The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Taming the Fire

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
AuthorMessage
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

EXP : 128130
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Nobody
Nation: Fire Nation

Taming the Fire - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 10 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 4:55 am

Z. Katara Len

It was not like Katara was ever going to refuse service if she could not pay back the benefactor or anything; it was just something programmed into her, that she could not simply shrug off. She was not necessarily even counting good deeds or anything either; she just wanted to make sure that Jurishe knew that Katara was grateful and that it meant a lot to her.

"oh, don't worry about it," Katara shrugged dismissively in a very Jurishe-like manner, "you know about it now, and I'm still alive and well, so that's good, right?" While Katara was plenty intelligent, she was still young, and some things were slow to get through her head, such as the notion of someone not wanting to be repaid for an act of kindness. Perhaps if Jurishe wanted to talk about it Katara would listen, but otherwise she was fine as she relaxed.
"that feels really good too," she added, "almost like a massage with ice and really cold water..."
Mood: Calm
Condition: Tired; Cooling Down
Link: Katara

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

EXP : 12560

Character Description
Position: Story Collector
Nation: Water Tribes

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 10 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 11:28 am

Jurishe Chuyin

That made Jurishe laugh a little bit; she and Katara both were so accepting (or perhaps dismissive) of the other's worries. "Other than you, I haven't healed many firebenders," the waterbender admitted, though she was sure that Katara could've guessed that already, "So I wasn't even sure if this would help... Maybe it's not helping the problem, but at least it's helping you deal with the symptoms, right?"

It was her own admission that had Jurishe sighing a moment later. "I think... I need to find a healer to teach me further, eventually - if I'm going to be a competent medic myself."

Mood: Reassured
Condition: Tired

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 10 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 12:54 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara chuckled. "well, not very many of us go that far south... or north for that matter." she chuckled, "or I'd guess anyways." maybe they did? travelling was much more common these days without a war.
"I think it's helping." Katara shrugged, "it definitely feels good. I think it's just a body heat problem that comes from my inability to fully regulate my power yet... it used to be a lot worse before you came along... so... thanks again?" It was true that Katara did not have full control over her power yet, but she was getting there. She was still young though, and so had plenty of time to be able to master it.

"well hey," Katara chuckled, "we went out of our way to help me control my firebending... so if our next adventure is to find you a healer... I'm game." this was not just an excuse for Katara to want to "repay" Jurishe, but a genuine interest in seeing her friend improve her skills. Besides... it would probably also be good for her.

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 10 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 10:04 am

Jurishe Chuyin

"It might be a good idea," Jurishe admitted, "Especially if I'm going to keep monitoring your condition... it'd help if I knew how to do that, you know?" She laughed, "Or any such 'monitoring' won't be very helpful." While the young waterbender knew a lot about the human body, and even quite a bit about the flow of waterbending energy in the body, she knew nothing about how firebending energy moved inside a firebender. That was first on her list of things to learn.

Humming, she continued her massage, but was gradually raising the temperature, going from actual ice to simply 'extremely cold'. "I think it'd be best to find someone here in the Fire Nation," She ventured, once she had decided, "Even though I didn't finish my general training, healing a firebender, specifically, is something that I know nothing about."

Mood: Thoughtful

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 10 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 12:42 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara couldn't help but keep that little smile on her face. "well... usually my skin tends to do a good job at telling you that. I know I can't obviously go around in my skivvies everywhere, but it shows on my face I think..." she wouldn't know, but she figured her face turned red once she felt it getting hot. Then again, she also had very dark skin, which might have made noticing trickier.

"hmm..." she mused aloud, "well, I'm almost positive that this is certainly not normal, even for firebenders. I don't think that all of us are the types to get overheated from using a bending move or two... otherwise we'd get whooped in fights with ease." she chuckled. "but aye... I think we could find someone... regardless of where we go."

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 10 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 4:36 pm

Jurishe Chuyin

Jurishe reduced the amount of chill she was putting out once again, starting to get the young firebender's temperature stabilized - hopefully it wouldn't rebound right up to 'boiling'. She knew, of course, that this couldn't be normal, but there must be some sort of reason... something wrong that she could fix. Jurishe didn't know if she could handle not being able to save another friend, should the worst come to pass for Katara.

"Well," She began, now sitting back and allowing the cool water to slide over Katara's skin solely with the aid of her waterbending, "It couldn't hurt to try. In any case, if I at least understand how firebending works a bit better, I should be able to help a bit better, too."

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 10 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 10:43 pm

Z. Katara Len

While she did not say it, Katara actually felt the same way about Jurishe, not entirely sure how she she would be devastated if anything were to happen to Jurishe, and she was growing exceptionally attached to her (in a platonic, sibling-like way. Katara very well might have been asexual with how little interest she had shown in that regard.

but that was not important right now. what mattered was that Katara was feeling better and was not likely to go right back to boiling or anything the moment Jurishe stopped.
"Well... any ideas on how to do that?" she was not trying to sound pessimistic; jsut curious if Jurishe had a plan. If not, maybe she could come up with something?

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 10 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 11:01 pm

Jurishe Chuyin

"Not unless we can find a library," Jurishe confessed, "I'm not sure who would know something like that... Maybe I can just go hang around an apothecary or a clinic, in a bigger city?" Sparing a hand for a moment, to run it through her hair, Jurishe took in a deep breath and let it out as a sigh, "Or get a part time job at one, maybe. I wonder if they'd take a Water Tribe trainee with no credentials?"

It was an interesting thought; having a job. She'd never had one for real, back in the Southern Water Tribe, except for her apprentice duties.

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 7:04 am

Z. Katara Len

Katara shrugged at the notion. "well... the biggest cities in the Fire Nation would be the Capitol city obviously, and then perhaps the City of the Red Maiden... I think the latter is closer... and easier to get into. Don't cite me on this or anything though."

Katara felt really guilty when Jurishe mentioned getting a job, because it reminded her that there was little she could do in that regard. "I wish I could help in some way..." she sighed, "I'd hate for you to have to do all this just for me... times like this make me wish I wasn't blind..." she sighed, swinging her feet. Sure, self-pity was not normally her thing, but she was suddenly reminded of how helpless she was sometimes, even if it was beyond her control.
Mood: Kinda Feeling Useless

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 10:43 am

Jurishe Chuyin

"City of the Red Maiden?" Jurishe asked curiously, having never heard of such a thing, "Sounds like there's a story, there. I may force you to tell it on the way there, if we end up heading that way." She was teasing, of course, when she said 'force you', and her tone of voice should easily convey that. Besides, Katara knew that Jurishe enjoyed a good story.

As for her friend feeling bad when the concept of a job was mentioned... Jurishe wasn't sure why. "Katara," Jurishe began, trying to get the other girl's attention, "I would be - quite literally - lost, without you." She wasn't trying to be sappy, it was true; Jurishe had no idea how to get around the Fire Nation on her own, so Katara was acting as somewhat of a guide. "Besides," She slowly brought the water massage to a hault, returning the water to its basin, so that she could ruffle those curls, "We're friends, right? I want to help you."

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 12:24 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara couldn't help but chuckle. "there's always a story. I guess you can always count on that from me, at least." she admitted. For a girl so small and young, Katara did seem so full full of personal stories, which might have come from her never really staying in one place. The teen had seen (well, experienced) so much in those short years of her life, and while some of them were things that she would not want to ever have to share or re-experience, there were also plenty that only remained hidden because they did not cross her mind at the moment.

Katara cracked a weak smile at Jurishe's reassurance. "well... yeah, it's just." she paused for a moment. "I want to be able to help," she requested, "what do I do when you're off earning the two of us a living? that kind of thing... I..." oooh, that smile just came right back as her messy curls were ruffled. she certainly felt much cooler, so she'd call this operation a success, "I... I guess I just don't want to be alone again..." she admitted finally.
Mood: Better
Condition: Tired; Cooled off

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 10 EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 11:51 am

Jurishe Chuyin

"Well," Jurishe began, before pausing to yawn, "M'sure we'll find something for you to do, if you want, but you don't have to, you know." She wanted to make sure to stress that point, "Besides, you have to practice seeing with your bending, right? You've gotten better about not hurting yourself, but maybe you'll be able to use it longer, the more you try?" She had no idea, of course (and likely Katara didn't either).

Laying on her side, Jurishe tried to stay awake, but was fading fast. "Anyway... we'll have time to think about it. I'm sure it's a few days to the city, at least, if we walk." And with that, despite her best intentions, the young waterbender was asleep, eyes softly closed, breath slow and calm.

Mood: Good
Condition: Asleep

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 10 EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 10:27 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara nodded. "aye... I jsut want to be able to pull my own weight and stuff, y'know?" sure she physically did not weigh much, and she did generally also try to not be a burden on anyone else, and so perhaps a small contribution could satisfy her if she felt she was giving as much as she was 'taking' so to speak.
"true... I should probably continue to hone my skills. maybe I can use them to see more details as I get better at it... and perhaps learn how not to overheat and stuff." she chuckled.

"well... I don't suppose we're in any hurry, are we?" Katara flopped onto her back and yawned, her belly stretching a bit as she did. "let's sleep..." she rolled over, curling up into an almost feral position as she slept comfortably. she was much more at ease than she had been lately, and she knew exactly why. To top it all off, her body heat had been regulated, and so she'd sleep comfortably for once.
Mood: Content
Condition: Asleep

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Taming the Fire
Page 10 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10