The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hotaru Kondo [Complete]

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Hotaru
Hotaru

EXP : 125

Character Description
Position: Archer||Nightingale
Nation: Fire Nation

Hotaru Kondo [Complete] Empty
PostSubject: Hotaru Kondo [Complete]   Hotaru Kondo [Complete] EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 4:01 pm

Full Name: Kondo Hotaru reporting!
Element: Fire.
Birthplace: Ba Sing Se
Position: Singer||Firebender||Archer.

Personality:

Genuinely Caring. Shy. Stubborn. Industrious. Supportive. Easily embarrassed. Intelligent. Self-Sacrificing and Passionate. Hard-Faced. Rebellious. Covert Deviant. Smart-Mouthed.

Flusterbird.
Oxtail.
Rock-Mass.
Nightingale.

Hotaru is a shy one. She leans on the quiet side and doesn't speak much unless she really feels like it, so in short she's a really quiet type. As a child she was wary of strangers and often kept to herself, preferring to exercise her mental capacity over anything else. From then on until today she retains her daring and adventurous spirit, though she could probably stand to widen her circle of friends to share it with. There is a spot of rebelliousness in her that keeps her tangled up in all sorts of wacky adventures (and under the ever watchful eye of her father), and, paired with her passion makes her out to be quite a handful. Raised to be a pleasant young woman, Hotaru is well liked in her hometown. She shows respect for her elders and follows orders obediently (well, she's more like a feline in this manner. If there's an order she disagrees with then she simply will not follow it, end of story.) Hotaru is selfless, but she can also be impatient and hard-headed.

Hotaru's roots may be earth and fire, but her affinity is closer to water.
Majority of the time she dons a cool head on her shoulders and is peaceable, tending to just go with the flow. Like a pebble thrown in a river, even the smallest things can stir ripples within her. The little firebender exudes a strong amount of confidence, a trait she worked hard to cultivate as she grew from child to teenager. Often times she doubts herself, unaware of the immense strength and power that lies within her. When agitated Hotaru can become as dangerous as a raging typhoon and, if not careful, can lose control. Like water, she may be able to be contained for a short while before finding a way out. Industrious, hard-faced, and stubborn, Hotaru will chip away at any opposition or obstacle that comes her way until she reaches her goals, until they bend to her will. She's easily embarrassed and flustered, but can prove herself to be very brave when she has to be. A smooth talker, Hotaru's adept at wording her way out of a sticky situations, and uses that to her advantage. Unfortunately that "power" is prevalent when it feels like it, and so Hotaru is caught up more in awkward situations than usual. Unbeknownst to most people, even her father, the firebender harbors a "devil may care" attitude and tends to just go against the goad and has a bit of a feisty bite. Hotaru adopted that attitude like a second skin when she was a small child, "If she doesn't care, then why should I?" As she is finally coming to realize, her character is very strong.....strong like the woman she inherited it from. "I.....I could never measure up to her, I could never be like her. As much as I'd like to....I just can't. I can only be me."

Abilities:
Firebending || Basic Class At birth, she was born without the gift of sight. Not only did this cripple her ability to see like an average person, it also crippled her ability to firebend. Hotaru's firebending is so shoddy, it shouldn't even be called firebending. The most she can do is produce sparks from her fingertips and regulate her body temperature. As far as projecting arcs, sweeps, and massive fireballs....the talent escapes her. In terms of an offensive stance to the art, Hotaru is arguably the worst firebender ever. A 12 year old with less skill and zero training could execute the katas better than her. Still, her father Sanosuke Kondo (originally Zhou) remained steadfast in her training. Together they discovered something about Hotaru that could, if handled right, could be used to the little girl's advantage.

Thermal Sense/Electric Field detection/Martial Arts- Master Class Hotaru's firebending is technically inverted, only able to come forth full swing when she's supremely angry. Due to the inversion, her inner fire is a bit bigger than most because it lacks a natural release. Instead, it causes her to be sensitive to other forms of life around her and allows her to "detect" other living things through their natural body heat. Hotaru is also sensitive to the electric field of the earth, using it as a "channel" to help navigate around factors that are inanimate. Her father discovered this early on and set about sharpening this skill of hers without delay. If he couldn't teach her to firebend, he would do his darnedest to teach her how to "see". Refusing to miss a beat, Sanosuke also enroll her in a school for martial arts,Wu Shu, and would train her personally from sun up until sun down. Both of them worked shoulder to shoulder to perfect everything, seeing as having this sensitivity would come in handy for her defense or during confrontation.

Singing|| Enchanting Class Hotaru is a songbird, where she inherited the talent from no one knows. Her father would often joke that came into the world belting a tune rather than crying, and ever since she was very small she was always singing some silly made up song. Unlike her spoken voice, which is light and airy, her singing voice is the exact opposite. Husky and sensual, Hotaru's melody is a mixture of alto and soprano that builds to a crescendo with a powerful finish. She either does covers for songs that already exist, or she'll just make up her own as she goes. When she's not out helping her father around his business she's usually off on her own or doing individual shows in Ba Sing Se as a side job. She's been affectionately named "The Nightingale" because of her tantalizing talent, and her love for singing.

Gungsul/Archery|| Master Class A hobby she'd become interested in when she was about 11 years old, Hotaru's been working with bow and arrows for about five years. For this hobby she attended a small, but proficient school in Ba Sing Se for defense arts; she tested most of the weapons and fell right at home with the the Hwal- A medium sized curved horn bow. Though blind, her sensory abilities give her the upper hand in determining her spacial awareness and objects relative to her position on any field, animate or inanimate. She's hasn't exactly mastered it but the girl can get pretty rough with a hwal in hand and has no problem hitting live targets. As of yet, her aim accuracy has increased to 97%, a 15 point progression from her record 23 months before.

Appearance:
Spoiler:
Height: 5'6 and still growing. O_o
Weight: 126 lbs.
Eyes: Clouded silver.
Hair: Hair the color of rich calligraphy ink; so black that it appears purple under the moonlight.

Hotaru Kondo is five foot six, and one hundred and twenty six pounds with a petite frame. The tone of her skin is like the color of milk with a somewhat tan, and her eyes are a clouded silvery color instead of the tell-tale gold of the Fire Nation. Her hair, as dark as a raven, is bone straight and falls to her waist. The color is so rich that, when under the light of the moon it looks like a deep purple. It is usually followed with a razor cut bang that covers her forehead with two bangs that frame the sides of her face. Most of the time she'll just grow the bang out and swoop it to the side, effectively covering part of one of her eyes. Her face is heart shaped, with a button nose and pouty lips. Her attire mainly consistes of traditional chinese dresses, or kimonos, always wearing pants underneath them. Hotaru wears simple sandals that tie up her ankles, and the only jewelry she cares to own are a pair of violet earrings shaped like flowers. She also adorns a butterfly clip or comb in her hair.

Weaponry & Other Gear:
Item Name Hotaru's Lightning Bow.
Materials: The bow is a reflexive composite type, made from the horns of leopard-buffalo which is sinew-backed with bamboo and oak used for the handle. The siyahs, the stiffened outer ends of the limbs, are made of either mulberry or black locust spliced (v-splice) onto the bamboo. The glue is made from fish air-bladder. Over the sinew backing is a special birch bark that is soaked in sea water (possibly for one year). It is applied to the back using diluted rubber cement.

Description:
Spoiler:
The Hwal is a medium sized bow, but very powerful with a far shooting range. (350 Meters) The Lightning Bow is fit for accurate shots when the archer is on a mount or mobile. Because it curves away from the archer,this design gives higher draw-weight in the early stages of the archer's draw, storing somewhat more total energy for a given final draw-weight. The build of the bow is made from a less dense molding for the leopard-buffalo's horn, allowing for higher arrow velocity and a wider parameter.

History:
Tales From Ba Sing Se- Story of the Lightning Bug.

"My name is Hotaru Kondo. My story begins long ago, long before I was born. But for now, it's a tale that shall remain a mystery. Let's begin with something that matters now... the fourteenth day of the sixth month under the cloak of the moon." That was the night I was born. As far as anyone was concerned, I was the healthiest I could be. Save for one problem, I was bereft of sight. You where I'm going with this, I'm blind. From the time I took my first breath I felt alienated to the world, I couldn't see it and I didn't understand it. My parents didn't really know how to handle it, but to their credit they did the best that they could. My father was and still is a genius, a firebender of prodigious skill; doting and ever present. My mother.....an officer to be revered, was and remains oddly devoid of any maternal instinct whatsoever; constant but always distant. Between the two of them, they only thing they could do was muddle through, hoping to find some way to deal with their only child's disability.

If I told you that being sightless never bothered me I'd be spinning you a bold-faced lie. From the time I was very small I knew I was different. No one else in my family was blind like me. They could see the sun when it rose, see the flowers when they bloomed, or watch fireworks at the festivals. I don't even know what colors are. I couldn't do any of that, and I knew I never would. I'd never see my father's smile or my mother's "captivating amber eyes"; no, I would always be alone, shrouded in the dark even when I was in the light. My father spent countless hours trying to figure out clever ways to cure me. But healing is no great art for Firebenders. Eventually, he figured out a trick, a way to sense the things around me through heat and the earth's electric field. It wouldn't have been possible if I hadn't proven myself my father's daughter at the age of four when I practically brought down the house bending fire for the first time.

Maybe I was oblivious, but by my memories I know there was a time when we all lived together and were happy. Sure, my father and mother didn't always get along,that's all part of that mysterious beginning I told you about earlier. Nope! Still not telling. But when I was ten, that changed. My mother's job pulled her away from us. She had been running through the ranks her entire life, and now......she was running right out of our reach. My "brothers" and "sisters" became Kyoshi Warriors. That is, the closest things I ever had to brothers and sisters. Mostly they were just my babysitters while the great 'Tiger General' was off commanding the troops. I'd never say it aloud but....I truly believe she cared more about her own soldiers than she ever did about me.

For his part, my father did what he could and stuck by me, through the aftermath of it all we became a solid team. He introduced me to archery and martial arts, a talent he had in spades. Like my "firebending" before it, I proved myself to be a natural. He encouraged me to follow my heart's desire and so I followed it right into singing. Strange place to go, I know. Considering everything else, I'd be a more likely pick for an assassin squad somewhere, right? But I love singing. It's a love that made me famous... or as famous as any fourteen year old in Ba Sing Se with pipes like mine could be...

To this day I still follow my own path, and my father and I are still a team. I can't really speak for my mother because I don't even know where the two of us are to go from here. I still see her but......that's just about it. And if it's all the same to you, I'd rather not talk about it anymore.

Last edited by Hotaru on Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:00 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kanoei
Staff Moderator
Kanoei

EXP : 8293
Birthday : 1989-10-02

Character Description
Position: Chief of the Northern Water Tribe
Nation: Water Tribes

PostSubject: Re: Hotaru Kondo [Complete]   Hotaru Kondo [Complete] EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 8:44 am

I APPROVE. Edited for format. Look forward to RPing with her Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.lanembrozgal.com
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

EXP : 20825
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Avatar
Nation: Water Tribes

PostSubject: Re: Hotaru Kondo [Complete]   Hotaru Kondo [Complete] EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 10:38 am

Hotaru Kondo [Complete] Soa

need more be said?
Back to top Go down
Loki
Staff Admin
Loki

EXP : 5815

Character Description
Position: Thief
Nation: Air Temples

PostSubject: Re: Hotaru Kondo [Complete]   Hotaru Kondo [Complete] EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 1:02 pm

I approve too. Have fun!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hotaru Kondo [Complete]   Hotaru Kondo [Complete] Empty

Back to top Go down

Hotaru Kondo [Complete]
Page 1 of 1