The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hidden Dangers [Obsidian]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Korra
Korra

EXP : 5270
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Hidden Dangers [Obsidian] Empty
PostSubject: Hidden Dangers [Obsidian]   Hidden Dangers [Obsidian] EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 7:13 am

Korra Tonraizi

It was not to say that Korra disliked Princess Kaede's idea of a girl's day out; she was just not used to the notion, primarily because she worried about going into certain parts of town given her own traumatic fears. But, Kaede reminded her of how strong she was, and how strong the little princess herself was, and it gave the little waterbender with rock-bottom self-esteem levels a little confidence boost that really helped.

And thus, Korra became victim of Kaede's whims for a day, taking part in all sorts of girly things like manicures and pedicures, getting their hair done, buying new clothes and dresses--the whole 9 yards. It was later in the afternoon when they finally took a break, so to speak, before taking a walk around the city.

Despite the rotten underbelly, there were plenty of places in Zulera City that were beautiful and (mostly) safe. these were where Kaede and Korra stayed, overall having a good time.
Well... until Korra froze. when asked about it, she glanced around.
"There is someone following us." Korra warned, "stay close to me, Kaede. I'l bring them out..." she pulled water from the flasks at her sides, before tiptoing sideways towards a narrow corner, before she slung the water at who she suspected the spy might be.
Granted, had she know it was a metal suit, she'd have realized that it'd take a much stronger blast of water to faze it, but whatever was back there, she needed to stop it from stalking them.
Mood: Concerned
Condition: Perfect
Link: Korra

Last edited by Korra on Thu May 28, 2015 5:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Obsidian
Obsidian

EXP : 2775

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Dangers [Obsidian]   Hidden Dangers [Obsidian] EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 10:46 pm

Obsidian

Zulera City.  Minato and his gang were the town’s muscle.  He wasn’t the richest Crime Lord, and he didn’t have as much influence as the others, but he did have the most dangerous gang.  All veterans of The War Of Tipped Scales…The Shadows.  Any particularly violent and heinous crime in the city, was attributed mostly to them.

Obsidian had tracked Minato all the way from Ba Sing Se, and the city had become a home for him as he searched for his betrayer.  He had gained a lot of intel on the gang he was hunting, but Minato was paranoid and hid himself well, working only through intermediaries.  All that was left was for Obsidian to hurt Minato’s operations enough to draw the coward out of hiding.

During a raid of one of Minato’s warehouses, Obsidian had recovered evidence that Minato was planning to kidnap and ransom the new Fire Nation Ambassador to Zulera City…The Fire Lord’s daughter, Kaede.  “Kidnapping innocent young girls,” said Obsidian to himself, “Minato really has fallen far.”

There wasn’t a chance in hell that Obsidian was going to let Minato succeed and so he found Kaede, and followed her.  From the shadows Obsidian couldn’t help but smile at Kaede.   The most beautiful and graceful young lady he had ever seen.   She had a gentle spirit, and just radiated joy.  With her always was another young woman.  She was beautiful as well, but appeared to carry a heavy burden.  It made for a stark contrast between the two young ladies.

It was a night like any other, Obsidian had watched over Kaede from the shadows, not knowing when Minato’s men would strike.  He had suffered through hours of watching them have their girls night out and was about to call it a night when one of the girls caught wind of him and basically splashed him with water, exposing his position.  At that very moment Obsidian looked up to see attackers moving in from the rooftops.

Obsidian immediately stepped into the light, revealing himself in full to the two young women.  “You need to follow me…quickly!  It’s not safe!”

Mood: Cautious
Condition: Healthy

Back to top Go down
Korra
Korra

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Dangers [Obsidian]   Hidden Dangers [Obsidian] EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 1:05 am

Korra Tonraizi

Not to say that Korra was freaked out... but Korra was suddenly in hysterics. To say that the notion of a masked man was not downright terrifying for the young waterbender might have been an understatement. Panicking, she scrambled backwards until she was pinned up against a wall, looking around frantically. She seemed to almost want to say something, but all that came out of her mouth was incoherent gibberish.

