The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Newcomer {Kei}

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Yoki
Yoki

EXP : 1660
Birthday : 1996-12-23

Character Description
Position: Assistant Village Healer
Nation: Water Tribes

Newcomer {Kei} Empty
PostSubject: Newcomer {Kei}   Newcomer {Kei} EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 12:47 am

Cleanse Your Spirit

She stuck out like a sore thumb; though her mother did warn her that the weather in the Earth Kingdom was significantly warmer than the Southern Water Tribe. Perhaps she should’ve taken her mother’s warnings a little more seriously and packed clothes that were a little, well, lighter. Yoki had her hair tied up a little higher than usual into a pony-tail, her long hair dangling past her waist. She wore a bright blue tunic and a pair of leather boots. Strapped to her waist was a coat she commonly wore back home, however judging by the weather, it was unlikely she was going to wear it anytime soon.

Her purpose here was fairly simple. She decided that in order to be the great healer she strived so hard to become, she couldn’t keep herself locked up within the South’s walls. Perhaps her greatest weakness was the fact that she stowed away in her comfort zone, building up her own walls to protect herself from the outside world. It was a common defence mechanism, and though she knew that her mother was always there to offer support, she knew she couldn’t possibly reach the level of expertise her mother was in if she continued to linger down south. Her parents had faced their own journeys and travels and they both saw far more things in those journeys than what Yoki had seen in her entire lifetime.

She decided to get out of her comfort zone and head to a place she seemed best suited her needs for the moment: the Earth Kingdom. What sparked her interest the most about coming to this place was how different it was compared to the South. Besides that, it didn’t seem as intimidating as the Fire Nation, and the Air Temples seemed downright inaccessible to her.

She couldn’t explain the culture shock once she actually entered the city however. It was quite an enlightening experience venturing out into the big world. She learned several things about herself. One, for a water-bender, she got sea sick easily. Something about the tumbling of waves and the rocking of the boats simply made her feel as though her life was going through the turmoil of lacking stability. Another thing she discovered about herself was that although she loved sunshine, she definitely couldn’t stand the heat. She wasn’t even sure if this was considered warm to most people or not. As someone who literally thrived in snow, the afternoon sun glaring down on her pale skin made her feel like she was about to melt.

She wiped the drops of sweat off of her forehead as she made her way through the city. The most important thing she learned however was how easily she fell in love with the architecture of the Earth Kingdom. The culture was definitely different. She felt as though people here were just a teensy bit louder. The colors were definitely different too; she was so used to the blinding snow white and ice blue that the earthy colors of green, yellow, and brown made her eyes feel desaturated in a good way. She noticed that people here seemed to walk a little faster. It definitely felt busier than her home town.

What she loved most was what you could buy. Yoki was standing in the middle of what appeared to be a market. They had a far wider range of selections compared to the south. She decided to buy things for today’s dinner, and hopefully find a few things she could experiment with for medicinal purposes. Since she was being supported by her parents, her budget was definitely limited and she only had enough money to last her about two week’s stay at most. She had rented out a room at the local inn and she hoped two weeks was enough time to get some work done. Since she was living off of a limited allowance, the sale sign definitely caught her eye. With only books to guide her, she decided she was going to attempt to make chicken stew. “U-um.” She stuttered. “Carrots and potatoes, please.
Mood: Nervous/ Excited Condition: Feeling Warm
Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

EXP : 13490

Character Description
Position: Jack Of All Trades
Nation: Fire Nation

Newcomer {Kei} Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newcomer {Kei}   Newcomer {Kei} EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 9:06 pm

Kei

Kei just happened to be in the area because of a job he had gotten. The job itself wasn't too bad, it just involved body guarding for a short while, which he had already finished. The only downside to it was the job required him to stay up late the night before. The reason this becomes a problem was because he heard that the carrots and potatoes were on sale on the farmer's market today. If there was anything Kei knew about Vegetables on sale at a Farmer's Market, it was that they always sold very quickly.

Well, Kei ended up waking late and to his horror, he found it was about midday when he came to. Kei knew that at this point in time, the carrots and potatoes would have become very scarce in stock because everyone always arrives in the morning to buy such things. Quickly grabbing his things, Kei made his run to the Farmer's Market.

Out of breath, Kei saw a teenage girl with a bright blue tunic on, buy the last bundle of carrots and potatoes.
Shit shit shit Kei thought frantically to himself, I spent way to much energy running to not get what I came for.
Desperate and out of breath, Kei called out to the the girl, as he continued moving towards her "Oi, girl! Wait a minute! Don't buy those vegetables!"

Kei moved closer, catching his breath, and pleaded, "I realize that this may seem odd to you, but there is no other way around it... I'll give you a Yuon* if you let me have those vegetables instead."

Mood: Worried
Condition: Out Of Breath

[OOC: * - I don't know how much a Yuon is actually worth, so I'm kind of pretending it has the same value as a US dollar.]
Back to top Go down
Yoki
Yoki

Character Description

Newcomer {Kei} Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newcomer {Kei}   Newcomer {Kei} EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 3:56 am

Cleanse Your Spirit

Okay, things were definitely weirder in other countries.

Here she was peacefully buying vegetables for tonight’s dinner and this person shows up and offers to pay her a yuan so that he could buy them instead. This was all confusing for her. Was there something special about these vegetables? Yoki blinked and looked at the stall owner who had already put the vegetables in a small rattan sack, he shrugged.

Oh, um, well I was thinking of making stew tonight.” Yoki explained. “But, um, well, if it’s really that important to you, I suppose you could have em. I mean, you don’t need to pay me.” Perhaps she just realized that she seemed to talk to much when she was nervous.

Or well, I could make stew and give you some, if that would be a good compromise.
Mood: Happy Condition: Blah
Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

Newcomer {Kei} Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newcomer {Kei}   Newcomer {Kei} EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 5:29 am

Kei

Kei scratched his head and said, "Well, I guess that could work. Stew doesn't sound that bad at all..."

Then a thought struck Kei's mind upon the offer the girl gave him, didn't it seem a bit weird? Most people usually would either accept the money or they would say no, but a tennage girl letting a 30-year old man follow her home was by far normal. In a normal situation, the 30-year old man would follow the teenage girl home without the teenage girl knowing.

Actually those thoughts were getting a bit, so nevermind with any of that. Still, Kei had to know.

"Wait a second," Kei asked, "Do your parents not care?"

Condition: Out Of Breath

Back to top Go down
Yoki
Yoki

Character Description

Newcomer {Kei} Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newcomer {Kei}   Newcomer {Kei} EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 10:42 pm

Cleanse Your Spirit

My parents?” Yoki was confused. She was glad he accepted, it meant she could experiment with her love for cooking. “Oh, my parents.” She shook her head. “I…Well, I don’t actually live here.” She felt as though that was obvious, or maybe there were just way too many different cultures in the Earth Kingdom. “Actually, um, I’m here for research mostly.” She told him.

I’m a healer.” She felt as though saying that was redundant. Why else would she be here for research? “I’ve been in search of different herbs and ingredients that aren’t available in my village.” She shrugged. “And well, I enjoy cooking too, so there’s that.

It then struck her that maybe he was asking cause this kind of behavior was frowned upon by society. A flash of red came across her cheeks. “Ah! If you were thinking that I’m some creepy girl, it’s not like that! I’m innocent, I swear!” Yoki was flustered, very flustered.  
Mood:  Embarrassed Condition: Frantic
Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

Newcomer {Kei} Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newcomer {Kei}   Newcomer {Kei} EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 5:48 am

Kei

"From one of the Water Villages?" Kei guessed based on her appearance, "That's quite a ways from here. If I were you, I'd be worried my mother used sending me on a research trip as a cover for actually wanting to kick me out of the house and getting some alone time for herself."

"Well I can't help you in the field of herbs and alchemy, both are outside of my field of expertise," Kei said, "But, not to brag or anything, I can cook some pretty mean Omelets."

"Good good," Kei said, "That's real reassuring to hear. It seems that this generation in particular has been growing to become a really odd bunch. Honestly, I don't know what to expect anymore."

