The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A simple trip to the market (OPEN)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Atsuko
Atsuko

EXP : 225

Character Description
Position: Spiritual Reseacher
Nation: Fire Nation

A simple trip to the market (OPEN) Empty
PostSubject: A simple trip to the market (OPEN)   A simple trip to the market (OPEN) EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 10:36 am

Atsuko had been researching how to enter the spirit realm all night, and nothing. She finally came to the conclusion that something was missing, and that she would know what it was when she found it. It may have been early in the mourning, but all that meant to Atsuko was that the shops in the market had fresh inventory. She picked her satchel off of the table. "I'm going out, Tom," she called to her friend in the spirit realm "I'll see you soon enough, there is only one thing missing." And with that, she headed for the market.
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

EXP : 20825
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Avatar
Nation: Water Tribes

PostSubject: Re: A simple trip to the market (OPEN)   A simple trip to the market (OPEN) EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 4:11 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

It had been a while since the avatar had shown her face in the Fire Nation, much less the Capital City. She hadn't done anything that had warranted her ling departure--she was not on the run, she was no war criminal, or any of that. she was just... Zulera.

as was usual, she didn't really have a destination in mind other than the main marketplace. she wasn't even sure why she was going there, or what she'd buy--if anything at all. maybe some fire whiskey if they sold it, but then again, there were taverns for that.
this time she simply walked around keeping her distance and browsing the wares. she got a few hushed whispers of "the avatar" and other fanciful things, and a few even greeted her up close. whatever the case, it wasn't like people were falling at her feet t worship her or anything silly like that. while she *was* awesome, that sort of adoration wa sa bit ecessive in her opinion.

thus, she continued her little stroll, thinking little of anything that had happened thus far.
Mood: Amused
Condition: healthy
Link:

[OOC--kinda just winging it.]
Back to top Go down
Atsuko
Atsuko

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A simple trip to the market (OPEN)   A simple trip to the market (OPEN) EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 4:28 pm

Atsuko had been browsing the market for upwards of an hour, still unsure of what she needed. She was looking at the wares of a salesman, herbs and spices, cheap ones at that, when it hit her, an incredibly powerful soul was disrupting the usual balance of souls. She swiftly turned to face the disturbance. In that direction, the only person that stood out was a water tribe woman, but she didn't seem anything special. Still, Atsuko's curiosity was aroused, she asked the salesman at the stand behind her, "Who is that water tribe woman over there?" "You don't know?" He asked, "That is Avatar Zulera!" Her eyes widened slightly as she came to the realization that she was, indeed, the disturbance.

Atsuko's curiosity got the better of her. She began walking in the Avatar's direction.
Back to top Go down
Daichi Takumi
Daichi Takumi

EXP : 2875

Character Description
Position: Assassin
Nation: Earth Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: A simple trip to the market (OPEN)   A simple trip to the market (OPEN) EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 5:11 pm

Daichi

Daichi liked the fire nation, he liked the power of it's people, and its "take no shit" attitude. He also liked the markets, as they were crowded, which has the potential to be an excellent advantage to somebody of his...profession. He was in one of these said markets, though he was only looking for provisions, and a target, of course. But he was always looking for a target. Daichi was in the middle of examining a particularly enticing Apricot when the usually loud crowd descended into whispers. Daichi stopped examining the Apricot, and slowly turned round, tossing the apricot up and down in his hand. There, a few meters in front of him, stood the avatar herself. Under his breath, Daichi said,"Well, this trip just got a whole lot better."

Mood:Interested
Condition:Healthy

Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A simple trip to the market (OPEN)   A simple trip to the market (OPEN) EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 9:58 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

well, this was strange. she knew that not everyone knew the identity of the Avatar. even saying "a Water Tribe woman" wouldn't be enough, because there were plenty of those, in both poles.

thus, she continued her little stroll, thinking little of anything that had happened thus far. she thought little of it as she usually did, until a young girl in her mid-teens started approaching her. she decided to cut right to the chase, and approached the other girl no less.
"Hey," she raised an eyebrow, but kept her tone relatively polite, "can I help you with something?"
it was an extremely ironic question coming from her, as she was not likely to say yes right off the bat--well, not without some kind of pay or something. maybe if it was something interesting enough... but still.
perhaps she should find out what this was about first.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Atsuko
Atsuko

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A simple trip to the market (OPEN)   A simple trip to the market (OPEN) EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 10:22 pm

Atsuko could not believe her eyes. The Avatar was right there, right in front of her eyes. The one person who could enter the realm of spirits. The one person who could possibly aid her in her research, if there was any hope left. Atsuko didn't know what to say, what to think, what to do. She tried to say... something, but all that came out was, ".....Uh..m...." Now she just stood there, motionless, unable to speak. It was times like this that she would look back at and wish she had grown up with human interaction.
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A simple trip to the market (OPEN)   A simple trip to the market (OPEN) EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 10:31 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Well... now she was curious. clearly either this girl thought Zulera was some sort of celebrity, or perhaps was just socially inept. ether way, it had piqued the curious avatar's interest just enough to keep her hooked.