"Please..." Kaede stepped forward hurriedly, trying to obscure Korra's view, since thew aterbender was now cowering in her corner, "you're scaring her. Who are you? and what do you want with us?" Not that Kaede was about to give in or anything, but a random stranger telling them to follow him--and one that was putting her friend into straight-up hysterics, no less, was not exactly something that sayt comfortably with Kaede.
Mood: Frenzied
Condition: Pancking

Last edited by Korra on Thu May 28, 2015 5:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Obsidian
Obsidian

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Dangers [Obsidian]   Hidden Dangers [Obsidian] EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 4:16 am

Obsidian

Obsidian did genuinely feel bad for scaring the young waterbender, it couldn’t be helped, and chances were that she would be more scared of what lay beneath the mask.  Obsidian raised his hands in a non-threatening way and addressed Kaede who seemed much more level-headed and calm.  “Your friend is not much of bodyguard,” he said worryingly looking at the cowering girl, “I mean you both no harm, in fact I am trying to help you.  There is no time to explain…you must trust me and follow me!” Urged the man of metal, looking up and seeing Minato’s Shadows getting dangerously close.  “Get your friend up, we are running out of time!”

Back to top Go down
Korra
Korra

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Dangers [Obsidian]   Hidden Dangers [Obsidian] EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 5:45 am

Korra Tonraizi

Kaede paused for a second as her mind went into overdrive. It took some seriously deep thought to process what this man was saying, and despite Korra's panicking, she knew that they should trust him. So... she did what she did best, and became a little sweetie-pie for Korra's sake.

"Korra... it's gonna be okay. just... trust me, okie?" she pleaded, "I promise I won't let him hurt you. he wants to help us! I know it!"
Korra sighed, standing up slowly with her knees trembling.
"Anyone else, and I'd have said no..." Korra sighed, "but you, Kaede... you're the best..." she hugged the smaller girl before racing after the metal man, trying not to look at him and instead focusing on Kaede's flowing hair or her cute little skirts flowing. Hopefully they wouldn't regret this...
Mood: Worried
Condition: Nervous

Last edited by Korra on Thu May 28, 2015 5:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Obsidian
Obsidian

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Dangers [Obsidian]   Hidden Dangers [Obsidian] EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:45 am

Obsidian

Obsidian gestured for the two ladies to follow him as he led them through Zulera City’s winding streets and dark alleyways.  He was fast… very fast and knew the streets like the back of his hand; he made sure however that Kaede and Korra were able to keep up.  “Quickly now,” he panted, “we aren’t far from safety.”

The words had scarcely left his mouth when three of Minato’s thugs leaped in front of Obsidian.  In a split second, Obsidian reacted.  His instincts and reflexes honed from years of battle.  He threw his arms back and delivered a mighty kick to the chest of one the attackers.  The force of the kick broke bone and launched the thug across the alley and into a wall which cracked from the blow.  The two remaining thugs stumbled back in fright, but Obsidian would not let them get away.  He grabbed the nearest attacker’s leg and tossed him to the side, into a pile of garbage.  The last remaining attacker tried once last attack as he tried to scramble away, shooting a small chunk of rock towards Obsidian.  Obsidian held out his hand and caught the rock in his iron grasp.  He immediately tossed it over his shoulder before he took a step towards the attacker and knocked him out with a single punch.

What Obsidian didn’t see however, was two of Minato’s men sneaking up on Korra and Kaede, while he was busy with the other three.

Back to top Go down
Korra
Korra

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Dangers [Obsidian]   Hidden Dangers [Obsidian] EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 12:16 am

Korra Tonraizi

Incidentally, Korra and Kaede were able to keep up with him fairly easily, as both of them were very light on their feet--the latter because of the tricks her mother had taught her, and the former due to her own trauma and paranoia.

however, as Murphy would have it, they had almost reached their destination when they were suddenly attacked by bandits--or assassins, or whatever they were. Obsidian was able to fight most of them off, but Korra noticed a few that slipped his eye--and this was before she had even turned around.
"BEHIND YOU, KAEDE!" Korra warned, pivoting expertly around on her heel before whipping up two large swathes of water that spun around her hands in a large radius. She charged one of the assailants, while Kaede wasted no time in back-flipping towards the other of them, striking them with small flames to knock them back for a second.

