The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Taking Care of Business

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Shula
Staff Admin
Shula

EXP : 4645
Birthday : 1996-03-21

Character Description
Position: Fire Lord
Nation: Fire Nation

Taking Care of Business Empty
PostSubject: Taking Care of Business   Taking Care of Business EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 7:53 pm

Shula Njoo

Shula had spent the morning in training; she felt that it was a good way to relieve stress, and had left many scorch marks all over the walls of the courtyards, and had broken the collarbone of one of her servants when they'd been sparring. This had of course, been an accident, and she gave him a month off work in return.

She stormed out of the courtyard, leaving a few servants to clean up the ashes of multiple dummies, and proceeded to allow her personal maids groom her hair and dress her appropriately for the rest of the day's proceedings. She grumbled irritably here and there, not wanting to be 'pampered' today. Not when she was in such a foul mood. Eventually her hair was crowned atop her head with various beads and pins with the Fire Lord's crown in the middle.

She then held a meeting with the War Council, debating over the next move of the Fire Nation. Shula made a motion to cut back on military spending and to start focusing more on the people, especially those in poor villages, such as Jang Hui. The War Council--seeing as how cutting back on the military meant cutting back on their pay--disagreed with the movement until Shula finally won them over with facts and stories of the troubles these people had, and how introducing an era of peace into the Fire Nation would be healthy to the economy, therefore making the Fire Nation richer as a whole.

By the end of her meeting with the War Council, her angry and stressed out mood had been subdued to a silent one. She attended a sitar lesson with the Palace's musician, Ekala, before having to return to her royal duties.

Eventually her meeting with the Spymaster, Kako Anthropos, arrived. She awaited in her throne room as Mai Li stood by the Palace gates, ready to welcome him into the Palace.

Mood: Quiet
Condition: Fine

Last edited by Shula on Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kako
Kako

EXP : 4905

Character Description
Position: Ex-Spymaster

PostSubject: Re: Taking Care of Business   Taking Care of Business EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 11:05 am

Kako Anthropos

The said spymaster was actually having a day off, so understandably he was a bit irritated when he received a letter, ordering him to get to the palace. In fact, if It had been anyone but the Fire Lord he would have flat out refused the order. After all, it was hardly like he cared about what she had to say, sadly, he thought himself the only on capable of being a half-decent spymaster, if he were to refuse her offer, he'd likely be kicked out, and Kako couldn't be having that.

As he approached the gates, Kako noted the presence of Mai Li. "I see that our gracious Fire Lord is rolling out the red carpet for me, i'm flattered, now could you hang this up somewhere?" he tossed her his coat and sunglasses, and was about to set off down the corridor when he had a thought, Kako promptly turned back around and took them both back "I may need some protection for this one." and with that, he was off.

Mood: Irritated
Condition: Healthy

Back to top Go down
Saitou
Saitou

EXP : 5875
Birthday : 1994-01-22

Character Description
Position: Escaped Slave

PostSubject: Re: Taking Care of Business   Taking Care of Business EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 11:14 am

Mako had been reclusive, at best, trying to avoid Shula as her mood deteriorated. He cared for her, he'd held her in higher regard to himself, and would have done a lot to help her out, but not today. No. He let her anger simmer, and ripen, today was the day that Kako got what he deserved. Mako had spent most of the day talking to Kichiro, who seemed to understand well, about how bad this would turn out for the Spymaster.

He told Kichiro a lot about Shula's reaction, and how she too wanted Kako to feel the reprecussions of his actions. Kichiro's chuckle was priceless. As the time grew closer, Mako found himself leading Kichiro to the main hall, the Firelord had not yet arrived, so he took a spot, relatively hidden from view, and he and Kichiro settled in. Mai had noticed him first, but the dear girl, bless her heart, added the sweetest touch to Mako's day by not mentioning his position to Kako, who appeared wearing a coat, a coat that appeared to be pretty sturdy. 'He sees something coming already...', he thought to himself. Kichiro bristled, and Mako held his head, whispering soothing words to his new friend, his loyal companion, and the one being who'd shared an heartwrenching experience of hearing the blows that led to a noble creature's demise.
Back to top Go down
Shula
Staff Admin
Shula

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taking Care of Business   Taking Care of Business EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 12:38 pm

Shula Njoo

Shula entered the throne room using one of the side doors, and while she probably should have sat in her damned throne and waited for Kako with impressive flames glowing, she found that she would rather pace the floor instead.

