The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sowanami, the Spirit of Nature

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Matsu
Staff Admin
Matsu

EXP : 2408
Birthday : 1996-03-21

Character Description
Position: Travelling Circus Member
Nation: Air Temples

Sowanami, the Spirit of Nature  Empty
PostSubject: Sowanami, the Spirit of Nature    Sowanami, the Spirit of Nature  EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 8:25 pm

Full Name: Sowanami, Spirit of Nature
Position: The Spirit of Nature

Personality: (73)
Sowanami could easily be known as the most peaceful and kind of all the spirits. She often travels to the human world and roams about in the guise of a human, often helping travelers through the forest. The only time that she is violent is when she sees pollution of any kind. She will do whatever it takes to eliminate the source of it, and will restore balance to nature at any cost.

Abilities: (90)
She has the ability to control all things nature related, with the exception of the elements. She can possess the body of a single animal at a time, and can also speak to animals. She can meld herself into plants, and just by walking causes plants to grow. She can also cause herself to be hidden if need be, such as camouflaging into the environment around her as long as she has plants near. If she is doing something that requires extreme amounts of power, she uses the life inside of plants and animals around her.

Appearance:

History: (155)
Sowanami's beginning is very shady, the exact nature of it known only to herself. While anything personal about her remains a mystery to those who know of her existence, her deeds are known throughout the world. It began with men tearing down trees being found mysteriously bound and gagged by vines, and escalated to her adorning buildings that pumped out pollution with flowers to send a message. She does not choose sides in anything for any nation, but simply wants her forests and her friends (the animals) to be safe from the growing developments of man.

Many do not know that she is a kind spirit, mostly hearing tales of her wiping out those who do not respect her beautiful lands, but she does also help the occasional lost human through the forest. She does not reside in the Spirit World, often being the target of ridicule because she is known to be one of the weaker spirits--unless angry.

**OPTIONAL**
Character Box//Sample RP:

Sowanami

Sowanami smiled as she stroked the baby fox-antelope's head, feeding it small flowers out of her palm. It nuzzled against her cheek, and she let out a small laugh. A rustle in the bushes alerted her of someone's presence, and the fox-antelope scurried off as Sowanami stood. The person was a kid, of probably thirteen. "Hello, child," Sowanami said with a smile as she called the fox-antelope back with small animal sounds. It didn't come back though, and she sighed before turning to the stranger. "What brings you here, hmm? Not lost, are we?" she cooed, flicking a long strand of her silver hair out of her face. The boy nodded his head, looking around himself.

The area all around was adorned in various plants, a small waterfall cascading along some rocks. She smiled and beckoned him forward, leading him back the way he had come, wildflowers springing up beneath her trailing hair and leaving a colorful path for the boy to follow as he tripped and stumbled over vines and rocks. She eventually pointed forward and small, white flowers sprouted up and began to glow with a soft luminescence. "Follow the flowers back to the road, and you shall be able to find your home on your own," she said, before melting into a nearby tree, disappearing from the boy's sight.

Mood: Passive
Condition: Healthy

Last edited by Sowanami on Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sowanami, the Spirit of Nature    Sowanami, the Spirit of Nature  EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 8:28 pm

Approved, just wait for two others to approve you.
Back to top Go down
Loki
Staff Admin
Loki

EXP : 5815

Character Description
Position: Thief
Nation: Air Temples

PostSubject: Re: Sowanami, the Spirit of Nature    Sowanami, the Spirit of Nature  EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 8:40 pm

Rejected. I told you that I do not believe spirits should be an option for character creation. It just seems a bit silly to put the power of destroying entire towns into the hands of anyone, and I would not make an exception for you.
Back to top Go down
Novai
Awesome Member

EXP : -2
Birthday : 1994-11-12

Character Description
Position: Fire Lord
Nation: Fire Nation

PostSubject: Re: Sowanami, the Spirit of Nature    Sowanami, the Spirit of Nature  EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 9:05 pm

Err, I'm never one to reject, this is a little weird so let me explain my thought process.

"She has the ability to control all things nature related."

Alright lets list some things in "nature" - Fire, Water, Earth, Air.

As Loki also stated, the whole:

"escalated to her wiping out entire cities"

While ironically the character is known as:

"to be one of the weaker spirits"

My formal rejection until these specific abilities and contradictions are edited out.

-Novai
Back to top Go down
Novai
Awesome Member

EXP : -2
Birthday : 1994-11-12

Character Description
Position: Fire Lord
Nation: Fire Nation

PostSubject: Re: Sowanami, the Spirit of Nature    Sowanami, the Spirit of Nature  EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 9:29 pm

I've read the changes, exercise caution when using these "natural related" abilities.

Approved.
Back to top Go down
Hakota-Zai
Superb Member
Hakota-Zai

EXP : 4685
Birthday : 1993-10-01

Character Description
Position: Vagrant
Nation: Earth Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Sowanami, the Spirit of Nature    Sowanami, the Spirit of Nature  EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 9:45 pm

Personally, I have no quarrel against spirits. And I do believe you originally designed 'Nature' to only include flora and fauna, not 'natural' things. I don't believe you intended to insinuate she could do severe damage to anything. Hei Bai only could do so because of specific circumstance, and the ocean spirit because it was with the avatar state's power.

With that in mind, I do
Approve.

Spirits don't always have utter power in the mortal realm. Take Hei Bai, for example. An angry spirit that only had power in one particular place during the winter solstice. Such was quite specific. Perhaps you could even have her able to walk out of her forest(I assume the Boggy Swamp), but not be able to use her greater abilities except when she is home. Just suggestions to ease the pressure. Do with them as you will.

I think spirits can have a proper place here on NC, if allowed. Since Gysu and Novai Approved, have fun with her, Nokomi; that's three staff approvals.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sowanami, the Spirit of Nature    Sowanami, the Spirit of Nature  Empty

Back to top Go down

Sowanami, the Spirit of Nature
Page 1 of 1