Korra sent one swathe of water towards one foe, and the other against the other, mostly just knocking them down and saturating them with water. Kaede, knowing exactly how to utilize this, went in for the finishing strikes, jumping forward and launching a powerful bolt of lightning from her hand towards the two--electrocuting them swiftly and effectively.
Mood: Worried
Condition: Nervous

Last edited by Korra on Thu May 28, 2015 5:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Obsidian
Obsidian

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Dangers [Obsidian]   Hidden Dangers [Obsidian] EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 2:19 am

Obsidian

Obsidian had just finished dealing with the three goons when he heard Korra shout a warning to Kaede.  He watched with a smirk as the two youngsters made quick work of the attackers.  He did not expect such a skilled and coordinated counter-attack from the two little ladies, but then again…she *was* the Fire Lord’s daughter and Korra *was* her bodyguard.  But the group that had just attacked were only scouts, Minato’s veterans would soon be upon them in greater numbers.

Obsidian wasted no time after the thugs were dealt with.  “Let’s move!” he called out as he bolted off once more into a dark alley nearby.  He moved surprisingly quickly and quietly for a man clad in so much armor and had covered a lot of ground in no time at all.  Of course he knew the nimble young ladies would have no problem keeping up.  Obsidian suddenly stopped at the end of a well hidden alley.  He crouched down and placed his palm on the ground, using earthbending to reveal a secret tunnel.  “get in quickly..” he whispered as his eyes scanned for any attackers that might have followed.

He waited for the girls to enter the tunnel, and went in after them, closing the entrance once they were all safe inside.  “Some light if you don’t mind,” he asked as he brushed passed Kaede, “I don’t need it, but you two can’t feel the earth as I do…and there are lots of places to stub your toes or scrape your knees ahead.”

“Well fought back there,” he remarked as he led the way deeper into the dark tunnel, “You both have been well trained and make a good team.  I think Minato might have underestimated you both just as I did, but even you two wouldn’t stand a chance against the army of Ex-Shadows that he was sending to capture you.”

Mood: Curious
Condition: Great

Back to top Go down
Korra
Korra

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Dangers [Obsidian]   Hidden Dangers [Obsidian] EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 11:17 pm

Korra Tonraizi

Despite being traumatized (by events that happened long before this one), Korra was in fact rather efficient. It might have given rise to a curiosity as to why she had freaked out earlier if she could handle her own so well in a fight, but Korra (or more likely, Kaede) could explain it later.

Kaede and Korra both managed to keep up with the metal man, Korra mostly following because she trusted Kaede, and Kaede trusted him. Kaede hopped into the tunnel without hesitation, having adopted her trusting nature from her father Tarek. Korra jumped in after her, knowing it was her duty to protect her.

"So..." Korra asked as Kaede lit up the area around them. she was nimble for a girl in a skirt and heels. "what's the rest of the story? tell us everything, now that we've basically got nowhere else to run." Not that she didn't trust him; she just felt she couldn't be too careful, given that horrors that had happened in her life...
Condition: Calmed

Last edited by Korra on Thu May 28, 2015 5:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Obsidian
Obsidian

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Dangers [Obsidian]   Hidden Dangers [Obsidian] EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 7:31 am

Obsidian

Obsidian didn’t look back or stop when Korra spoke, he just continued walking.  “Nowhere to run indeed,” he said in his deep, gruff voice, “if it was my intention to bring you harm, it would be the perfect time.  In this tunnel you would not stand a chance.” He said as he forged ahead, ducking under a low hanging piece of ceiling.

The group eventually came to a dead end.  Obsidian held up his palm against the wall of solid rock and it effortlessly slid away revealing a huge underground cavern that served as Obsidian’s main base.  There tables covered in maps, documents, dossiers on criminals and a large variety of odd contraptions.  Obsidian gestured for them to enter.  “Make yourselves at home…we are going to have to lay low for a bit.  It’s not what a princess is used to, but it will do.  I suppose you both deserve an explanation for everything as well.”  

Obsidian made his way to his desk and quickly closed a file, inside were pictures of Maranzano, Minato, Maya, Tamiyo and Robin…The five Crime Lords of Zulera City.  There was another file underneath it, simply labelled Daikon.  Obsidian simply shoved the files into a draw and sat down, gesturing towards the two young women to join him.  “I knew of Minato’s plan to kidnap you both for some time, I have been watching over you ever since.” He began as he turned the gaze of his eerie mask towards Kaede, “The Fire Lord I knew was a coward and a fool…I am glad to see that his replacement is nothing like him at all…you can tell much about a man from his children you know, and you have certainly showed your quality in the few weeks I have watched over you.  You have a kind and good heart and I am sure Tarek is very proud of you.”

Obsidian paused for a moment, he almost looked sad as he stared at Kaede, despite his expressionless mask.  In truth he felt a bit regretful that he never had a family of his own.  He suddenly snapped out of it quickly however.  “Minato bided his time, waiting until you two were alone to strike, I would have intervened without you two even knowing if your friend here didn’t spot me.” He said turning towards Korra, “How did you spot me by the way?  Where did you train? And why did you panic when you saw me?”

Back to top Go down
Korra
Korra

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Dangers [Obsidian]   Hidden Dangers [Obsidian] EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 12:59 am

Korra Tonraizi

Kaede nodded understandingly as they reached what was clearly a base of operations. She was in fact used to better, but that did not mean that she could not crack down and deal with it for the time being.

While Kaede listened to Obsidian's remarks, nodding understandingly and thanking him politely when the compliments were given, Korra was wandering around the different rows of gadgets, looking at some, analyzing others, and even daring to pick a few up to look at them. Thus, when a question was finally shot her way, she actually jumped, putting down a gadget that she had actually already started looking at ways to possibly upgrade.

"I spotted you for the same reason I panicked." Korra explained meekly, "it's... a long story that I would rather not get into." She figured that Kaede would spill it, because it did need explanation, but Korra was not really the one suited for explaining it, because it would sometimes bring back the traumatic memories themselves, which was not what she wanted.
"these gadgets," she was clearly trying to shift the subject, and Kaede was right there to answer the questions if Obsidian wanted the details--Korra had probably just generated more questions than less.
"...they all yours?"
Condition: Calmed

Last edited by Korra on Thu May 28, 2015 5:32 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Obsidian
Obsidian

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Dangers [Obsidian]   Hidden Dangers [Obsidian] EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 4:15 am

Obsidian

Obsidian raised an eyebrow behind his mask.  He was no stranger to war, and many of his friends suffered from post-traumatic stress, he was now beginning to see similar signs in Korra.  He respected her wishes and did not the press the issue further; instead he turned back to Kaede and leaned forward.  “I take it your friend has been through much?” he asked in a soft, compassionate voice, curious to find out what had moulded Korra into the woman she was today.

When Kora asked about the gadgets, Obsidian quickly looked up and nodded.  “Yes they are mine,” he began, “I have found myself to be in need of such devices in the field, but I am no tinkerer…these are mostly just failed ideas and concepts.  I do not have the skill or wealth to have them developed further.”

Back to top Go down
Korra
Korra

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Dangers [Obsidian]   Hidden Dangers [Obsidian] EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 5:21 am

Korra Tonraizi

Kaede frowned. "that was why she freaked out. She's been through a lot of terrible things... some of which would have shattered the will of adults twice her age or more." Kaede was not one to tell tall tales, but the story of Korra was one that most people had to hear to actually believe.

Luckily Korra was oblivious to that conversation. Instead, all she heard was something about gadgets and being unable to upgrade them.
"These look promising," she turned back to the others before disappearing down the ranks and rows of gadgets and gizmos, "I could upgrade several of these fairly easily. All I'd need were a few bits of sire and maybe some scrap metal of some sort..." she started rambling a little as she picked up this or analyzed that, getting right in her little groove. Kaede smiled up at Obsidian as if to silently say that underneath the traumatized exterior of the young waterbender, there was a brilliant little genuis waiting to show herself.
Mood: Excited
Condition: Interested

Last edited by Korra on Thu May 28, 2015 5:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Obsidian
Obsidian

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Dangers [Obsidian]   Hidden Dangers [Obsidian] EmptyThu May 28, 2015 4:08 am

Obsidian

Obsidian tilted his head at the young waterbender who was now examining his prototypes as Kaede mentioned her troubled past. “What kind of terrible things?  I have seen many horrors in my time, but I can see the wounds of some unspeakable evil etched onto her soul that even I cannot fathom.”

He lifted a hand towards Korra after she mentioned that she could make some improvements, “Go right ahead, I have a crate of scrap metal in the next room, and I would welcome your help.  There are some designs I had in mind on that table over there, maybe you can figure out how to fabricate them?”

