The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Chance Meeting

Go down 
+2
Mieko
Tsuyoshi
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Hirako
Hirako

EXP : 1523

Character Description
Position: Traveller
Nation: Fire Nation

A Chance Meeting - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 8:44 pm

Hirako Hokuma

Hirako woke up surprisingly well rested It wasn't like most mornings where he had a hard time waking up. Hirako stretched and put on some clothes. Then he crept down the stairs and walked out the door he crept slowly down the stairs making sure not to wake any people that wanted to sleep in he stepped out of the Inn his satchel with some money in it to browse the wares the merchants sold.
He stopped as he saw a vendor that sold Ostrich Horses. "How much?" Hirako said to the man. "I am selling one with feed for 100 gold pieces." The vendor said as he pointed to one that was black and had a saddle already. "I'll take it!" said Hirako being pretty impatient to get a new pet it isn't like it's something that he needed but he really wanted it who knows it could make the trip a little more easier. He handed the man the gold pieces took a large bag of feed and hopped on his new pet putting the feed in the carrier slot in the saddle and he rode off quickly back to the inn leaving a trail of dust behind him.

Mood: Happy
Condition:Perfect
Link:

Back to top Go down
Kross
Kross

EXP : 950
Birthday : 1991-04-18

Character Description
Position:
Nation:

PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 9:45 pm

Kross waited for a moment, still strumming his fingers on the door surface. "Ahhhhhh" he called out. Several people turned to look but there was nothing there. Kross found himself about 10 feet down from where he had been standing and upside down, Earth benders, you should never annoy them.

"You are early AND you came to my home, we were supposed to meet at the designated location... whats so important you would dare do this?" A voice boomed all around him but all Kross could see as he slowly got up were 4 walls, He couldn't be sure but he had the awful feeling that they were getting closer so he spoke quickly.

"Well you see, Garrick, There is a group that is headed back to Ba Sing Se today and I don't want to have to travel back on my own and well.. I really want to search for Ava as soon as possible, and there is also this fire nation girl that...." The walls definitely seemed to stop moving and the one behind him fell away and he was dragged backwards into a bone crushing hug.

"A girl well why didn't you say so, its about time you found someone Zander." Garrick laughed, not letting go of the struggling Kross. Garrick was a short but stocky man who was a fantastic earth bender, he could hear whole conversations through the vibrations in the earth and distinguish between several at once, He was the only person that Kross knew who could do that and its why it made him such a great information broker. It helped that they were close, He had known Ava for a very long time though had never told him how they knew each other but Garrick had always treated Kross like a little brother, the same way that Ava had, it was... comforting.

"No, its not like that." Kross said, finally managing to get away and taking a deep breath. Garrick just took a long look at the slightly red face of Kross then burst into laughter.

"Sure boy, keep telling yourself that, I know that look of yours. I had it once, a long... long time ago." Garrick said looking off into nothingness before shaking his head and changing his expression to serious. "Anyway, you ain't going to like it lad. The only information I have for you is that Ava was seen in the Northern Water Tribe no one knows why or where she went after. She seemed to go off into the wilds, bloody daft if you ask me." he began to look worried and rubbed his brow. "You will find her and bring her too her senses right?" Kross simply nodded at this. "Be careful who you tell, it seems you are not the only one who has been asking around about her... Its why I couldn't put it in a letter, and I missed you."

"I missed you too Garrick." Kross said with a feint smile. "Say, since you have contacts in the water tribe..." he was cut off.

"They made it safely, and as I understand it your fathers treatment is going well. He should make a full recovery. On that subject... how are you for money, I know you gave them nearly everything you had for them to pay for it." he said with a soft yet disapproving look. Kross opened his mouth but before he could even mutter a word Garrick continued. "That's what I thought. There are several new bounty's out an about. Seems the fire nation is causing problems for the rest of us again, not keeping there people in check, hot heads. There are two that recently escaped from the fire nation, a young man and older man." He handed over some sheets with artist impressions and various crimes, the older having much more. Kross recognized them... though it could be a coincidence, but there were the names. "Seen them somewhere? That one is worth a lot, don't worry, I wont tell anyone else that they are about, its the least I can do for you. There are also all of those outstanding bounty's. " Garrick gestured to a wall, covered in artist impressions and bounty's, Garricks own notes scribbled on.

Kross went to examine the wall, looking at all of them closely, another face he recognized. A pirate with... some of the oddest crimes he had ever read and 128 reports of public disturbance. He took a copy as well as several others, rolling them all up and storing them in a scroll tube that was then put into his bag. Kross turned to Garrick with an open mouth, but he was already holding what he needed. It was a wooden box big enough for him to store his chakram in. It would have to do until he had the time to replace the straps. "You are the best." Kross said, sorting everything out.

