The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Writing Contest: AUs

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

EXP : 12560

Character Description
Position: Story Collector
Nation: Water Tribes

Writing Contest: AUs Empty
PostSubject: Writing Contest: AUs   Writing Contest: AUs EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 3:05 pm

~*~*~*~
Hey everyone ~ !

So, I was wondering if there would be any interest in a site-wide writing contest? We've all gotten a feel for character development, through RP, and sometimes it's interesting to see how your character would translate into another timeline, or universe, or what-have-you!

AU is a term coined by fanfiction writers that stands for "alternate universe", the full and complete description of which can be found HERE.

The judging could easily be done by everyone, via a poll allowing us to vote for our favorite entry. A prize would also have to be decided upon, for the winner, but I'd love to see what everyone came up with!

Let me know what you think!

- Jurishe <3

Last edited by Jurishe on Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Youta
Youta

EXP : 2400

Character Description
Position: Traveller
Nation: Fire Nation

PostSubject: Re: Writing Contest: AUs   Writing Contest: AUs EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 3:29 pm

Writing Contest: AUs 2060390-i_like_it
Back to top Go down
Meili
Superb Member
Meili

EXP : 43135
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Earth Queen
Nation: Earth Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Writing Contest: AUs   Writing Contest: AUs EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 7:42 pm

I think that is actually what is called a Crossover.

AU/Alternate Universe is when you change canon events. (NC is an Alternate Universe, for example, where the events of The Legend of Korra never happened, and the Avatar was born a woman named Zulera Razz )

otherwise, I'm interested in it, provided I get enough time to write. xD
Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Writing Contest: AUs   Writing Contest: AUs EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 9:51 pm

Just edited the top post to include a link to the full definition of an AU, since Zul and I were both correct (having given totally different definitions of the term).

And yeah, I figure if we do such a thing, there would be at least four to eight weeks to get a subscription in... Plus we'd have to agree on length requirements/limits, as a group.
Back to top Go down
Kei
Awesome Member
Kei

EXP : 13490

Character Description
Position: Jack Of All Trades
Nation: Fire Nation

PostSubject: Re: Writing Contest: AUs   Writing Contest: AUs EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 12:31 am

I honestly don't see my writing as being competitive against either of yours, but Ill join anyways for lols.

I was thinking about making a stupid yet funny Alternate Universe thread one of these days anyways as well.
Back to top Go down
Daichi
Daichi

EXP : 820

Character Description
Position: Cook
Nation: Air Temples

PostSubject: Re: Writing Contest: AUs   Writing Contest: AUs EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 10:30 pm

Writing Contest: AUs Giphy

I'm digging this
Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Writing Contest: AUs   Writing Contest: AUs EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 4:39 pm

Well, what do you guys think about this, then:

Start Time: September 5th
End Time: December 5th
Limit: one entry per person (not per account)
Length: no more than 3,000 words?
Winner decided by a website-wide poll
(no voting for your own piece/one vote per person)
Prize: ???

The length limit would be more to keep us all from having to read a book-length entry from each person, but I just threw out a decently high number, so if you guys think it's too high or too low, let me know. I also wasn't sure what to make the prize... maybe a $10 digital gift card to iTunes, or something? Let me know your thoughts.

Really, if you disagree with any of this, or want to add to it, just say so. We'd better work it all out now, rather than halfway through the contest, haha.
Back to top Go down
Daichi
Daichi

EXP : 820

Character Description
Position: Cook
Nation: Air Temples

PostSubject: Re: Writing Contest: AUs   Writing Contest: AUs EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 3:05 pm

I would totally do it. For the prize just give my character a bison. xD I'll write it on google docs.
Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Writing Contest: AUs   Writing Contest: AUs EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 4:05 pm

Yeah, I'm not an admin or a moderator, so I don't really have the authority to promise that to you. Haha... Zul would be the one to ask about that sort of thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Writing Contest: AUs   Writing Contest: AUs Empty

Back to top Go down

Writing Contest: AUs
Page 1 of 1