The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Exploring the City

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Matsu
Staff Admin
Matsu

EXP : 2408
Birthday : 1996-03-21

Character Description
Position: Travelling Circus Member
Nation: Air Temples

Exploring the City Empty
PostSubject: Exploring the City   Exploring the City EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 4:26 pm

Exploring the City Airbendergirl2g
Matsu was thirsty. Very, very thirsty. But as she wandered through the Fire Fountain City, the heat making her feel like she was melting, she couldn't find a single place that sold drinks. She thought she'd ask someone, but people in the city were busy, bustling about and not paying her any attention. She sighed, wondering why on earth her mother had thought that this would be a wonderful place to bring their circus.

She blasted some air around herself to cool down, and as she did so, she noticed a few people heading off somewhere, talking lazily in the heat. Well, she was having no luck and was completely lost, so she decided to follow them. They had to be going somewhere.

They ended up heading to an apparent tavern, going inside together and the door to said tavern shut with a click. Huh...she'd never been inside a tavern before. Well, there was always a first time for everything! She shrugged and looked at the building, trying to find a name for it.

The Flameo Drink Shop. It was sandwiched in between some buildings, looking a little bit awkward there, but she decided that this was as good as she'd get. She ducked inside, sighing in relief as it was blissfully cool within. She looked about, her eyes adjusting to the dimmer light, trying to find an empty table and ignore the whistles that a group of drunk men were directing at her.

She stood with her hands on her hips, but didn't see an empty table, so she did what she did best--went and tried to make a friend. Perhaps the least grumpy looking individual in the whole tavern was a woman in Water Tribe garb, with pretty brown hair and blue eyes. She walked over to her with her usual smile on her face, already happy that she'd seen someone who didn't look ready to kill her--or worse...

"Hello! You mind if I sit here?" she asked brightly, indicating a seat across from the woman. She looked familiar...but Matsu couldn't quite place her finger on who the woman was, exactly. She wracked her brains until finally remembering. "Oooohhh! You're the Avatar!" she squealed happily, floating slightly above the ground like she always did when excited.
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

EXP : 20825
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Avatar
Nation: Water Tribes

Exploring the City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exploring the City   Exploring the City EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 11:41 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Another day, another drink. one thing she loved about the Fire Nation was their good, strong drinks that left a burning sensation as they went down. granted, this was because she sometimes set them on fire as she used waterbending to arch the liquid up towards her mouth and intercepted it with firebending on the way down.

she usually drank alone, simply because she was unpredictable when drunk. usually she just got giggly and/or did crazy stunts, but other times, there was just no telling what she'd do. this time though, she was only a bit tipsy, and didn't seem like she was going down the dangerous route. so, she continued drinking and minding her own business.

this only changed when she was interrupted. this wasn't necessarily a bad thing either though.
"go right ahead. I don't bite." she chuckled. then the other girl noted that she was the avatar, and got excited. while Zul didn't go out and seek attention, she didn't mind being reminded that she was awesome. she chuckled.
"that's me." she grinned, taking another drink, "Avatar Zulera Joanna Tallarico of the Southern Water Tribe. Who might you be?"
Mood: Amused
Condition: Tipsy, but well
Link:

Back to top Go down
Matsu
Staff Admin
Matsu

Character Description

Exploring the City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exploring the City   Exploring the City EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 9:30 pm

Matsu smiled and plunked right into the seat, happy that someone wasn't eyeing her like a piece of meat--for either a slaughter, or...other reasons.

"I'm Matsu, airbender and Pasang's Travelling Circus member." she stated simply as the waitress came over. Matsu declined, knowing that her mother would KILL her if she drank. Plus, she'd never tasted alcohol before, and was slightly scared of it, which was unusual for her.

The waitress then turned to the Avatar, waiting. When Zulera answered, the waitress would walk away and Matsu would ask her all about being the Avatar--what it was like, did she enjoy it, was she a complete mastered Avatar or still in training, etc.

OOC: Sorry for the super short post, didn't have much to go on. >_<
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

Exploring the City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exploring the City   Exploring the City EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 10:56 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

"glad to meet you," She replied, smiling. when the waitress stopped by, Zulera added, "grab me another strong drink," and when she left, she drained the rest of her bottle, turning away from the airbender and belching.