"You remember that when you get married to that girl of yours." Garrick laughed again, Kross knew he was only trying to tease him to he couldn't help but smile and blush about it though it was not his intention but there was no point trying to argue that here. Garrick spread his arms wide and Kross came in for a hug, one of the few people he was comfortable with. "Now off with you, can't keep that girl or Ava waiting." With a firm but gentle shove, Kross was tripping up into the pit he had fallen into. "Oh, but come here again Zander and that pit is going to be full of spikes." There was an evil grin on Garricks face as he continued. "Now how would Mieko feel about that?" and with that last word, Kross was launched upwards and out back onto the street off guard he fell hard onto the ground.

Kross lay on his back for a moment as things started to click, he knew all along, knowing full well that he would be able to hear he swore "You..."
Back to top Go down
Tsuyoshi
Tsuyoshi

EXP : 1575
Birthday : 1995-07-02

Character Description
Position: Noble Wanderer
Nation: Earth Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 6:53 am

Tsuyoshi Hayashi

Tsu woke up with a loud yawn. He stood up and opened up the shutters of his window. He looked out at his home town and smiled slightly. He then padded back into his room and found his pants and put them on. He also tied up his hair into a ponytail. He found his satchel and put it on, and left the room, gently closing the door.

He went downstairs into the inn, he smiled at the innkeeper before walking outside. He looked around before stomping his foot on the ground. A few rumbles later and a hole opened up next to him, and the badger mole, Yurio, popped out. Tsu smiled and said "Hey boy, how was your sleep?" Yurio snuffled around Tsu, before lying down in front of him. Tsu stomped the floor again, and some stairs popped up. Tsu climbed into the saddle and waited around for the others.

Mood: Curious
Condition: Healthy
Link:

Back to top Go down
Mieko
Mieko

EXP : 1505

Character Description
Position: Traveling Pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 10:46 am

Mieko finished setting the last button on her shirt. Her bag was all ready to go from last night. She just needed some more supplies for the start of the trip. "The others are probably waiting". Mieko grabbed her pack and hurried out the door with only a quick glance back to see if she had left anything in the room. Taking two steps at a time she was on ground level in seconds. No one was down there though, no one of her new traveling companions that is. Maybe some of them were still asleep, or outside already. Mieko hoped she was right, and it was not that they had left her behind. Light blinded her for a moment when she stepped out to the fresh air.

Badgermole? Tsu? "Where in the avatars names did you get one of theose things, and tame it"?
Back to top Go down
Hirako
Hirako

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 1:58 pm

Hirako Hokuma

Hirako wa speeding towards the inn when he saw Mieko and Tsu there. "Hey guys look what I bought!!!" Hirako said gesturing to his new Ostrich horse. He stopped near the two and said "You guys ready for the trip?" Hirako said.

Link:

Back to top Go down
Kross
Kross

Character Description
Position:
Nation:

PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 2:11 pm

Kross picked himself up and dusted himself off, unable to stop smiling, that damn Garrick. Well, he got what he had come for, It was hardly worth the trip just to be told to go to the northern water tribe, but he had met some... interesting people. Oh, of course, he defiantly couldn't be late now, especially after finding out what he did. If he could somehow pull this off he would not have any money problems for a long while. But where was the best place to do it. Close to serpents pass, probably after it. He started to hurry in a slight daze, not really remembering the way he came, having to double back on himself more than once.

He eventually managed to find them again, walking towards them and raising his bandaged hand in greeting, It was stained with old blood and now covered in dust. "I thought you may have left already." He said eventually coming to a stop near them, but not close enough to the animals, he didn't like them, animals could be unpredictable. "were we all supposed to get something to ride? because... I can't afford that." he said honestly, hoping that he would not have too.
Back to top Go down
Kako
Kako

EXP : 4905

Character Description
Position: Ex-Spymaster

PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 2:21 pm

As the first ray of light brushed him, Kako's eyes snapped open, and he scanned the room around him. No one was present, thankfully enough, and the ex-spymaster sat up in his bed. Stretching, he reviewed as much as he could remember about the previous night, remembering shortly afterwards he had a notepad for such an occasion. Grabbing it from the chest of drawers, he consulted the notes he'd left himself the night before. It read. "Kuro is a little bitch." Closing it shut, he sighed. Thanks, Kako.

