The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Food for the soul

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Hikaru
Hikaru

EXP : 100

Character Description
Position: Expert Firebender
Nation: Fire Nation

Food for the soul Empty
PostSubject: Food for the soul   Food for the soul EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 5:34 pm

It was a pretty normal day in the capital, at least for Hikaru it was. He was making his way down a familiar crowded street, it was the one he took everyday to get to his favorite restaurant. He Approached the front of the crowd as he yawned and proceeded to place his hands behind his head as he made his way through the crowd shoving everyone that stood in his path. A smile could be seen on his face as he shoved one person after another, he had no problem if he knocked them down or not, after all they we're in his way not there's, or so he thought. The others we're not as pleased as he was but they didn't bother him because they knew it wouldn't help, he'd just end up ignoring them anyways. Hikaru had finally reached the end of the crowd, it seemed they all had to buy something from the same markets everyday. As he made his way to the restaurant he got a nervous feeling, he quickly reached into his pocket and pulled out a cigarette and popped it into his mouth quickly placing his hand up to it and lighting it, at the same time an elderly man had approached him with an angry look on his face, he proceeded to yell at Hikaru about him 'Shoving all those poor people down.' Hikaru simply looked at him as he took a drag from his cigarette and proceeded to blow the smoke in the mans face, he turned around as he left the man coughing and gagging on the smoke. Hikaru just simply didn't care for anybody or anyone, he was a care free person and that was it.

He turned down into an alley and made his way through a old looking wooden door with a broken sign that was hard to read. It was by far the cheapest restaurant in the capital. It didn't have good looks or anything except the food, that was the only thing that was good here or at least in Hikaru's opinion it was. He sat down in his favorite seat right next to the grill where all the food was cooked. He took one last drag from his cigarette and then proceeded to pinch the tip of it to put out the cigarette, he placed it back into his pocket and then sat there waiting for someone to take his order, he was unaware if anyone else would show up, the place was really empty today, unlike most days where it was filled with at least five or ten people, which really wasn't much but enough.
Back to top Go down
Yoskola
Yoskola

EXP : 475

Character Description
Position: Traveling Fire bender

Food for the soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food for the soul   Food for the soul EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 7:17 pm

”Uncle Bowai, I’m back!” she gave out in a cheerful manner while going through the wooden door, a big smile on her face. Yes, she had come to the right place. Dressed in red loose trousers and more traditional, tight red top with a dragon imprinted on the side, the girl made her way to the counter, only to get greeted by a rather big chef. He looked at least two or three times bigger than the rather curvy nineteen year old, however – he seemed to be rather friendly towards her. Smiling brightly like sunshine at her, even if he was missing one of his front upper teeth. It looked a little comical, really.
”Yoyo! Long time no see! How’s my useless brother doing?” he gave in a low, powerful voice that just seemed to suit the large, bold, narrow eyed man carrying a butcher knife and a stained apron.

Finally stopping at the counter only to lean on it as if to gossip or something, the girl replied a sly smirk playing across her full, rosy lips and her frail hands reaching up so she could rest her chin in them. ”Oh, dad’s still waiting, you know… But he’s getting tan for once, so that’s a plus, right?” she laughed it off, even when it seemed the big guy felt compassion all of a sudden.
”But look at you! Oh? You’ve been losing weight again, haven’t you, Bowai? You sly dog. Soon, you won’t be able to keep those women away, I bet!” she stood straight again and said it laud enough in a cheerful manner. ”Aww, shucks, stop it. You know guys like me stay single right?” ”Oh, please not the ‘lone wolf’ routine. No one really likes being single, uncle. Even I’ve realized it now. So get out there, or I’ll just find some nice old widow for you.” At that they laughed, before the big guy pulled out a towel and threw it over his shoulder. ”Fine, go sit at the grill, I’ll make your favorite today, Yoyo. It’s on the house.””Bu- “No buts, just shush and go take a seat.” And with that the man left for the kitchen once again, leaving Yoskola out there alone. Well, almost alone. There was someone else in the restaurant, too. Yes, there was someone! She guessed she hadn’t really been paying that much attention.

Glancing over to the general direction of the grill and beginning to make her way over there, the girl took the time to actually look over the guy. Well, she just was that curious about most things in life. If he were to notice her gaze, she’d just give a warm smile in response. Hey, not like she was hurting the guy. She was bound to sit near him, there wasn’t a reason why she should act like she disliked him for no reason, right?

Back to top Go down
Hikaru
Hikaru

Character Description

Food for the soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food for the soul   Food for the soul EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 8:59 pm

Hikaru straightened up as he heard a voice yell out. He was a bit startled he didn't really expect someone to bust in and yell for there uncle. He looked over a bit, just a bit so it looked like he wasn't really looking in there direction, he gave his full attention to what the two said to each other. There was a girl there who looked to be about his age or younger and a rather large man who he recognized as the man who cooked his food. The girl was very nice and kind to the big man, saying he had lost weight and how he wont be able to keep the women away, they we're all pretty much lies, or so he thought. He didn't usually eavesdrop on people but this time it was different for at least once today he was bored and had nothing else to do and it seemed he wouldn't be getting his food anytime soon with the big man busy and what not with his chat. It seemed the chat would never end, he sighed in disappointment at the thought of not getting anything to eat, his stomach then gurgled in hunger at the thought of food.

