The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Joking Around Town [Zhin]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Pan
Pan

EXP : 354
Birthday : 1996-02-29

Character Description
Position: Joke Shop Owner
Nation: Air Temples

Zhin - Joking Around Town [Zhin] Empty
PostSubject: Joking Around Town [Zhin]   Zhin - Joking Around Town [Zhin] EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 3:13 pm

Pan

It had been a pretty awesome day at Pan’s Joke Shop until a kid decided to push his twin brother down and the two seven-year-olds’ parents were nowhere to be seen. Typical. Parents will leave their kids anywhere these days. Not that Pan minded, of course. He loved kids, but he had never been good at dealing with crying or screaming. Pan ended up patting the twin that had been pushed and telling the other twin to apologize until he eventually did. The two brothers hugged and ran off, laughing and leaving a relieved Pan in their wake.

After that, Pan went back to running his little establishment. It wasn’t a large building by any means, but it was his and he was proud of it. Children ran about freely and Pan never did anything to stop them, even chasing them around occasionally. Laughter reverberated from every corner of the room: high shrieks of excitement and bubbly giggles. Pan’s loud, much deeper laugh always stood out from the rest. The few parents that actually came into the store with their children were mostly very unamused mothers who had promised their child a trip to the joke shop as a reward for some achievement, like a good grade in school or completed chores. Bright, happy colors adorned everything in the store, even the walls and – to Pan – it was the most beautiful thing in the world.

Closing time was fast approaching. The skies outside were darkening with night and the children were settling down and trickling out the door. Only a few older kids remained inside, and Pan recognized them as regulars who often stayed after closing to chat with Pan and help the storeowner clean up the place; because of this, Pan would often sneak them free treats. Tonight, though, Pan needed to go run a few errands so he motioned for the kids to be on their way. They pretended not to see his motions. Pan rolled his eyes fondly and moved to round them all up and shoo them out the door. Pan was smiling and the kids did all they could to stay longer, asking him to tell them an adventure story or a creepy myth. They went slowly and Pan grinned at them, swatting their heads lightly to urge them out the door. “Go on, then! You should spend some time with your families before they forget what you look like!”

After seeing the kids disappear around the corners of the street, Pan headed towards the marketplace where he usually bought his fruit and other food. Before he got very far on his way, Pan managed to bump into someone that he had failed to see. Acting more on instinct than skill, Pan’s airbending lashed out to cushion the fall of Pan and whoever he had run into. Grateful that his airbending made up for his clumsiness, Pan was up again in a matter of seconds, standing over the other figure. “Are you alright, miss? I’m sorry; I must not have seen you there.” Pan held his hand out toward the other woman. “My name is Pan, by the way.”

Mood: Happy
Condition: Tired

Back to top Go down
http://aispooky.tumblr.com
Zhin Lyautey
Zhin Lyautey

EXP : 1575
Birthday : 1990-04-09

Character Description
Position: Artist; Architect
Nation: Fire Nation

PostSubject: Re: Joking Around Town [Zhin]   Zhin - Joking Around Town [Zhin] EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 5:53 pm

Zhin Lyautey

Caldera city often called out to Zhin in her desire to travel. A larger, more robust and diverse version of Fire Fountain, it was a popular tourist destination, both for foreigners and Fire Nation citizens alike. Zhin, mostly wanting a bit of time away from Fire Fountain without taking a full-on vacation, had decided to pay this place a visit; perhaps tour some of the greatest repositories of knowledge in the Fire Nation while she was at it. Perhaps if nothing else, she could see if there was any need for a good architect or designer in the area. Most citizens of Caldera were rather affluent as well, and that usually just meant more money in Zhin’s pockets when all was said and done.
After getting back with a client that had contracted her a few months prior, Zhin had a bit of free time to roam the town. Zhin appreciated the finer things in life, such as intelligence, manners, respect, beauty, class, and so on. She did not put herself above others unless they were disrespectful or just outright stupid. She was very understanding of people as well as the human nature. She knew that not everyone could be held to her standards, and she did not mind it.

Zhin could not help but admire some of the buildings in this city. A few of the newer ones were ones that she had either helped build or helped design, and when she came across one of these, it made her smile both externally and internally.
“it makes me happy to see people put my work to good use.” she ruminated, “There are many ways to leave a legacy, and I frankly think that I am on the right track with mine. Besides, if people enjoy my work as much as I have enjoyed making it, then I know that my mission is complete.”