"so what brings you to my table?" she asked curiously, "the other ones weren't full or something, were they?"

upon hearing the questions about being the Avatar, Zulera was glad to share her tales. it was actually one of the times when she was at her most amiable. she told stories of learning waterbending in the southern water tribe, heading up to Omashu to learn earthbending, then over to the City of the Red Maiden, often called the Fire Fountain City, where she mastered firebending, and then around to the Eastern Air Temple where she picked up airbending. once she had the basics of the four disciplines under her belt, she told stories about how she travelled the world to continue to try and master them, and test her skills against others. considering that she was tipsy, she didn't mind telling about some of her less proud moments.

"I'd get my arse kicked a lot more than I was happy to admit," she confessed, taking another swig of the drink the waitress brought by, "but eh... ya win some and lose some."
she hadn't spilled her whole life story or anything, but had given a good summary of it, for a slightly drunk woman.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Matsu
Staff Admin
Matsu

Character Description

Exploring the City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exploring the City   Exploring the City EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 1:13 pm

Matsu smiled sheepishly when hearing Zulera's question, and answered, albeit shyly, "Well, admittedly, I'm a little bit nervous. Never been inside a tavern before, to tell you the truth." She then listened intently as Zulera answered her questions in turn, a look of awe on her face.

"I'm surprised that the Avatar loses fights. You especially don't seem like one to lose," Matsu commented, noting that even while Zulera was slightly tipsy, she had an air about her that definitely meant not to mess with her.

OOC: Again. Short post. I'm having creative block atm, sorry.
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

Exploring the City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exploring the City   Exploring the City EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 5:09 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

"well," she chuckled, "there admittedly ain't much to most of these places if you're not a drinker." she wasn't trying to point out that the airbender had declined any drinks; just pointing out the main reason most people came to such places. "well, there's that and meeting people. you meet all sorts of colorful characters in places like this."

she took another shot. "as much as I'd like to admit otherwise, it seems people know a few secrets to whoppin' me." she laughed, "usually some spiritual mumbo-jumbo or something... doesn't mean they get off scot-free or without a few bruises of their own to remember though."
she popped her knuckles and took another shot. you win some, you lose some, but it all evened out in the end.

Link:

Back to top Go down
Matsu
Staff Admin
Matsu

Character Description

Exploring the City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exploring the City   Exploring the City EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 3:53 pm

Matsu smiled, the Avatar was different that she'd expected. "I've never gotten into a fight before," she said, wondering how it worked. She looked at Zulera eagerly, "Could you show me?"

Even if the Avatar said no, it was worth a shot, asking if she would. She smiled, her chin in her hands, elbows on the table, gray eyes glued to Zulera's face.
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

Exploring the City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exploring the City   Exploring the City EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 11:05 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Zulera laughed, taking another strong drink. "so wait... lemme get this straight. you want me to start a riot in here to show you what a fight is like?"

she looked the airbender in the eyes, serious enough to indicate that she meant it, but with enough humor to make it appear that she wasn't angry at all, since she wasn't.

"I will if that's what you really want." she replied, "but there's a very high chance that it will involve flying booze, intoxicated fools, a whole lot of mayhem, and a drunken Avatar who will most likely be naked from the waist up... now, I'm completely fine with that, since morals are for self-righteous pricks... but is that what you want?"

she hadn't really had anyone ask her for a fight before--not like this anyways. most of the time they just picked a fight with her, and she would grant their request by starting it. she wanted to make sure that this was really what Itamatsu wanted though.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Matsu
Staff Admin
Matsu

Character Description

Exploring the City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exploring the City   Exploring the City EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 2:30 pm

Matsu grinned. She was open to anything, and was quite excited to see a fight. "Please! I'd love to see what an actual fight looks like!" she said excitement layering her voice, not realizing what she was getting herself into, her gray eyes shining with anticipation. She could hardly sit still in her seat, bouncing up and down excitedly.
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

Exploring the City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exploring the City   Exploring the City EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 5:47 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

she nodded. "Watch closely then. and I hope you don't mind a topless Avatar."
she glanced around for a moment, but it seemed someone had already started a fight in one of the corners. well... this made things easier.

"okay." she replied, "so this is gonna be easier than I thought. time for some save-the-world intervention!"
she flipped up onto her table, and then lunged across towards the fight going on on the other table, crashing right through it completely.
needless to say, a bunch of drunken men in a bar soon led this to become an uproar. Zulera was somewhere lost in the fray. hopefully her new friend either knew how to fight or knew how to avoid the mayhem, as it would turn relentless quickly.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Matsu
Staff Admin
Matsu

Character Description

Exploring the City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exploring the City   Exploring the City EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 12:01 am

Matsu watched as a huge fight broke out. With a grin and a giggle, she winced as she saw someone get punched in the nose, blood coming from it instantly. He didn't seem to mind, though, and launched himself at the man who'd hit him. As the fight began nearing her, she ducked under the table, not sure what to do. She didn't notice the wasted angry man running towards her until it was too late.

