The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Varsha
Varsha

EXP : 5585
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Instructor
Nation: Fire Nation

A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher Empty
PostSubject: A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher   A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 1:20 am

Varsha Zere Zakau

Time continued its course as Varsha began practicing the moves and techniques that Tarek had taught her, as well as the ones that were on the scrolls that she had received from him. It required discipline and plenty of meditation. This did not prove to be much of a problem for Varsha, who was well-used to both. it almost opened up a more spiritual side to the young woman, but she wold also work on that as she grew older.

She felt her chi flow freer than ever as she practiced and trained herself with those moves, and after a couple of months, she felt like it would be a good time to check back with Tarek to report on her progress. He was a master, and she was probably only a skilled intermediate at best now, so she figured he would still beat her, but that did not bother her. Besides... she could use another chi-opening massage, for it seemed that her chi paths would slowly close after a while, perhaps simply not used to the large flow they had had a few months back when they were first re-opened.

She anxiously began waiting for Tarek to show up in town, and when he did, she was swift to follow hi, meeting up with him outside of town again.
"Hey!" she called out after he was in sight, "Hey Tarek! Remember me?"
Hopefully he did, for she certainly remembered him, and was excited to meet up with him once again.
Mood: Excited
Condition: Perfect
Link:

Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

EXP : 11135
Birthday : 1992-06-29

Character Description
Position: Fire Lord

PostSubject: Re: A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher   A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 6:43 am

Tarek Raiden

Tarek took a deep breath of the fresh mountain air as he stood in the entrance to the city of Shu Jing. Standing beside him, holding his hand was his daughter, sweet little Kaede. “Here we are Kaede,” he said with a smile as he looked down at her, “the city of Shu Jing.”

The reason Tarek had returned to Shu Jing was a young woman named Varsha, a gifted firebender, whom he had begun training just a few months ago. After a few days of training, he sent her away and told her to practice and master what she had learnt and to let him know when she felt ready to continue her training. A few days prior to his arrival he had received a letter from Varsha saying just that, that she was ready to continue her learning from him. Tarek had brought his six year old daughter along because she was curious to meet “Varsha”, whom Tarek spoke very highly of, after all, she was one of his most promising and gifted students.

Tarek held his daughter’s hand snugly and started walking into the city; he was excited to see Varsha again and was curious about her progress with the techniques he had given her to practice. Soon enough he heard the familiar voice of Varsha behind them. He turned with a smile, “Hello Varsha,” he said with a smile as he greeted her with a friendly hug, “of course I remember you!” he chuckled. He stepped back and gestured towards Kaede with his free hand. “This is my daughter, Kaede,” he said proudly, “I hope you don’t mind that I brought her along, but she wanted to meet you.”

Mood: Happy
Condition: Healthy

Back to top Go down
Varsha
Varsha

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher   A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 3:23 pm

Varsha Zere Zakau

Kaede glanced out over the city. "it's so pretty!" she exclaimed. the lush, green surroundings, and the fresh mountain air all helped elate the little girl. That, and she was excited to meet this Varsha woman. she sounded really nice. Kaede wondered if Varsha liked flowers.

Varsha met up with the two, giving her old teacher a fond greeting, followed by a friendly embrace. when he introduced Kaede, Varsha nearly squealed. "She's adorable!" she exclaimed, and Kaede blushed, softly kicking her little toes against the ground, her hands behind her back.

"I don't mind at all." she smiled back at Tarek, "she's the cutest little thing I've ever seen!"
there was silence on Kaede's end as she hid behind Tarek, slightly shyly.
"She looks like quite the little flower girl to me." Varsha said to Tarek. "I think bringing her along was an excellent idea."
Kaede's face lit up when she heard flowers, and, mustering all of her little courage, approached Varsha, gently tugging her dress.
"Miss Varsha?" she said timidly, "do... do you like flowers?"

Varsha smiled sweetly. "yes." she said softly. "I do."
Kaede squealed with excitement, and jumped into Varsha's arms to hug her, her little skirts still safely covering her little legs. Varsha was caught by surprise, but she didn't slip up.
Varsha chuckled at Tarek. "...I like Kaede already."

Link:

Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher   A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 7:55 am

Tarek Raiden

Tarek couldn’t help but smile as Kaede held his hand tightly and hid behind him. Usually Kaede was really shy, but if there was one thing she liked, it was flowers. Varsha hit the nail on the head when she mentioned them, and Tarek knew right then and there that Varsha was going to be Kaede’s new best friend.