"hmm?" she raised her eyebrows, seeing if another shot at it might make her be able to spit it out
Link:

Back to top Go down
Atsuko
Atsuko

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A simple trip to the market (OPEN)   A simple trip to the market (OPEN) EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 11:40 pm

Still stunned in fear, she decided to speak up. "You're the Avatar," she said. She was convinced that that had sounded rude. "You can help with my research," she said, and although it should have been a question, it wasn't. Then she stood, frozen once again, unable to say any more. Maybe this was a bad idea, she thought, but she still stood, looking the Avatar in the eye.
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A simple trip to the market (OPEN)   A simple trip to the market (OPEN) EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 11:51 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

"oh?" she raised her eyebrows, "what kind of research? what's it need me for?"
more or less, she was wondering what was in it for her. she certainly wasn't going to volunteer for it--well, unless it was something cool like voodoo magic or spirit shenanigans or the secret to ultimate power or something.

she waited for the girl's answer. a lot of what this answer consisted of would determine her reaction.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Atsuko
Atsuko

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A simple trip to the market (OPEN)   A simple trip to the market (OPEN) EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 9:55 am

Atsuko knew she would have to answer, there was no way around it this time. So she stood her ground, not trying to dodge the question as she usually would. What would she say to please the Avatar, what could she say? Her face had gone pale with fear. " I'm... uh... I'm researching the spirit realm, and , well, there's just one thing missing, and, um, you're the one person who can go there so, I, uh, Could I borrow some of your life essence?" She didn't know what else to say at this time. She waited patiently for the response of the Avatar.
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A simple trip to the market (OPEN)   A simple trip to the market (OPEN) EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 1:17 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

"Life essence?" she raised her eyebrows. it was a strange question, to say the least. "what is that? like, my chi energy? blood? my soul? hmm?"
it piqued her curiosity.

"Uhh... I guess?" she shrugged, "what do I gotta do?" if it was something simple like taking blood and running with it... well no. Zulera would have to be allowed to see it through if she was going to cooperate any. shde decided to mention that. "and will I be allowed to see this little hocus-pocus trick trough?"
Link:

Back to top Go down
Atsuko
Atsuko

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A simple trip to the market (OPEN)   A simple trip to the market (OPEN) EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 2:26 pm

The Avatar seemed determined to see the experiment through, and Atsuko did not want to disappoint her. Atsuko was so scared, that she could no longer smell the various spices and herbs, only feet behind her. She could no longer hear the noise of the crowded market around her. It was as if her and the Avatar were alone, in a desolate wasteland of nothingness. But she did not want to ruin her only chance. As if out of nowhere, the noises of the crowd sparked up again. She could smell the spices, and her face reverted to it's natural complexion. This feeling, one she had never felt before in her life, confidence.

" Yes, Avatar Zulera, you may watch over my project, on one condition: I need you to draw the blood from yourself, it's the only way I can guarantee that a small amount of your life essence will come with it," she said in a confident tone she had never used before. She even surprised herself.

Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A simple trip to the market (OPEN)   A simple trip to the market (OPEN) EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 2:32 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

"I can do that, but I'm not going to do it here and now and in front of everyone. you got a place a little more private I can do this?"
she paused, "And this blood... can it be from anywhere, or is there a certain part of my body it has to come from?"

it'd be a bit weird if the avatar started cutting herself open in an open marketplace, and so she hoped this child had a better, more suitable place that this could be performed. she was still hooked by her own curiosity, and therefore still wanted to see this through. however, she wasn't about to start doing creepy cool stuff in public like this.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Atsuko
Atsuko

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A simple trip to the market (OPEN)   A simple trip to the market (OPEN) EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 3:16 pm

Atsuko couldn't believe it. The Avatar was willing to be experimented on, and to do it herself. Well, she mad it this far, she couldn't stop now. If she lost her confidence, the whole thing would go to shit. She decided what to say next slowly and carefully, honing in on every word to examine it for perfection. Making absolutely sure not to lose the Avatar's attention.

"I run a lab from my house, we can go there. I have syringes there" it hadn't come out at all as she wanted it to, but hopefully the Avatar wouldn't notice.
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A simple trip to the market (OPEN)   A simple trip to the market (OPEN) EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 3:22 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

"sounds goods." she replied, "lead on. is there anything else I should know?"
it was sort of ironic that she just just volunteered herself to be experimented on by a girl who she not only just met a few moments ago, but that she didn't even know the name of
then again, Zulera wasn't exactly good with names, and she usually didn't care anyways.

She followed the girl back to her lab, looking around at her surroundings once they got there. curiosity often got the best of Zulera, but it hadn't killed her yet. besides, if she needed to fight her way out of a tough place, she would be more than willing to do so.
she didn't think it'd come to that though.
"tell me what to do, where and when to do it, and how to do it, and you've got it." she chuckled. the girl's instructions would determine what she would do next.
Link:

[
Back to top Go down
Atsuko
Atsuko

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A simple trip to the market (OPEN)   A simple trip to the market (OPEN) EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 3:41 pm

It was truly a lab to peak ones curiosity. Odd stones and ancient looking books littered the shelves around them. But the main work table was, in a word, unimpressive. It had on it: The smallest and most uninteresting looking book in the room, three scalpels, two syringes, and a piece of green-tinted parchment. Atsuko picked up one of the syringes and offered it up to the Avatar.

"All I need you to do is to take blood from any vain in your body, and then hand the syringe back to me," she said, holding the syringe for the Avatar to take.
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A simple trip to the market (OPEN)   A simple trip to the market (OPEN) EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 4:02 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

"Easy enough," she replied, and she drew her blood without difficulty, taking some from her right arm. she looked at it for a moment, and then handed it back to the girl in question.

"what do I do now?" she shrugged, looking at her. funny, they were the same height, and she was almost twice the girl's age. she decided to take a step back in case things got ugly. she didn't know what sort of black magic was involved here, but she didn't want to die just yet.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A simple trip to the market (OPEN)   A simple trip to the market (OPEN) Empty

Back to top Go down

A simple trip to the market (OPEN)
Page 1 of 1