The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Looking for a Teacher: Part 1 (Open.)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Hirako
Hirako

EXP : 1523

Character Description
Position: Traveller
Nation: Fire Nation

Looking for a Teacher: Part 1 (Open.) Empty
PostSubject: Looking for a Teacher: Part 1 (Open.)   Looking for a Teacher: Part 1 (Open.) EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 9:34 pm

It was a hot sunny day in the fire nation. Hirako was walking down the road towards the Shu Jing he smiled as a couple of brightly colored birds flew past him into a tree. He looked down at the town and smirked the scenery was beautiful "Nothing like back at the farm." Hirako said smiling upon the town. The only thing Hirako could hear apart from his own voice were the chirping of birds and branches blowing in the wind then he walked down to the village looking at the various people who were waving and smiling as he passed.  Hirako waved back thinking 'I would like to live here someday.' but then the thought was drowned by another 'I must find a teacher.' The thought had occurred to him and he stopped in his place. 'What am I doing here? There will be no fire bending teachers here!'  Hirako thought of this and walked into the inn to purchase a cold drink and to shelter from the sun"One cold drink please." Said Hirako and the man looked to him and said "That will be 3 Copper pieces."  Hirako pays the man 3 copper pieces from his pouch. The Bartender passed him the glass full of cold water and Hirako takes it and thanks the man and drinks the water. Hirako while drinking his water wonders where he can find a Fire bending teacher. "Do you happen to know where I may find a fire bending Teacher?" Hirako asked the Bartender.

Last edited by Hirako on Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:24 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Title.)
Back to top Go down
Anya
Anya

EXP : 525

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a Teacher: Part 1 (Open.)   Looking for a Teacher: Part 1 (Open.) EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 1:25 pm

Young Anya Maverick sauntered down the streets of Shu Jing, her various beaded necklaces and belts jingling happily. It was indeed a hot day, though it didn't bother Anya much to her lack of clothing. She stopped suddenly on the side of the street, holding her hand up to shield the summer sun from her pale face. Cocking her head to the side, Anya looked over the building before it. It was shabby-looking, though not unapproachable. Placing her hands behind her back, Anya walked into the shop.

Inside the shop was a various array of trinkets and accessories: it was obviously a shop for tourists. She never understood these shops. Why did people need something to prove they'd traveled to a place? Shaking her head, Anya walked forward into the place. A plump woman who appeared to be in her mid-thirties appeared out of what Anya thought was nowhere; she even jumped back when the woman chirped a small greeting. Anya mumbled a small "hello" before continuing to investigate the shop.

She stopped in front of a small bowl of what looked like small candies. The sign under them said 'try me,' so Anya figured she might as well humor this woman while she was internally criticizing the shop. Anya popped a candy into her mouth, swirling it about with her tongue before immediately spitting it back out. "E-excuse me?" She coughed, searching for something to rid her mouth of the awful taste. "What exactly are those?" The woman began to break down in a fit of giggles immediately; Anya narrowed her eyes, offended at the fact that the woman didn't even try to hide it. "Why, those are soaps my dear! That's why they're next to the water basin!" The woman laughed again, and Anya felt her cheeks immediately begin to flush a deep red.

After Anya had washed her mouth out with some water, she cooed a small 'thanks' before leaving the shop. Still having the slight soap-y taste in her mouth, Anya decided that her next destination would be somewhere to by a quick drink. Throwing one of her pink pig-tails over her shoulder, the young airbender remembered that there was a bar at the inn she was staying at. Turning around, Anya walked towards the direction of the inn.

The small woman sauntered into the inn, taking an immediate right as soon as she saw the bar. Climbing up onto the bar stool, Anya immediately handed the bartender a couple of copper pieces. "One drink please.. Whatever you recommend--and keep the change." She said the last part with a wink. Looking to her left, she noticed a younger-looking man next to her inquiring about a firebending teacher. Anya gave a small laugh, shaking her head. Who would look for a firebending teacher here?