"I like Kaede already."
Varsha chuckled to Tarek after Kaede jumped into her arms to hug her. “I can see so!” Tarek laughed, “And from the looks of it she really likes you too.” He continued as he pulled Kaede off of Varsha. “She’ll cling to you all day if I don’t take her off.”

Tarek smiled. “So Varsha, I gathered from your letter that you are ready to move forward with your training?” he asked as he straightened Kaede’s dress a little. “Are we going back to the tower outside of town? Or should I book into an inn for the next few days?” he continued politely, not really sure of the plans yet.

Mood: Calm

Back to top Go down
Varsha
Varsha

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher   A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 1:53 pm

Varsha Zere Zakau

Varsha enjoyed hugging little Kaede, who seemed to be happily nuzzling herself in Varsha's arms, as if to anchor herself there. Varsha wondered how difficult it would be to try and loosen her little grip. Whatever the case, it seemed that the little girl had just found a new best friend.

Varsha chuckled as Tarek gently pulled Kaede off of her.
"part of me probably wouldn't mind that, actually." she giggled, "she was nice and warm. But... I do suppose that it would be difficult to get any training done with her clinging to me like that."
She leaned over. "but don't worry, Kaede. there will be plenty more time for hugs and flowers. I promise."

as Tarek took his little girl, he spoke to Varsha, who, as always, listened attentively.
"Whatever would be easiest for you." She replied, "my family even said that we could stay at the manor if you wanted. You are the one who knows what moves are coming next. What location would suit them best?"
Link:

Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher   A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 9:03 am

Tarek Raiden

Tarek let out a chuckle. “I wonder if any training will get done at all,” he smiled as he looked down at Kaede and rubbed her head. Of course, Tarek was only joking, he knew that both Varsha and Kaede were disciplined enough to stay focused on the task at hand. Although, he would give them extra time for more hugs and such. ^^

“That is a very kind offer,” he said to Varsha regarding the invitation to stay at the manor. It wouldn’t be much different than the estate he lived in. “It would be more comfortable for little Kaede there, although for the techniques I want to teach you, I would prefer that we return to the tower.” Tarek smiled and looked to Kaede. “What do you say sweetheart? Are you willing to camp out for a few nights?” he asked with a smile. He considered Kaede first, if she did not want to camp out, he could always adapt some of his teachings.

Back to top Go down
Varsha
Varsha

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher   A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 10:46 am

Varsha Zere Zakau

Varsha chuckled at Tarek's remark. "I'm not so sure anymore... I may end up spending too much time with my little best friend here..."
she too was speaking jokingly about the not getting anything done part. If Kaede was as disciplined as her parents, or even as much as Varsha was, there would be no problems whatsoever. She looked like a very mellow little girl who had probably seen a few little years of loving discipline.

"How old is she, by the way?" she decided to ask. however old Kaede was, she was very tiny, though if anything that just made her more adorable. Besides, Varsha was barely over 5 feet in height, and she was nearly 20, so height didn't mean much.

Varsha nodded. "I am fine if we go back to the tower, provided your daughter is as well. I suppose we can go there, and if she gets uncomfortable there then we can return to the manor... just my thoughts or anything. Otherwise, I'm ready for the tower..."

Kaede paused for a moment, not wanting to be the one to ruin the fun, so to speak.
"I think I'll be okay, daddy." she smiled sweetly, "besides... Varsha's right."
Varsha smiled... but then paused, leaning up towards Tarek.
"oh... and when we get there I've got a couple things to ask you about regarding my chi paths."

One of the larger reasons she had gotten back to him so soon was because she felt that her chi paths had contracted a little bit over time, perhaps from not being used to being so open. She was not sure, but she knew that he would know it... after all, she wasn't perfect.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher   A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 2:03 pm

Tarek Raiden

Tarek gently took both of little Kaede’s hands in his and rubbed the backs of them gently with his thumb. “Show Varsha how old you are?” he asked Kaede with a smile. It was always the cutest thing to watch her hold her little hands and fingers up proudly.

He continued to listen to Varsha and Kaede, and smiled when the vote seemed to be for the ruined tower outside of the city. Tarek loved camping out in the field, and wanted his daughter to share the experience with him. After all, she lived in a manor every day of her life, and Tarek thought that this would be a nice change of pace.

