The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Wild Wind Blows In

Go down 
AuthorMessage

A Wild Wind Blows In Empty
PostSubject: A Wild Wind Blows In   A Wild Wind Blows In EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 7:00 pm

Yeshe Kundun

Walking into the center of a courtyard with his glider, Yeshe began his daily routine. The early morning sun had just began rise only an hour earlier, so now was the ideal time to work on his mental and physical exercises. Taking a defensive stance he began to pivot his body in tight circles, dragging pockets of wind to the core of his body before releasing gusts in on direction and then repeating the process. He picked up speed and power and he continued, molding any poor thoughts or feelings into the wind and letting it carry them away. It was therapeutic to him and one of the only ways he could relief stress. The current conflicts that were occurring around the world as well as the Council's stances on such issues were becoming a strenuous task that no one wanted to deal with for any amount of time. Letting out a long sigh and standing up straight he pushed both palms down in front of his chest as he finished the first set. After completing a dozen or so different sets of exercises he rolled out a thatch mat that he had brought along and sat down on it, taking several pulls from a gourd of water.

Mood: Focused
Condition: Tired

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Wild Wind Blows In   A Wild Wind Blows In EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 9:20 pm

Elaheh "Elie" Kundun

As Yeshe sat and drank his water, he would soon hear the sound of distant barking. An odd sound to hear in a place like this. A more familiar sound for the temple soon followed after it; that sound being the laughter of the temple kids as they were playing. Both sounds would grow louder and louder until their sources climbed into view of the old(ish) man. It seemed as though the children were chasing after a small white dog, it had to be a puppy based on the size. All involved seemed to be having a blast. Given that the children had likely never seen a dog before this, it was understandable, and given the fact that the puppy was a puppy it could be entertained by just about anything.

Seeing as some strange commodity had been brought into the temple once again, Yeshe had probably guessed what was going on at this point. Only about one person would bring stuff from the outside world in and immediately let the children play with it. The pup immediately ran right into the courtyard, the three or four children who had been chasing it following right behind it. Meanwhile, one more thing would be coming into view. This being a very familiar face to Yeshe. That of his daughter, Elie. She was carrying one of the youngest girls of the group in her arms while another of the younger ones trailed at her side, holding onto her scarf as they walked. Knowing her father, the first thing he was likely to notice was her latest tattoo. This being the intricate windflower design on her exposed stomach, which she did not have the last time she had came to visit him.

The pup at this point had turned back around after having run past Yeshe with the kids before, this time stumbling over itself and falling down. It quickly sat back up though and looked up at Yeshe, looking at him in a confused manner, right in the eyes. The children were laughing at the pup's slip up, but still remembered to greet "Master Kundun" properly after they finished their laughter. Elie had reached her father's position at this point, laughing a little at the puppy before talking to Yeshe. "Well, pops, here's our new dog. Taiku's his name."

Mood: Amused
Condition: Great

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Wild Wind Blows In   A Wild Wind Blows In EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 9:05 am

Yeshe Kundun

The sound of barking to Yeshe was foreign to him, the laughter however was not. As the noises approached a small white dog rounded the corner followed by a few of the children. A smile crossed his face as he saw his daughter come into view from where he was sitting but turned into a confused and somewhat disappointed look as he saw the new tattoo on her stomach. His attention was diverted however by the small yapping creature that had come to a halt in front of him, staring up at him with a confused look as he gave it the same look back. Reaching out a hand he scratched the dog behind the ear before standing up. Looking over Elaheh's attire he shook his head before making the kids disperse from the courtyard, promising that Eli would still be her when they returned, though their attention seemed to be more focused on the new animal and less on the traveling girl.

"Our new dog? I hope you didn't think I'm taking care of it while you're off in the Earth Kingdom taking care of business. I don't even know what it eats let alone how to care for it." He bent over and picked up the small dog gently with his hands, bringing it to eye level with Elaheh. Grabbing his staff he began to walk in direction of their small apartment that was around the corner from the courtyard. Walking through the doorway of their living area he closed the door with a small gust after Elaheh had made it through, putting the dog on the ground so it could walk around freely without running around the rest of the temple.

“So when did you get that?” He inquired at the tattoo on her stomach, a look of disaprovment and confusion could be easily read across his face.