Condition: Fine

Back to top Go down
Yoki
Yoki

Character Description

Newcomer {Kei} Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newcomer {Kei}   Newcomer {Kei} EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 6:45 am

Cleanse Your Spirit

As a cover up?" Yoki laughed lightly. "Ah, but I'd understand why they'd want that. They think I'm very... what's the word." Yoki tapped her chin as she thought. "Ah! Reserved. They think I won't learn anything new from staying cooped up inside the village. Ah, but that's not true, I mean, I've learned so much from them." She paid for her vegetables and the man handed over the sack.

"Besides, I do like it here."

"Omelet? To be honest, I'm actually used to making warmer foods, since you know, it's really cold down south. Probably why I'm making stew. We can exchange recipes if you want." Yoki suggested, glad that this stranger shared her interest in the kitchen.

"Ah, well I'm glad you aren't weird either."

Mood:  Chatty  Condition: Normal
Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

Newcomer {Kei} Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newcomer {Kei}   Newcomer {Kei} EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 7:39 am

Kei

Kei took the sack without complaint. Afterall, why would he complain when he was about to get a completely free meal?
"I know that I personally would've left the Water Village long ago, the cold is terrible," Kei said, shaking his head, "Seriously, I don't understand how you people can deal with it."

"I guess this area is alright," Kei replied, "I mean the food isn't best, the people aren't the friendliest, but the weather is nice. Though that's not enough reason for me to live here." Upon realizing that the girl probably didn't understand what he meant, Kei added, "I'm here temporarily on some job actually."

"I don't know," Kei said in a serious tone to hide that he was actually joking around, "My recipes are the results of thousands of years of omelet making and is a very ancient secret. People have died trying to steal these secrets."

"Well I don't mean to sound paranoid or anything, but it's the people who aren't weird you should be afraid of. You don't expect them of doing anything weird and they can completely catch you by surprise..."

Back to top Go down
Yoki
Yoki

Character Description

Newcomer {Kei} Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newcomer {Kei}   Newcomer {Kei} EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 6:09 am

Cleanse Your Spirit

Oh, I actually like the cold a lot better." Judging by his appearance and the way he didn't like the cold, Yoki probably could have guessed that he was probably a native of the fire nation or just seemed slightly not from the earth kingdom. He definitely wasn't a water bender. Yoki knew that much. "I don't think I could survive here long. I love the cold too much."

"Well, I haven't ventured into the main city." She said with a soft smile. "Well people have been decent, and well, I guess I find the food to be exotic. But then again, that's really just me." Yoki said laughing. "Where are you from then?" Yoki asked, tilting her head.

"I will protect your omelet secrets with my life." Yoki said, her tone half-serious. She wasn't very good at masking her emotions, and though she was shy, it wasn't like she couldn't hold a conversation. Plus, the man didn't seem like he wanted to attack her.

"I suppose you're right." Yoki nodded in agreement. "You can't be too trustworthy, I suppose. By the way, I'm Yoki." She said, realizing that she never really introduced herself.

Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

Newcomer {Kei} Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newcomer {Kei}   Newcomer {Kei} EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 7:57 pm

Kei

"Really?" Kei asked, "The cold is way too depressing. Your people are really weird to enjoy such a thing."

"I live in the Fire Nation Capital, which in my opinion," Kei said, "Is probably the best city on this planet."
Kei scratched his head and added, "Well, I guess my opinions a bit biased, I live there after all."

Kei pretended to inspect Yoki after she would protect the secrets with her life.
Then casually, Kei said, "That's not really convincing you know."

"Nice to meet you, I'm Kei, Jack-Of-All Trades. Now seriously," Kei asked with a growling stomach, "When are going to go eat?"

Back to top Go down
Yoki
Yoki

Character Description

Newcomer {Kei} Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newcomer {Kei}   Newcomer {Kei} EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 6:57 am

Cleanse Your Spirit

Weird?” Yoki laughed. “I think your people are weird for enjoying the heat. It burns. Literally.” Yoki said with a small smile. “Then again, it might just be because I’m a water bender. And judging by the things you say, I’m guessing you’re a fire bender.” Yoki smiled. “In that case, we can agree to disagree.

To be honest, I’ve never been there.” Yoki said, scratching her head. “Buuuuut, if it’s anything like this place, I might have to pass. The heat hurts me enough here.” She said, rubbing her arms. “Maybe it’s culture shock, but I should consider moving up north. I hear it’s better there.” She was thinking aloud.

Ah!” She giggled when he said she didn’t sound too convincing. “Well, maybe you should convince me that your omelet secrets are actually secrets.” She stuck her tongue out.

Oh, my place isn’t too far from here, actually.” She said. “Follow me.”She would then lead him to an earthy colored building a few streets from the market. It was a local inn where she was staying.

Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

Newcomer {Kei} Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newcomer {Kei}   Newcomer {Kei} EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 4:14 am

Kei

"To be fair," Kei said, "I'm not really much of a fan of the heat either. If I had it my way, I would just stay in my nice cozy apartment on a rainy day when it is neither hot or cold, just cool."

"Actually the Fire Nation Capital has the best gambling spots. That's what originally pulled me to live their." Kei then added, "As for going North, I don't what that would be like. I hear food is expensive there."

"Well do you know that the Ingredients?" Kei inquired jokingly, then to prove his point added, "Exactly."

Kei followed Yoki and told her, "I would tell you no rush, but I'm extremely hungry."

Back to top Go down
Yoki
Yoki

Character Description

Newcomer {Kei} Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newcomer {Kei}   Newcomer {Kei} EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 8:48 am

Cleanse Your Spirit

" To be honest, I'm not really sure about the living conditions there." She admitted, scratching her head. "I'll consider that for my next travel. I'll definitely have money to spend if I started saving up now. Maybe I should consider going to more grocery sales." She laughed as they walked.

"Well, fine." She rolled her eyes at him jokingly, admitting to defeat. She didn't want to press the issue of his omelet secrets any longer.

"Well, we are here." She told him as she led him inside. The room was quiet looking, with earth colored walls and plain accents. It wasn't like she was going to decorate it for the two weeks stay she was there. It looked comfortable, at the very least. She went to the kitchen and started washing the vegetables before filling up the pot with water and lighting a match underneath a cooker so that she could boil it. Stew was a water tribe staple and was something she can make quickly. "Just make yourself at home, I won't take long. " She told him.

Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

Newcomer {Kei} Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newcomer {Kei}   Newcomer {Kei} EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 1:21 am

Kei

"Alright, thanks," Kei said as Yoki offered him to make himself at home. Kei fully intended to do that. Kei followed Yoki into the kitchen and opened the some of the cabinets, looking for a snack of some sort. Kei ended up settling on some cheese, bread, and milk.

Looking over Yoki's shoulder, eating his snack, Kei said, "You do know how to cook right? A lot of people usually say they can, but it's usually only because they think it'll make them look better. In the end, the food and their image ends up ruined. Honesty is important and it's better if only one's image is ruined, not the food as well."

It's not that Kei doubted Yoki's skill or anything, but teenagers tended to exaggerate their own skills. Kei was just making sure for his own good that nothing bad would happen.

Back to top Go down
Yoki
Yoki

Character Description

Newcomer {Kei} Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newcomer {Kei}   Newcomer {Kei} EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 12:27 pm

Cleanse Your Spirit

He ended up going through her food and making himself a snack. Yoki giggled a little, delighted by this new fellow. She was used to opening up her home for patients in the past, giving them whatever they needed to get comfortable. She was surprised that the man she invited over for food wasn't the least bit shy about it. And well, he did say he was hungry.

It didn't take her too long to do the noodles, and the rest of the ingredients just needed peeling and being dumped in the pot. Since there were only two of them, she made the servings enough for five bowls since she didn't eat that much and Kei might want to get seconds... or thirds. She had put in the carrots, the potatoes, broccoli, and sliced mushrooms. She would then season it with salt and ground pepper. It would take a few minutes for everything to boil and settle. "I think I know what I'm doing. I used to cook a lot at home." She laughed. He probably didn't believe her. "A lot more than omelets too, I'll have you know." She may have been young, but she definitely wasn't incapable.