"Heeeeeeyyy! You star' the figh'? You hidin' fro' da blame?!" he slurred. "No, no, I--" she began, but he cut her off by grabbing her by the front of her shirt and dragging her out from under the table. With a squeak and a look of terror, she realized that he was about to punch her in the face. Rather than allow this to happen, she kicked him in the neck and he dropped her, going to the ground on all fours. She then slammed her elbow in between his shoulder blades, kneed him in the groin, and he keeled over, knocked out. She straightened up, breathing heavily, a crazed gleam in her eye. This was...FUN!!!

She launched herself into the fray, breaking a nose here, dislocating a shoulder there, until she lost track of time...and of where the Avatar went.
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

Exploring the City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exploring the City   Exploring the City EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 2:19 am

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Zulera wasn't surprised to get caught in the mayhem. somewhere in the middle of it all, unsurprisingly, she soon became devoid of her top, staying bare from the waist up.

she was drunk, but no less the fighter. her powerful fists and feet matched against the heads, guts, and groins of everyone she came in contact with, and she brawled herself an impressive array of fights. this incident was no different as she punched, kicked, and slammed her way to victory, knocking others unconscious. she got thrown around a few times because of her small size, but this didn't bother her either. she was too drunk to care, and she was having a blast, despite the pain.
Condition: Drunk
Link:

Back to top Go down
Matsu
Staff Admin
Matsu

Character Description

Exploring the City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exploring the City   Exploring the City EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 12:16 pm

Matsu was thirsty, and she ran over to a table, downing something that one of the people fighting had left. She was so caught up in the fray she didn't realize what she was drinking, but her small body was instantly...different. She hobbled back into the fight, missed a punch or two, and didn't seem to notice. She flipped through the crown, hitting people in the face with her feet, having the time of her life. This had to be the most fun she'd ever had!!
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

Exploring the City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exploring the City   Exploring the City EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 2:46 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

as more time passed, the fighting started to wear down, as people left or were knocked unconscious, or passed out from inebriation. Zulera, coming from sturdy Water Tribe stock, as well as being a regular drinker anyways, was still in the game, although at this point she was more using her fists than anything.

in her drunken state, she wasn't thinking much about her new acquaintance and how well she was faring. it just didn't cross her mind thanks to all the booze. she'd recover sooner or later and remember, but for the time being, it was back to brawling, drinking, and trying not to be thrown across the room again. it had already happened twice thanks to her small size, but Zulera was agile and flexible, and even while drunk, was stll able to recover from the blows and jump back into the fray.
Condition: Drunk
Link:

Back to top Go down
Matsu
Staff Admin
Matsu

Character Description

Exploring the City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exploring the City   Exploring the City EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 9:46 pm

The fight had officially died down by now. Matsu frowned, looking towards the door happily, swaying on her feet. She expected people to come in at any second, so they could continue the fight, but none came. She did a hand stand--well, she tried to anyway, she fell on her face--and then just lay on the floor giggling until she got up once again and sat in a random seat, grabbing whatever drink was in front of her. Her head was...well, it felt like it was humming. She took this to be a good sign and found a large bottle, and grabbed it, taking a big drink. It burned on the way down and made her eyes water, and she coughed. But, she took another large swig anyways. Gee, this was...fun. She now understood why the Avatar did it. Seeing a random stranger sitting against the wall, his lip bruised and bloodied, his forehead swelling, and she went and plunked down right next to him. "Heeeeyyyy! Wha'sh ya doin'? Whooooo hur' youuu?" she slurred, a lazy grin on her face.

ooOOoo

As she brawled and drank and talked with strangers in busy taverns, Matsu's mother, Pei Zhi, was out and about looking for her daughter. "Honestly, why I even let her go on these silly adventures through the cities, I've no clue..." she muttered to herself as she glared at the hot sun. "Itamatsu Pasang, you are in so much trouble," Pei Zhi growled. She continued walking, passing the very noisy tavern Matsu was in. There was no way in her mind that Matsu would ever go in a place like that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Exploring the City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exploring the City   Exploring the City Empty

Back to top Go down

Exploring the City
Page 1 of 1