Mood: Quizzical

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Wild Wind Blows In   A Wild Wind Blows In EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 2:24 pm

Elaheh "Elie" Kundun

As her father dispersed the children, Elie gave him a disapproving look. He knew perfectly well that Elie liked spending time with these kids, though she also had a feeling he sent them off so he could nag her about something, giving her disapproving look a two-fold meaning. She went back to a smile though as she put down the girl she was carrying and waved off the children, tacking on a "sooner rather than later" comment to her father's promise that they'd see her again soon. Having leaned down to put the girl down, Elie now stood up as her father spoke. She laughed a little bit before responding.

"No, no. Of course not pops. Tai here's my partner. He'll be coming with me. But what's mine is yours to. Even if you never take the stuff I try and give you." Elie finished with a wink, knowing perfectly well why Yeshe never took anything from her, but also knew he wouldn't be able to explain himself since they were out in the open, effectively letting her pick on him with no retribution...for now anyways. As he led the three of them back to their place, Elie purposely walked slowly, just to take way more time than she really needed, her own little way of avoiding the inevitable.

Of course, that could really only last a short time until they arrived back home. And almost immediately upon arrival, her expected outcome came about. Her being her, she immediately tried to play it off, giving her father a familiar smile. "It's pretty, huh? It's a windflower. It stands for..." She stopped as it became obvious that his opinion wouldn't be changing. She gave him a frown now instead. "Why do you make such a big deal when I come home with tattoos? You have 'em too ya know..."
Mood: Frustrated
Condition: A-Okay

Last edited by Elaheh on Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Wild Wind Blows In   A Wild Wind Blows In EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 4:14 pm

Yeshe wrote:

Yeshe Kundun

"That's because mine are milestones of how far one has made it in the tiers of airbending, you should already knows this." Yeshe rubbed his forehead with one hand as he paced around the room. He knew he couldn't force her to stay where she didn't want to be, but he wished that she had stayed at the temple instead of running off. With her line of business and attitude he worried constantly that something unpleasant would happen to her and he'd have no way of knowing if she was in trouble. Every time she came home he had a lecture waiting for her and he never enjoyed giving it, he had a feeling it was one of the reasons she left in the first place.

With the last meeting with the Southern Air Council he knew there was tension between the Earth Kingdom and the Fire Nation, his main concern was for Elie if she was ever caught in the initiation of a clash of the Nations. "So tell me, what does it mean Elaheh? Oh, and have you heard anything of interest on your travels? I'm not able to get out much myself and you're the one who usually has the inside scoop on what's going on with everyone out there." He thumbed out the window shaped hole in the wall. Maybe he could talk her into staying here until the conflict died down...then again that was as likely as convincing her to stay here to finish her initial training.

Mood: Quizzical

Last edited by Yeshe on Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Wild Wind Blows In   A Wild Wind Blows In EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 4:45 pm

Elaheh "Elie" Kundun

"Mine are milestones to! I got this one after I...Uh...Never mind." Elie had started pointing at a specific part of her intricate arm tattoo, but then stopped when she realized that that particular story wasn't one that her father needed to hear about. He didn't really like it when she talked about "work" and she was all ready in enough trouble as it stood. Luckily he seemed to be trying to change the subject. That was a plus. She gladly did so.

"Oh. Well the name should give you a hint to the main part. Windflower's probably not a subtle name, huh? Anyways, the windflower is a crazy poisonous plant. It causes all sorts of horrible problems in both humans and animals. It's what you call rough around the edges. Buuuuuuuut it can also be used as medicine if you use it right. So it can't possibly be all that bad, huh? Also it's pretty. Sound like someone you know? A little bit tough to deal with, but also super nice and as pretty as can be?" Elie finished with a joking smile before moving on to her father's next question.

"Well maybe if you would get out more, that wouldn't be so much of a problem, huh pops?" Elie said, joking again with a wink. She knew her father would never leave, though she did wish she could take him to see a few of the more fanciful places she had been. She knew his job didn't really allow for such things, but then again Elie didn't put much stock in the concept of a "job" or "responsibilities" keeping people from doing what they want. She didn't really dwell on that much and just continued.

