The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

An Ancient Mystery

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

EXP : 11135
Birthday : 1992-06-29

Character Description
Position: Fire Lord
Nation: Fire Nation

An Ancient Mystery Empty
PostSubject: An Ancient Mystery   An Ancient Mystery EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 5:47 am

Tarek Raiden

Evening fell upon the Fire Nation capital, and a spectacular sunset was the backdrop to the end of a wonderful day. Tarek was reclining upon the Fire Nation Palace balcony with none other than his darling wife Sanaki. She loved the sunsets as much as he did, being able to sense the vivid heat and brightness of the sun as light scattered through the clouds. Bright reds, yellows, and oranges illuminated the sky in an utterly breathtaking way, and a warm breeze pleasantly wisped about. Tarek held his wife tightly and lovingly softly kissing her head as they enjoyed the view.

It wasn’t long before Tarek’s keen eyes picked up movement in the distance. The small figure flew gracefully in their direction, soon revealing a female airbender as she got closer. “Looks like we are going to have visitor,” He whispered to his wife, still holding her lovingly in his embrace. Curious to see what this airbender’s intentions were.

Mood: Happy
Condition: Healthy

Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

EXP : 8580
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Master Air Warrior
Nation: Air Temples

An Ancient Mystery Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Ancient Mystery   An Ancient Mystery EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 2:08 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

Sanaki enjoyed the beauty of the setting sun, using her senses to detect the intense heat that came from the sun. Odd as it might have been, Sanaki's non-functioning eyes were drawn towards the sun. They never worked anyways, so it wasn't like she feared going blind when she already was... and yet, she functioned so remarkably well without vision, that it was easy to forget the Fire Lady was in fact, a blind woman.

And yet, she was keen. She didn't even need Tarek to tell that the approaching concentration of heat was an airbender--a female one, no less.
"I wonder what she wants..." Sanaki turned to her husband. She didn't think the woman was hostile. She was flying much too obviously and in sight for that.

----

Xilingshi landed with a rather expert sense of grace on the balcony in front of the Firelord and lady, twirling her glider deftly in her gloved hand before her bare feet soundlessly touched the ground. Now that she was so close, it was clear who this was--this was Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki: the closest thing the current Air Nomad society had to an actual leader. They did see much more informally governed nowadays, returning to their more nomadic roots. Because of this, these orange-clad airbenders were usually seen almost everywhere at one point or another.

"Lord Tarek," Xilingshi gave a respectful gesture that two equals would give (for this was essentially the leader of the Fire Nation and the leader of the Air Nomads meeting), "Lady Sanaki," she repeated the motion for her before turning back to the former or the two. "I have matters of great import which I must speak to you on. If now is not a good time I can return later, although I do feel this is a very urgent and sensitive matter." The woman's speech was very formal, despite her more rugged attire. Then again, her clothing was reminiscent of what most of the Tekina-Kaze wore, as well as a great majority of female airbenders. Moreover, she knew the exact way of bowing to greet the Fire Lord. Those who knew Xili knew she had strong personal ties to the Fire Nation, after all.
Mood: Slightly Concerned
Condition: Perfect
Link: Xilingshi

Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

Character Description

An Ancient Mystery Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Ancient Mystery   An Ancient Mystery EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 5:54 am

Tarek Raiden

Tarek looked at Sanaki.  “I am not sure; it’s an airbender that’s for sure, a female if I make out correctly.  Doesn’t look like she wants trouble though… ” He said as he softly lifted Sanaki and gently sat her on her chair while he stood to meet the visitor.  As she landed he instantly recognized her, they had not yet met, but as the Firelord he knew of Xilingshi, the closest thing to a leader the Air Nomads had as well as the person responsible for driving away Firelord Novai during the legendary battle of the Western Air Temple.

Tarek bowed in response to her greeting. “A pleasure to finally meet you Xilingshi,” he said courteously.  He smiled at her warmly; she was exactly what he had imagined, strong and independent.  “You have our full attention,” he said warmly, “and please it is just Tarek.  You showed great strength and courage against my predecessor Novai, who acted without honor and ruled without wisdom… the Fire Nation has wronged your nation countless times, and I intend to correct that.” He said sincerely.