Back to top Go down
Korra
Korra

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Dangers [Obsidian]   Hidden Dangers [Obsidian] EmptyThu May 28, 2015 5:43 am

Korra Tonraizi

Perhaps it was for the best when Korra shut herself in the other room with the scraps and the blueprints on the table. She scanned a few of them, looking at what sort of concepts they were trying to give life to, and she already began forumlating what she could do. Alone in a workshop, and Korra was dangerously talented. It was not long after that they began hearing banging noises and other sounds form there, meaning that Korra was absorbed in her work.

Kaede on the other hand, seemed much less excited. "the stories Korra has told me..." she shuddered, "that girl's life is one big horror story..." She started from the beginning, as recounted by Korra to her (Kaede was one of the few people Korra trusted with it). Everything Korra had told Kaede about her life, she shared with this man, trusting him with this personal information.
"Please do not share it with anyone... not even Korra." she requested at the end, "I don't know what her patterns are, but sometimes even talking about it in front of her can trigger those horrifying memories. She..." Kaede frowned, "she deserves so much better than this..."

Back to top Go down
Obsidian
Obsidian

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Dangers [Obsidian]   Hidden Dangers [Obsidian] EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 4:05 am

Obsidian

As Kaede recounted Korra’s story to Obsidian, a shiver ran through his spine and an boundless wrath rose up in his heart.  He stared at the door which Korra had closed to tinker away in peace and clenched his metal fists.  “Her secrets are safe with me Kaede,” assured Obsidian before he lowered his head. ”I have heard similar stories...” he whispered, “back in the war...of a man, twisted and evil, that matches that description.  Many young women fell victim to his sick games, and were completely warped into creations of his own design.  If Korra managed to escape him...then she must have some strength in her.”

Obsidian paused for a moment, then turned to Kaede.  “Where do you come into her tale?  And the madman?  Does he still live?” asked Obsidian in a determined tone.

Back to top Go down
Korra
Korra

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Dangers [Obsidian]   Hidden Dangers [Obsidian] EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 8:04 pm

Korra Tonraizi

Every now and again there would be the banging of a hammer, the crackling sound of sparks, or the shifting or sliding of boxes or other heavy objects. Korra was either rampaging like a bull in a china shop, or she really knew what she was doing.

"My brother and I came in afterwards, shortly before my father Tarek took Korra in to help repair her fractured spirit," Kaede explained, "as for the madman... there has been no evidence of his actual death, even though he has been vigorously pursued by Aveline ever since."
She paused. "Although... I am curious then. if you say he has done this to other women before... how did Korra manage to survive it?" Korra was an intriguing individual to Kaede, who had never met someone as erratic and unusual as the young waterbender. It was a mystery for the ages.

Back to top Go down
Obsidian
Obsidian

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Dangers [Obsidian]   Hidden Dangers [Obsidian] EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 9:49 am

Obsidian

Obsidian turned his head towards his workshop, where various sounds were emanating from. He smiled behind his mask, it sounded like there was a whole group of people working instead of just one girl. He was glad that she could be busy, at least it would take her mind off the stressful evening she had just experienced.

He turned back to Kaede when she mentioned Tarek. “The Fire Lord? Helping people? The world has really changed then. I don’t know what you mean by ‘repairing her fractured spirit,’ but it looks like whatever your father done, it worked, at least to an extent. The other women I know of that Daikon got his filthy hands on all changed and irreversibly so. They died the moment they were taken, and were turned into twisted reflections of their master. They murdered and tortured others just to get his approval. But Daikon wasn’t interested in any of them. He used them when he felt like it, mostly for sex and got them to do his legwork and such when he needed lackeys but he never cared for one of them. One by one they started hurting themselves, desperate for his attention. Most of the time, they killed themselves in the process. I remember one girl my men found near Ba Sing Se, she literally skinned herself alive. We heard manic, frenzied screams outside the wall and ran out only to discover a skinless creature writhing around in her own blood and whispering his name. I...killed her...she was in agonizing pain and without her skin she would die of infection and blood loss within in the hour, so I put her out of her misery.”

Obsidian paused for a moment and lowered his head, as memories of that night came back to him. “Korra is afraid of him, and rightly so. But that is good news, because it means his hold is broken. She is the first to survive his influence...she must have a strong spirit indeed. Let us hope for Korra sake, that this Aveline you speak of found Daikon and finished the job.”

Mood: Angry

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Dangers [Obsidian]   Hidden Dangers [Obsidian] Empty

Back to top Go down

Hidden Dangers [Obsidian]
Page 1 of 1