In the mean time she would make a sauce to go with it just in case he wanted it to be spicier. She would mix soy sauce, oyster sauce, and some pieces of ground chilli pepper. "I figured, coming from the fire nation, you might like spicy food." She would then put the sauce on the table. "Just give it a minute, the pot's almost ready to be served."
Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

Newcomer {Kei} Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newcomer {Kei}   Newcomer {Kei} EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 5:44 am

Kei

"Just making sure," Kei told Yoki, "No one likes a cook who can't cook. It's like ice cream without the cream. It's hard, has no flavor, and hurts when you bite down."

"No no no," Kei quickly stammered, he wanted to make sure that there would be no hot sauce that I have to deal with, "I'm not really a fan of hot sauce. I never really understood it to tell the truth. All hot sauce does is make your food painful to eat. I don't understand why people would want this. Food is supposed to be a pleasurable thing after all."

Back to top Go down
Yoki
Yoki

Character Description

Newcomer {Kei} Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newcomer {Kei}   Newcomer {Kei} EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 12:39 pm

Cleanse Your Spirit

Really?” She was a bit surprised, seeing how majority of fire nation cuisine was hot. She tried some fire flakes somewhere in the earth kingdom colonies. She scratched her head. “Well, the spice is optional.” She said, setting down the sauce on the table anyways. She liked a little bit of chilli in her stew, she believed it heavily contributed to the flavouring but she could understand why some people wouldn’t like it.

She estimated the time and it seemed like the food was ready, she walked back to the kitchen, poured the stew out of the cooker and into a serving bowl. She would set the table, and come back into the kitchen with the serving bowl. “Well, I hope you like it.” She said, a smile on her face. If there was one thing she did better than medicine making, it was home cooking.

Would you like anything to drink? Water? Tea? Dragonfruit juice?
Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

Character Description

Newcomer {Kei} Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newcomer {Kei}   Newcomer {Kei} EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 5:46 am

Kei

"Yea," Kei said, "I'm more of a sweets kind of guy. If anything, I'd sooner put sugar on all of my food then chili sauce."

Upon receiving the food, Kei quickly chugged the stew down. It was good and on an empty stomach like he currently was, it was even better. In what was easily less than a minute, Kei finished his current bowl and said, "Yup. You were definitely not lying when you said you were good at cooking. Seconds?" He asked.

"You wouldn't happen to have strawberry milk now would you?" Kei replied when offered a drink.

Mood: Casual

Back to top Go down
Yoki
Yoki

Character Description

Newcomer {Kei} Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newcomer {Kei}   Newcomer {Kei} EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 9:09 am

Cleanse Your Spirit

She laughed as he said he’d rather put sugar on his food than chili. “That’s pretty interesting. I’ll keep that in mind.” She told him as they ate. He had finished a lot faster than her, and she poured him a second bowl. Perhaps she should’ve made more food although it was unlikely for her to eat a second serving since she didn’t actually eat that much. Yoki had a small appetite and enjoyed cooking more for other people than she did herself.

Thanks.” She blushed when he complimented her cooking and continued to eat until he asked her if she had any strawberry milk. Yoki got up from where she was sitting. She had milk,but it wasn’t strawberry. “I”ll be right back.” She said as she went to the kitchen.

She did have strawberry preserves in small intricate glass jars. She crushed the strawberries and stirred them into the milk and added sugar. She tasted it, making sure it was sweet enough to be good, yet at the same time balanced. A lot of drinks were far too sugary and although Kei may have preferred that, she, being a person of medicine and health, would rather the people she feed remain healthy.

She walked back to the table. “Here you go.” She told him with a small smile.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Newcomer {Kei} Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newcomer {Kei}   Newcomer {Kei} Empty

Back to top Go down

Newcomer {Kei}
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP :: Earth Kingdom :: Seedy Merchants Pier-
Jump to: