The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Thunder Child [Closed]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

EXP : 13490

Character Description
Position: Jack Of All Trades
Nation: Fire Nation

Thunder Child [Closed] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thunder Child [Closed]   Thunder Child [Closed] - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 10:29 am

Kei

Kei would most likely pay Zulera back eventually... maybe...

If she remembered and really forced him to do so in the future then yeah, Kei probably would.

"Sweet," Kei happily said. "I guess there isn't much for me to do at the moment then is there?"

At the moment, it seemed that the repairs were nearly complete. He wasn't sure if the Zulera would want him to assist in the repairs in anyway (Though it would probably be a bad idea, the term "Jack Of All" Trades is used loosely on him) or if she would want something else from him afterwards, perhaps assistance in other category besides repairs. Kei wouldn't really have much problem in that case, if it was a job, he would overlook the pay just for the Avatar this one time.

Mood: Casual
Condition: Fine

Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

EXP : 20825
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Avatar
Nation: Water Tribes

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Child [Closed]   Thunder Child [Closed] - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 4:56 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Zulera had a very keen memory, to the point where despite her workshop being somewhat unorganized (and heck, even this construction site here didn't exactly look terribly orderly), and so unfortunately for Kei, Zulera would definitely remember this. Her benevolence did have limits, after all, and it was not like this was a terribly hostile or unreasonable request.

"At the moment, it's just the waiting game." she nodded, "it'll probably be another couple weeks before I am able to finish this project, all things considering. perhaps a good time to start collecting money again?" she chuckled. "I will let you know if I need anything else, though at the moment I seem fine." It was not an underhanded innuendo or anything either. Zulera was a woman fo few needs or wants, and really, most of the money was just to repay for all the supplies she had had to get from her own stores.
"if you are short on money though, resources would also work." she insisted. Her philanthropy had to have some limits, after all.
Mood: Proud
Condition: Clothed
Link: Zulera

Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Child [Closed]   Thunder Child [Closed] - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 7:10 am

Kei

----------------------

So Kei didn't do much for the next few weeks as Zulera finished up on the Thunder Child. He did visit a nearby village, but that was mostly took pick up groceries and catch up on news.

When he returned, he just sat around Zulera's apartment and what not, occasionally doing something if she wanted him to and really forced it upon them.

So finally came the day when Zulera finished for good. Obviously, Kei was about as excited as a 10 year old on Christmas day.

"What did you add to it?" Kei asked, very excitedly.

Mood: Excited

Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Child [Closed]   Thunder Child [Closed] - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 1:35 am

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

With enough time and effort sunk into it, Zulera had finally finished Thunder Child and all of the renovations that she wished to do to the old airship. She had installed a few upgrades here and there, having restored the engine and made it more efficient, as well as reinforced the more delicate areas of the ship, and helped construct a sturdier balloon, almost giving it armor of its own. She added more of a "punch" to the machine's thrust, meaning it could support more weight, and thus more armor as well. This one was much sturdier.

Heck, Zulera had even given it a new paint job. Slightly less conspicuously though, she had placed a certain symbol in some places, but it was just her 'seal of quality' so to speak, rather than some hidden gang sign or something. The improvements were not an overhaul, but they were just that--improvements. Hopefully he liked them.

Thus, when he asked, Zulera told him everything, and showed him the completed airship. "Take a look if you want." she cooed, "also, the ignition and startup have a passcoded lock on it. It's just a simple number-slide puzzle really, but the code is '301'." Yep. Zulera would know this code as well, and was not going to tell him how to reconfigure the locks.
"y'know..." she teased, "just in case you default on the remaining payments. Otherwise... enjoy!" She'd follow him a bit, and maybe take a ride in it with him if he wanted to try it out, but yeah. Otherwise, the airship had indeed been restored to its former glory, and then some.
Mood: Proud
Condition: Clothed

Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Child [Closed]   Thunder Child [Closed] - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 7:20 am

Kei

Kei was entirely cool with all the personal touches and symbols Zulera had put on Thunder Child. Well, as long as they didn't attract random enemies who had something against the Avatar.