She was immersed in thought for a few moments, and during one of those, she suddenly felt the soles of her feet leave the ground, as she was knocked down. However, Zhin’s reflexes were one of her trump cards, and one of the things that she always used to her advantage in combat. Her swift reaction times rivaled those of many proficient airbenders, and so when she felt her feet leave the ground, she twisted her body, landing on the palm of one of her hands, and would have then performed a move that was a cross between a cartwheel and a backflip to launch herself back onto her feet. However, something came up that she had not expected, and her hand hit what could only be described as a wind. It threw her off, and she lost her balance in the split-second that she normally would have reacted in.
The wind seemed to cushion her fall though, and so Zhin collected herself. She caught her breath, dusting herself off as whoever knocked her down reached a hand out to her. She took it, and pulled herself up. her own hands were soft and warm, and felt like firebender hands.

Zhin,” Zhin replied, introducing herself once she was back on her feet, “Zhin Suzume Lyautey. What were you doing in such a hurry?”
She kept a lighthearted tone, though did briefly inspect herself to make sure that she was not dirty. She always liked to look her best. She knew that this had been an accident, and was fairly easy to forgive on such matters. She figured that this case would not be much different.

Mood: Curious
Condition: Healthy
Link:

Back to top Go down
Pan
Pan

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Joking Around Town [Zhin]   Zhin - Joking Around Town [Zhin] EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 1:57 pm

Pan

As Pan helped the woman to her feet, he let his eyes dart up and down her body, making sure that she had not been injured in any way. He trusted his airbending to keep himself and those around him safe for the most part, but accidents do happen. After a moment of concern, Pan was satisfied that she was fine and he flashed her a big grin, stood up a little taller, and focused his attention onto her.

The woman introduced herself as Zhin and Pan repeated the name over and over again in his head, staring at her eyes and attempting to make the name stick to the face. Pan wasn’t very good with names, but he did try to remember them as best he could. Once he was satisfied that he would not immediately forget the name as soon as it left his immediate thought process, he nodded to himself proudly.

“It’s very nice to meet you, Zhin!” And Pan meant it, too. He thought she looked very interesting, like someone who you would be able to take on an adventure. Her eyes held a sparkle of something that Pan was not able to see in most adults. ”I was just going on a silly little errand and I guess I stopped paying attention to the world around me. It can be so boring at times, you know – the world. Not all the time, of course. Sometimes the world is so spectacular that I just can’t handle it.” Pan laughed at this for some reason, closing his eyes and throwing his head back. His dangling earrings were chiming softly and sparkling in the lights of the city.

The laugh did not last long, and a moment later Pan was hunched over, eyeing Zhin’s face closely from beneath his long lashes. ”Has the world been spectacular for you recently, Zhin? I do hope so.” Pan’s voice was slightly deeper than before and he was still staring at Zhin’s face, wondering if she was going to turn around and leave. Pan’s flamboyant personality did a good job of scaring a bunch of people away.

Mood: Concerned and Curious
Condition: Tired

Back to top Go down
Zhin Lyautey
Zhin Lyautey

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Joking Around Town [Zhin]   Zhin - Joking Around Town [Zhin] EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 4:12 pm

Zhin Lyautey

Zhin’s cheeks took only the slightest tinge of pink when she noticed his eyes dart around her form. She was not sure what he was doing, but it almost looked like he was checking her out. Whatever the case, she did not say anything, because if he was, he was not acting on it. Instead, Pan presented her with a different statement entirely.
In fact, it surprised her. He was a very… bright, cheerful person.
“Seldom are adults that way… and yet I feel that if more people were, that the world would be a much happier place. I see nothing wrong with being too happy. Well, maybe if it crossed into overly-bubbly territory or started turning ditzy, but even then, give me the ditz over the grump any day of the week.”
She heard him out till he posed a question. She also realized that she was a few centimeters taller than this young man, though height was never something that Zhin judged a person on.

“The world has been quite the spectacular place for me actually,” she replied, smiling, even chuckling a little. I have found many places where it is so wonderful to be surrounded by the world. I do hope you have not seen too much of the boring world. It would be terrible to only see one side of the place, much less the mundane.”
“There is something to eccentricities that I appreciate. Perhaps it because of the set that I own myself, or perhaps there is a deeper reasoning to it. I like this quaint little fellow. He is… amusing, to say the least.”

