The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Taming the Fire

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

EXP : 128130
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Nobody
Nation: Fire Nation

Taming the Fire - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 12:57 am

Z. Katara Len

"Aye, I'm sure." she nodded. "not secrets... just painful memories."
She didn't mind talking about them, other than that they were hard for her to cope with. Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder didn't exactly go easy on its victims sometimes.

"I trust you... it's just... I..."
she lowered her voice softly. "That's where I used to live... back when my family was alive."
She knew (or at least figured) that it would be enough of an explanation as to why Katara was somewhat aversive, but it was not a dislike; simply her trying to conquer a fear here.
Mood: Happy
Condition: Soaked and Exhausted
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

EXP : 12560

Character Description
Position: Story Collector
Nation: Water Tribes

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 3:38 pm

Jurishe Chuyin

Reaching over, Jurishe tried to take Katara's hand in her own. "I understand," was all that she could say. And she did; after he had died, she had a hard time going into Takeshi's old house, as well. Giving her friend's hand a squeeze, Jurishe promised, "I'll be with you. If you want to leave, or to just not go, we can."

After all, she was running, too. Living next door to that house, looking up to the window every day and seeing an empty room where her childhood friend had once waved each time she passed... it was too hard. It must be just as hard, if not harder, for Katara.

Mood: Worried
Condition: Injured

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 4:39 pm

Z. Katara Len

"aye..." she nodded, letting Jurishe take her hand. "I need to go. I just... I need to do this."
Pausing, she took a deep breath. "My mother was the last member of my family to die... and after she did, I came close to ending my own life. I had nothing going for me. I was powerless, blind, and alone. But... knowing that their sacrifices were for me kept me going. Their sacrifices were so that I could overcome my weaknesses. One of them was my bending, and the other was my fear. After they are conquered... then I am allowed to die."

Pausing, she realized how bad that sounded. "not to say that I'm going to go kill myself after this or anything... but just..."
she hugged Jurishe again. "please don't die. I... I owe you too much. First you help me conquer my bending, and now you're willing to help me conquer my fear..."
she paused and then thought of something. "do you have any weaknesses like that? You've always seemed so strong to me... and so I've always kind of felt that I would never be able to repay you..."
Katara could not really imagine Jurishe having any of the numerous weaknesses and fears that Katara had. She was a role model to the younger girl because she was tough, she was brave, and she was loving and gentle. Maybe Katara was delusional, but she saw all of that in the older woman, and she cherished it.
Mood: Concerned
Link: Katara

Last edited by Katara on Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 8 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 12:52 am

Jurishe Chuyin

While Jurishe had recovered from Katara's first statements - which had knocked her for a loop - she didn't really seem eager to answer her friend's question. "Ah... That. I... mostly... have.... one," Each word was drawn out, in awkwardness, "I don't usually - you know - talk about it." Jurishe didn't see any of those good qualities in herself; she saw a coward, and a failure.

She had told Katara about her past, and the dark smudge on it. While it wasn't as bad as her friend's many traumas, it was her only one, which made it her worst, and something that she hadn't gotten over.

Mood: Worried

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 8 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 1:36 am

Z. Katara Len

Katara nodded. "well... sometimes you just have to let it out. I'm not saying that you need to talk about it to everyone... but it's nice every once in a while to let your emotions loose in that regard."

pausing, she also smiled. "but don't worry. Take as long as you need. I certainly am and will."
She shifted next to Jurishe, rubbing her friend's bare back in a friendly manner. "That was certainly one place where the old witch helped me a lot. She was a really good listener. She told me how I could solve my problems. She told me to confront them in a place where I would have an advantage over them..."
pausing, she also remembered other words the old watebender had told her.
"But..." she added, "she also told me that she doesn't just tell that to everyone. She has different answers for everyone. She's kind of like... like..." she tried to think of a good analogy.

"...like a fortune teller! only... more like an... advice-giver? I don't know... sorry. I'm babbling again and not making any sense..."
lowering her head (not necessarily out of shame), Katara closed her mouth, relaxing and waiting for Jurishe to be finished. as soon as she was, Katara would be ready to go.

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 8 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 2:59 am

Jurishe Chuyin

There was that witch again; something about the mention of her made Jurishe have that same feeling as before. "Maybe... we should go find her?" She ventures, starting to pack everything up once again, "For our trip? Do you have any idea of where she might be? Anything at all?" Jurishe could almost remember her friend saying something about her being a waterbender, so the Northern Tribe might be the best place to start looking.

