most of them were as friendly to him as any of the other Air Nomads. Although you're the friendliest person I've ever met." she smiled, bobbing over to Jurishe and giving her a loving hug.
Condition: Calm
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 12:17 am

Jurishe Chuyin

Jurishe hugged Katara with a smile, happy for the compliment. "You're my best friend, Katara; you know that, right?" She asked, teasing. She decided to forgo mentioning what little time that they had known one another; time didn't really matter, when it came to being close with someone.

After all, even if you knew someone for years, you might not be very close. Jurishe knew several people like that, back in her Tribe.

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 12:23 am

Z. Katara Len

Katara hardly cared about time at all. She had no real schedule of any kind, and while she had only been alive for about 16 short years, she felt like it had been about 30.

"I am glad... and you are easily my best friend ever!" she hugged the older girl.
"Even if or when we have to go our own separate ways... you will have to let me know where you go... so I can try to meet up with you again."
She knew that they couldn't stay together forever, but she did want Jurishe to be close by at least. If nothing else, they could be like those nigh-inseparable friends who got back together the first chance they got. that was what Katara hoped.
Condition: Calm
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 12:35 am

Jurishe Chuyin

"Oh, were you planning on ditching me?" Jurishe teased, tickling at Katara's sides under the water, "We at least have to take one more trip together, remember? We promised we would."

She had no problem with separating for a little bit... but Katara was her best friend, and she wouldn't want it to be for too long. Besides, it was her plan to collect stories, and she knew that the other girl would help her and bring them back, when they visited.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Taming the Fire
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next