“Then it is agreed then Varsha, pack your things, we are heading for the tower.” He said with a happy grin. Varsha then mentioned that she wanted to speak to Tarek regarding her chi paths. Tarek smiled. “Of course…Have you been doing your chi opening drills?”

Back to top Go down
Varsha
Varsha

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher   A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 6:09 pm

Varsha Zere Zakau

Kaede smiled sweetly and proudly. "I'm 6!" she replied, "That's this many!" she held up three fingers on each of her little hands.
Varsha couldn't help but squeal, almost hitting as high a pitch as Kaede. she scooped up the little child and kissed her on the forehead. "you are the cutest little flower I have ever seen!" she screeched, her voice still excitedly high. "Master Tarek, she is the cutest little girl I have seen in my life!"

she realized that she might have been a little awkward, and so gently placed Kaede down, straightening both her dress and Kaede's little skirt. "sorry... but she is cute." she chuckled.

"Tower it is then." she said in response to Tarek. "what time should we meet back here? I shouldn't be more than a couple of hours I don't think..."
at his other question, she paused. "err... I have been trying them, but either I haven't done them enough, or my chi paths are just not used to staying so open... my power has slowly weakened a bit over time, and I'm trying to figure out why... but we can worry about that at the tower. it's not like my bending is about to fizzle out or anything."
Link:

[OOC--obviously not just an attempt to have her get another massage. I just don't think that everything should go all easy-peasy sunshine-and-daisies for her. Razz ]
Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher   A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 4:08 am

Tarek Raiden

Tarek laughed. The whole reason he asked her to tell her own age was because she was so cute when she did it. “Believe me Varsha, I know,” he laughed, “she is the cutest little thing on two legs!" He took little Kaede’s hand in his after Varsha put her down. “Don’t worry about it, she likes it and is used to lots of hugs and kisses!” he laughed, squeezing her hand lovingly.

Tarek smiled. “Very well, I think it will be best for you to meet us at the tower, I still need to set up camp and such, so that everything is ready when you arrive.”

He listened intently to her explanation. “Well, we will worry about it at the tower then, if worse comes to worse, I could always open your chi paths again,” he said with a smile. He then picked his daughter up. “Let’s go sweetheart, we will see Varsha again in a few hours, okay?” he said as he gave Varsha a small bow, and began heading for the tower.

Soon they arrived and after telling Kaede an interesting story about the tower and its ancient inhabitants, the Fire Sages, he began setting up camp. He made sure to make things a bit more comfortable than usual, since his six year old daughter was with him. As always she wasn't afraid to help her daddy set up the camp and Tarek had a feeling that she would change some things to make them “pretty.” ^^

Back to top Go down
Varsha
Varsha

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher   A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 2:36 pm

Varsha Zere Zakau

"I believe it." Varsha chuckled, "in fact, it was just proven to me."
Kaede was flattered, and her little cheeks turned pink as she shyly swung one of her little legs.

"that's always good to hear." Varsha smiled as Kozue scooted closer to Tarek once he had taken his daughter's hand, "children who are loved generally show it, and she's showing it quite nicely."

she nodded. "alright then... tower it is."
she remembered where it was and everything, and she was about due for a change in attire anyways. the dress wouldn't hurt, but she wanted to have some actual sparring gear, which meant her karate gi at least. she'd make sure of that.
Varsha respectfully bowed at both of them, saying a fond goodbye to them both and giving little Kaede a pat on the head. she was adorable and Varsha just wanted to gobble her up.

Kaede listened attentively to daddy's story, because he always had something interesting to tell... kind of like Zerviah. She helped him set up camp, also finding a few wildflowers (some of which were just weeds) and adorned a few of the objects, like chairs and tents and the likes with them. she was skittering about on her little tippy-toes, her skirts flowing with her in the breeze generated by wind resistance, when she noticed a red-clad figure approaching them.

"daddy, daddy!" she called out, "Varsha's here, Varsha's here!"
it was another 5 minutes or so before she made it to camp proper, where she set up her own things in the camp. after greetings (And hugs and kisses), Varsha turned back to Tarek.
"I am ready whenever you are." she smiled. This was not in refernce to anything in particular, but she did feel like she would need a chi-opening massage again or something that could help keep her chi paths from contracting. She was dressed in a loose shirt and pants that were both dark red, with a black sash tied around her waist. this time, her feet were bare too.

Link:

Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher   A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 4:28 am

Tarek Raiden

Tarek smiled happily as he watched Kaede skip around daintily, picking flowers and adorning the camp with them. “Hey, you forgot something sweetheart!” he said as he crouched down beside her and put a big, pretty, white flower in her hair. “There, perfect,” he smiled as he let her carry on with what she was doing.