In the meantime, Jurishe could almost feel herself becoming more melancholy. She didn't like thinking about the last few days she spent at the South Pole... it was depressing, for her. When Takeshi had died, she didn't want to look across the path and see his home, and the unoccupied window where he used to wave down at her, as she approached. Reaching shakily, she clutched at the pocket of her jacket, hoping that Katara wouldn't be "looking" with her new senses, just now. She wasn't prepared to tell the whole story - not now.

This witch... If she could tell her what to do, Jurishe would listen. She may not take the advice, but she would never turn it down.

Mood: Depressed

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 8 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 4:24 pm

Z. Katara Len

She shrugged. "I'm fine with it if you are."
pausing, she just realized something that would likely greatly discourage, if not eradicate all chances of visiting her altogether.

"although... except for the rare times when she visits Caldera City or Ba Sing Se... she lives in the Southern Water Tribe."
The notion didn't bother Katara in the slightest, but it surely bothered Jurishe just as the older girl was fine with seeing the Fire Nation Capital while Katara was very hesitant.

"Then again..." she raised an eyebrow. "I swear she reads minds. If she knew we were looking for us, she'd probably appear behind us right about... now."
Of course, there was nobody behind Katara, but the younger girl had honestly considered Zurok randomly appearing there to be a legitimate possibility. In truth, Zurok could not actually read minds, but she did have a reputation of appearing when she was talked about. however, she too was constrained by the same reality that everyone else alive was; and so she could not just magically appear behind someone.

"you ready to go?" she asked, "um, back to the boat, I mean? are we just going to stay dressed like this? we can talk more while we walk, if you want?"
Katara was actually A-OK with not putting her clothes back on. with her high body temperature, she always felt a little more comfortable when she wore less, but she wasn't about to sell herself as some sort of two-bit tramp. She was fine with it since they were basically like sisters anyways and no one else was around.

She waited for Jurishe's answer, not exactly being the kind of person to lead or even want to lead others.

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 8 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 5:37 pm

Jurishe Chuyin

Now that... Jurishe found odd. She'd heard nothing of a witch who lived in the Southern Water Tribe, all while she was growing up. "You're sure?" She asked, in regards to the locations, "If there was a witch in the Southern Tribe, she didn't make it very well known, at all... I've never even heard of one, there." It was, of course, possible that she didn't know, because she never really mingled with the rest of her Tribe, very often - only for training, on occasion.

"If you're ready to go, we can leave... This was for you, after all," Jurishe smiled at Katara, "I'm ready whenever you are." Then, after a pause, "Though, we might have to go to Caldera City, or Ba Sing Se, now, you know." It was said almost teasingly.

Mood: Thoughtful

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 8 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 7:06 pm

Z. Katara Len

"I call her a witch because that was how she described herself to me." Katara shrugged, "I heard that a lot of the rumors about her were false, but I don't know a great deal about her even now. She should be there though... she just minds her own business most of the time."

To Katara, no one was more mysterious than Zurok Mia Takamatzu except perhaps herself (from her own perspective, anyways).
"I'm ready if you are." she agreed, "and hey... if you want to hit up Caldera City, let's do that first. It's just right south of here, and it'd be on our way to the South Pole anyways. Saves time?" she shrugged, assuming it would be efficient that way, but at the same time, having doubts about herself and being able to visit the residence of her parents. But... if Jurishe wished to go there, she owed the older woman at least that. Besides... if Zurok was not in the south pole... she would be in a major city like Caldera City or Ba Sing Se.
Unbeknownst to Katara, Zurok had actually been to Ba Sing Se just recently*, and so the chances of them crossing paths with the old witch on the way south was very high.

"after you?" she collected her clothes and belongings, not putting them on at the moment (except her gloves), and waiting for her friend.

[OOC--one of Zurok's other threads has her travelling to Ba Sing Se, so... I'm just going to pull a (Zelda) timeline and say that she has just been there recently and so is unlikely to be there now]
Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 3:58 pm

Jurishe Chuyin

Slinging her bag over her shoulder, Jurishe was still contemplating, her smile fading away, since Katara couldn't really see. It was... a long shot, sure. Finding a moving target was supposed to be more difficult anyway, but to also find them in a place she'd never been? Yes, that would be rather hard.

"We can try..." She ventured, finally, reaching over to take Katara's hand, to lead her away from the water, and the island, back toward their boat, "Nothing else... we'll get to visit more cities along the way, right?" Her tone lightened and became rather happy, toward the end of her sentence, and her smile returned, though perhaps slightly forced.