She was still wondering slightly why he was staring at her face. Did she have something on it? Did he think she was pretty? Zhin did not mind eye contact, but she did sometimes get a little shy when people looked at her physical features for more than a few seconds. However, as she usually did, she kept her composure perfectly.
“So tell me.” she smiled, flipping some bangs out of her face that had fallen there when she lost her balance, “how has the world been treating you? Have you seen the spectacular part today, or the boring part?”
She was curious to get to know a little more about this eccentric fellow. After all, certain eccentricities got along fairly well, and despite Zhin’s cool demeanor, classy attire, and proper step, she was a free-spirited lady who enjoyed some of the smaller things in life just as much as the large ones. Situations like this: a meeting through an accident, were no exception.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Pan
Pan

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Joking Around Town [Zhin]   Zhin - Joking Around Town [Zhin] EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 1:03 pm

Pan

The sun had nearly completely disappeared beyond the horizon and the orange glow of the lamp posts that lit the streets was painting the walls of the buildings that surrounded them with arrays of dancing shadows. Pan took a moment to study the flickering images. He had a brief urge to join the shadows’ strange, archaic-looking dance, but instead he turned back to Zhin, blinking owlishly at her with his large blue eyes. The blonde man cocked his head to the side as he listened to the woman and he smiled brightly at her as he began to realize that he might actually be able to hold an entire conversation with another human being. How long had it been? Too long.

As he stood there, Pan placed his left hand on his hip, where the hilt of his sword would normally be rested. Alarmed for a moment, Pan looked down and realized that he had forgotten to fasten his scabbard and sword to his belt that morning. Annoyed with himself, Pan let his eyebrows knot together and his nose scrunch up for a second before he raised his head back up. At least the reassuring weight of his money pouch dangled from the opposite side of his belt, on his other hip. Pan tightened his grip on his walking staff slightly, knowing that he would be able to defend himself with his airbending if he needed to. The Fire Nation Capital was generally a safe place, but Pan’s shop was not in the nicest part of the city and muggings were not uncommon in the area.

At Zhin’s query, Pan brightened considerably and started to balance on the balls of his feet for a moment before his weight became too much of a strain on his calves. “Oh, yes, I’ve seen quite a bit of the spectacular part of the world today…” He drifted off, looking at the walls fondly before whipping his head back around, which caused his long blonde hair to twirl around his face like the dress of a spinning dancer. ”Like over there – “ Pan motioned towards the buildings with his chin. “ – the shadows are having a party. Doesn’t it look like fun?” Without realizing what he was doing, Pan began slowly swaying from side to side, and humming a soft tune.

Mood: Ecstatic

Back to top Go down
Zhin Lyautey
Zhin Lyautey

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Joking Around Town [Zhin]   Zhin - Joking Around Town [Zhin] EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 5:12 pm

Zhin Lyautey

Zhin observed Pan’s every movement—not with the scrutinizing eyes of a paranoid Firebender, but with the curious eyes of a fantasizer and an architect. For one thing, it made her think a couple extra times about what exactly defined eccentricity. She knew by all means that there was nothing wrong with it though outside of perhaps extreme cases.
“and here I thought that I was eccentric,” she mentally chuckled, her eyes still on Pan’s movements, “He is an interesting boy though, and there is no reason to judge. Anyone who can bring a smile to my face that swiftly deserves my respect.”

She noticed his face change when his hand touched his hip, as if he had forgotten something. First there was a split-second sign of alarm, followed by annoyance. Clearly he had just forgotten something, as Zhin was familiar with that experience—she figured that any normal human in the world was as well. She noticed even his grip tighten on his staff.
“does he think I am going to attack him?” she wondered to herself, “or is this just another quirk? I obviously have no intent of attacking him first unless he tries to lay a strike on me, but hopefully, a friendly little meeting like this will not come to blows. I guess I will put it up to chance.”
She had been to the Fire Nation Capital many times, and was aware that while most of it was safe and generally free of crime, it, like any major city, had its dodgier areas where thugs were better suited to run loose and other such things.

After hearing Pan’s answer to her question, Zhin could not help but chuckle at his reaction. Zhin’s was a high, cute little giggle, almost unusual sounding for a 27-year-old woman who was considered to be the classy sort. But, it was something that could not be helped, so she put no effort into ever fighting it.
“That does look like quite the sight.” She agreed, watching the different shadows the buildings cast. She wondered what sort of shadows her buildings would cast when she designed them.