Tarek gestured for Xi to sit across from him.  “So, what brings you to the Fire Nation on this fine evening?” he asked with a smile, sitting down himself and taking his wife’s hand in his.

Mood:  Calm

Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

An Ancient Mystery Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Ancient Mystery   An Ancient Mystery EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 12:55 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

Sanaki sat quietly, crossing her legs understandingly as Tarek set her down and got up to speak to the female airbender that had just landed in front of them.
It was true that Xilingshi's reputation often preceded her, and usually in a good way. While she dressed humbly and modestly, she was in truths, a decorated warrior and a beloved leader among the Air Nomad society.

Xilingshi nodded understandingly. "I understand. If there is anything I have learned from Queen Meili, it is that it is wrong to blame one ruler for the actions of her predecessor..." remembering how Fire Lord Novai had stupidly tried to pin the blame on Meili for the actions of King Lei. Needless to say, it had not gone over well for either of them.
"but I digress. This is not a matter of peace or war this time, although I would like to offer you reassurance in affirming that I keep ties to the Fire Nation considering my own roots." it was not common knowledge, but Xilingshi was actually a Fire Nation native herself.

"Anyways... I stumbled upon a most curious amulet while in the Sun Warrior City..." she nodded, "it seems to amplify one's bending power... I knew that if anyone could keep it secret and keep it safe, that you could." She reached into her shirt and pulled out the amulet, holding it in her hand.
"Actually... let us go inside, if we could. I do not feel it safe to discuss these things out here..."

Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

Character Description

An Ancient Mystery Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Ancient Mystery   An Ancient Mystery EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 10:16 pm

Tarek Raiden

When Xilingshi pulled out the amulet, Tarek’s eyes immediately widened.  He gave Xilingshi a quick nod when she requested going inside.  “Yes I agree, follow me…” he said, before turning to Sanaki and putting his hand on her shoulder. “I’ll be back soon sweetie,” he told her before leading Xilingshi to his study.  

When they were inside his study, Tarek offered Xilingshi a seat.  “We are safe in here,” he assured her.  “Put it on my desk please,” he requested, “I need to examine it.”  

Tarek stared at the amulet for a few minutes in deep thought.  Worry creased his brow as he finally spoke up.  “Tell me everything…where did you find this?”  He asked, having suspicions of his own, but deciding to gather all the facts first.  

Mood:  Worried

Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

An Ancient Mystery Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Ancient Mystery   An Ancient Mystery EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 1:14 am

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

Sanaki nodded acknolwedgingly and placed an understanding hand on Tarek's shoulder before he disappeared inside with Xilingshi. The wild and somewhat attractive airbender followed Tarek into the study with the amulet in hand. She could feel her own energy coursing through her with this artifact in her hands.

Without a word, Xilingshi set the amulet on Tarek's desk, feeling that dangerous surge of energy disappear from her, and almost a sense of relief in the process. When Tarek asked about it, Xilingshi spared no detail, mentioning the exact location in the Sun Warrior ruins that they had located it, including what the surrounding area had looked like. She did leave out Ryuu, not wanting to bring up that he had wanted to sell it. There was no need to label him as dangerous--just a bit slow when it came to some important matters.

"and that's the story," she concluded, "and so I figured that when my own spiritual knowledge fell short, that you were the best one to come to. You know me--my ties to the Fire Nation wouldn't go away even if I wanted them to." she chuckled sheepishly.

Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

Character Description

An Ancient Mystery Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Ancient Mystery   An Ancient Mystery EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 1:39 pm

Tarek Raiden

Tarek stared at the amulet on the table as Xilingshi told him the tale of how it had come into her possession.  Based on the design, and Xilingshi’s caution concerning it, Tarek suspected it to be the Amulet of an ancient firebender named Tsun, but he had to be sure.  He reached out and slowly lowered his hand onto the amulet.  Suddenly and without warning Tarek’s eyes flashed a bright orange color, almost looking like two flames shot out of them, as he lurched in his seat.  He immediately let go of the amulet, breaking its strange effect.  “This…is the Amulet of Tsun,” panted Tarek, sounding like he had just run a marathon.  “An ancient and very powerful relic, made by an ancient and wise Sun Warrior Shaman when the world was still young….it was forged within this very volcano from a shard of what we know as Sozin’s Comet…” he continued.