Kei was getting a bit worried when Zulera mentioned the secret passcode changer she put into the ship in case Kei didn't pay the rest of his debts.
"Oi," Kei told her, "Please don't tell me this. I won't be able to sleep at night now that I will be afraid you also put a detonation triggered bomb under my bed for the same reason."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways, Kei took Thunder Child for a ride up into the sky with Zulera on board so she can see  the results of her hard work. At first the ride was a bit bumpy due to how rusty Kei's piloting skills were, but after a good ways into the flight, the ride had smoothened out.

Being very high up in the sky, both Kei and Zulera had an amazing view of the entire surrounding land. It was late in the afternoon and the sun was beginning to set, casting a deep, orange glow across the valleys and canyons that made up The Great Divide.

Kei let go of the controls for Thunder Child, letting her drift aimlessly in the sky and turned to face Zulera.

Kei spoke seriously, perhaps the only time the Avatar has heard him speak like this.
"I know being the Avatar," Kei began, "You run into many kinds of groups that want you dead. You probably don't worry about them too much though, as I'm sure they aren't usually anything too big."  
Kei paused for a bit, then continued, "Watch your back though, another group has sprung up recently, one thats calling themselves 'Xuri'. I'm sure you've heard about the attack on The Fire Nation a few weeks back. That was the doing of The Xuri. It's unknown what their intentions are, but it's very likely you are on their target list as well."
"I was there at the attack," Kei said darkly, "and these were no ordinary benders. Some of them had strange and insane powers. One of them was a combustion bender, another a lava bender, an assassin who could supposedly control sound, a metal bending puppet master, and a few others."

"I'm not going to tell you how I know, But according to Fire Nation officials, it was believed that the leader of this group wasn't even at the Invasion of the Fire Nation. That being said, I don't know what kind of ridiculous power he might have, so please, keep a mind out for them.

Mood: Serious

Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Child [Closed]   Thunder Child [Closed] - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 12:42 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Zulera laughed. "no, I wouldn't. honestly, the worst I'd ever do was repossess the ship, if even that. I'm not as horrible of a woman as I look, you know." she chortled playfully. Zulera was a tease, and not just in a sexual way sometimes. She had a nice little playful sense of humor in that regard. Luckily she had no intention of manipulating Kei in such ways, and so he could sleep well knowing that if ever a bomb was planted under his bed, it would not be from Zulera or anyone affiliated with her.

As they took Thunder Child for a spin, Zulera had to quip at least once. "need help?" she joked about his piloting skills. Zulera was actually a fairly decent pilot--she had to be if she was to test the machine out during her reparations, but otherwise she was fairly clam and silent for most of the ride, enjoying how the ship handled. She was fairly proud of her work, after all.

as Kei explained the nature of the Xuri, Zulera listened with interest. Shew as not afraid, per se, but it was definitely an intriguing bit of news to hear, and so she reacted accordingly.
"I will keep all of this in mind," she nodded. "You are an effective informant, Kei, and for that I thank you."
Mood: Intrigued
Condition: Perfect

Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Child [Closed]   Thunder Child [Closed] - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 7:11 am

Kei

As night began to fall, Kei landed the Thunder Child just outside of Zulera's Workshop, letting her off and saying his final farewells. Kei ensured Zulera that this was probably not the last time they would meet and that should she ever want his help on anything, Kei would gladly provide his assistance.

Kei thanked Zulera once again for all her help, and returned to ship, disappearing into the nighttime sky.

Mood: Calm

Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Child [Closed]   Thunder Child [Closed] - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 5:36 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

And with that, Zulera bade Kei farewell. It had been not only an eventful day, but also an eventful last few weeks. It was one of the largest projects Zulera had ever taken part in, and there were plenty of things that she had learned about in the process as she worked nearly around the clock to accomplish thing thing. Really, Zulera had Kei by the balls as far as ever asking favors from him went. She'd definitely be checking back in on that here or there. Zulera City wasn't about to be built in a day, after all.

And yet, as Kei took off again, Zulera glanced after him, her wild brown hair fluttering in the breeze. She didn't feel like she had made any mistakes in trusting this man with a military-class airship or anything like that. She had simply been hired for a service, and was fulfilling that contract. What would happen from here... would happen. It was certainly not like Zulera would just sit idly by...
Mood: Intrigued
Condition: Perfect

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thunder Child [Closed]   Thunder Child [Closed] - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Thunder Child [Closed]
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4