Tarek smiled when he heard Kaede squeal out that Varsha was approaching. He looked up and saw her in the distance. “Hmm…I do think she is going to like what you done with the camp, it was so boring last time, when you weren’t here to make it look nice.” He whispered to her with a chuckle. Soon Varsha had arrived and had set up her own things. Despite the fact that Tarek wanted to start early, he had to wait for an extra twenty minutes due to the long greetings (mostly Kaede and Varsha hugging and kissing) and the fact that Kaede wanted to give Varsha a tour of the new “pretty” camp. Tarek of course didn’t mind, and watched the two girls happily as he took the time to relax a bit.

After the greeting and the tour, Varsha approached Tarek, ready to begin training. Tarek stood and gave her a small bow. “Ah! You brought some better clothes for sparring,” he said approvingly, “I see you are still taking this very seriously…good, very good.” He continued with a grin. With a small hand motion, Tarek gestured toward the tower. “First things first, we need to make sure your chi paths are clear and open, you remember the drill I trust? I’ll meet you inside in five minutes.” He said before looking down at Kaede, “you can go with Varsha if you want sweetheart, just don’t distract her…she is here to train, okay?” he said as he ruffled her hair.

Back to top Go down
Varsha
Varsha

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher   A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 8:02 am

Varsha Zere Zakau

Kaede smiled happily, butterfly kissing Tarek's cheek after he put the flower into her hair. "thanks daddy!" She smiled, "you're the best!"
then the tiny little girl skipped away to finish decorating the camp.when she was finished and had Tarek's opinion on the place, she curtsied proudly, and began her wait for Varsha.

"I hope she does." Kaede smiled, "she will love it if she likes flowers. daddy, look how pretty it is!"
It was actually more than just a few random flowers scattered here and there. Kaede was skilled at sniffing out flowers and arranging them as well. Perhaps Zerviah had taught her a thing or two.

Luckily for Kaede, she did not have to wait very much longer, and once Varsha had arrived, the meet and greet began, which took unnecessarily long, but at the same time, it was very necessary. The hugs, the kisses, the flowers, the acting as if they had never met, Varsha's excited squealing from how adorable little Kaede was; Kaede's squeals from getting squeezed by Varsha... and everything else in between. She also thought that Varsha's new clothes were cool, and talked about them and about flowers as she gave Varsha a little tour of the camp. Varsha silently motioned to Tarek that she was somewhat apologetic for all of this, as she felt like it was rude to keep her teacher waiting. But, based on the smile he had, she doubted that he was upset at all.

She chuckled at Tarek's remark. "well... last time our meeting was a bit unexpected, but aye... this time I'm prepared. And aye... I remember the drill... I have been practicing the breath techniques, and they've helped a little... but my earlier problem still stands." she said politely. She felt that they had kept her chi paths from contracting fully to how they originally were, and hoped that with a few more chi-opening exercises that she would be able to resolve this problem sooner or later.

she stepped inside to go wait for Tarek.
Kaede nodded when daddy told her why Varsha was here.
"okie, daddy." she smiled sweetly, her little "okie" sounding almost exactly like her mother's. "I'll be really quiet."
she softly waved to Varsha, who waved back and then went right back to her exercises. Kaede sat in a little corner with a scroll out, and she was practicing reading it, while Varsha waited for Tarek. Kaede did stare a little at Varsha as she stripped her shirt and pants off, mostly because she was surprised. but... she was a good little girl and went back to her scroll as Varsha sat herself up on the table, now in her underwear. While her clothes had changed... her undergarments were the same dark red ones as last time. xD
Link:

Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher   A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 2:57 am

Tarek Raiden

Five minutes later Tarek entered, smiling when he saw Varsha was ready to begin and when he saw his daughter practicing her reading. He gestured for Varsha to lay face down on the table and undid her bra strap so that he could have an unobstructed path to follow while guiding her chi. It wouldn’t have been a strange sight to Kaede, as Tarek had giving massages like this to her and Katsuo, Sanaki and even Kozue before.

He placed his hands on her lower back and guided them around a bit, before long his hands were rubbing up her back in ‘V’ shape, heading towards her shoulders, pulling energy through her chi paths. “Sometimes it takes a few of these massages to open your chi paths permanently, but remember, you must practice the forms yourself to keep them open. There is no substitute to being able to control your chi paths yourself.” He said as his hands moved down her arms ending on the palms of her hands. “Breathe out,” he said as he pulled his hands of her palms.