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 4:49 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara smiled softly as Jurishe took her hand, and listened to what she had to say. She remembered their excursions in the Fire Nation, and they made her smile.
"well aye... and we can go to places where they sing and dance in those other cities, right?" her face brightened a bit.

Life was difficult for Katara--she had learned to accept that several years ago. However, she had learned much more recently that it did not have to all be bad. She was no mind reader, and so was not really aware of what was going through Jurishe's thoughts, but she seemed happy enough. She had accomplished much, and was with a very close friend. That was enough for her, for the time being.
Mood: Happy?

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 5:09 pm

Jurishe Chuyin

"Of course," Jurishe agreed with a nod, "Nothing wrong with taking a break to dance, whenever we can, right?" It's not like they were in a hurry, since their goal was rather vague, excepting to find the witch. Even that, however, was a bit uncertain.

Once they had reached the boat, she helped Katara into it, along with their luggage, and prepared to shove off. "Need anything else, before we go?" Jurishe asked, stopping to let down and then do her hair back up.

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 5:21 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara smiled brightly again. "of course!" she beamed. "especially if... if well, we're going to places that might cause us... trouble? grief? I dunno the word off the top of my head."
she shook her head to shrug those feelings off.
"dancing's really fun though... I loved it and definitely want to do it some more."
times like this were when the young teenager in Katara showed through the best. it was sort of her her last grasp for a childhood that she had had destroyed.

"well..." she said in response to Juri's question, "I'm not sure where exactly where we're going to land... but maybe we should get dressed?"
she had added the maybe not to be sarcastic or anything, but beacuse frankly, if Jurishe was okay with staying in her skivvies, so was Katara.
Mood: Happy?

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 5:58 pm

Jurishe Chuyin

Looking down at her own sarashi underclothes, Jurishe nodded, conceeding that it would be a good idea. "Yeah... just in case the beach is more crowded today, or we miss it and hit the village," She agreed.

With that, she grabbed her clothes, starting to pull them on, but leaving off all of the fur trim, putting on only the very lightest layer, to keep herself as cool as possible, now that she had to be dressed. She'd be fine with staying in underthings too, provided that people wouldn't see her; but they might, which was the problem.

Mood: Good

Last edited by Jurishe on Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 6:57 pm

Z. Katara Len

Maybe it was because she was blind, or because it was also what she usually swam in, but Katara never really minded. however, when Jurishe clothed herself, Katara did the same, including those plated gloves she wore to help protect her arms better when firebending. she left her boots off though.

"fair enough." she nodded, waiting for Jurishe to help her into the boat, "make sure you stay cool though, okay?" she was still concerned about her friend, and her well-being meant a lot to Katara.

"so do you know where we'll end up landing first?" She knew that it wasn't going to be the Fire Nation Capital right off the bat unless they went through those massive gates again (unless they travelled by land). It was just a curious question anyways. if Juri didn't know, Katara would accept that as a valid answer.

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 8:47 pm

Jurishe Chuyin

"After this?" Jurishe asked as she pushed off, getting the boat into the water before hopping in, herself, and grabbing an oar, "Well, we'll hit that village and head out from there... Maybe we can get a wagon or something; are there arctic camels down this far, or something like it?" She wasn't opposed to walking, but getting a ride would be nice.

Then, after a moment, "Or we could find a caravan, to hitch a ride with. They usually want something in return, but that's always negotiable."

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 9:11 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara was slightly confused, but she worked with what she understood as she grabbed the other oar and rowed on the opposite side.
"I thought that you had to sail to the Water Tribes?" she shrugged, "it's not a solid land journey like it is from Omashu to Ba Sing Se, is it?"
that was not how she remembered it, but maybe her memory was hazy or she wasn't remembering correctly what she had seen.

"I forgot... are we going south first, or to the capital?" referring to the Fire Nation capital of course. The latter was obviously closer and not so far out of their way, but if the south was more important to Juri, Katara was fine with putting off her fears a bit longer. She did seem excited when Juri had mentioned dancing then--that had always done well at lifting Katara's sweet spirits.

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 8 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 7:25 pm

Jurishe Chuyin

"We're taking care of you first, silly," Jurishe confirmed, rowing in time with her Blind companion as best she could, "Then we'll go witch-hunting, so to speak." Katara should get the joke, unless she really was imagining Jurishe dressed up like a Water Tribe hunter, looking for a witch to poke an arrow into.

