The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Isolation No Longer

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Isolation No Longer  Empty
PostSubject: Isolation No Longer    Isolation No Longer  EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 12:10 am

Ryu Minoru looked out towards the vast ocean. He longed to explore the outside world, as the Southern Water Tribe was the only place he had ever known. He had asked for a small ship to be built. Why? Ryu Minoru was the Tribal Chief, so he didn't need a reason. However, he knew that he did have a reason. He planned to leave the place he had always called home and explore the outside world. He wasn't sure if his people would approve, but he felt that he needed to see what was out there. He knew that there had to be more to the world than just his homeland. He had heard stories since his childhood from travelers about distant lands with people similar to Waterbenders that controlled different elements. Ryu Minoru longed for the day that he could see it all with his own eyes. When he was younger, he had been afraid to ask his father if he could leave the Southern Water Tribe, as he didn't want to face disapproval. However, as his father had died two years ago, Ryu Minoru had now taken over as Tribal Chief. He had been making preparations for some time now, and the boat was supposed to be finished soon. He hoped that he would be able to leave before the next morning. Reluctantly, Ryu Minoru turned away from the ocean and returned to his house. He could do nothing more than just wait for now. But soon, everything would be ready and he could finally leave the Southern Water Tribes. He hoped to be able to return often so that he could still have a good relationship with his people. But he felt excitement at the possibility of meeting new people in distant lands. He began the final preparations to be ready to leave when his boat was finished.
Back to top Go down

Isolation No Longer  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Isolation No Longer    Isolation No Longer  EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 4:33 pm

The sun was setting. The boat had been finished a little while ago, but there were still some final things Ryu Minoru needed to prepare before he left. He hadn't quite figured out what to do for food, but he figured he could take a pole to fish with, as he had eaten fish often for most of his life. Fire was a different issue though, and he figured he might not be able to cook anything until he reached land again. He had no idea how long that would be.

By the time Ryu Minoru was ready to leave, night had fallen. "No matter. I will leave immediately, as perhaps I could reach land by daybreak. If I leave in the cover of night, it gives less chance of a big gathering, whether to keep me here or to see me off." Ryu Minoru left his thoughts, gathered what belongings he would take with him, and then left his house.

When Ryu Minoru reached the shore, he saw the boat ready and waiting for him. There seemed to be some wind further out in the ocean, but nearby the waters looked calm. After getting in the boat, Ryu Minoru used his Waterbending to move some water from the ocean towards the shore in order to lift the boat enough to get the boat off of the shore and into the water. Moving the water to initially guide the boat, Ryu Minoru then put up the sail and let the winds direct his path. Ryu Minoru glanced back towards the village, and saw that all was quiet. Most of the people were probably asleep. "Good," Ryu Minoru thought, "That will give me time to get at least a fair distance away before anybody realizes I'm gone." Ryu Minoru had casually mentioned to some people that he had been thinking about leaving the Southern Water Tribe, but most people had thought he was joking. After all, he was the Tribal Chief, why would he want to leave his home? Ryu Minoru planned to return as often as his travels would allow, but he felt a need to leave and explore the rest of the world. He lied down and looked up at the stars as the wind carried his boat. He slowly fell into a calm, quiet sleep.
Back to top Go down

Isolation No Longer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP :: Water Tribes :: Southern Water Tribe-
Jump to: