The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Republic city area?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Republic city area? Empty
PostSubject: Republic city area?   Republic city area? EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 5:28 pm

This has probably already been discussed, but I didn't see it anyway. What are you doing about Republic City and Korra? Are they canon or not? Seems like that would be the best route to go.

Could be some really important things going on in that place.
Back to top Go down
Chinatsu Irion
Chinatsu Irion

EXP : 715

Character Description
Position: Student
Nation: Water Tribes

PostSubject: Re: Republic city area?   Republic city area? EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 5:59 pm

I would join in that. I can't wait for the new series. :rendeer:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Republic city area?   Republic city area? EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 6:04 pm

Also important is the question of if we stick to Korra's level of technological and cultural advancement. This actually changes quite a bit the kinds of characters I should be making.
Back to top Go down
Chinatsu Irion
Chinatsu Irion

EXP : 715

Character Description
Position: Student
Nation: Water Tribes

PostSubject: Re: Republic city area?   Republic city area? EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 6:47 pm

I think we should use the old world technologies instead of the cars and stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Republic city area?   Republic city area? EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 10:03 pm

Any particular reasons? Honestly, the "old world technologies" weren't very far from making cars in the first place. The Steampunk machinery of the show was only decades away from creating automobiles and the main storyline of this game is set a hundred years after the show.
Back to top Go down
Liao
Staff Admin
Liao

EXP : 8110
Birthday : 1995-05-22

Character Description
Position: Ba Sing Se Citizen
Nation: Earth Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Republic city area?   Republic city area? EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 8:18 pm

New Chapters branches off after the end of the series... not following the route the Legend of Korra has taken. Our technology advances at a much slower pace, so there can be some steampunk, but not as much as in Korra.
As for all the characters, they never existed here, since we branched of earlier. We have our own new avatar (soon, lol), events etc.

But, this can be changed, if wanted by the players...
Back to top Go down
https://lastairbender.rpg-board.net

PostSubject: Re: Republic city area?   Republic city area? EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 12:20 pm

Well, I mostly asked due to the incredible similarities in the timeline. According to the Main Storyline thread, New Chapters seems to take place around the time Korra is set to take place.

My character is likely going to be very urban based, so it's kind of important to establish what the urban life and culture look like in this world. If it's like Korra, it will be essentially the 1920s.

Is there some kind of popular dislike for more advanced technology? Perhaps there should be a poll?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Republic city area?   Republic city area? Empty

Back to top Go down

Republic city area?
Page 1 of 1