The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete)   Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 4:35 pm

Koeten Tarea

He brings his staff up and spins it at an inhumanly possible speed causing a whirlwind of Air snuffing out the flames about 5 feet in front of him as it chokes the air out of it. He then taps the staff on the ground and the tail fin on it comes open revealing it to be a large fan at the end of the staff. He swings the staff sending a shock wave of air at her so strong that if it hit it would send her flying back into the rock face of the wall. "The Firelord is supposed to show up today."

Mood: Chipper
Condition: Perfectly Healthy

>

Last edited by Koeten on Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete)   Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 6:58 pm

She's already running towards him at a low crouch as she sees her charge of fire snuff out. She's never fought against an airbender before and watches as he swings the staff again, the air shifting as she hears something like whistling rapidly becoming louder. She unconciously kicks up with her foot on the ground as the force hits her, pushing her backwards. Her training kicks in and she concentrates on softening her body, letting all the muscles and tendons go slack as her body flies back.

She focuses on letting all the air in her lungs out evenly, the impact finishing the job as she makes contact with the stone wall. She hears a crack as something in her daypack, still strapped onto her back, breaks. She leans against the wall, her feet steady on the floor as she breathes back in, just as steadily. Her mind on the moment, she doesn't think about the bruises she'll find on her back tomorrow. Breathe, she thinks. One moment, two, then she smiles brightly at him as she shrugs off her pack, unclipping two metal fans from its side. "The Firelord!" Her smile widens and she pushes off the wall, a fan held in each hand. She watches him as she centers herself, the rythmical breathing like a metronome that leads her body into her next dance.

She runs at him, punching small bursts of fire towards his torso and knees, then suddenly drops, one closed fist on the ground as she spin kicks a longer trail of fire at him, springing up at the end of the kick, running towards his left. If she's made it this far, she would spin her body in the air, counterclockwise, flipping open the fan in her left hand, cutting a narrow blade of fire about ten feet long back towards him, landing in her original stance, facing him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete)   Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 7:24 pm

Koeten Tarea

Koeten sucks in a very deep breath and as the fire reaches within 3 feet of him he releases blowing out a blast of air that is hurricane strength. Dissipating the fire blasts and he looks to his left seeing that she vaulted herself into the air. He drops his large staff and surrounds his hands in tempests of air. As the fire comes to him he blocks it with his hands making a wall of air between him and the fire. As it blocks the 10 foot long wave of fire it eats it up before he throws his hand in a circular motion around his head with his let hand still extended ad he blows out air from his mouth as he puts his right hand next to his left sending a 3 foot circular beam of air towards her as she lands. Very nicely done Mei, you are quite the acrobat and Fire Bender.

>

Last edited by Koeten on Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete)   Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 8:09 pm

She feels a foot touch the ground as she watches him, her body facing him. The arc of fire is already gone and she breathes out, dropping to the ground, rolling away. She stops her roll a few yards away, and stands up quickly. "Very nicely done Mei, you are quite the acrobat and Fire Bender."

She snaps her fans shut, and bows, then looks up, face flushed. "Thank you, Air Councilman." Her breath is still even, and controlled, but shallower then when they started. "I don't know how much more I can do. This was taxing, but I hope I represented my people well."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete)   Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 10:06 pm

Koeten Tarea

He smiles at her taking her looks in for a second then speaks: "You have already represented your nation admirably
Mei I promise you that. But I don't want an official guide, I want a pretty local woman to show me around and all the best beaches."
He throws her a sly wink and picks his hat and pink kimono up and puts them on. " So do YOU have anywhere specifically you would want to see in the temple?"

>
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete)   Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 10:26 pm

I, I came to see the carvings of beasts larger then me, so I could decide if they were real. I.. I thought if the carvings were good enough it could answer my question.
She speaks mostly evenly, nodding at his waist.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete)   Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 10:39 pm

Koeten Tarea

He nods listening to her words, noticing her rigid and proper nature wondering to himself how long it will last. “You must be talking about the Air Bison, they were sacred to us for the longest time but then the fire nation wiped them out. They were giant indeed standing 15-20 feet tall.” The blue arrow tattoos not visible to her on his body were a testament to the heritage of the air bison. He finally snaps his hat strings together looking down at her motioning her towards him.” It’s almost dinner time. Something tells me the firelord cancelled today however. “

>
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete)   Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 10:49 pm

Mei Jen

Listens, and drops her chin as he accuses her nation of animal extermination. She breathes, and looks up, rolling her neck quickly if he's not looking. "Is there somewhere I can wash up, Air Councilor? And... thank you for sparring with me." She grabs her pack, then runs up next to him, and smiles up.
Mood: Happy
Condition: Physically tired

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete)   Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 10:59 pm

Koeten Tarea

He smiles down making mental note that he had forgotten how nationally proud fire nation people are. He bops his staff on the ground and the wings and tail pops out again."Hold on tight. He tosses his glider out and takes her with him as he jumps off and grabs the handles and the fly fast to the cafeteria area. They arrive with many other air benders who are gliding in. Some give odd looks to the pair when they land and she un hinges herself from him.

>
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete)   Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 11:06 pm

HTML>

Mei Jen

Stepping away from him after they glide again, she looks up fast. "You go so fast, do you ever crash?" She looks around, and quiets as silent eyes fall on them. She stands normally, relaxing as they seem to be quickly forgotten.
Mood: Happy
Condition: Healthy

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete)   Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 11:22 pm

Koeten Tarea

He face palms looking back from where they came from and then sighs."I used to crash all the time when I was younger, it was only later that I found out that crashing wasnt what my parents were aiming to teach me. But enough about my mistakes as a kid, let us enjoy the excellent dinner Piatoh has made for us." As he says the cooks name he points to the woman at the head of the serving area with long braided black hair. He then leads her to a table of the other 3 council members in charge of the temples political and civil matters. and Introduces them in kind awaiting to be served.

>
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete)   Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 11:31 pm

HTML>

Mei Jen

Works through the introductions, mostly nodding, then half-falls on her chair as Koeten tries to seat her. If he tried to right her, she would fumble into her chair, sitting stoically, willing her cheeks to a normal color as she smiled pleasantly at the others at the table.

Mood: Nervous
Condition: Breath Meditation

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete)   Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 11:51 pm

Koeten Tarea

He does indeed help her into her chair. They make it through the dinner without embarrassing the poor woman any further. As they are leaving he leads her to the visitors quarter which s humbly furnished. He opens the fabric over the door for her. "I hope you will accept our visitor room for tonight at least. We can begin travel tomorrow after breakfast if that is okay."

>
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete)   Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 11:57 pm

She steps past the curtain and turns and gives him a bow, then smiles up. "Absolutely, Air Councilman. You wll enjoy the island. " Concern over her conduct preoccupies her mind, and she moves back so he can drop the fabric.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete)   Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 12:00 am

((this thread is done and complete ))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete)   Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Restoring a Heritage not forgotten (Complete)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2