The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Taming the Fire

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

EXP : 12560

Character Description
Position: Story Collector
Nation: Water Tribes

Taming the Fire - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 9 EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 9:10 pm

Jurishe Chuyin

Noticing the yawn, Jurishe thanked the innkeeper before taking Katara's hand, guiding her toward the room in the back. It was very modest, because of the size of the village, but it would more than do, for one night; there was a bed and washroom, which was all that was necessary.

"You can go first, for the washroom," She offered with a smile, "I'll go after, and then we can tell stories, if that's alright with you?"

Mood: Good
Condition: Injured

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

EXP : 128130
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Nobody
Nation: Fire Nation

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 9 EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 11:28 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara followed her friend, taking a whiff of the air in the room. it seemed to be satisfying enough for her, and so she simply smiled in approval. Besides, she wasn't very picky. this would be more than enough for her.

"alright then." Katara smiled, after hearing Juri's offer. she gave her friend a hug and (what she saw as) a sisterly kiss on the cheek, before disappearing into the washroom.
she emerged a few minutes later in her underwear and with her hair still very damp. she also had those gloves of hers on to help curb her bending.
"I'll be ready when you are." she smiled as she went to go find the sofa to sit down on. That's where she'd be when Jurishe emerged.
Mood: Thoughtful
Condition: Exhausted
Link: Katara

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 12:33 pm

Jurishe Chuyin

Making her way into the washroom, Jurishe took a bit longer, since her shoulder was now more sore than injured, and it took a while for her to manage to wash it. Once she'd done that, she tended to it and wrapped it - all rather difficult with only one arm to use. Finally satisfied, it was then time to wash her hair and the sweat of the day from her body.

When she emerged, she was clean and a bit happier, though a bit more tired, too. "Sorry for the wait," She offered, taking a seat on the bed with a sigh. Her hair was only a little damp, since she had taken the water from it.

Condition: Tired

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 5:36 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara was beginning to realize that this whole heat sense thing took a lot of focus, and so she'd often relax and just enjoy the blindness for the time being. When Jurishe emerged, there Katara was, just sitting down and swinging her legs, back in her underthings once again.

"it's okay. you were pretty badly hurt, right? how are your legs, by the way?"
She was not sure if Jurishe was clothed or not since she wasn't focusing, but she didn't really care either way. they were alone anyways.

"So, is it storytime?" she asked, "or... not yet?"
Katara was young, but she was smart, and even moreso, she had a very good memory. She was not one to forget things like promises of stories from a friend, or much longer-term things either.
Mood: Happy

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 9 EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 5:30 pm

Jurishe Chuyin

"Much better, now," Jurishe answered lightly, kicking her legs gently, in time with Katara's own, "The hot water stung a little, at first, though." The wounds had, indeed, been mostly superficial, once the offending projectiles had been removed. She may still walk with a slight limp for a few days, but nothing serious.

With a small, barely restrained laugh, she glanced over at the other girl. "Oh? Did I mention a story?" She knew, of course, and was only teasing her friend.

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 9 EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 8:57 pm

Z. Katara Len

"good..." she nodded with a smile. "you dressed?" she added with a chuckle. She knew Jurishe wasn't naked, although since her senses were 'off' (given that she liked being able to relax herself like that), she did not know for sure. It was a simple, playful question, as their traditional storytimes had involved them in their undergarments, funny enough.

"a story!" she laughed, "yes, you did mention it. am I gonna have to tell you one first, or are you gonna tell me one like you promised?"
She knew that Juri hadn't actually directly promised that she would go first, but the girls had both promised each other stories, and Katara was hoping to make good of that.

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 9 EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 11:24 am

Jurishe Chuyin

Shaking her head with a slight laugh, Jurishe declined. "No, I've got a good story in mind," She assured her companion, "I don't think anyone in my tribe would have ever heard this one - I didn't even hear it until I came to much warmer waters."

With that small explanation, she posed a question; "Have you ever heard of a starfish? Or, well, I think some people call them sea stars?" The question did have bearing on the story, and being from the North, herself, Jurishe had to have this particular plot point explained to her, the first time.

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 9 EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 11:33 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara nodded slowly as she listened to Jurishe. "yeah... I have, I think... aren't they... well, stars? but yeah... I've heard of 'em... they used to sometimes wash up on the beaches around here, I think." she had seen them before as a small child, before she had been blinded, but those days were long gone and Katara's eyesight was not about to return.

"are they part of the story?" she figured they would be, but was still interested to see what way they were relevant.

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 11:12 am

Jurishe Chuyin

"Mhm," Jurishe hummed the affirmative even as she nodded, so that Katara would be sure to hear her response, "A very important part. You just mentioned that they wash up on beaches, which was the next important part - once they get stuck on the sand, they whither up and die, because they can't get back to the water on their own."

With that setup, she was now ready to begin the actual story. "Long ago," it began, as stories often do, "On a beach far away from h - uh - far away from the Southern Water Tribe, at least..." Jurishe corrected herself with a laugh, since they weren't that far away from a sandy beach, at the moment.

