The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

At Kyoshi!

Go down 
AuthorMessage

At Kyoshi!  Empty
PostSubject: At Kyoshi!    At Kyoshi!  EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 3:51 pm

Bai Hu

"Come on let's stop by there!" Said Bai Hu.

Finally land!

Bai Hu rowed and rowed till they were at the dock. She tied the rope on the dock and jumped out. She saw a beautiful beach, she took off her shoes and felt the grass in between her feet and the soil on her skin.

I've never felt anything like this before. It feels different in a good way!

She stretched her legs out and made a earth angel. She saw a sign reading, "The only and the proud Kyoshi island! Welcome to all visitors please enjoy our hospitality!"

Then she added to Yoora, "Let's venture into this island, shall we?" And with a smile she looked at the land in happiness.

Mood: Slightly Excited
Condition:Well and healthy
Link:https://lastairbender.rpg-board.net/t6-bai-hu

Back to top Go down

At Kyoshi!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: At Kyoshi!    At Kyoshi!  EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 6:51 pm

Yoora Bhin

Yoora giggled at her friend's enthusiasm. It had been a long journey and she was tired. The beach and docks seemed to be the same as the last time she was here, though she never explored Kyoshi Island before.

"We'll probably need to move the boat when the fishermen come back," Yoora said as she looked at the lonely boat at the dock.

She followed Bai Hu up the hill to the village. There was the tall standing monument to Avatar Kyoshi at the base of the town. It was a long main road up a hill with buildings on either side made of wood. Little roads went off, probably to homes. This may be her first time seeing buildings not made of snow.

There was a small market up ahead. It seemed most of the town was there selling their goods. They got the odd look from a villager or two as they traveled up. Well I guess we do clearly stand out as Water Tribe with our clothes, but I'm sure this place is used to travelers.

"Bai do you want to camp somewhere or sleep in that inn over there?" Yoora asked. "Personally I'd like to camp out. It'll be cheaper and I can watch the tides."

Mood: Tired
Condition: Healthy

Back to top Go down

At Kyoshi!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: At Kyoshi!    At Kyoshi!  EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 6:16 pm

Bai Hu

"Let's camp out! I'd love to see the stars!", Bai Hu said enthusiastically.

She caught the whole village for a split second stare at her and then continue with their work. Started to look for the beach and sought it out. She noticed how differently she was dressed compared to the rest of them.

These people dress oddly. To them I must seem to be very odd to them.

She felt a small rush of pride from her reflection.

Maybe wisdom comes from ones travels. Knowledge and wisdom are very alike, yet very different... possibly knowledge comes from wisdom?

She was surprised of all the things to think of. It would be that.

Mood: Slightly Excited
Condition:Well and healthy
Link:https://lastairbender.rpg-board.net/t6-bai-hu

Back to top Go down

At Kyoshi!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: At Kyoshi!    At Kyoshi!  EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 6:44 pm

Fengkuang Baohu

Feng had been making his rounds around the Earth Kingdom. Making sure the Dai Li stations were keeping up on their duties and not neglecting them. Kyoshi was his last stop before returning to Ba Sing Se. Of course his much smaller and very much child traveling companion was around here somewhere. She had run off in the pack of traders in the market. He had a fan out fanning himself as he carries his cane underhanded behind him. He was walking out of the market area when he heard a loud jubilant female voice and turned to see two young what appeared to be Water tribe members. He re directs course and makes a bee line for them stopping, his green and white hat casting his eyes in shadow "Welcome to the Earth Kingdom ladies, is there anything I can help you find or possibly get you a room for the night?" With rising tensions between their nations this was all he could do to try and quel any weird stares at their clothing from the townspeople.

Mood: Serious
Condition: In the Shadows

Last edited by Feng on Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

At Kyoshi!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: At Kyoshi!    At Kyoshi!  EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 7:17 pm

Runs from stall to stall, looking at everything. Her bright yellow dress matching the ribbon holding a small leather bag at her waist. She admires the fine embroidery of flowers at the wrist of her sleeve. "So many colors!" She jumps as a thin bamboo stick slaps the back of her hand, and looks up as a woman glares down at her. "No touching unless you're going to buy, girl!" Dao stares at the fresh bundle of daikon under her hand, and back up at the woman, then runs off.