Their journey back to shore was uneventful, and saw them at the beach rather than the village, as Jurishe had first predicted. "Alright... Let's get their boat back, and then we'll supply and go?" She suggested, remaining in the boat rather than disembarking, waiting for Katara's answer.

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 8 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 7:40 pm

Z. Katara Len

"Oh!" Katara blushed, "um, alright then... but then I REALLY owe you." she insisted, and while she sounded nice about it, shaking Katara off until she felt her debt had been paid would be a very trying task. she did chuckle though, getting the joke. even calling Zurok a witch didn't necessarily feel accurate, but it'd have to do.

nodding when they got to the beach, she indicated that they should disembark. "I'm right behind you." she nodded, honestly still not 100% sure where they were going. even if they were heading to the capital, what would Katara do? 'look' at her house? And what then? there was an aura to that place... almost as if Katara could still hear the sounds of some of the last days of her life there... she swore it. At the same time, thinking about it like that made it seem like an irrational fear almost, which made Katara want to get rid of it that much more.

"where we gonna spend the night?" she asked curiously, taking her mind off of her own thoughts.
Condition: Exhausted

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 8 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 9:49 pm

Jurishe Chuyin

Jurishe shook her head, when Katara mentioned owing her for the trip back to the Capitol. "Nope... You don't owe me for something that I want to do. Gratitude for that is not allowed." The last part was said with a laugh, showing it to be another joke; she was trying to keep things light, for now.

At the question, however, Jurishe sighed, "The fishing village is probably our best option, but it's pretty small... I'm not sure they have an inn or anything like that. They might be able to tell us if there's a town within walking distance, though."

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 8 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 10:00 pm

Z. Katara Len

"nuh!" Katara stuck her tongue out at the older girl, stubbornly refusing to take that to heart, but smart enough to know when not to argue. it was also playful--well, more childish than anything, but hopefully it didn't come off the wrong way.
"there usually is, if my memory of the Fire Nation serves me still." Katara smiled. "it sounds like a plan for me. maybe we can tell stories tonight if there's nowhere to dance?"
she sounded hopeful, but was used to disappointment even if it was beyond her (or Jurishe's) control. It didn't mean she couldn't ask or suggest it though. She had her own wants, likes, and dislikes just like anyone else, after all.

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 3:08 pm

Jurishe Chuyin

"You know I love stories," Jurishe smiled, reaching to take Katara's hand to finally help the younger girl out of the boat, "I think I have one that you'd like to hear...~" Her last was said in a very slight sing-song voice, as if to tantalize until that evening.

Once her friend was safely disembarked, with her toes in the sand, Jurishe double-checked the boat, to ensure that there was nothing that had fallen in, or been left behind to be lost. "All set," She nodded, after a moment, "Let's get going, before it gets too dark for me to walk." She would rather not trip over everything in her path; Katara was the only one with a fancy walking stick around here.

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 3:35 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara smiled as she was helped out of the boat, her bag slung across her shoulder, but she kept her mouth closed. She was devoid of a good comeback or complaint for Jurishe's teasing, and so she stayed quiet.

"Right beside you." she nodded, pausing to focus a bit to see if those senses she had discovered on the island were exclusive. They were not.
"Juri, I *will* carry you if it comes to that... just keep being my eyes, and we'll make it somewhere for the night."
She was walking as she said this though; no point in play-arguing and standing around when they could play-argue while walking, yes?
since they had all of their things, it seemed both of them were ready to go, and thus began their little walk.

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 8 EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 1:13 pm

Jurishe Chuyin

Their pace through the sand and underbrush was actually quite fast; in no time at all, they had reached the small village. The inn was small, with only two rooms, but each one was empty. "Do you care which one we take?" Jurishe asked, looking down at Katara, "I figure we only need one, right? We can share." They had done so, so far, anyway.

She was already taking out the coins to pay for the room, placing them on the counter. The woman accepted them gratefully; it seemed that she owned the inn, but also worked the fishing lines, for her real living, as her hands were hard with work.

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 8 EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 3:22 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara was small and thin, but she was fast. she also had a brisk pace at which she walked, usually taking long strides. She was not terribly surprised at how suddenly it seemed that they had arrived, but she didn't complain either.

"not at all," was her reply to the question. She was more than okay with sharing a room, since they had been doing that anyways, and they were practically like siblings now anyways what with their relationship.
she was about to open her mouth to protest Jurishe paying, but decided against it; instead quietly waiting behind her friend. she yawned once, realizing just how exhausted she was from the day's events.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Taming the Fire
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next