He collected his things, and began to make his bed. Certainly, from what he remembered of Hirako's new friends, the trip was going to be an interesting one, if not a bit volatile. He shook his head as he finally removed the sheet of creases, and smiled at his work, before getting dressed, and heading downstairs. He didn't immediately notice anyone, but as he stepped into the fresh air, he was greeted with the sight of most of his party members, and their respective mounts. It seemed that Hirako had somehow acquired an ostrich horse, and Tsu a badgermole. He decided to address that later, and in the meantime just sort of go with it.

Sauntering up to them, he gave the badgermole a skeptical look, briefly considering hanging it on his wall. He shook the thought, there was no title that went with killing a badgermole. Besides, he wouldn't like to be called "Badgermole Kako" anyway. "Looks like we're all ready to set off then, where's that other one?"
Back to top Go down
Tsuyoshi
Tsuyoshi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 2:29 pm

Tsuyoshi Hayashi

Yurio turned towards Kako, and sniffled slightly, before turning again. Tsu was looking at the old man now, and noting the greedy look he had for a moment, typical. Tsu then looked around at the people assembled, and said.

"For any without mounts there is a stable to the west of here we can visit, my families to be frank, and you can take one mount, if you do not have one, there are many animals to choose from."

He then looked up at the sky, they should head to the stables soon, and then off into the unknown. Yurio then burrows back underground, the hole closing behind them, they pop back out at the stables.

Link:

Last edited by Tsuyoshi on Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Hirako
Hirako

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 2:46 pm

Hirako Hokuma

Hirako nodded "Sounds good He sped off to the derection of the stables he gets there fairly quickly and waits for the others.

Link:

Back to top Go down
Kako
Kako

EXP : 4905

Character Description
Position: Ex-Spymaster

PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 3:44 pm

Kako smirked, it seemed the kid had connections. Well, he was never one to pass up an offer, so he went ahead and set off in the general of the stable. After much searching, he seemed to have spotted it, mostly because of Hirako waiting eagerly. He walked in, assuming Tsu had sorted things out, and took a look at the selection of mounts. He scratched his chin, spoiled by choice a little and wondering just how rich this kid's family was.

After giving quite a bit of thought on the matter, he picked an ottergator, one of the biggest of them all. It had the basic shape of an alligator, but covered in brown fur, and with whiskers. It's feet were also very much like an otter's, without claws, and it's legs seemed to be more dexterous, along with it's tail, which was slightly thinner and shorter. Cautiously, Kako approached. The ottergator looked at him sternly, and grunted. Kako grunted back, and continued working his way forward. The ottorgator provided a much louder grunt, to which Kako replied by breathing in, and launching as much fire from his mouth as was possible. That seemed to shut it up.

Soon enough, he was mounted, the size and shape of it allowing him to sit with his legs crossed in the center of it. It crawled along the sand at a steady pace, something that didn't bother him to much. He waved to the others. "I've got mine!"
Back to top Go down
Kross
Kross

Character Description
Position:
Nation:

PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 4:04 pm

Kross followed the rest of the group to the stables and looked around, it was obvious he was un easy, he really didn't like animals unless he was eating them. It didn't help that he had no Riding ability. Even if he did pick he would not know how to control it. Any time he had to ride something, it had always been with Ava and she was always in control. He sighed and continued to look, everyone else seemed to find it so easy, but what was he even supposed to pick, how could he know what would be good for this trip. He stopped in front of a giant rhinoceros beetle. He had seen a lot of them as they were one of the most common things for merchants to use... huge and powerful though not particularly attractive. It seemed like the smartest choice but... no.. it was way too big for just him and didn't want to take it since he didn't see any others it wouldn't be right no matter how rich Tsu's family was.

"Um... I don't know how to ride things or what I would need to do to take care of them." Kross said with a raised hand and down cast eyes, his soft tone barely audible over the noise of this place.
Back to top Go down
Hirako
Hirako

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 4:50 pm

Hirako Hokuma

Hirako tied up Luna and walked into the stables watching Kross pick an animal. "Having trouble picking?" Hirako asked looking at the animals and then he says "Do you need any help?" Hirako asked.

Link:

Back to top Go down
Mieko
Mieko

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 7:51 pm

Mieko looked about at the various animals that the stable had to offer. She'd never really ridden any animal before. She's always just walked or ridden in a cart. "Well if your offering to anyone Hirako I guess I could use some help. I've never ridden any beast really. What would you think would be best for me"?
Back to top Go down
Tsuyoshi
Tsuyoshi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 12:37 pm

Tsuyoshi Hayashi

Yurio carried Tsu over to where the others were discussing which mounts the two who did not ride could ride... This could end strangely, he thought with a half-smile. He then noted the nearby giant rhinoceros beetle with a nod, his family could easily replace it. He looked to both Mieko and Kross.... This would be amusing.

"Well, between you, Kross, and you Mieko, you should be able to handle Prongs, the beetle over there. His saddle is big enough for two, and has enough room on top of the beetle for you to sleep if needs be"

There, that should shove them together easier. Unless he rose two earthen walls and slammed them together.

Link:

Back to top Go down
Kross
Kross

Character Description
Position:
Nation:

PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 1:31 pm

"T-t-together... what, um.." he stuttered then cleared his throat. "Um don't you just have a cart or something that could be pulled along." He didn't want to ride some animal and a cart would be very useful if he was to go through with his plans. The thought of having to be close to Mieko at all times was...He kept his eyes down, it was embarrassing, an awkward social situation, but one he could live with.

He turned and looked back up at the beetle intensely so his face was turned away from everyone else to try and hide his expression. "If.... I MUST take something then I suppose this would do... but would much rather just ride in a cart. Less chance of something going wrong." He kind of tailed off, not knowing what to really say.
Back to top Go down
Hirako
Hirako

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 5:00 pm

"Well for your personnaly mieko you would need to choose if you want something swift and fast or soemthign that goes at a moderate speed. the Ostrich horses are one of my favorite if you want something light and quick and they can always fit through small spaces if you know what your doing. But if you want something a little easier I would probably go for the beetle like Tsu said but you would have to share... Hirako said petting as he pet a nearby animal.
Back to top Go down
Mieko
Mieko

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 5:36 pm

"Well I'm against the beetle. They're pretty slow and I'd like to get to Ba Sing Se before the next season. But if you don't know how to ride at all I guess its the best thing. I'll ride the big dumb beetle if I must". Mieko wasn't happy about it, it would take near enough that long to get there, probably. But if airpants can't ride anything faster than this, and not wanting to wast all of Tsu's money... It was a logical choice.
Back to top Go down
Kross
Kross

Character Description
Position:
Nation:

PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 6:06 pm

"They are slow?" he asked, having witnessed otherwise, sure, they are not as fast as say an ostrich horse... but for the path they would be taking, they were the most suitable. resistant to the heat, able to walk easily on uneven surfaces and carry huge weights. "I suppose I am used to traveling with merchants between here and Ba Sing Se since they use these. I will be fine on my own...probably, don't worry about it." He could see the disapproval of Mieko and looked towards the other animals, None would allow him to really follow though with his plan. They wouldn't be able to carry the weight. With the other animals the group had selected, It was unlikely he would be outpaced anyway. "Just trust me." he said quietly to Mieko before walking closer to it before saying allowed. "If you are sure its ok... Then can I take this." He said as some stable attendants began to saddle it, he guessed it was a yes. Opening the gate of the pen that held it and climbing up with unfamiliarity. Holding out his good hand to Mieko, if she chose to join him."
Back to top Go down
Mieko
Mieko

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 6:50 pm

Her eyes rolled and as her head hung the other way. Mieko let her pack slip from her shoulder and slung it for Kross to catch. "Just get the bug rollin Kross". Mieko jumped up on the fence with one leap and easily balanced. She swung her arm to tell him again to get the thing moving already.
Back to top Go down
Kross
Kross

Character Description
Position:
Nation:

PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 7:09 pm

He caught the bag with ease... with his dominant hand, the hand with a cut on it and winced a little, mistake. still, he took his own bag off and placed them in a compartment slightly behind the seats in the saddle. He took the reigns of the beetle and sat with a long moment looking beffudled. One of the stable hands at the side gestured to Kross with a smile, his hands moving up and down together. Kross mimicked this action and the beetle took off at a moderate pace. It was by far the biggest of the mounts but with 6 legs and a hard shell, very comfortable. It wasn't the most elegant looking of the lot but the most practical, why would anyone pick anything else? They rejoined the group and then headed out.
Back to top Go down
Tsuyoshi
Tsuyoshi

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 10:58 am

With the party all mounted up on their different mounts: Tsu his badger mole, Kako his otterdile, Hirako his ostrich horse and Kross and Mieko their giant rhino beetle, they began the long and arduous journey to Ba Sing Se. On their travels they had many hardships, and many enjoyable moments. Their friendships grew deeper, and trust came slightly more easier. After four days of riding, they came to the true test of how their bonds of friendship would hold. Would they be able to bypass the vast Foggy Swamp successfully? And all unharmed?

Progress onward in the journey
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Chance Meeting
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4