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 9 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 12:26 am

Z. Katara Len

"Aye..." Katara nodded, "poor things." she shrugged, although it was not like she had a vastly sentimental attachment to sea stars or anything. She had a theory that she knew where this was going, but she was not about to go and interrupt the story. She was much more polite than that.

Katara couldn't help but chuckle at Jurishe's near-slipup, but was otherwise calm and quiet the way she so often was. She imagined a picturesque beach the way Jurishe was describing, and couldn't help but imagine it with sea stars, although she'd find out what happened next in a moment.

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 9 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 10:03 am

Jurishe Chuyin

"The sand was hot," Jurishe continued, "but the breeze was strong, and the waves crashed against the shore, for a time. Eventually, as the tide went out, hundreds of thousands of starfish became trapped - washed up on the beach - with no way of returning to the water. It wasn't long before they began to dry up and shrivel... They were helpless and dying."

After a moments' pause, she continued, "Soon a man came across this beach. He was alone, and did not carry much with him, but he saw the starfish and realized what was happening. He bent down, gently picked up one of the still-struggling creatures, and carefully tossed it back into the water. He saved its life." Katara might be able to tell that there was a smile on Jurishe's face, at this point of the story.

"For hours and hours, days even, the man threw starfish back into the water. He must have saved thousands of them, and still he kept on, never stopping for long."

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 9 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 1:07 am

Z. Katara Len

As Katara listened, she wondered if this was a true story or just a fairy tale with a moral or something. such a thing would take dedication, but on the other hand, she knew all about dedication and such, given how much time and energy (no pun intended) she had put into channelling and controlling her bending energies.

"why did he do that?" she asked, tilting her head, "was he going to be able to save them all?" she could only imagine how long that would take, but she was not going to be too inquisitive, deciding not to interrupt the story.

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 9 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 1:21 am

Jurishe Chuyin

"Well," Jurishe grinned, pleased that Katara had asked such a question, "Soon, another man also came upon the beach, and saw the thousands of starfish that remained dying on the sand. When he discovered what the first man was trying to do, he wondered much the same thing, so he asked: 'Why are you wasting your time? You'll never save them all!'

"It was a valid question, of course, because throwing the starfish back into the water was a lot of work. Already, the first man was tired, hungry and thirsty, but he continued on," Jurishe did her best to describe how the first man - the one saving the starfish - was doing so to the detriment of himself, since that was the way the story had been conveyed to her.

"Even when he answered the newcomer's question, he did so while throwing another and another starfish back into the water. He said, quite simply: 'That starfish doesn't think that I'm wasting my time... I may not be able to save them all, but I can try.' "

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 9 EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 12:50 am

Z. Katara Len

Katara listened intently to the story, and it had her thinking. Sacrifice... that was what this man was doing--he had sacrificed his own well-being so that others could have a chance at life. Had that not been what her mother and father had done for her? Was that not the reason she did not simply give up and do herself in?

Well now she had a reason to live. Jurishe had helped her with that.The story seemed simple but very profound.
"That's... inspiring." she mused, "is... is there more to the story?"
Mood: Thoughtful

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 9 EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 10:20 am

Jurishe Chuyin

Jurishe nodded, humming an affirmative. "Only this: the second man laughed at the first man's words and told him, 'you can try, but you will fail'. And though he did not stop, the first man told him, with utmost conviction, 'we'll see'." That, to Jurishe, was the most powerful part to the story - the fact that the first man would try, no matter how difficult the obstacle, and that he believed he might still succeed.

A smile on her face, Jurishe gave a sigh, leaning back until she was resting on her elbows on the bed. "I think that's one of my favorite new stories... One that I didn't hear growing up, I mean."

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 9 EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 9:18 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara seemed deep in thought for a moment, putting her gloved hand to her chin, almost as if stroking an invisible beard there or something.
"but that's just it..." she concluded, her reddening face twisting into a rather pleased smile, "even if he can't save them all... I'm sure if sea stars could talk... the ones that he did save would say that he had made a difference."

"That's how life is though, isn't it?" she tilted her head, "you can't help everyone... but sometimes, making a difference in a few peoples' lives can make all the difference... can't it?"
Mood: Philosophical

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 9 EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 10:47 pm

Jurishe Chuyin

"That's what I think, too," Jurishe agreed with a smile, "I was told this story in passing, so the man who was telling it didn't exactly mention a set moral to take from it, like the elders of my Tribe would have, but..." She trailed off, offering a small shrug, "I think that's what we're supposed to take from it. I like the message I took from it."

Then, with a slight sigh, she let herself fall backward to lay on the bed, staring at the ceiling. "I'd like to think that I've made a difference for a few people..." She murmured quietly, her thoughts wandering back to the past - to her past.

Mood: Contemplative

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 9 EmptySun Jul 27, 2014 8:21 am

Z. Katara Len

Katara laid back on the bed as well, still in nothing but those gloves and her smalls. Even after the nice cool bath and not getting dressed, her body was heating up again, although she was confident it was not dangerous anymore. Still... it was rather uncomfortable, even for a kid who was used to it. She was not one to complain though. This was a girl who had lost her eyes and her family. being a little uncomfortably hot was trivial in comparison.

