The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Taming the Fire

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

EXP : 128130
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Nobody
Nation: Fire Nation

Taming the Fire - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 12:56 am

Z. Katara Len

Katara gasped. "Spirits no! I wouldn't want to. I'd be all alone and sad and upset again. please don't leave me, Juri!"
her words were sincere, incidentally, but she kept her tone confident enough.

"If nothing else, stories follow me everywhere. so do events and people. I couldn't ever stay alone if I tried. if I don't go to people, people come to me, and I get caught up in something crazy!"
she chuckled softly, rubbing Jurishe's back as if to just verify that she was still there beside her.
Mood: Happy
Condition: Calm
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

EXP : 12560

Character Description
Position: Story Collector
Nation: Water Tribes

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 2:33 am

Jurishe Chuyin

"I'm not going to leave you," Jurishe smiled, reaching to take Katara's hand, so that she'd know she was still there, "When you get a master, though, you'll be busy training... You won't have time for me to stick around, or to come travel with me."

It was true, and she didn't want to keep Katara away from learning her firebending... The dragon she had made was amazing, and Jurishe knew that her friend had great talent.

Mood: Thoughtful
Condition: Injured

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 2:42 am

Z. Katara Len

Katara did take comfort in Jurishe holding her hand, but frowned when she said what she did.
"Then I don't want to do that." she shook her head defiantly. "Without you... I don't have anyone else... I don't want to go back to being alone in this world... it's... it's not very fun..."
where 'fun' meant enjoyable.

"Although..." she said somewhat hypocritically, "I guarantee that if I followed you when you mastered healing, that I'd get myself into whole loads of trouble in the Water Tribes or something... I usually do whether I want to or not..."
Katara had actually not had very much interest in mastering firebending. She just wanted to be able to use it proficiently without hurting herself. Now that she was nearly done with that goal, she had minimal interest in going farther than that. Not necessarily her best choice, but it was the one the stubborn teen currently had.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 3:19 am

Jurishe Chuyin

Jurishe blinked, "You don't want to master firebending?" That seemed very strange, to her. Where she came from, everyone wanted to master their craft, and only stopped when something prohibited them; an injury, or marriage, or having a baby. Even then, they usually continued, later in their lives.

"Are you sure, Katara..?" She coaxed.

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 3:28 am

Z. Katara Len

Katara shook her head. "No... not if it means doing so all by myself." she indicated. "I... I do like my alone time like most introverts do... but it is good to have someone there to talk to when I need it... Jurishe... I guess I... I've just grown too attached to you."

This of course, being in a friendly, sibling-like manner and little more. "I am not ready to leave you yet. I... I need more time. please?"
She gave what could almost be described as a puppy-eyed expression at Jurishe, really hoping that they could stay together for much longer, if she had any say in it.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 12:26 am

Jurishe Chuyin

"Then we'll stick together, at least for a while yet," Jurishe agreed, giving the smaller girl a big hug, "I like traveling with you, too. We won't split up, okay?"

She was telling the truth about it, too. After making her way alone, being with someone else was comforting and made her feel better, as well. Talking to someone other than the air, or herself, or imagining showing everything to her childhood friend... was a little strange.

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 12:32 am

Z. Katara Len

The younger girl heaved a sigh of relief and seemed especially comforted with the hug. "Good... because I want to stay with you for a long time. I can learn firebending any old time... as long as it's not trying to kill me, I am not in any rush to suddenly become a master."

Besides, she was only about 16. she had plenty of time left provided she didn't suddenly die or something.

Katara was glad that she had company. Even introverts had friends they liked being with--they were often few, but those who were their friends were often extremely close ones that they enjoyed the company of, such was Jurishe for Katara.

"Thanks again..." she smiled happily. "I love you, Juri."
It was said in a sisterly mode, but Katara really couldn't think of another way to say it.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 2:04 am

Jurishe Chuyin

"Love you too, kiddo," Jurishe grinned, teasing her friend just a bit, "I never had a sister... but I always wished I had. That's you, now, for me; my little sister." Then, hesitating, "I hope that's okay..?"

If it wasn't the older girl would pull back quite a bit, but she thought that Katara would be okay with it. That's how they acted, or that's how Jurishe had interpreted their friendship.