Darting between the people in the marketplace she jumps now and then, looking for Feng's stripey hat, and starts to get nervous, not spotting him. She stops, and tries to stand still and wait, but it only lasts a minute before she starts running around again. She hits the edge of the crowd, and sits on a rock, catching her breath.
Back to top Go down

At Kyoshi!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: At Kyoshi!    At Kyoshi!  EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 9:22 pm

Yoora Bhin

Yoora looked at her friends face. She seemed to be lost in thought. Probably from all that attention she just got. She's so full of energy.

"Don't worry Bai," Yoora said "my family has traveled to Kyoshi lots of times. They're used to travelers."

She smiled at her companion and was about to lead them out of the village when an Earth Kingdom man came approached them.

"Welcome to the Earth Kingdom ladies, is there anything I can help you find or possibly get you a room for the night?" He said.

Yoora looked at the man. She was never one for hats, especially on others when it covered their eyes. She looked the man over and then back at the crowd. The man didn't seem threatening, but her father had warned her to wary of strangers on her journey. Her tiredness and the fact she was in a new area made her rather paranoid. I'd feel much safer near water, it will help calm my nerves. I wonder if there are any dangers on this island though.

"Thank you for the welcoming." Yoora said politely. "Actually we were thinking of camping while we were here. Are there any dangers to look out for on this island aside from the Unagi? Oh! And do you know of any good beaches near town?"

Mood: Tired and on edge

Back to top Go down

At Kyoshi!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: At Kyoshi!    At Kyoshi!  EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 2:16 pm

Yui Suzuki was walking along the beach alone. The older Kyoshi warriors had headed off the Ba Sing Se to help with the refuge situation, but Yui was asked to stay behind. She was supposed to wait until the Kyoshi warriors who were on a separate mission to come back. Then, she would travel with them to Ba Sing Se to rejoin the others.

While walking, she saw two strangely dressed girls talking to a man she was not familiar with. If she had to guess, these girls were from the water tribe. After all, they were wearing blue and water is blue, so that had to be it, right? Yui smacked herself in the forehead. How could she be so dumb to jump to that conclusion. For all she knew, they could be from the Earth Kingdom and just liked wearing blue.

She sat down a few yards off and watched them curiously.
Back to top Go down

At Kyoshi!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: At Kyoshi!    At Kyoshi!  EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 9:36 am

Yoora Bhin

The man explained that he was a visitor and not a local of the Island, Yoora thanked him and headed off with Bai down the beach.

She saw a girl up ahead and hoped that maybe she knew a good place to camp for the night. Yoora remembered hearing her mother talk about a sea monster on Kyoshi Island but, she had no idea where it was.

"Hello," Yoora said as she approached her. "Do you happen to know a good place to camp on the beach? I know there's a sea monster to watch out for on this island."

Back to top Go down

At Kyoshi!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: At Kyoshi!    At Kyoshi!  EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 3:55 pm

Yui opened her mouth to speak, but quickly closed it. She couldn't speak anymore...not after that Fire Nation soldier tried to kill her and managed to extract her voice box. So instead, she nodded. She thought they were a little crazy for wanting to sleep on the beach, but to each their own. As long as they stayed close to where the beach started and away from the water, they should be fine.

She wrote in the sand. As long as you stay out of the water, you should be fine. Be sure to set up camp by the trees. You can stay on the beach, but it's safer to be further away from the water. I can stay with you, if you like. And protect you if anything should happen.
Back to top Go down

At Kyoshi!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: At Kyoshi!    At Kyoshi!  EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 8:39 pm

Yoora Bhin

Yoora looked puzzled as the girl wrote in sand. She read the message just fine though she wondered if the girl had lost her voice. She had met a lot of people on her travels with her parents and knew some people kept a vow of silence for some reason; her mother had always told her it was not her place to question them.

"That would be great," Yoora said smiling through her tiredness. "It might be silly to want to be by the water with a sea monster, but I need to watch the tides. I can't quite waterbend yet and was hoping that watching the original waterbender would help."

Back to top Go down

At Kyoshi!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: At Kyoshi!    At Kyoshi!  EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 9:38 pm

Yui watched Yoora's face as she read the words in the sand. She could tell that Yoora wanted to know why, but was just too polite to ask. Yui smiled. She didn't mind talking about what happened. It actually made her happy talking about it. She was able to tell people that her family fought to their death and made the Fire Nation work at killing them. It made her proud. It also gave her the opportunity to talk about her family.

She listened to Yoora talk about bending. It was cool. She couldn't bend at all, so she appreciated Yoora's ability to.