Tarek went back to her lower back and continued the same process, deeply massaging her muscles as his index and middle fingers of both hands pulled her chi down her legs and out her feet, and then up her spine, over her head and out of her forehead. He smiled as he ended and fastened her bra again. “Done, you can get changed and we can resume your training back in the training hall.” He said with a smile as he walked over to Kaede.

While Varsha got changed Tarek checked Kaede’s reading a little, she was very good of course. Tarek smiled and called out to Varsha, “That reminds me Varsha, I never told you who Kaede’s mother is,” he laughed, remembering how Varsha knew Sanaki as noble. He also remembered that she was very curious as to his relationship with Sanaki last time they spoke about it.

Back to top Go down
Varsha
Varsha

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher   A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 8:50 am

[OOC--Varsha's skin isn't Water Tribe Dark, but it's sort of like Piandao dark if that makes sense]

Varsha Zere Zakau

During the short wait for Tarek, Kaede glanced up at Varsha, and the two's eyes met.
"You're really pretty." Kaede smiled sweetly, and Varsha chuckled, though her cheeks did go slightly pink.
"Thanks," she replied, "you're really pretty too, Kaede."
this was responded to with a sweet smile before she went back to her book and Varsha waited for Tarek to show up.

It was definitely not a strange sight for Kaede except for one thing. Varsha was a firebender... but she had dark skin. Kaede was not sure she wanted to ask it in front of Varsha, but she thought that only Water Tribe people had dark skin like that. Otherwise, she thought that Varsha was really pretty, even in her underwear. x)

Varsha nodded as Tarek began the massage. "I know, and I have practiced consistently. my parents had to tell me to get some sleep a few times because I was so diligent. I noticed my chi paths contracting and it worried me. But... they are much more open than they were the first time we met, if that means anything."
she frankly hoped it did. when told to breathe out, she did so obediently.

It hadn't bothered her at all when he had unfastened her bra strap, as she knew the purpose for it. Varsha's muscles seemed a bit more toned than last time, which meant that she was staying in very good shape. She was developing an athletic build, which had not been quite as noticeable last time, especially given that she had been sen as a noble.
Varsha felt significantly more energized internally as he finished up and sat up. (once her bra strap had been redone up of course).
"Thanks." she replied, "I'll see you out there."

when Tarek went to check on Kaede, she smiled up at him, showing him her progress proudly.
"daddy?" she also whispered, hoping that Varsha wouldn't hear her. "why does Varsha have dark skin? I thought only waterbenders had dark skin."
it was an entirely curious question and little more. Kaede had just never seen any dark-skinned firebenders.

"Oh?" Varsha called out in response to Tarek's remark, "I bet she's very beautiful too."
Kaede heard this and smiled. "momma's really pretty." she agreed. ^^ Varsha did want to hear the answer again, and as she tied the sash back around her waist, she politely waited for an answer.
Mood: Exhilarated
Link:

Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher   A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 4:28 am

Tarek Raiden

“It made a difference,” Tarek said with a grin, “Your chi paths are much more open than they were the first time. A bit more practice and you won’t even need the massages anymore.” He continued with a nod. He smiled as the massage continued. “I can also see that you have been practicing more Varsha.” He said looking at her body, which was more athletic and toned than last time, “you will be fine, just keep all this dedication and practice up and soon you will be doing things you never thought possible.” He said kindly.

Tarek was impressed by his daughter’s progress and chuckled as she asked him her curious little question. It was one of the many things he loved about his kids; they had very curious minds, just like he did. “Well, Varsha just probably spends a lot of time in the sun sweetheart. Shu Jing always has great weather, since it is so close to the equator.” He answered, also in a whisper, thinking she was cute. ^^

Tarek nodded as Varsha made the remark about his wife probably being very pretty. He would have answered, but Kaede done so for him. “Momma’s really pretty!” she said loudly. Tarek kissed Kaede’s forehead and chuckled. “You would know Varsha, we spoke about her the last time we trained, though I never told you that she was my wife.” He said happily, knowing that she would piece it together.

After all was said and done. Tarek picked Kaede up and carried her to the training room, gesturing for Varsha to follow. “Before we start, I would like to see you go through your drills and practice forms.” He said as he turned, sat and got ready to observe Varsha. The basins along the edge of the room, were already lit. “You watch too sweetheart,” he whispered to Kaede. He knew that she was very much like Varsha in the way she moved and that she could probably learn some things.

Back to top Go down
Varsha
Varsha

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher   A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 1:42 am

Varsha Zere Zakau

Varsha smiled. "that's good to hear... I definitely feel more energized. Hopefully I can keep this up."
She assumed that she would probably need one, maybe two more of these massages in the future. She frankly hoped that she could discipline herself enough to make it one, or ideally, none. She was not sure if she was dreaming within the bounds of reality, but it was still a nice little thought.

she chuckled, noticing that he was looking at her body. It made her blush a little, mostly because she was generally a modest girl, though she had had massages before, and what was going on between her and Tarek here was entirely professional business between teacher and student, and in no way had any sexual connotation of any kind.
"Heh... yeah, you're definitely right about that."
She did look slightly more muscular than the last time they had met, and her muscles definitely seemed much more toned and vivid. However, "Athletic" was still the best description for her, as she was not "buff", nor "ripped". Hers was an average-sized body that, when covered with pants and sleeves, looked about the same as any gangling woman her size. Unlike in the past, when Varsha barely topped 5 feet, now, at age 20, she was easily around 6 feet tall.

she nodded happily in agreement. "Definitely. More discipline, more training, more devotion..."
Varsha loved that word... discipline. She fit it very well, given her orderly, manneristic and obedient nature. Really, it was her incredible discipline that had helped her get so far in life., She loved that about herself.

Kaede nodded happily after hearing Tarek explain why Varsha had dark skin even though she was a firebender.
"But don't we spend lots of time out in the sun too?" she asked, "We go to the beach quite a bit... and mommy's super-light!" she giggled. This too was just a matter of curiosity. Now she wanted to learn how skin colors worked.

When Varsha heard that Sanaki was Tarek's wife, her eyes almsot literally lit up, and her face certainly did too.
"NO. WAY!" she squealed, "That's so adorable! how did I not figure that out earlier!?! where have I been?"
she threw her arms around him, though she was careful not to shove her face forward this time. a few years ago she could do that just fine when she was a foot shorter than him, but now that they were almost the same height, she would have essentially smooched him, which would have just been awkward, especially in front of his little girl.
Kaede, not wanting to be left out of the hug, group hugged them both.

"Well... err, belated congratulations then? I'm sure you're all extremely happy if your daughter is anything to look at."

Soon they were back in the training room. Varsha heard Tarek's instructions, and as Kaede sat down, Varsha took a few deep, concentrated breaths, and began her demonstration. She was good at manipulating the flames around her, and her elegant, swift movements put on a dazzling display for both Tarek and Kaede. She had plenty more to learn, but she was not only advancing swiftly, but she was well-versed in what she was learning.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher   A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 4:20 am

Tarek Raiden

Tarek chuckled. “You are a dedicated, disciplined young woman, as long as you *want* to keep it up, you will have no problems whatsoever. The key to training is patience after all; it takes years to master an element, or to perfect a martial art. Just keep training and practicing, if you feel one area is weaker than another, focus on the weaker area. Do what you must to advance, even if it means fifty more chi opening massages!” he laughed. “Though what I have seen so far, from your chi energy and even your body, you have advanced much faster than average, so don’t worry about it and just keep up the good work!”

Tarek chuckled slightly at Kaede’s curiosity. “Well sweetheart, people are all different, the same reason some people have blue eyes, while others have brown, is the same reason their skin may be a different shade. If we weren't different, we would all be very boring and all look the same!” Tarek smiled and playfully poked her ribs, “but no one else in the world looks just like you, and no one else in the world will looks like Varsha. We are all unique and special.” He chuckled, “and you are just too darn cute!” he whispered in her ear as he playfully tickled her.

Tarek laughed happily as Varsha heard that Sanaki was his wife and gave him a big hug. It was no surprise that Kaede joined in too and he hugged them both tightly. “Thank you Varsha, and yes I am very happy indeed.”

In the training hall, Tarek carefully studied Varsha’s movements and the way she manipulated the fire. All in all, he was very impressed indeed. “Well done Varsha,” he smiled, “I had a feeling you would advance quite quickly but you have surprised me, and in a good way. Your physical technique is flawless, but now I need to see your control, the more spiritual aspect. I want you to create the biggest stream of flame you can conjure, shoot it upwards, and sustain it, for as long as possible.” Tarek knew that sustaining a massive flame was difficult, but it was the perfect test to see how far Varsha had come, and to see her level of control over the flames. He held Kaede’s hand and pulled her closer to him, “It might get quite hot in here, okay sweetheart?” He whispered to Kaede, warning her.

Back to top Go down
Varsha
Varsha

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher   A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 1:06 am

Varsha Zere Zakau

Varsha chuckled. "fair enough... it's just that I also know that you cannot rely too much on any one thing, even if it is a chi massage or a certain strong bending move. If you put all your abilities into one playing piece and that piece gets captured," she was making a reference to chess, "then you suddenly become helpless. discipline, learning your limits, and honing your abilities are all key points in becoming a master. I have plenty of time to reach that level. Thank you..."
she smiled politely and respectfully.

Kaede smiled and giggled. "okie dokie, daddy! besides... Varsha's really pretty. So is mommy! It doesn't matter if your skin is light or brown or black or pink!" she laughed, "everoyne is pretty... right daddy?"
she glanced from Varsha back to Tarek, and then back to Varsha, and finally back to Tarek. This whole time, Varsha was just smiling.

the hug was held for a few moments. "you're welcome." she smiled. "you have done so much for me, for which I am very grateful.

She listened attentively to Tarek's next subject. This would be a tricky test, but she was in it to win it.
"Thank you." she replied in response to his compliment on her other skills. "here goes..."
she took a huge, deep breath, and aimed her hands straight up , spewing a stream of flame. it was solid, and large, and Varsha held it there for at least a minute. However, Tarek would be easily able to notice that she was growing tired, as her chi energy was beginning to convert physical energy, which would subsequently wear her out. This was not so much a problem--just Varsha's determination to keep the flames going.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher   A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 3:53 am

Tarek Raiden

Tarek nodded. “Indeed, we cannot rely on any one thing if we are to be balanced. Which is why I mentioned that you should focus on honing the areas you are the weakest in, without ignoring the areas you are strong in, eventually your weakness will become your strengths.”

Tarek laughed loudly at Kaede and ruffled her hair. “Yes sweetheart, everyone is unique and different and everyone is pretty in their own way.” He lovingly kissed her little nose and chuckled. She obviously hadn’t seen some of the people he had in his travels, but explained it in this way nonetheless.

Tarek intently watched Varsha’s performance. Her flame was bright and strong, but he began to notice her getting tired. He saw that as her chi was being used up, that she started using her physical energy to keep the flames going, which Tarek knew would tire her out quickly. He rubbed his beard softly and continued watching, waiting for her to stop when she felt like she couldn’t keep it up anymore.

Back to top Go down
Varsha
Varsha

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher   A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 12:08 pm

Varsha Zere Zakau

Varsha nodded. "well hopefully I haven't put all my focus into one skillset then, no?" she chuckled.

Kaede giggled happily and nodded. "yeah... just like Zerviah, and Kozue, and you daddy!" she smiled. she looked out at Varsha as she shot her column of flames upward.
"daddy?" she said softly, "Varsha's really pretty..."

Within a given amount of time, Varsha's energy depleted itself, and she fell into a kneeling position, unhurt, but breathing very heavily. She did not utter a word, but slowly turned towards Tarek, a passionate fire in her shimmering golden eyes, and sweat beading up around her face and forehead. It was a wordless way of her asking how she had done.

Condition: Exhausted
Link:

Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher   A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 4:30 pm

Tarek Raiden

Tarek chuckled and squeezed Kaede. “Yes she is sweetheart,” he said laughing, “Although you say everyone is pretty!” He continued, kissing her cheek. Kaede was the sweetest, cutest, most loving little girl and Tarek absolutely adored her, he loved every minute he spent with her. If he wasn’t busy training with Varsha he would probably have scooped her up and taken her for a walk amongst the flowers outside. ^^

Tarek stood and walked up to Varsha as she fell into a kneeling position, breathing heavily. “Very good Varsha! Not only did you create and sustain a massive flame, but you also controlled it, and moulded it to your will. However, you are exhausted…which is normal and nothing to be alarmed about!” he reassured her, “You see, as your chi energy was drained, you began expending physical energy, keeping up the flame by sheer willpower alone... My point is, you don’t need to get exhausted, you create your own chi energy…” he said as he put his index and middle fingers onto her stomach, “…here.”

He looked her up and down a second before continued. “Your physical fatigue and heavy breathing shows that you need to work on your breath control. When in fights, particularly long ones, firebenders need to maintain good breath control to sustain their bending for long periods without using up their physical strength. In other words…breathing correctly helps you create a continuous supply of usable chi energy.”

Tarek smiled and stood to his feet. “Kaede, would you like showing Varsha your breath control exercises?” he asked kindly. He looked at Varsha with a happy smile, “I have taught my kids this since they were very young, and they already have more control then some adults do,” he whispered. It was a basic breathing exercise, using a wide horse stance, and despite its ease and simplicity, it was rarely taught much anymore by firebending instructors. While Tarek could easily have shown the exercise to Varsha, he thought he would let Kaede feel special and show it herself since she had pretty much already mastered the technique.

Back to top Go down
Varsha
Varsha

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher   A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 10:36 am

Varsha Zere Zakau

Kaede giggled happily. This was a beautiful place and she was very happy to be here. While Varsha may not have minded it, it was unlikely that they would be training every moment while they were here.

Varsha looked up at Tarek as he approached her, her face red and a little shiny from the tiny beads of sweat that had formed among her forehead. "So... how do I create chi energy from there... or is that what I just did?" in her kneeling position, she was about at eye level with Kaede. Varsha was still pretty tall.
She nodded as she still listened attentively and respectfully to what Tarek was teaching her, mentally noting various aspects, and telling herself that she would need to practice a lot of breathing exercises. She had great amounts of physical energy, and Tarek would know this, given how much of her athletic build he had just recently seen.

Varsha set her hands on the ground as if to try and pull herself up, but it seemed she needed a few more seconds to fully recover. Incidentally, the next demonstration was not one that Varsha expected, but it made her smile.

Kaede nodded excitedly, eager to impress her new friend the really tall girl. "okie daddy!" she chanted, she skipped a few feet away so that she was about equidistant from both Tarek and Varsha at a good angle, and she took up her little stance and performed the exercise that Tarek had spoken of and slowly but strongly breathing in and out. Her little pose and expression were adorably cute, and Varsha had to stifle a little giggle, because she didn't want to interrupt Kaede's focus.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher   A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 2:19 am

Tarek Raiden

Tarek grinned as he listened to Varsha’s question: "So... how do I create chi energy from there... or is that what I just did?"
“Well,” Tarek started, “The chi energy in your body is much like the ocean, it ebbs and flows from its source in the stomach. It is your life force, and as you inhale, the energy wells up in your stomach, ready to be used. Proper control of your breathing makes you use and create chi energy more efficiently, allowing you to fight for extended periods of time, without expending to much physical energy, which would tire you out…much like now.” He explained.

Tarek watched proudly as Kaede demonstrated the exercises to Varsha. She was much like Varsha in that she was naturally quick and agile, and learned techniques really quickly. Tarek missed his son quite a bit, as he watched Kaede, but knew that Katsuo wouldn’t really enjoy this as much. He would have to take him on another outing. “Perfect! Well done, Kaede,” he smiled before turning to Varsha, “see what she done? Now you try, you will see your fatigue should start disappearing and you will begin feeling rejuvenated.”

Back to top Go down
Varsha
Varsha

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher   A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 12:36 pm

Varsha Zere Zakau

Varsha listened attentively as she always did, and Tarek would also notice that her breathing was very slow, deep, and rhythmic as she worked to catch her breath again. she was also mentally noting what he was saying as she also always did, and knew that this series of lessons would probably center on breathing exercises. That might have been the solution to her problem. She hoped it was.

Varsha's heart fluttered as she watched the tiny little girl take her little stances. she was adorable, and perhaps if it was not for Varsha's strong sense of discipline, she would have abandoned all precepts, jumped up, scooped Kaede up and squeezed her. But, there would be plenty of that later. for now, it was learning time.
Varsha turned back to Tarek and nodded. "alright then."
she stepped up towards Kaede. "Kaede..." she said softly, bending down to look the little girl in the eyes. After all, Kaede was tiny, and Varsha was very tall for a woman.
"can you show me the stance I take please?"

she wanted to see it clearly and up close, but also wanted Kaede to feel important, because in Varsha's eyes, she was.
Kaede happily agreed, and took the stance once more. Varsha emulated it, thanking Kaede. she began breathing in and out slowly but strongly, just as she had been doing when she had been sitting next to Tarek, trying to catch her breath. she hoped she was doing it right.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher   A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher Empty

Back to top Go down

A Rendezvous of Student and Teacher
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next