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 3:01 am

Z. Katara Len

Katara smiled, remembering her younger siblings. One of them had been a sister, but she had been young when they got her. It was a terrible thing to remember.
Katara's love for Jurishe was certainly not romantic, and so sisterly sounded just about right. So instead of remembering the horrific day when her sister had been killed. She smiled at Jurishe.

"That is exactly how I felt about you!" she replied happily, "well... you'd be my bib sister... but aye. That is the way I love you. You're like my big sister, and that's why I want you to stay with me." she squeezed Jurishe happily again.

She also added, "you're a really beautiful big sister too..." she sighed gently, resting her head on Jurishe's shoulder the way a sibling would. Katara very much had that type of behavior down.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 4:28 am

Jurishe Chuyin

Jurishe would never draw attention to Katara's blindness by pointing out that she couldn't see her, to tell if she was beautiful. Instead, she just hugged the other girl back.

Several hours later, Jurishe was bending the water from her clothes and hair, replacing it to the lake; such a practical application of it. "Would you like me to dry you off?" She asked Katara, fully willing to do the same to her friend.

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 4:34 am

Z. Katara Len

Katara was fine with blind jokes, so to speak, as long as someone didn't crush her feelings with something by reminding her she was blind or something. Visuals didn't offend her though, although with her new heat senses, she wanted to feel Jurishe... know for sure how pretty her new big sister was. That would come with time.

after several lovely hours of cooling off and splashing around, they emerged from the pool, Katara looking somewhat adorable with her skinny frame all huddled and dripping wet, her thick, heavy curls almost looking like they were what was giving her the hunched posture she had at the moment.
"Aye... that might be nice. leave a little dampness in my hair though if you can?" she asked.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 6:06 am

Jurishe Chuyin

Complying as best she could, Jurishe pulled the water from Katara's skin, underwear and hair - though she did try to leave a little. Once she was dry, Katara would have a decent amount of water left in her hair, though maybe a little more than she'd thought.

"Oh... would you like me to take some more?" She asks, reaching out to touch the still-dripping hair.

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 6:15 am

Z. Katara Len

Katara tugged at her sarashi underwear to keep it from sticking to her body and showing off every feature she had underneath, and mainly because that was always uncomfortable. otherwise she was okay with things the way they were.

Stepping back and shaking her hair by whipping it back and forth, Katara giggled.
"I think that's perfect!" she smiled, having stepped back to not splash her friend. "Thanks, Jurishe!"
She walked back over to her friend, hugging her, her warmth noticable, but not hot at all. She was still slightly hotter than normal, but nit seemed she had cooled a bit compared to the time before she had controlled her bending.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 4:25 pm

Jurishe Chuyin

"Now... shall we get back to that spot?" Jurishe asked, running her fingers through her hair, to comb out the dry mass, "Do you want to do some more, there? Practice?"

Whatever Katara wanted to do was fine, but she wanted to give her as much time as she needed. Bending couldn't be rushed; it was part of who they were and so discovering it was like discovering a piece of yourself that you never knew was there... Or, in this case, that had previously bitten you in the butt more times than you could count.

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 6:10 pm

Z. Katara Len

"What spot?" she asked for a moment, not sure what Jurishe meant for a moment before her mind swiftly processed her an answer. Perhaps because of her worldly experiences, both wanted and unwanted, Katara was a very smart young woman. This and those same experiences were probably why the youngster felt like she was closer to 30 instead of 16.

"Oh that spot... I..." At first she had planned on saying no, but then figured that it would be for the best. That, and Jurishe would be with her.
"Aye... that'd probably be best." she consented, "should we get dressed, or just go as is?"
She was fine with either one, really. they were both girls and unofficially sisters anyways, so even if Katara could 'sense' Jurishe thanks to her newly discovered ability that was developing thanks to her budding control over her power, she did not mind it either if her waterbender friend didn't.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 6:52 pm

Jurishe Chuyin

"I'll stay like this," Jurishe decides, "It's nice and cool... This place is warmer than anything I'm usually used to." Wiping her brow with the back of her hand, she then turns to start gathering up her clothes and her pack.

Then, with a smile, "You're getting the hang of it, though; we probably won't have to be here much longer, right? Then we can head off into the wide world."

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 7:07 pm

Z. Katara Len

"me too then." she squeezed Jurishe happily, lifting her off the ground for a moment in a bear hug. Setting her down moments later, she grinned. "Aye! This is a lovely place, but I hope that I can keep control over my bending more indeed..."
holding out her tattooed hand, she smiled at Jurishe again with those glazed eyes. "Want to lead us back there? we set off all the traps already..."