It's alright. You can ask me why I'm writing if you want.
Back to top Go down

At Kyoshi!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: At Kyoshi!    At Kyoshi!  EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 4:29 pm

Yoora Bhin

Yoora blushed in embarrassment as she read the words. "Is it that obvious?" she asked covering her face hoping to hide the blush. She prided herself on being mature and being able to hide her emotions well; though being tired always made it harder to keep her emotions in check.

"I wouldn't mind knowing. Its hard to imagine going through life not talking." Yoora said. She stopped in a place that looked like the sand was loose and motioned for her new companion to write.

Back to top Go down

At Kyoshi!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: At Kyoshi!    At Kyoshi!  EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 10:09 pm

Yui scrounged around for a good stick to write with. When she found one, she got her knees and began to write.

When I was young, my family and I went to Ba Sing Se. On our way home, we were attacked by the Fire Nation. My father was killed first. Then my mother. They threw a knife at my throat and killed my brother. They thought they had killed me, but the knife just ripped out my voice box. It's a miracle I survived.

Yui sat down across from Yoora and raised her head, exposing the scar on her neck, and waited for Yoora to respond.
Back to top Go down

At Kyoshi!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: At Kyoshi!    At Kyoshi!  EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 10:14 am

Yoora Bhin

Yoora read the words and as she did so her face started to drop a little. "That's so sad." She sai as she looked at the girl.

"I know the world isn't the safest place and bad things happen, but that's really sad."

She started to tear up a bit and wiped the tears away forcing a smile. "Sorry about that. It must have happened a while ago. You're so strong; I'm sure your family would be proud. What's your name? Mine is Yoora."

Last edited by Yoora Bhin on Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

At Kyoshi!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: At Kyoshi!    At Kyoshi!  EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 3:21 pm

Yui smiled a little and wrote, It's really okay. I have a new family now. I'm Yui.

Yui laid back on the sand and looked at the clouds. She watched the clouds move with glazed over eyes. Talking about what happened to her family always made her sad. She always tried to put on a brave face though. She knew her family was still with her in her heart, and that had to be enough for her. If she could just smile through it, people would believe she was okay. And if people believed she was okay, then maybe she would really be okay.
Back to top Go down

At Kyoshi!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: At Kyoshi!    At Kyoshi!  EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 5:59 pm

Yoora Bhin

"You're very brave, Yui." Yoora said as she sat down next to her. "One of the people I met with my family travels had lived through the great War. The water tribes were attacked and all the waterbenders were taken by the Fire Nation. Most of the village was killed. She saw everything as a kid. The thing she said that made everything bearable afterwards was talking about it. The more she told people, the more she hoped that the War wouldn't happen again."

She looked at the clouds. "The sky always looks the same where ever you go."

Back to top Go down

At Kyoshi!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: At Kyoshi!    At Kyoshi!  EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 11:21 pm

Taro Kagete

Taro looked at the island ahead of him with grim determination. The merchant ship that he had bartered a ride from neared the island quickly. Men hurried to lash the docking ropes to the warf as the ship pulled up beside it. Taro thanked the captain of the ship and leapt off onto the dock. Standing on the solid wood of the warf was a relief after weeks on a ship. He slowly scanned the area. Kyoshi Island, the first step on his return to the Earth Kingdom. But he would not be returning to his old ways. Now he had a mission. He would no longer be a boy wandering in the wilderness, challanging bandits to change their ways. No, now his goals were far greater. The Earth King had abandoned justice, and fallen far into the depths of darkness and it was up to Taro to remove him from an office that he did not deserve.

His attire remained largely the same on his travels, though he replaced the old green cloth strip that was tied around his waist with a blue scarf given to him by a friend from the Southern Water Tribe. His dark blonde hair was slightly longer than before, but barely noticeable. He also had a thin two inch long scar that ran horizontally parallel with his left eye on his cheekbone. Taro walked slowly toward the village, his right hand resting on Koeken. At the edge of the dock he hesitated for a moment, looking back at the ship. He could be stuck on Kyoshi for a while once it left, but he needed time to plan. And Kyoshi was the closest place to the Earth Kindgom that was not under the King's direct supervision. There at the edge of the dock he stood, contemplating the task ahead of him.

Mood: Vengeful
Condition: Hunting

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

At Kyoshi!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: At Kyoshi!    At Kyoshi!  Empty

Back to top Go down

At Kyoshi!
Page 1 of 1