The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Whispers of the Past [Katsuo]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Korra
Korra

EXP : 5270
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Whispers of the Past [Katsuo] Empty
PostSubject: Whispers of the Past [Katsuo]   Whispers of the Past [Katsuo] EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 12:35 am

Korra Tonraizi

Oddly enough, the whole incident with Obsidian and fighting off all of those assailants had not been as frightening to her as the initial impression she had gotten of the scary masked man. She knew that he was not going to harm her... but she could not get over some of the masks she had seen both on the assassins they had stopped, and on the man himself. It seemed like a silly thing to be afraid of, but Korra's sensitivity to masks, odd smells, and peculiar beverages was well-merited.

It showed as she returned to her retreat for the day, a certain anxiety showing in her visage and posture that would still be recognized by those around her, such as Katsuo. However, Korra was not exactly the type to say something up front. Prodding would be required.
Mood: Anxious
Condition: Tense
Link: Korra

Back to top Go down
Katsuo
Katsuo

EXP : 800

PostSubject: Re: Whispers of the Past [Katsuo]   Whispers of the Past [Katsuo] EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 4:07 am

Katsuo had some things to finish up in the Fire Nation before he moved to Zulera City with his sister and girlfriend, but he had finally arrived.  He was still unpacking his things with his back towards the door when Korra arrived.  “Oh there you are,” he chuckled, using his heat sense to determine who had just walked in the door.  “I almost came looking for you.”  He continued with a smile as he turned around to get a good look at her.  He immediately noticed something was wrong Korra, she just seemed off.  “Korra?  You okay?”

Katsuo
Katsuo

Back to top Go down
Korra
Korra

PostSubject: Re: Whispers of the Past [Katsuo]   Whispers of the Past [Katsuo] EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 5:06 am

Korra Tonraizi

Korra gave pause as Katsuo asked her the question.
"I'm... I'm feeling alright," she admitted truthfully. Physically, she was still in surprisingly great health. All of the drugging and poisoning done by Daikon had since subsided, leaving her immune system stronger than ever. Mentally and emotionally though... she felt like a wreck--as usual.

"It's the damn trauma again." she clutched her head, lowering it in shame. "I mean, I know I can't just expect it to go away... but why? why do I feel so weak and so helpless like this? I can't even get over it... it just... stays with me. And it's stupid too... it's over people in masks that I KNOW aren't even dangerous... or weird smells that I don't recognize... or people getting too close to me."

She sighed, her blue eyes meeting Katsuo's golden ones.
"Why can't I be brave like you?" she asked him.
Mood: Anxious
Condition: Tense

Back to top Go down
Katsuo
Katsuo

PostSubject: Re: Whispers of the Past [Katsuo]   Whispers of the Past [Katsuo] EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 4:22 am

Katsuo’s heart broke for poor Korra. She had endured an evil so abominable that Katsuo wouldn’t have wished it on his worst enemy. He was always there for her, but felt helpless in that he could ultimately not protect her from the darkness within her. He stood up and made a beeline for Korra with arms outstretched. He grabbed her and held her lovingly in his strong arms for a moment. “You are the bravest girl I know Korra, I have seen strong men, veterans of war, break-down for much less then what you have endured. Yet here you are…things aren’t perfect true, but we are getting there…”

Katsuo
Katsuo

Back to top Go down
Korra
Korra

PostSubject: Re: Whispers of the Past [Katsuo]   Whispers of the Past [Katsuo] EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 5:43 am

Korra Tonraizi

Korra gratefully accepted the embrace, nestling her head into the crook of Katsuo's shoulder with another sigh. "I just wish I could feel brave..." she complained, "instead of being so jumpy and jittery all the time. It's just... I've seen you. you're always so bold, so fearless as you defend yourself or your loved ones... and your parents are like my idols... never wavering, despite everything they've seen and done. And here I am as a whiny teenager." Her compliments were true though. She really did look up to and admire the Raidens for their courage and wisdom.

"I... I know I'm not useless... and that I'm not helpless... I just wish I could stop feeling like I was." she knew the problem, and the part that hurt her the most was that she felt like she couldn't do anything about it by herself.
Mood: Distraught
Condition: Depressed

Back to top Go down
Katsuo
Katsuo

PostSubject: Re: Whispers of the Past [Katsuo]   Whispers of the Past [Katsuo] EmptySat May 30, 2015 5:07 am

Katsuo gave Korra a small peck on the forehead. “You know, being brave isn’t about having no fear, it’s about facing it.  Daikon was a deceiver, everything he made you believe about yourself is lies.  Everything her told you, everything he made you, its all lies.  I know the wounds are still fresh, but you will begin to see it one day.  You will look in the mirror and see past his lies...you will see the beautiful person you really are underneath it all.  The real you, not the you that Daikon fabricated in your mind.”

Katsuo wasn’t Tarek, but sometimes his Father’s wisdom came out to the surface.  He wasn’t sure if the advice would help Korra, but he spoe from his heart and meant what he said, that had to count for something.  There was no way he was going to let Daikon affect Korra any further if he could help it.

Katsuo (18)
Kaede (18)

Back to top Go down
Korra
Korra

PostSubject: Re: Whispers of the Past [Katsuo]   Whispers of the Past [Katsuo] EmptySat May 30, 2015 5:44 am

Korra Tonraizi

Korra wasn't necessarily even looking for a Tarek all the time. His words were nice, and applied to people of all ages, but it also helped her on a more intimate level, to have someone her age talk about it to her, and understand a little of what she had been through, which was why she appreciated Katsuo. the trauma that poor Ms. Tonraizi had suffered over the last few years of her life could have broken men of twice her strength.

"but that's just it..." she shook her head, clinging a little to Katsuo. "I know that I'm not weak... I know that I'm not helpless... and yet, I can't help but still battle with thoughts that I am... How am I supposed to face my fears if my fears send me into a wild frenzied panick and make me all but wet myself mortal terror each time I encounter them?"
Korra's struggles in school came from her inability to focus because of the severe mental and emotional damage she had suffered. In truth, she was very intelligent and, as she had thus displayed so far, rather eloquent.

"how do I face these lies and convince myself to believe they're false?" she asked, "Other than..." she glanced down at her feet, trailing off. The last time she had been 'convinced' of one thing or another, had been through brainwash and torture. She was not about to undergo that again even fit did achieve the reverse effect that she sought.
her eyes watered as she laid her head on Katsuo's shoulder and sighed.

Back to top Go down
Katsuo
Katsuo

PostSubject: Re: Whispers of the Past [Katsuo]   Whispers of the Past [Katsuo] EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 7:35 am

Most people would think Katsuo wasn’t the patient type.  Truthfully, he probably wasn’t, but when it came to Korra, he could be the most patient and understanding guy in the world.  He heard her out and let her say what she needed to say.  Then with kind smile, he sat her up and wiped the tears from her eyes.  “You don’t face your fears alone, that’s what you do.” replied Katsuo, “That’s why sis and I came with you here to Zulera City, so you don’t have to face your fears alone.  And about dealing with his lies...all you need to do, is tell yourself the truth.  It will be a long process, but with enough positive reinforcement, you will start believing your own truth...not his.”

Katsuo (18)
Kaede (18)

Back to top Go down
Korra
Korra

PostSubject: Re: Whispers of the Past [Katsuo]   Whispers of the Past [Katsuo] EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 4:45 am

Korra Tonraizi

Korra nodded, and sighed again. "I'm trying..." she promised, "I really am. It's just... the nightmares... the flashbacks... I can't ever stop those, it feels like. They continue to assault me at the worst times... just when I expect that I'm safe, bam. one hits me..."
Her blue eyes did not leave Katsuo's for even a moment, although hers were rather red from her crying. "It's like... a cross between depression and anxiety. It's feeling sad for no reason and then also having that heart-stopping feeling you get when you miss a step or lean back too far in a chair... except that that's me all. the. time."

she lowered her head. "I'm a wreck, Katsuo. I'm a mental and an emotional catastrophe. I'm scared and I'm sad and I just... I don't know what else I can do besides bitch and whine about it some more."
She was having a really bad day today, and not really for any reason either. It was just... one of *those* days.

Back to top Go down
Katsuo
Katsuo

PostSubject: Re: Whispers of the Past [Katsuo]   Whispers of the Past [Katsuo] EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 7:53 am

Katsuo and Korra had become close since Tarek helped Aveline remove Daikon’s psyche from Korra.  And although the mad villain was gone, the damage he done was still very real to Korra.  Just as a deep wound leaves behind scars, so did Daikon’s influence over Korra.  Katsuo knew this well, and in his short relationship with Korra he learned that there were good days and there were bad days.  Today was one of those bad days.

Katsuo stood to his feet, taking Korra’s hands in his.  “You’re okay Korra.  You’re okay.  This feeling won’t last forever.  Daikon didn’t win.  He is gone and you are here.  With me.  Come here.” said Katsuo in a gentle tone as he scooped Korra up into his arms and comforted her.

Katsuo
Katsuo

Back to top Go down
Korra
Korra

PostSubject: Re: Whispers of the Past [Katsuo]   Whispers of the Past [Katsuo] EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 11:13 pm

Korra Tonraizi

The hole in Korra's soul was much like the kind people had when they lost someone dear to her, except in Korra's case, it was a matter of being so horrifically traumatized by a man who had fundamentally transformed her, that it was more like ripping an infected part of her persona out of her, leaving the scarred, damaged remains, even if they were still (mostly) good.

"But what if..." she began, slipping into Katsuo's embrace, "what if he's alive and... and... and he... he..." she trailed off, Katsuo's comforting touches shutting her up. she sighed.
"It's hard, dealing with something that consumes you... it's like my mind is a picture book, where every 3rd picture is of him..." she trailed off, nestling her face into his shoulder.
"please don't ever leave me..." she pleaded in little more than a whimper. So broken and ravaged was her life that the Raidens were something of a lifeline. She couldn't afford to think of what she'd be like without them.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whispers of the Past [Katsuo]   Whispers of the Past [Katsuo] Empty

Back to top Go down

Whispers of the Past [Katsuo]
Page 1 of 1