The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Footsteps Of Fate

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Kazma
Kazma

EXP : 750

Footsteps Of Fate - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Footsteps Of Fate   Footsteps Of Fate - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 10:18 pm

Kazma Ikezawa

Kazma still fought off his hand. He could still"My lies. If there are any, are the master of the Fang's. I stated I was but a messenger of death. The innocent today I take heavily upon due to the actions of my men and failure of myself to protect them. You were the one who redirected the attack though, and you can not deny that. I was here to ask you of my mans body though. You had taken the day and I will bring no harm to you. But than we listened.

Kazma forced his right arm back. He'd not stain this day with anymore red. He pulled back his arms and marched right up to meet Zulera face to face. "I am a mercenary and I ply my trade in service to the Fang for coin. But that is our concept. You though, are the Avatar! I was alive when Aang still walked this world". Kazma paused a few seconds. He did not want his emotions to get out of hand again. He pulled back from the Avatar as well. Wanting space. "I was nine years old when he passed. But I remember him as the living legend he was. He had failing like anyone as you may know. But he kept on trying to keep the balance between the nations, and the spirit world. I judge you as a living man of this world. Your predecessors are which I derive judgement from. This girl here is testament that you have failed, well, not yet. But have slacked in your duties to keep the balance between the physical, and spirit worlds. Dark Spirits are not meant to tread here. And as you continue to do so the situation becomes more dire. There are those who believe you will cause this world to end. And that is why they have called the Black Fang down upon you. They will raise the new Avatar to be like the old one I guess".

Kazma sat down at the edge of a booth seat. Feeling the strain on his body. The few others in the restaurant were all stiff as boards and quieter than rocks "Maybe we're sailing Serpents Pass without a paddle already though. You're probably the only one who can change course. I'm just a sell sword who's said more than he should". Kazma pointed to his men to just take it easy right now. "This doesn't change anything though, between us. Unless you want to right things".

Mood: Lota Emotion
Condition: Meh
Link:

Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

EXP : 20825
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Avatar
Nation: Water Tribes

PostSubject: Re: Footsteps Of Fate   Footsteps Of Fate - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 10:50 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Zulera shook her head. "then your master is a fool who is more corrupt than the Firelord Novai, instigator of the war." she replied. Someone who was dismissing the good Zulera had done and only focused on the bad. She owed nothing to these people. She saw no reason why she should dedicate her life to their well-being. "as for your man... I know nothing of where he went, for I did not see him when I returned to the site of the wreckage." she shrugged, although her confession was based on honesty.

even with as close to her face as he got, Zulera was unfazed. "I do not compare myself to others." she responded. "In doing so, I would only insult myself.I answer to one person and one person alone; for she is my voice of authority, and it is her work which I am continuing."
It was rare for Zulera to admit this, but there was only one woman with the skill and cunning that could get the Avatar on strings. She was not about to share this woman's name though for it was not necessary.
"Even if her scary dreams are a real issue," she countered, "I am only human, and I can only be in one place at once, despite how it may seem that I am everywhere at once. That is simply called the Zulera Effect. If I cause this world to end, then it will be a new experience for all of us, would it not? There is only so long before a problem comes to my front door if it is a legitimate threat. However, I am not an errand-boy."

"There are few who understand spirits in this world. The one I serve does understand them quite well, however, and has since taught me that they are fickle creatures that are sometimes difficult to please and often easy to displease. The Foggy Swamps are teeming with these sorts of things. Most of my abilities, including those involving the spirits, are not exclusive. They are rare, particularly to those who allow themselves to be blinded by misguided ideals..." yes, she said this on purpose, and was giving a direct shoutout to the Fang Mercenaries "who have little chance of seeing or ever comprehending the ways of spirits."

she took another calm drink.
"so tell me," she continued, "What is being an Avatar? Is it to defeat all those who oppose you? Is this what you believe the Avatar to be--a mighty arm to strike down your enemies? My power is nothing. the Avatar's true strength lies within the world itself."

Zulera was a very unorthodox creature. She might not have taken her job seriously, but she was very familiar with a lot of the things it entailed, and was still very smart.
Mood: Mmm...
Condition: Perfect
Link: Zulera

Back to top Go down
Kazma
Kazma

EXP : 750

PostSubject: Re: Footsteps Of Fate   Footsteps Of Fate - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 2:50 pm

Kazma Ikezawa

Kazma rubbed his chin as she returned fire. He did this until she finished, glancing at the Firebender girl occasionally. "We're just mercenaries Zulera. We've no interest in the spirits, we're hired to kill. Maybe you should think deeply of that. And what else I've said. I thank you though for telling me of my comrade. It has been interesting to talk to you. I shall see you in battle again I'm sure. Good day; Zulera". Kazma stood up from the booth seat and placed a hand on Mieko's shoulder. "You have my sincerest sympathies for your condition". Kazma withdrew his hand and turned away. He waived for his men to join him in departing. There was nothing to go on to find the body, it was likely gone forever. The mans spirit will never rest. That was a hatchet now in need of burying. The Avatar... no, that is Zulera is still on the list. The Black Fang will carry out the contract.

Mood: Displeased
Condition: Sturdy
Link:

Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Footsteps Of Fate   Footsteps Of Fate - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 4:51 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

"And I am only human." she retorted. "I have no interest in making the world's problems become my problems unless it is absolutely necessary. I have limitations of my own, as you should surely understand. I wish you luck in finding of your comrade, however, and am as curious as you are as to what could have happened."

This was not mockery, but honest curiosity. Zulera was not one to defile a body--she had not even done so to the Tyrant Novai--she had simply executed him according to the law and been through with it. She wondered who would have taken the mercenary's body, and what they wished to accomplish with it... unless he was just critically injured instead of dead. he would have had plenty of time to move if he were able. But, no matter. Zulera could not undo these things either way.

she raised her hand to about eye level, with her thumb and first two fingers out, and she flicked it, sort of like a wave. "till we meet again, mercenary."
as he left, Zulera sat back down to finish her food, acting as if nothing had happened.
Mood: Mmm...

Back to top Go down
Mieko
Mieko

EXP : 1505

Character Description
Position: Traveling Pilgrim
Nation: Fire Nation

PostSubject: Re: Footsteps Of Fate   Footsteps Of Fate - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 7:43 pm

Mieko dropped out a pile of coins onto the counter. They clinked and rolled about in a disorganized fashion. Her shoulder felt numb and she wanted to spill her freshly eaten meal. Her body just wanted to withdrawal. The Avatar wasn't going to help; with nothing to give as enough payment anyways. Mieko would have to figure out something on her own, relying on others so much just got her hurt. "I think it was a mistake talking to you this morning". Her voice was a bit shaky. "I'm going now. Do whatever you do. I'll have to make my own way on my problem". Mieko slid off the stool and grabber her bag from the floor. The cook was wide jawed. Both arms grasped the countertop and he had to hunch to do so. The few other people there were also staring, and had been for quite some time. Mieko walked towards the door. "Maybe I'll see you again someday. Latter".
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Footsteps Of Fate   Footsteps Of Fate - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 8:02 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Meiko's attempts to guilt the Avatar failed spectacularly, to the point where Zulera, once she had resumed eating, didn't even look up until about 90 seconds later.
"The mercen'ry was right about one thing." she mumbled to herself, although still within Mieko's hearing range. "I'm a villain; not a hero. The world pushes us without mercy, and when some push back, the world points and cries, ‘evil’. Such is my story, child..."

Zulera was what she was, and she didn't try to hide it. People could take her at face value, or leave her; it didn't matter a bit to her. She dismissed Mieko's problem as trivial, given the minimal amount of effort and fake tears that had gone into trying to persuade Zulera. if it was a truly desperate cause, Zulera figured she would have persisted a bit more. Those were the battles Zulera remembered fighting the most against her mother in.

Being the Avatar to Zulera was not an excuse to do what she wanted. No, she would have done that even if she wasn't a bender at all. It was, if anything, little more than a twisted, divine prank. Neither she nor her mother ever let that status get in the way of the things they did. That was unlikely to change.

Zulera slapped a few coins onto the table, both to pay for her meal, and as a tip, and then finished eating in silence; not so much out of pondering; but simply because she did not have anything to say.
Mood: Face Value

Back to top Go down
Mieko
Mieko

EXP : 1505

Character Description
Position: Traveling Pilgrim
Nation: Fire Nation

PostSubject: Re: Footsteps Of Fate   Footsteps Of Fate - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 9:11 pm

Mieko stopped at the doorway as Zulera finished. That mercenary and Zulera did give her some sage advice. What she just said about being the villain. And Kazma was right. Well look at him; being a mercenary is usually a disrespectful profession. But he carried himself as an honorable warrior. He could of decapitated Zulera right there and then and she wouldn't of had the chance to stop him. Fact is though; he didn't lower himself to some lesser warrior. Kazma nearly did, but he fought not to. Zulera may be a villain now, but others only think of her as such due to her actions. Mieko was no exception to this perception. She too had thought earlier of the Avatar as some type of villain. But people can be who they want to be, so why can't they change. She turned her head to the right slightly so her words would flow back easier. "Then fight to be the hero; Avatar". Mieko departed to the sunlight, destined to find her own way.
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Footsteps Of Fate   Footsteps Of Fate - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 9:40 pm

Zulera Joanna Tallarico

Zulera stood up once she was done, having paid her tab, and she headed for the door after Mieko. there were things to do, and sitting on her ass in a restaurant was not one of them. Perhaps next time she and the misguided mercenary met, Zulera could show him how to be truly threatening. She had calculated approximately 6 movements she could have done to escape, 2 of which could be done so with little to no collateral damage.

She wasn't afraid of his empty threats. However, the thrill of the hunt was part of why she had not attacked him; for Zulera was a dirty fighter, and she played by her own rules. Had she not enjoyed the idea of keeping the Black Fang on strings like a puppet while they vainly chased her, she might have just ended it then and there. No... if they were going to dedicate their lives to ending hers, she would take control of their lives and grin down as she pulled their marionette strings.

Zulera strode calmly past Mieko on her way out.
"I have no reason to..." was her brief retort, before flipping a few bangs out of her face as she strode calmly off. Even heroes and villains were a matter of perspective. To the Air Temples and parts of the Earth Kingdom, Zulera was a hero. To others, she was a villain. To parts of the Fire Nation and even the Water Tribes, Firelord Novai was a hero. Perhaps some misguided fools even believed the Black Fang company were heroes. Maybe she was the misguided fool in thinking they were villains. Just because one side was a villain did not make the other a hero though. heroes would clash just as villains would... it was very possible that both sides were villain. there was no such thing as right adn wrong except based on people's opinions.
Mood: Face Value

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Footsteps Of Fate   Footsteps Of Fate - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Footsteps Of Fate
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3