He leaned back in his chair, taking a deep breath before he continued.  “You were wise to bring it to me Xilingshi, I know you have a heritage in the Fire Nation, but most airbenders would not bring this amulet within a thousand leagues of the Fire Lord,” he said giving Xilingshi a smile, “I cannot keep this for safekeeping even if I wanted to…it is too dangerous…for I would be tempted to use the amulet for good, but through me the potential for it to be misused would be too great…absolute power corrupts…” he continued, using a cloth to wrap the amulet up and slide it over to Xilingshi.  “You must hide it Xilingshi, the air temples are the most remote places on earth and the most peaceful…I trust you will do the right thing and keep it safe.”  He continued, hoping Xilingshi would not ask to destroy it.  The scholar in Tarek would hate to see such a piece of history wiped out.  Besides, he felt that this amulet had a purpose to play in the future, but for what end he did not know.  “The Amulet’s energy can be tracked, but I will enter the spirit world and hide its trail from those who seek it out to misuse it.  If anyone attempts to follow your trail, it will lead them straight to me.  That should ensure that it stays secret and safe.”

Back to top Go down
Xilingshi
Awesome Member
Xilingshi

Character Description

An Ancient Mystery Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Ancient Mystery   An Ancient Mystery EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 8:01 pm

Xilingshi Nailah Zoraki

The effects the amulet had on Tarek were even greater than the ones that she had experienced, which said something, for Xilingshi was easily one of the most powerful airbenders in the world.
"As long as we don't have to try and destroy it in this very selfsame volcano..." she shrugged, shaking her head. "I... can see why such great lengths were taken to ensure that it remained hidden though. We stumbled across it by pure chance..." Indeed they had, with Ryuu being the one to fall in and find it.

Xilingshi nodded. "Any other Firelord and I wouldn't have either." she agreed, "I would have brought it to you regardless of your status. You are wise and powerful and an expert on the spiritual matters."
On the other hand, telling her that he could not keep it safe made the airbender nearly second-guess herself for just a moment. "well... can it be destroyed? *should* it be destroyed? I can keep it safe... I'm more just wondering about the future after I'm gone." Xilingshi was already destructively powerful, possessing the ability to level entire cities from the sky with her brute-force gale winds. If she had wished to do something so game-changing, she would have. The power of the amulet, however, would make her unstoppable. Was that what she wanted?

At hearing Tarek's offer though, that was basically the selling point. "I'll keep it secret and keep it safe then," she declared. "I will take it... I will take the amulet to safety... though I do not know where... I will figure it out sooner or later."
She nodded, and almost smiled as she took the amulet and pocketed it.
"Thank you, Tarek." she nodded, "I am glad you understand the importance of this thing..."

Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

Character Description

An Ancient Mystery Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Ancient Mystery   An Ancient Mystery EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 2:27 am

Tarek Raiden

“I don’t believe in chance, and that is why I know you can keep it safe,” said Tarek with a nod, “the threads of fate interweave into each and every one of our lives, and I think that you were destined to find the amulet,” he continued, his face suddenly turning a bit grim, “something…is stirring in the void…I cannot see it yet, but I can feel it,” he said closing his eyes and frowning.  “it’s like a great darkness is starting to spread.  I have tried to locate its source, but I haven’t gotten anywhere yet.  That is why until we know what we are facing, the amulet must be kept secret…and that is why the task falls to you.  I will help you however I can however, starting with hiding your trail.” He continued standing up.  “But time is of the essence, you need to get the amulet as a far away from me as possible because if anyone has already begun tracking it, it will lead straight to me.  I am sorry our first meeting had to be under these dark tiding… I hope to see you very soon though, under better circumstances.”  He said with a kind smile and respectful bow.    

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

An Ancient Mystery Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Ancient Mystery   An Ancient Mystery Empty

Back to top Go down

An Ancient Mystery
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP :: Fire Nation :: Fire Nation Capital-
Jump to: