The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Manly Guys Doing Manly Things [Akiyo]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Bolin Ishigawa
Bolin Ishigawa

EXP : 350
Birthday : 1990-04-09

Manly Guys Doing Manly Things [Akiyo] Empty
PostSubject: Manly Guys Doing Manly Things [Akiyo]   Manly Guys Doing Manly Things [Akiyo] EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 4:33 am

Bolin Ishigawa

There were several reasons why Bolin journeyed to the Southern Water Tribe. for one, there was that old witch--the Avatar's mother. She was full of connections, and Bolin liked that about her.
More importantly, it was where his old friend Zhin had been spending a lot of her time, and this curiosity drew him towards it. Sure they were childhood friends, but he didn't think that anything would ever become of their relationship. They were just friends, and Bolin was A-OK with this.

He did notice that she and the Southern Chief were frequently seeing each other though. This interested him, but only out of curiosity, as well as concern for the well-being of his friend. It was not that he didn't trust Akiyo either. He simply was curious as to how things were.

He did wish to get to know the man though. Bolin himself was a friendly enough fellow, and figured that if Zhin liked this individual, that he was a nice enough guy in his own respect as well.
"Zhin's a big girl and can make her own decisions, but does that mean I can't at least meet one of her friends? I'm not playing daddy here. I'm just curious."
He justified himself in this manner as he made arrangements to meet the chief. When the meeting time came, he introduced himself proper.

"Chief Akiyo," he bowed respectfully, "the nature of my visit is a simple one, and you need not be alarmed. I am Bolin Kojiro Ishigawa; a friend of Zhin's, to be exact. Naturally... I've kind of heard about what's going on between the two of you. You're a lucky man." he chuckled, being completely honest here. "I just wanted to get to know the man that she always talks so highly of...how are you?"

he was to-the-point, but that was how earthbenders were, a lot of the time. They would just tackle a problem or situation head-on and deal with it accordingly. Hopefully he didn't weird Akiyo out by being too forward or something.
Mood: Calm
Condition: Healthy
Link:

Back to top Go down
Akiyo
Staff Admin
Akiyo

EXP : 675
Birthday : 1996-03-21

Character Description
Position: Waterbender
Nation: Water Tribes

PostSubject: Re: Manly Guys Doing Manly Things [Akiyo]   Manly Guys Doing Manly Things [Akiyo] EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 12:44 pm

Akiyo Tenshi

Akiyo had had a... strange morning, to say in the least. Even after all this time of being chief, he wasn't used to all of the bowing and humble words and proper mannerisms. Akiyo was a simple man with a simple appreciation of simple things. Simple.

That was how he liked things.

So when he heard of a visitor from the Earth Kingdom wanting to meet with him, he was all too delighted to agree. This was not the formal request of a dignitary of Queen Meili's; so what was the stranger doing in his little 'Tribe?

He preferred meeting in the courtyards near the Chief's Place, as those of the 'Tribe called it. It was more formally known as the Palace, though far from one. It was large with arches and pretty stain-glass windows, the building modeled out of ice, glass, and snow. The effect was rather magnanimous; it was beautiful on the inside as well, and Akiyo appreciated the sheer bending skill that went into building it.

The courtyards were domed with glass, and as the snow trickled lazily along the air currents outside, Akiyo smiled as the flakes stuck. It was warm, and Akiyo was happy he was in here rather than out there. Fires placed at equal intervals kept the place nice and toasty, and he strayed towards one as he watched the snowfall outside. His thoughts strayed to Zhin and Chiyo, and he began to play with the betrothal band on his left hand.

A guard alerted him to the arrival of the visitor, and Akiyo adjusted the sleeves of his shirt to smooth the wrinkles. It was something he'd gotten into the habit of doing since being appointed Chief, and he wasn't sure why he did it. Maybe he was nervous.

The visitor entered, bowing. Had Akiyo not already known that he was of the Earth Kingdom, he could've gathered that from his appearance. He was a little bit shorter, albeit muscular. Black hair, green eyes, and large hands.

"Chief Akiyo, the nature of my visit is a simple one, and you need not be alarmed. I am Bolin Kojiro Ishigawa; a friend of Zhin's, to be exact. Naturally... I've kind of heard about what's going on between the two of you. You're a lucky man." He said, introducing himself and his purpose. Akiyo smiled at the mention of Zhin.

"Well now, if you've traveled all this way to tell me that, you'll find that your trip was sorely unnecessary. I am all too aware of how the fates have blessed me," he said, playfulness in his tone.

"I just wanted to get to know the man that she always talks so highly of...how are you?" He finished, and Akiyo tilted his head ever so slightly. How was he? Well. It had been some time since he'd had to answer that question.

"A friend of Zhin's, you say? Hm. How did you two happen to meet? As for how I am... well, I am happier than any man should have a right to be." He said honestly, indicating to the guards that they need not stand at the doors. Go home, the gesture said. Go home to your warm beds and your warm wives.

He visibly relaxed as the soldiers disappeared through various doors, settling into a seat near one of the many fires in the vast and simple courtyard. He indicated that should Bolin wish, he could do the same.

Back to top Go down
Bolin Ishigawa
Bolin Ishigawa

PostSubject: Re: Manly Guys Doing Manly Things [Akiyo]   Manly Guys Doing Manly Things [Akiyo] EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 4:07 pm

Bolin Ishigawa

As a man of much manual labor, Bolin admired the handiwork of both himself and of others. It was always interesting to see the architecture of a different culture, and so on his stroll through the tribe as well as the chief's palace itself, Bolin found himself looking this way or that and mentally admiring much of what he saw. the greens and browns that he was so used to were replaced by whites and blues.

He was glad to see that Chief Akiyo was a simpler man who did not care for the formalities. Bolin knew how to put on that type of presentation, but he preferred just being himself.
he chuckled. "I had other reasons for being here; it's a beautiful place, and I was catching up with some old acquaintances. I'm glad that you realize fate's blessings though. Zhin's a sweetheart."
those were in fact his true thoughts about Zhin, but he knew his boundaries and had never really had interest in pursuing anything farther than a friendship with her anyways--especially not anymore.

"Well... Zhin does tend to have that effect on people." he chuckled. "we were childhood friends when we met, and we've sort of just stayed friends ever since. Clearly she's been treating you well if you and she are as happy as you look." he elbowed him playfully, but was not trying to slip in any type of underhanded innuendo or anything.

after the soldiers left, he looked around again just in case, before turning back to Akiyo.
"now... maybe this is none of my business... but how much do you like her? How far do you think your relationship is gonna go?"
He was curious, but would respect secrets. Well... he'd respect Akiyo's secrets. Zhin had not said not to tell anyone her secret, and so there was a high chance Bolin would spill it to Akiyo sooner or alter (especially given that her 'secrets' involved him.)
"not to worry or anything... your secret's safe with me if you do tell... Zhin can sometimes be a little shy herself though..."

a small hint, perhaps, but despite his antics, Bolin was just trying to be a nice guy, and was in no way going to become a 3rd wheel here. Sure he and Zhin were friends, but they had parted ways a while ago and so their visits were much less frequent than in the past.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Akiyo
Staff Admin
Akiyo

EXP : 675
Birthday : 1996-03-21

Character Description
Position: Waterbender
Nation: Water Tribes

PostSubject: Re: Manly Guys Doing Manly Things [Akiyo]   Manly Guys Doing Manly Things [Akiyo] EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 1:50 am

Akiyo Tenshi

Akiyo chuckled at Bolin's mention of Zhin's effect on people. "I'm still not entirely sure that she isn't some sort of witch who had spelled me into talking to her all those months ago. It was almost unnatural, the force with which I was drawn to her..." he said, reminiscing before catching himself. He didn't want to blab on and on about the woman.

Obviously Bolin already knew her, and anything Akiyo said would most likely just reaffirm what the earthbender already knew. Once the soldiers disappeared though, Bolin's demeanor seemed to shift. He looked around the area, then began, slowly at first.

"now... maybe this is none of my business... but how much do you like her? How far do you think your relationship is gonna go?" He asked, obviously curious. He then reassured that Akiyo's secrets were safe within his possession.

"It is not often that I keep secrets; what I say and think are usually of public knowledge. If it is your desire to share the contents of our discussion, do so. If not, then do not. I do not care either way.

"As for the extent of this relationship... well, I want to marry her. I want her to become a part of the rest of my life, for however long that may be. I want her to become mother to my future children, and a guide for my current child. I want what every man wants of a woman he loves. To be loved in return."
he responded. Not a moment passed between sentences; he didn't hesitate, and he didn't need time to think. This was a man who was merely sharing what he already knew.

Akiyo found Bolin a bit intriguing, and he grinned at the fellow. "What of you? Have you a wife, any kids? You seem like someone women would take to." He joked; Bolin certainly did have the air of a charmer about him.

Back to top Go down
Bolin Ishigawa
Bolin Ishigawa

PostSubject: Re: Manly Guys Doing Manly Things [Akiyo]   Manly Guys Doing Manly Things [Akiyo] EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 2:22 am

Bolin Ishigawa

Bolin cracked a laugh. "I am pretty sure she is. She used to dance naked under the moonlight while wailing in a strange language a couple years back. She hasn't done that since yesterday though, I believe."
he was laughing and his tone was merry, clearly indicating that he was making all of that up.
"She does have a confident and yet humble demeanor to her though," he said on a more serious/sincere note, "but the fact that you've charmed her means that she thinks she's found a keeper." he waggled his eyebrows, indicating at the very least, that Zhin did indeed like Akiyo in return.

"well, I am not exactly the type to go blabbing secrets jut for the heck of it. If I think it is important for someone to know something, I'll say it; otherwise, what happens between people doesn't need to become internationally broadcasted, y'know?"
That was how and why he had told Akiyo a little about Zhin's return feelings for him (even if Akiyo already knew them). Bolin simply felt that it would be good for him to know.

For a moment, Bolin stood in silence as he listened to what could only really be described as Akiyo pouring his feelings out. Now, Bolin was a man and men weren't exactly the gushy romantic-feelings-y type of people most of the time, but a good gentleman knew sincerity when he saw it, and found it touching. Bolin was a gentleman.

taking a quieter tone, he nodded.
"I've got hardly a reason to doubt that she feels the same way. You remind me of her, in a way... friendly, down-to-earth... a person of simple pleasures... no wonder she's head-over-heels for you. in this case... I wish you luck--not that I think you'll need it... but more like... well, more like I wish for the best for you two. It sounds quite wonderfully like a nice little happily-ever-after."

"myself?" he answered his question, "I'm still on my own... a drifter, so to speak... not shallow... just... haven't found the right gal yet." he nodded. Zhin was more like a sister to him than a friend, which may have been why their relationship had not gone any farther than it had over the last many years.  Bolin's tone was calm and cool; he didn't sound like he was longing for company. Sure he would enjoy it should he find a person to love and to be with, but he was in no hurry. Besides, it made him happy to know that Zhin was happy with who she had found, and that the man she had found was very happy with her.
Mood: A Tad Bit Emotional
Link:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Manly Guys Doing Manly Things [Akiyo]   Manly Guys Doing Manly Things [Akiyo] Empty

Back to top Go down

Manly Guys Doing Manly Things [Akiyo]
Page 1 of 1