"Lesse...What have I been hearing...It seems like the Fire Nation and the Water Tribes seem to want to go destroy the ever loving crap out of the Earth Kingdom, though I dunno why. I think someone died or something." Elie said this quite nonchalantly, making it obvious that she didn't think this was of any concern to her or affect her in anyway, unknowingly crushing her father's hopes that she could be convinced to stay. "Oh! And there's also this rumor going around that the Avatar has been reborn in the form of an Arctic Hippo...I don't think I believe that one though. And...Hmm..."

Mood: Amused
Condition: A-Okay

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Wild Wind Blows In   A Wild Wind Blows In EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 10:30 pm

Yeshe Kundun

"Mhm." He shook his head at her attempt to explain one of the markings on her body, but her justification for the newest one had him intrigued. The symbolism behind it he appreciated to an extent, however he still didn't like her getting one for the same reason that he didn't enjoy hearing about her "job" so to speak. Yes she enjoyed what she did and that's what should matter but for the most part, and all Yeshe could think about was the legality of her actions and if she ever was caught or punished for doing the things she's done or will do. "It is very nice Elie, just try not to cover yourself with them..." He knew she would never do something as daft as that but he had to say something.

"I would go out more if I had the time but the Council right now has everyone all call and has been for...well a while now." He watched the dog make itself comfortable on a sleeping mat, reminding him empty it was up here with a temple full of people. "There will be conflict, I can tell you that now. The council and I have already discussed the situation between the Nations and it's not looking good. My concern is you being out there while this is happening. If anyone from the Water Tribes or Fire Nations find out you're an airbender or if the Earth Kingdom is attacked while you're traveling I don't want you getting caught in all of that. The safest place for you right now is at the Temple. Now I know you're going to say you can take care of yourself and such but you can't guarantee that." He ignored he joke of the avatar, finding it in poor taste to mock such a deity "If ever the Fire Nation or Water Tribe attempts to make contact with the Air Temples by force we have taken precautions against such things. Besides, it would be good to have another set of hands around here for chores, fending off anyone who might arrive in the coming months if this conflict continues without any diplomatic influence, hanging with your old man. I know the kids wouldn't mind you and uh...Takkum here staying a bit longer than normal." His half baked speech most likely wasn't going to get the response he was hoping, but it was something he thought had to be said before she left again just to warn her.

Mood: Desperate

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Wild Wind Blows In   A Wild Wind Blows In EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 1:31 am

Elaheh "Elie" Kundun

"His name is Taiku. TAI-KU. Not Takkun. Who names an animal Takkun? That's a terrible name. Especially if it was a cat and not a dog..." Elie said, going off on her own little tangent after her father spoke to her. It wasn't really that she was ignoring the things her father was saying, it was just that she figured him getting Taiku's name right was more important at the time. Which also spoke volumes about how much of a danger she had actually figured this war was to her. As far as she was concerned, a singular person not getting involved with a war was easier. She also had it figured that the Air Nomads would be pretty much left alone, so she wasn't all that worried, neither did she have even the slightest inkling that she could be incorrect. Her complete lack of concern would pretty quickly dash any hopes her father had of her staying.

"You're right pops, I am gonna tell you that." Elie said with a laugh. She then turned what he had said back around on him so she could avoid having to stay here for an overly extended time period. "And if you're gonna threaten me with chores, then I definitely can't be sticking around here now can I?"
Mood: Bemused
Condition: Fine

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Wild Wind Blows In   A Wild Wind Blows In EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 4:31 pm

Yeshe Kundun

"Tauku, my mistake." He rolled his eyes as Elie went off on her tangent. As she responded with her little quip he just gave in; it was easier than trying to reason with her at all. "Fine, feel free to leave whenever you want Elaheh." Her thought process was one that he found difficult to deal with, first thinking it was something she was doing because she was young he was sadly disproved when she reached adulthood and continued to skip out on important lessons and eventually leave the temple and her father all together. "I wasn't..." he sighed " Never mind that...Just a heads up, the council has sent a notice to the Earth Kingdom accepting military aid, however they're to remain on the shore below. I'm just letting you know so if they're still here when you come back you can get by if you mention your my daughter. Then again you'll probably just sneak by them like you do with any law enforcement." Any expression on his face was nonexistent as he contemplated how to change the subject from where he had taken it.

"How have your travels been?" His tone changed from upset to a more upbeat tone.

Mood: Desperate

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Wild Wind Blows In   A Wild Wind Blows In Empty

Back to top Go down

A Wild Wind Blows In
Page 1 of 1