She didn't exactly know what she should do. It was never written as a formal crime to kill dragons, and yet she was angry about it. Of course, she could just write a law stating that it was illegal, but wouldn't that just raise the peoples' awareness that dragons still live?

Of course, Mako walking through the Capital with Kichiro on his back the first day he'd arrived had already said something to them. But she really didn't want the whole world to know that dragons still lived; wouldn't it be better to keep them in the dark?

Or if by making it illegal, could she save others? Eventually, she ceased her endless pacing and sat in the throne like a good Fire Lord was supposed to. A roaring fire blazed up all around her, causing shadows to dance on the walls. Kako was then allowed into the throne room.

Mood: Quiet

Back to top Go down
Kako
Kako

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taking Care of Business   Taking Care of Business EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 12:58 pm

Kako Anthropos

Kako was waiting outside the throne room, arms folded, lightly tapping on his shoulders. Soon, the guards opened the doors, and Kako strode through but not before handing a note to a passing sevent, taking off his sunglasses in the process. As usual, the throne room was completely dark, aside from the warm, red glow of the flames surrounding the Fire Lord Shula. Kako bowed, and then straightened himself out, casual as can be. "I must say, it's been a while. I was beginning to think that you'd forgotten about my little group. I'm glad to see that you haven't. Though, I'd expect that this isn't a regular meeting, you're here to tell me off. But why, I wonder? Could it be that this is all your doing? I don't think so, no, what I think is that you let your new boyfriend rant about me, which leads me to think that you're here about that dead dragon in my office. Especially because of the fact that you're currently caring for her child." Kako shook his head, and put his head in his hands. "To be honest, it probably wasn't worth coming here, we both know where this is going."

Mood:
Condition:

Back to top Go down
Saitou
Saitou

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taking Care of Business   Taking Care of Business EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 1:06 pm

Mako sat quietly, grinding his teeth. Kichiro was literally trying to crawl forward, Mako wouldn't let him. No matter how bad he wanted Kako's head on a pike, he couldn't let Kichiro do this. Justice had to be handed by a steady hand. "Dammit Kichiro, stop, please..." The dragon, at least, didn't roar, he had grown rather quickly, frighteningly so. Mako was incapable of carrying him anymore.

The worst part was Kako's voice, the snake. It was like nails against a chalk board. It made Mako's hair stand on end. He wanted nothing more than to end the voice, for good. He still had trouble wrapping his mind around senseless slaughter. Especially from one who was supposed to be intelligent, and thoughtful, a man who lead Shula's spy network.
Back to top Go down
Shula
Staff Admin
Shula

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taking Care of Business   Taking Care of Business EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 1:21 pm

Shula Njoo

As he mentioned her "new boyfriend", Shula's nails dug into the arm-rests of the throne, but she maintained in control. This man had absolutely no respect for who she was or what she did, and it took every ounce of her self-control to not burn him to ashes right where he stood. As he finished, she stood angrily.

"Do you not value your life? You come here, to my Palace as I have summoned you, and your first action is to criticize my decisions?! Who the bloody h'ell do you think you are?" Shula said quietly, her last sentence a passionate demand, though her voice never raised above a respectful volume.

She descended her steps to the same level as Kako, the flames behind her all but extinguishing in her anger. "I stand here, maintaining respect as that is what I must do. You have, no doubt, earned the title of Spymaster, and yet you obviously need a lesson in respect. I called you here to discuss matters with you, not to rip you a new one with angry words. Do not come to my courts in such a manner and expect me not to get angry about it." She said, her voice maintaining a certain volume, although passion and emotion were behind her words.

