The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mostly Harmless [Jian Li]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

EXP : 13490

Character Description
Position: Jack Of All Trades
Nation: Fire Nation

Mostly Harmless [Jian Li] Empty
PostSubject: Mostly Harmless [Jian Li]   Mostly Harmless [Jian Li] EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 6:55 am

Kei

Upon obtaining and repairing the medium class zeppelin, Thunder Child, Kei had begun to receive a higher influx of jobs. Of course, the biggest problem he currently had was that in fact Thunder Child was an unlicensed airship. This made air travel into cities a bit difficult since soldiers usually checked for licenses. Kei couldn't simply getting a licenses for Thunder Child as it once was Earth Kingdom property, and the way Kei came into possession of Thunder Child was a bit... illegal.

With this being the case, most of the shipping jobs Kei was offered were often jobs that dealt with shady people, doing sketchy business. Drug trade, illegal weapon transportation, It was these types of jobs Kei turned down, mostly because he felt they weren't his 'style' and disapproved of what they supported.

While staying in Ba Sing Se, Kei was offered a job involving the shipment of some 'Special Cargo'. The man to offer him this job seemed to be a noble. From what the noble told him, Kei was to transport cargo from Ba Sing Se to the Northern Air Temple. The noble also told Kei that the cargo would contain a living creature, but refused to tell Kei what the creature was.

The noble mentioned that the reason Kei was the one to be offered the job and not a normal shipping company was because the creature was valuable to the Earth Kingdom Government, and they would have confiscated it. With that being the case, the noble had to resort to secrecy when shipping the creature. Kei, being invisible as he was not in the Ba Sing Se ledgers, was a perfect candidate for such a job. Kei figured this job wouldn't be too bad, especially since he was dealing with Air Monks, of which were usually morally good, right? Whether this was the case or not, the pay at the very least was great, and Kei really needed money.

There was one catch to the job however, the noble wouldn't come along, but he wanted Kei to find one other person to aid him on the job. The noble said he would feel more comfortable with an extra pair of eyes watching over the creature. That being said, Kei figured the easiest way to find an extra pair of hands at some second-rate bar.

In the lower rings of Ba Sing Se, Kei walked into a bar called "Vintage Mud", upon walking in, Kei called out, "Oi, anyone in here want a way to make some quick easy cash?! I know half of you are probably broke anyways, so don't be reluctant to accept my offer!"

Mood: Bored
Condition: Mostly Fine

Back to top Go down
Jian Li
Jian Li

EXP : 180

Character Description
Position: Wayfarer
Nation: Earth Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Mostly Harmless [Jian Li]   Mostly Harmless [Jian Li] EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 11:19 am

Jian "Wei Xiao" Li

Jian sat in a slightly dark tavern with a wooden interior and a green carpeted floors. He had a book in one hand and his cup of tea in the other while sitting cross legged behind a table in the corner. Still, as discrete as he tried to be the effort appeared to be nullified by some factor he wasn’t aware of, his clothes and having books wrapped in a bandage.  It has already been a week since Jian left his house from the upper ring. He has swarmed around in the lower rings ever since, not know what exactly he was looking for. The little bit of money, relatively, he brought with him was almost completely spent. The fact that he got mugged not two days ago didn’t really help either and being this poor made him look kind of pitiful, and it was something he has never experienced before.

Jian took the last zip of his tea with a line of tea going over his chin as he put it back down. Darn it, he was thirsty, and hungry as well. So little could he do about it. He knew he was on a quest for power through knowledge as they open new possibilities. However, this book with “knowledge” wasn’t going to help him now, nor will it get him food or drinks. He sighed deeply, the thought of just giving up was pretty tempting. It would be easier for him to just go back home and live a luxurious life again. All he still had were some books from home wrapped in a bandage and the small amount of coins he had left.

“…small ripples leading to Tsunami’s of change.”

After he read that Jian grinned and closed the book. If that was true I must have made one hell of a ripple, but where is my Tsunami? Even though it was one of his favorite books as bounteous as the book was in giving wisdom, as miserly is it in clarifying its true meaning. He was supposed to have patience  but with the little time he had he-

His thoughts got broken abruptly by a rather heavily armed man that barged in the tavern and started screaming something ‘easy cash’, ‘offer’. Even though he felt the man was rather inconsiderate and he usually wouldn’t have taken the time to pay attention to these kind of people. However, if your situation is different you also proceed differently for the desired outcome. He glanced at his tea cup before approaching the figure to make sure it was empty. While it still needed to get through to the people in the bar all eyes were on the man and without hesitation Jian stood up and walked to the man. As he walked to the man he scanned his equipment and it actually made him look more intimidating with each step he took, but this was his chance.