Back to top Go down
Hirako
Hirako

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a Teacher: Part 1 (Open.)   Looking for a Teacher: Part 1 (Open.) EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 3:02 pm

"I would." Said Hirako looking at the girl "I don't exactly know where to find one now do I?" Hirako obviously didn't know this girl or trusted her he thought about this. After all he didn't know where to find a Fire bending teacher."Well where do I find one then?" Hirako asked even though he was going against his mind severely.
Back to top Go down
Sanaki
Sanaki

EXP : 5075
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: None

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a Teacher: Part 1 (Open.)   Looking for a Teacher: Part 1 (Open.) EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 3:28 pm

Sanaki Calameda Zelgius

With her husband deployed to some far-off land that no one had even heard of, Sanaki often found herself doing various things to pass the time. In this case, it even involved visiting taverns in Shu Jing. the people of Shu Jing were generally pretty awesome; with them being stereotyped as dark-skinned martial artists and bending masters.
Sanaki herself was from the City of the Red Maiden, often referred to as the Fire Fountain City. Most people knew her primary persona, but few knew her alter-ego or what she did on her spare time apart from being a noblewoman. That was for her to know and them to find out.

as she enjoyed her drink, so overhead some rambunctious kid asking about a firebending teacher. Well... that was strange. What sort of idiot went looking for a teacher in a tavern? Not exactly one to stand for such foolishness, she decided to intervene.

"Well, boy. you certainly won't find one in here, unless you know what to look for."
she pretended to analyze him, but in reality, was just making a game of it.
"you look fresh off the boat... a little on the dimmer side. Are you even from around here?"
"the true masters will have an aura about them. you will know one when you see one."
as a master herself, Sanaki was familiar with the ins and outs of how they behaved. Also, perhaps for no other reason than boredum, she let little fireballs travel between her deft fingers as she spoke. She was defintiely a noblewoman given her appearance and the way she dressed and carried herself, but she was also adept at other things. Perhaps those swords at her hips were not just for show.
Mood: Deadpan
Condition: Perfect
Link:

Back to top Go down
Hirako
Hirako

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a Teacher: Part 1 (Open.)   Looking for a Teacher: Part 1 (Open.) EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 5:52 pm

"I guess your right... But I might as well try any place I go. You never know what you will find." Looking at the swords pondering if they were just for show but decides he does not want to get on the bad side of this woman. His eyes widen as she plays with the fireball. "Where would I find a teacher?" Hirako asked wondering if he should trust this person or not. A little bit unsure he takes a gulp of his drink.
Back to top Go down
Sanaki
Sanaki

EXP : 5075
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: None

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a Teacher: Part 1 (Open.)   Looking for a Teacher: Part 1 (Open.) EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 10:40 pm

Sanaki Calameda Zelgius

"life is very full of surprises, my dear boy." she assured him, "even I find myself occasionally surprised at myself or about the way my life plays out. If you are seeking a firebending teacher perhaps you should first decide how you wish to specialize. Some specialize in power, others specialize in speed, and others still will incorporate weapons into their bending. Some have combined specialties. It is all about what you seek."

She herself was a jack and a master of many skills, although she did not offer them freely. there were always riddles to give out first.
Mood: Deadpan
Condition: Perfect
Link:

Back to top Go down
Hirako
Hirako

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a Teacher: Part 1 (Open.)   Looking for a Teacher: Part 1 (Open.) EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 8:09 pm

Peers down at his glass and ponders what she just said. Power would make him be able to take down his foes easily but speed would make Hirako be one step ahead of his foes. Hirako thought about this and knew he did not want to use a weapon with fire bending. "I would like to specialize in speed." Said Hirako thinking about it after some time.
Back to top Go down
Hirako
Hirako

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a Teacher: Part 1 (Open.)   Looking for a Teacher: Part 1 (Open.) EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 2:10 pm

After Hirako Said this he walks out of the tavern away from the master to find a fire bedning teacher once more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a Teacher: Part 1 (Open.)   Looking for a Teacher: Part 1 (Open.) Empty

Back to top Go down

Looking for a Teacher: Part 1 (Open.)
Page 1 of 1