She had not gone through all that she had to be disrespected, but she grit her teeth and tried to pass him a semi-calm look. "Mr. Anthropos," she said, emphasizing his name. "Yes. My significant other did inform me of your actions; I will admit, they made me angry. I would assume that someone, especially those of whom held some semblance of my respect, would not have attempted to harm such an endangered creature, dragon or not." She finished with a deep breath, her hands clenched into fists.

Mood: Angry

Back to top Go down
Kako
Kako

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taking Care of Business   Taking Care of Business EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 1:50 pm

Kako Anthropos

Whether Kako was scared or not, he certainly didn't show it. "Well, My Lord it was hardly like I came to the island with the intention of killing the old girl. Mako may not have told you this, but it was actually to keep your brother in check. He was, after all, misrepresenting the Fire Nation. I would have caught him...but then the dragon interrupted. As I remember, Mako took the egg and ran, presumably assuming that I would die. Then, I killed the dragon. As you can see, it was hardly spur of the moment. Basically, it was either me or her. And as for my lack of respect, i'd like to remind you that what i'm seeing here: I'm seeing someone that hates me to the bone control the person I work for, in a cowardly attempt to screw me over. There is no law against killing dragons, but even if there was, I could hardly just sit back whilst it ate me, now could I?"

Kako sighed, clearly more than irritated at what was going on. "You know that I have respect for what you do, after all, I monitor it. But it would be wise for you not to take advice from an untrained, emotionally driven, backstabbing wimp that couldn't make a difficult decision to save his life. You're better than that. Of course, what you do with him in your spare time is none of my concern, though it is some of my business." Kako paused for a moment, then turned looked around him. "You can come out now, Mako, it's pretty obvious that you're here."

Mood:
Condition:

Back to top Go down
Saitou
Saitou

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taking Care of Business   Taking Care of Business EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 1:54 pm

Mako had nearly decided on leaving when Kako called him out. Kichiro looked at it like a call to 'eat my face please', because he instantly lunged from his hiding place, hissing upon seeing the scarred face. Mako maintained his hold on the dragon's neck, but it was clear that if Kichiro decided Kako was lunch, Kako was going to be lunch. Mako smiled his best 'f*ck you' smile, and shrugged nonchalantly.

He didn't care what Kako thought of him, he didn't care for the Spymaster much either. He didn't speak, that was Shula's duty. She could rip into him if she wanted to. Mako hoped for flames.
Back to top Go down
Shula
Staff Admin
Shula

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taking Care of Business   Taking Care of Business EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 2:33 pm

Shula Njoo

Shula worked to maintain calm as Kako spoke. She would gain nothing in getting angry. "I'm fully aware of the circumstances in which this occurred. My half-brother caused much chaos here, and for your trouble I fully apologize. I also understand that you did not kill the dragon simply for the sport of it, which is the only reason why you're still standing where you are." she said in response as Kako sighed.

At he began his next small speech, Shula's nails dug into her palms as she waited for him to finish. "While I understand that you and Mako have your differences, I will kindly ask for you to not address him so. Even if he is not in a position above you, it does not make you a better person nor allow you to win the apparent feud between the two of you by slandering him. My lover or not, he has indeed earned respect as well through his actions and you should acknowledge that. Calling him names does nothing more than make you seem childish." She paused after a second. "Use the old saying, 'if you have nothing nice to say, do not say anything at all'. I find that it suits this situation perfectly."

She thought that would be the end of that; she fully intended on letting Kako leave on good terms, thanking him for his work for the Nation and for all that he did for her as well, but with a warning. But no; Kako then proceeded to call Mako out, in which Kichiro jumped out of the shadows, hissing. Mako had been pulled along with the young fledgling, his hand holding onto Kichiro's neck and smiled at Kako with a shrug. She pursed her lips and raised an eyebrow at him like "reeeaaally?" before looking back at Kako.