Katara turned to face her friend, even if she could not see the waterbender.
"I know at least one person who you've made a difference for..." a gentle smile appeared across Katara's red face. She figured Juri would know exactly who Katara was talking about.
Mood: Philosophical
Condition: Tired; Very Hot

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 9 EmptySun Jul 27, 2014 3:48 pm

Jurishe Chuyin

The slightly glazed look to Jurishe's eyes faded as Katara's words pulled her back into the present, away from the ice and her friend who had passed on. Smiling softly, she reached over, ruffling the younger girl's hair. "Thanks Katara... I appreciate it."

It was only then that she realized how hot her friend's skin was becoming, already. "You doing okay?" the waterbender asked, trying to hide the concern in her voice, "You're feeling a little overheated over there... You aren't getting sick, are you?"

Mood: Concerned

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 9 EmptySun Jul 27, 2014 5:27 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara smiled, her glazed eyes gazing towards Jurishe's face. "hey... no problem. what are friends for..." she chuckled softly as her hair was ruffled. It was still a crazy mess of dark brown curls that Katara could hardly make heads or tails of, and so she always just left it alone. Still... it wasn't quite as tangled as it used to be, so there was that.

Katara was fairly used to the body heat she would build up like this, and so her answer seemed a bit more honest than it might have otherwise been. "oh... yeah, I'm fine. a little hot, but that's fairly normal..."
well, 'normal' for her insomuch that it happened often, although abnormal insomuch that her body was very hot. She was not about to combust and die or anything, but Jurishe had already done so much for Katara, so she couldn't muster up the guts to ask her to help her again just yet.
Mood: Calm

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 9 EmptySun Jul 27, 2014 5:47 pm

Jurishe Chuyin

"Here..." Jurishe began, casting her gaze around the room, "I think we can avoid making a mess if I do it like this..." Trailing off, she concentrated for a moment, picturing the water basin in the bathroom. Bending the water from it, she brought it to her hands and cooled it very quickly, making gloves of ice.

Moving close to Katara's forehead, the waterbender paused just long enough to give a warning - "this is going to be cold" - before pressing the ice to the younger girl's blazing skin. Because of Jurishe's bending, the ice would not melt as quickly, and allowed her to (hopefully) cool Katara off, at least a little bit. Enough to keep her from overheating any further, she prayed.

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 9 EmptySun Jul 27, 2014 6:58 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara sat up. "oh, you don't have to..." she began, but decided to cut herself off and just let Jurishe work her magic. "thanks..." she sighed softly, more from relief than anything as she trusted Jurishe to come back to help cool her off. It was not life-threatening, but it was very uncomfortable after a while, since usually the only thing for her to do was try and sleep it off or rest to prevent too much motion.

"I can handle cold... easily." Katara chuckled as Jurishe pressed the idea to Katara's forehead. her arms (at least what was visible of them) her feet, and back were also reddish, although it definitely felt good on her face first.
"mmmm..." she sighed gently, clearly liking the gesture. "thank you..."

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 9 EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 7:36 pm

Jurishe Chuyin

Because she didn't really want to freeze sheets of ice over Katara's body - it might damage her skin even further that way - Jurishe continued to use her hands to guide the cold, icy water along. It was basically a massage or a back rub this way, so it took longer to address each area, but she was steady and thorough. "You're welcome," She smiled, taking note of the visible signs that the young firebender was cooling off.

Jurishe would keep this up for as long as necessary. She really did get concerned about her friend, because she had never heard of this condition affecting a firebender before - at least, not this often.

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 9 EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 8:40 pm

Z. Katara Len

"I..." Katara admitted, "I wish I could make it up to you somehow..." she relaxed, moving when she needed to in order to give Jurishe access to the various parts of her body (none of which were too sensitive or intimate or anything) that needed cooled off. "I know, I know... you're gonna say don't worry about it... it's just kinda embedded in me... in my mind..."
It was true that Katara always felt indebted to people who had helped her, but she couldn't help herself sometimes, even if the benefactor had said not to worry about it.

"but seriously... thank you so much..." she sighed. it almost looked like a bit of steam was coming from her body. "this... it feels amazing... and is working well..." the redness in Katara's body began to gradually subside, and clearly, the younger girl was showing great relief, despite having not even mentioned this problem at all before.
Condition: Tired; Cooling Down

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 9 EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 9:03 pm

Jurishe Chuyin

Though Jurishe was relatively new to being an active solo-medic, she could tell that the 'treatment' she'd chosen was working very well. Having Katara vocalize the desire to somehow repay her for all she'd done was, however, a silly notion to the young waterbending medic. She did this because, well, Katara was her friend, of course, but she also did this because it was not in her nature to look away from someone who was suffering - particularly not when she could help.

"I'm glad it's helping," She did say, not even bothering to respond to Katara's (correct) assumption that Jurishe would tell her not to worry about any repayment, "and you're very welcome. I wish I had noticed sooner; then I could have been helping that much sooner too..."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taming the Fire   Taming the Fire - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Taming the Fire
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next