“And so,” she asked, curious about his sudden dance, “is this fun for you then?”
Just as she was always trying to design buildings and machines and henceforth learning how they worked, she liked learning what made people tick, because it was always different—every time. It was just a curiosity of hers, and part of why she was so analytical. It was seldom a personal thing, and Zhin always knew to keep her space. She was respectful like that.

Link:

Back to top Go down
Pan
Pan

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Joking Around Town [Zhin]   Zhin - Joking Around Town [Zhin] EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 4:23 pm

Pan

Ceasing the humming and fidgeting, Pan stood up a little taller, straightening his back and still grinning at Zhin with his seemingly perpetual smile. In the low light, it wasn’t easy for Pan to see the finer details of Zhin’s appearance, but it was easy for him to tell that she was a beautiful woman. Strange, Pan thought to himself, that she is still here. They have usually high-tail their ways away from me by now.

Because of that, Pan was mildly surprised by Zhin’s laugh. It sounds like music, Pan mused to himself. Her query was also a wonder, but he answered nonetheless, “Yes, it is fun, I suppose.” A short shrug rumpled his shoulders for a moment before they fell back into place.

The man raised his staff slightly and began tracing small circles in the air near the ground. He took a deep breath that nearly turned into a yawn – Pan supposed the workday was a little more tiring than usual, but he had things to do. Oh yes, things to do. The errands. The food. The soap. The bowl to replace the one that his bunny-squirrel had knocked over that morning.

Pan glanced at Zhin, narrowing his eyes in thought. Would she…?

”Would you like to go to the marketplace with me?” Pan questioned before he had even finished his own thought. It was a bad habit of his: not thinking through things before he went on with them. Quickly, he added, ”If you’re not busy with something else, of course.” Pan had never had company on errands before and he thought it might make the experience a bit less boring.

Mood: Happy

Back to top Go down
Zhin Lyautey
Zhin Lyautey

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Joking Around Town [Zhin]   Zhin - Joking Around Town [Zhin] EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 4:12 pm

Zhin Lyautey

Zhin chuckled. “well… it’s good to hear that I am not the only one that thinks that then, isn’t it?” she found this quaint little fellow mildly amusing. What he thought of her crossed her mind a few times, but she said nothing. She was not out to particularly impress anyone, but she did like to look her best and keep classy. It was just part of who she was.
She watched his every movement, simply curious about what made him tick. She did this with everyone she met, but did not scrutinize so closely that it would make anyone uncomfortable. She was simply a deep thinker.
“he seems like such a simple creature, and yet I have met people like that who are far more complex than meets the eye. I wonder what goes on in his mind as he sees me and reacts to my statements. He is thinking about something, and it is probably something I have done… or haven’t done. Perhaps he is not used to patience the same way I am not used to compliments on my appearance? I suppose time will tell as it usually or always does.”

She watched his little eccentric movements with the eyes of an interested child. The way he would move and act amused her. She did not know why, but he was an interesting character in her eyes. She did not think that these were romantic implications of any kind, but it was perfectly fine for a woman to find a man interesting as a friend without it getting intimate. This was what Zhin had done.
Upon hearing his question, Zhin smiled. She had nothing else going on, which for her was all the more reason for her to get out and about for the evening.
“I have nothing else going on.” She replied, “I would love to go.”
Zhin usually handled her affairs on her own, even independently of her firebender parents. As a result, however, she too usually did her errands alone. A nice twist to the usual routine would be different, and Zhin welcomed that change the way a hibernating animal welcomed spring.

“I see nothing wrong with mixing up routine. Order is important, but it is the lifeblood of chaos that serves to keep the world flowing smoothly. Without it, I fear the world would stagnate in a cesspool of overly organized routine. No one wants that, yes?”
“I am ready when you are.” She replied. She usually had little more than the money in her pouch. She had no bending powers and carried no weapons save those lovely little hands of hers—nimble, dexterous, and yet powerful and forceful. Zhin was certainly a rose with thorns. She waited for Pan to be ready, and would follow him once he was.

Link:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joking Around Town [Zhin]   Zhin - Joking Around Town [Zhin] Empty

Back to top Go down

Joking Around Town [Zhin]
Page 1 of 1