If she had to interfere, she would. Being the Fire Lord, she would have no issues with ending a fight before it could begin. As for Kichiro, the young creature seemed intent on harming Kako, but Shula was sure she had some semblance of control over the creature. Royal blood and dragons had a history together, and in Kichiro's subconscious he acknowledged that; he was intelligent enough to know when he needed to obey her.

Mood: Trying to Stay Calm

Back to top Go down
Kako
Kako

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taking Care of Business   Taking Care of Business EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 3:03 pm

Kako Anthropos

Make no mistake, Kako had no intention of attacking Mako. If they were going to fight, it certainly wouldn't be in the throne room of the Fire Lord. "He may have earned your respect, but that doesn't particularly change anything between us, we still loath each other, that much must be apparent." He turned to Mako. "Although I believe that one of us is angrier than the other."

He looked down towards the hissing creature at Mako's feet. "Kichiro had better be nicer than this most of the time, can't have him tearing anyone's face off. Unless, that is, that's what you intend to do with him, enslave him and use him for your own good. It would benefit the fire Nation, and you tremendously, but I'd assumed that you were more caring than that, Mako. Or are you just compassionate when it's convenient for you? Either way, a beast like him doesn't suit confinement, even I can see that."

Kako shrugged. "But, who am I to preach?" he tore his eyes off the snarling beast, and returned them back to the Fire Lord. "Anything else?"

Mood: Irritated

Back to top Go down
Saitou
Saitou

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taking Care of Business   Taking Care of Business EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 5:12 pm

Mako leaned close to Kichiro, "He'll kill you Kichiro...let me handle this." The dragon's eyes betrayed nothing but hate, and rage, a desire for vengence, and, deep down, a scared, and permanantly scarred fledgling. But he rested, resisting his most primal of urges. Mako stepped forward, "Kako, I don't like admitting this but I was really hoping you were dead."

He stopped a few feet from the older man, being sure to keep Shula from being between them. "I didn't think you'd have the courage to come back here after what you've done." His voice was blank, niether civil, nor uncontrolled, it was indifferent. His eyes were cold, and bare, like he didn't have anything to think of the lowly creature he was speaking with. "To think I was helping you...", he shook his head. "I'll never forgive myself for leaving you to do the right thing. Don't try to spew your lies at me, I know you could have left, like me. All it would have taken was kneeling, or apologizing, and if you failed to gain back her confidence then at least you would have died a purer soul. Now you'll pass with the blood of an ancient creature on your hands."

He was sure these next words would cut like a knife, "I pity you, and your decision Kako."
Back to top Go down
Shula
Staff Admin
Shula

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taking Care of Business   Taking Care of Business EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 5:52 pm

Shula Njoo

Shula opened her mouth to respond to Kako, to let him know that that was all she needed for now. That is, until Mako spoke. She stepped forward, placing a hand on his chest as he finished speaking. "Enough," she said through gritted teeth before looking back at Kako. "No, nothing else. You're free to go. My apologies," she said with a smile before looking at Kichiro, his head resting on his front paws.

"Please feel free to visit again," Shula then said to Kako, and although she sounded sincere, she was pretty sure he wouldn't take her up on that.

Mood: Trying to Stay Calm

Back to top Go down
Kako
Kako

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taking Care of Business   Taking Care of Business EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 8:45 am

(sorry for the rushed post)

Kako Anthropos

Kako stifled a smile, the Fire Lord was extremely good at lying, he was impressed. "Then, I will take my leave. You know where to find me." With that, he shot his most gracious smile at the Fire Lord, and promptly turned around, sending Mako a gloating look in the process. He didn't care to mention Mako's comment, he'd been called worse by people he had far more respect for, so it didn't particularly phase him. Quite frankly, he didn't understand why 'having the blood of an ancient creature' on his hands was that big of a deal, but each to his own. Soon enough, he'd reached the exit, and as the doors were slowly closed by the guards, the spymaster spun on his heels "See you soon." and with that, they slammed shut.

Mood: A tad relieved

Back to top Go down
Saitou
Saitou

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taking Care of Business   Taking Care of Business EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 5:26 pm

Mako couldn't stand Kako's attitude, and, as soon as the Spymaster had left, so had he. His hands were aflame, looking more like contained explosions as he stormed from the room. Kichiro didn't follow, sensing far too much pent up aggression, the young dragon stayed back, prefering Shula's company for the time being. Mako felt the words burning in his mouth, he wanted to say it, the words could spell death.

He found his room, threw open his window, and leapt onto the small wall surrounding the courtyard. He slipped over the side, landing neatly, and turning toward the main gates. He hoped to meet the Spymaster before he could slip out of the palace. He waited until he could see Kako, sure the Spymaster could see him. His words were bitter, and flames emphasized every syllable, "I challenge you to an Agni Kai Spymaster Kako.", he said, "Today, right here, right now...Dragon.", he said menacingly. He struck the pose, making the symbol of the Firebenders, and bowing his head, his eyes never leaving Kako's face.
Back to top Go down
Shula
Staff Admin
Shula

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taking Care of Business   Taking Care of Business EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 11:36 am

Shula Njoo

Shula sighed as Mako stormed away, his hands blazing. She didn't even want to know where he was going; better to just let him calm down. She sat down next to Kichiro as he stayed with her, and laid her head against him as he continued to sit with his head on his paws. She scratched him under his scaly chin, and waited for all h'ell to break loose.

Mood: Oh, boy...

Back to top Go down
Kako
Kako

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taking Care of Business   Taking Care of Business EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 2:47 pm

Kako Anthropos

Kako stared at Mako, and arched an eyebrow, his face twisting into a patronising smile. "So eager. But have you really thought it through? Let's get some things straightened out, shall we? First of all, you've just challenged a master firebender, you may want to reconsider, second of all, if we were to have an Agni Kai, the palace would most likely be burnt down, and finally, we're in the middle of the capital, Agni Kai's are extremely dangerous, and there's a high chance that we will injure civilians. So no, I decline."

Kako proceeded to put on his sunglasses "Now, if you'll excuse me, i'm on holiday, so long." with that, he walked straight past Mako, yawning as he did. From there, he continued through the gate, disappearing down an alley a minute later.

Mood:
Condition:

Back to top Go down
Saitou
Saitou

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taking Care of Business   Taking Care of Business EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 3:05 pm

Mako closed his eyes as Kako spoke, and, overemphasizing the word, he said, "Coward."

He didn't wait for a reply, he walked back up into the palace, walking back into the main hall. He didn't know why, but he felt tired now. Adrenaline crash? He leaned back against the wall, closing his eyes. 'Kako...you coward...', he thought to himself.
Back to top Go down
Shula
Staff Admin
Shula

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Taking Care of Business   Taking Care of Business EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 7:24 pm

Shula Njoo

With a smile and a small murmur to Kichiro, she led the small dragon to the kitchen to harass a few cooks for a treat or two. Kichiro followed obligingly enough, although the small dragon looked fairly put out that Mako was in such a foul mood. When they saw the cooks though, the fledgling seemed to perk up immediately, looking ready to tackle a cook if they didn't give him food.

She patted his head, asking for a bowl of marinated mongoose-deer meat. The cooks happily obliged, handing her quite a few pieces of the delicacy on a humongous plate. Shula carried this (with some difficulty) to one of the many small tables surrounding the enormous one in the dining room. Kichiro climbed up onto the table, settling down to dig in as Shula scratched his head absentmindedly.

Mood: Fine
Condition: Wonderful

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taking Care of Business   Taking Care of Business Empty

Back to top Go down

Taking Care of Business
Page 1 of 1