He sat his head down on the table for a while to rest it for a while turning away from the chef and girl. He decided not to pay attention to the conversation anymore as he had heard enough for now. For a while he sat there with his head down until he thought he heard someone walking in his direction, he slowly lifted his head a bit to turn it, and then laid it down again. It was the girl who was talking to the rather big chef, he saw her smile as he looked at her, he smiled slightly back at her, he wasn't really sure what to do. As she took her seat near him he sat up once again and looked at the grill as the big man began to cook on it, he knew it wasn't his food because it didn't look the same as it usually did and he didn't even ask if he wanted anything, he didn't let it bother him he knew he was bound to ask at some point unless of course the man just hated him. He looked over to the girl with a calm look.

"So... Your family owns this place? You must get a lot of free food."

He said with the same look still on his face, he just wanted to ask a simple question even though he thought it was pretty weird to ask that question, he wasn't sure how to approach people unless they we're wanting to start something like a fight or needed some help. He looked her over, she was very good looking or at least that's what he thought.

"Oh yeah. My name is Hikaru and you are?"

He quirked an eyebrow up at her questioningly.
Back to top Go down
Yoskola
Yoskola

EXP : 475

Character Description
Position: Traveling Fire bender

Food for the soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food for the soul   Food for the soul EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 5:09 pm

*Quite amusing… isn’t he?* the thought rand through her mind as she sat down. He just seemed tired. Tired yet a bit comical. Now, what could she tell about him. Probably athletic, judging from the torso. A fighter, maybe? He was a smoker. She could smell the light scent of tobacco imprinting him. Well, it didn’t bother her too much. The girl was a smoker from time to time, too. It just depended on what she felt like. But anyway, back on topic. He didn’t really look like the stuck up type. Judging from the clothing, he wasn’t from the elites. Well, that didn’t have to be a bad thing. Perhaps he wouldn’t make such a profitable target, but still. Actually, now that she took a better look, he wasn’t bad looking. Yes, yes, she could see the charm points he possessed.

As Bowei came to the grill, she only glanced at him with a smile. That man already knew what she wanted. There was no need to ask. So, Yoskola only offered a smile. She actually couldn’t wait. There was something about the way Bowei made food. It just tasted so good. Maybe it was because she was on good terms with him. Or, because this place was so familiar.

*Huh?* He said that she probably got free food often?... Really, now. She only looked at him, her hazel eyes glancing into his, obviously a bit surprised. Yet, the girl chuckled only a second after. ”Well, I guess you could say so?” she responded in a lighthearted manner. ”Well, Bowei here served in the military with my father, so he’s more like family. And… I don’t visit too often, but yeah. I get free food from now and then.” she trailed off, her hand lifting up so she’d be able to tap her chin with her index finger in a thoughtful manner.

”Yeah, you’re right! It’s pretty awesome.” she laughed with a sheepish smile. ”My name? Well, Hikaru, you can call me whatever you want…” she trailed off but this time in a more seductive manner. Then again, she soon smiled, ensuring she was just teasing him.

”The name’s Yoskola. I know, it’s a mouthful. So just Yo or Yosko is fine.” she said in a friendly manner.

”So, what ya’ having?” she asked while pointing to the grill where currently a lot of ‘schhhh’ from the meat meeting hot oil came from.

Back to top Go down
Hikaru
Hikaru

Character Description

Food for the soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food for the soul   Food for the soul EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 5:56 pm

"Ah. You're still lucky though, even if you aren't family. If i got free food from here I'd never leave. Sometimes when i come in here I'm the only customer, i should be getting something special for being so dedicated to eating here."

He said with a calm expression. Even though it sounded like he was kidding he wasn't, he was dead serious about being dedicated to eating here all the time of course he couldn't afford to go anywhere else so he had to eat at the most run down place in the capital, at least it wasn't the worst, some of the nicer places food tasted real bad, probably from all the greed and evil that goes into the food each times its cooked. He was kinda surprised and turned red for a bit when she said he could call her anything in a seductive manner, he wasn't really used to these kind of people we're all the girls in the capital like this? He knew they weren't like that in Shu Jing. He decided to go along with it anyways seeing as he couldn't tell if she was being serious or not.

"Very well then, I'll call you... Um. You'll haft to give me time to think on this."

He laughed a bit as he stared at her. He slumped down in his seat as she revealed her actual name, he sighed in relief he was glad he wouldn't actually haft to give her a name, and yes he was taking everything she said seriously, why wouldn't he? It just didn't seem right not to take it serious and of course he wanted to mess with her head at the same time she looked very suspicious to, like she was up to no good.

"I thought you said i could call you whatever...? Anyways, nice to meet you, Yoskola, i guess I'll just call you, Yosko, it sounds better then Yo."

He adjusted him self upwards in his chair as he was beginning to slip out of it from slumping down in it to much.

"I think I'm just gonna have spice noodles with meat, and maybe some spiced tea to drink."

He thought she was taking his order so she could cook it for him, but it seemed unlikely, was the big man gonna make his food as well at the same time? His stomach gurgled again from thinking about food.

"So hungry... Are you going to cook my food or something? If so i like my meat medium rare, i hope you can cook fast, i think i might fall over dead in a minute from starvation."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Food for the soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food for the soul   Food for the soul Empty

Back to top Go down

Food for the soul
Page 1 of 1