Pausing she also thought about it. "how's your legs, by the way?"
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 10:28 pm

Jurishe Chuyin

Reaching for Katara's hand, she began to lead her, before answering the other question, even. Once they'd moved a few feet, Jurishe gave a nod, "I feel fine, for now. I'll probably have to dress the wounds, before we get back in the boat, and chew another herb packet, but I'll be alright... don't worry."

When they made it back, she released the smaller girl's hand, gesturing her forward. "Alright... let's see those flames," She teased, moving to sit back down on the short outer wall.

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 10:42 pm

Z. Katara Len

"Good." she nodded, "because you better not be too hurt." she teased, but she meant it. She cared everything for Jurishe, happy that she could sort of fill the massive hold in Katara's life of both a friend and someone close enough to call family.

Katara smiled back at her, walking towards the center of the ring again. "Alright." she declared. "here goes!"

breathing deeply and carefully, Katara produced two massive flames on her hands again. Her flames were still very large, but she had more control over them than before, and throughout her vigorous performance, she managed to hold her control well enough.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 1:33 am

Jurishe Chuyin

Jurishe clapped and cheered at appropriate moments, never wanting to break Katara's concentration. If she distracted her friend, the results might be awful; one or both of them could get burned badly.

She did continue to look around, however, wondering if anyone else ever came to this secluded spot...

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 1:49 am

Z. Katara Len

Katara smiled, dedicating herself to this mastery. She definitely had potential, and she was fine with tapping it as long as she was with a friend. For her, those were difficult to come by.

She was able to successfully control her flames, this time even better than the last. It seemed that what had happened was that she had had a mental block of some sort before this, and it was now lifted and gone.

After a long time of practicing, Katara turned to her friend. "Maybe one last little dip to cool off... please?" she smiled. She would have been fine with just going back, but she was read and dripping with sweat from her rigorous training and the heat involved. If anything, Jurishe would have voiced a concern if Katara had not just done so.
Condition: Hot, Sweaty, and Tired
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 2:03 pm

Jurishe Chuyin

"Of course!" Jurishe jumped up from the wall, already holding her canteen in both hands, "I was going to suggest a drink, once your flames had died down a bit." Moving toward her friend, she pressed the familiar item into Katara's hands, "We'll get back down to the lake once you get some water in you."

While she wasn't trying to mother the younger girl, she did worry about her in much the same way. Fire was something that Jurishe respected and almost feared, and she didn't want anything to happen to Katara.

Mood: Concerned

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 4:09 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara might have normally felt offended at someone trying to baby her, but the motherly love that Jurishe provided her was something she felt she needed and was okay given her trust of the waterbender. After all, while she might not have felt it, she was in fact still a child.

taking the canteen, she nearly drained it, making a refreshed "ahhh!" noise once she finished.
"Aye... that was wonderful... thank you. Shall we get going then?"
Even with water in her, Katara was still red and sweaty, and her undergarments were starting to stick to her because of it.it was slightly uncomfortable, but she knew that once they reached the lake, such discomfort would be alleviated.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 5:19 pm

Jurishe Chuyin

Taking her hand, Jurishe smiled, "Yeah, let's go." She would lead her friend back to the lake - thankfully she remembered where it was, in relation to their current position - and they could take another dip. Or she could watch Katara swim, or something.

Also, if they were able, she had thought about making lunch. The water from the lake could be purified and used to make stew or soup - or something cooler, since it was so blasted hot.

Mood: Concerned
Condition: Injured and Hot

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 5:33 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara was patient, and quietly but happily followed Jurishe back to the lake.
"I have to admit this has been quite a day." she laughed lightly, "a little panicky at first, but otherwise,m it's been a day of roaming the island in our underthings."
it was a funny thought, but Katara was one of those people that would walk around in her underwear everywhere if she could get away with it. She was just so damned hot all the time.

After they reached the lake, Katara let go of Jurishe's hand,dropped her things, and then cannonballed into the lake, not coming back up for a full 20 seconds. when she did, she flipped her hair rather ungracefully, and so it just flopped back into her face and into the water. She seemed very happy though.
"It feels amazing!" she smiled,. "you coming in, Juri?"
She would understand if her waterbender friend declined. She was probably not as hot as Katara was.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Taming the Fire
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next