“I’m in. What’s the job?”

The tall boy stood in front of the man staring straight into the man’s eyes. There was no time for doubt. He would do be into almost anything that the man would ask him to do. Why else would someone like him, who looked capable of doing things himself, need someone else? Could this have been the Tsunami he was waiting for?

Mood: Curious and tense
Condition: Somewhat hungry

Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Mostly Harmless [Jian Li]   Mostly Harmless [Jian Li] EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 5:30 am

Kei

Kei eyed the person who accepted his offer. He was just a little taller than Kei himself, but he also looked relatively young, like he was in his teens. Usually Kei would have done a little more looking into someone he didn't know before he would have them join him on his job. But in all honesty, this job was suppossed to be real easy and the kid really didn't look that bad.

"A simple delivery job." Kei said in response, "I've got a client who wants me to deliver important cargo to the Northern Air Temple. We would be traveling by airship, so we'd be back on finished with the job within the week. Usually I'd be able to do this on my own, but my client wants me to bring someone else along."

"Anyways, If this suits your style and you'd like to join," Kei said, "Grab your stuff. We leave in 2 hours."

Back to top Go down
Jian Li
Jian Li

EXP : 180

Character Description
Position: Wayfarer
Nation: Earth Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Mostly Harmless [Jian Li]   Mostly Harmless [Jian Li] EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 12:48 pm

Jian "Wei Xiao" Li

Jian grinned. It was really funny to him that the man would immediately brief him for the mission yet, he could really appreciate his directness. It was easy to work with and gave him a reliable impression of the man standing in front of him. The first thing he thought was important was to know if he was not just being kidnapped. It would be a laughing matter if he would just willingly give himself in kidnappers but briefing him in the middle of the pub with everyone’s attention. He obviously had nothing to hide. Jian liked this guy already.

The job didn’t really sound too difficult all tough it’s still weird that the client demanded two people for the job. It made Jian quite suspicious of what they could be moving and the pay was good too. The man couldn’t possibly  be smuggling, yet it was important. Jian preferred talking this over with him preferably with a cup of tea, as it was more his style but the man didn’t really looked interested in that. First of all, who was he?

“Hi, my name is Jian Li. Thanks for letting me in on the mission, sir. I won’t disappoint you, I promise! What is your name, sir?”

Jian reached out his hand. “Nice to meet you.” He said with a kind hearted smile and waved the man to come outside with him. Right in front of the shop he would wait for the man to join him before mixing in with the crowd.

“I didn’t like the tea.” He said jokingly waiting to be inaudible for the people inside. His face changed after he got out of sight making a very serious impression. “So, what are we moving?” He just wanted to be sure of what they’d be doing. He dropped the seriousness.
“So how will you be going to the airship from here? Can I accompany you? ”
Mood: Curious and tense
Condition: Somewhat hungry

Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Mostly Harmless [Jian Li]   Mostly Harmless [Jian Li] EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 9:05 am

Kei

Kei eyed the person who accepted his offer. He was just a little taller than Kei himself, but he also looked relatively young, like he was in his teens. Usually Kei would have done a little more looking into someone he didn't know before he would have them join him on his job. But in all honesty, this job was suppossed to be real easy and the kid really didn't look that bad.

"A simple delivery job." Kei said in response, "I've got a client who wants me to deliver important cargo to the Northern Air Temple. We would be traveling by airship, so we'd be back on finished with the job within the week. Usually I'd be able to do this on my own, but my client wants me to bring someone else along. I don't know what we're moving other than that the cargo would be alive, so your guess would be as good as mine as I have yet to see what the cargo looks like."

Kei followed Jian Li out of the bar and in reply to his comment on the tea, Kei said, "I hear ya, it's hard to find good tea these days. I've even gotten to the point where I believe that good tea doesn't actually exist anymore and that the art of making good tea has recently become a lost art."

Kei then shook his head and continued, "Anyways, enough of my rambling on, I'll be here if you want to run home and grab some things. When your ready, we'll head to my Airship parked outside of the city."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mostly Harmless [Jian Li]   Mostly Harmless [Jian Li] Empty

Back to top Go down

Mostly Harmless [Jian Li]
Page 1 of 1