The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

IMPORTANT: Concerning storylines, aging, levelling up, etc.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Meili
Superb Member
Meili

EXP : 43135
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Earth Queen
Nation: Earth Kingdom

IMPORTANT: Concerning storylines, aging, levelling up, etc. Empty
PostSubject: IMPORTANT: Concerning storylines, aging, levelling up, etc.   IMPORTANT: Concerning storylines, aging, levelling up, etc. EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 9:11 pm

It has come to my attention that many members, both new and old, have been curious about the timeline of this site and of some characters, and how to "level up" a character, or age them and whatnot.

Being awesome like I am, I know the answers to all of this, and since I love lists because lists are pretty, I will keep this fairly simple.

If you want the really short version, know that in order to do any of the above things, you just need to RP them through and finish the thread. (exceptions may apply, see below). If you want the nitty-gritty in-depth version, read on.

LEVELLING UP:

• first off, know that the "ranks" in the little "Experience ranks" widget on the side of the forum are stupid and mean absolutely nothing. It doesn't matter if you have 5XP or 35000XP. they don't do anything except look pretty. you generally get about 25XP per RP post though, if anyone cares. like post count, it's just another pretty number. It's nothing to get worked up over.

• Characters do not have to stay the same rank as they were when they were created. Through effort and good RPing, characters can increase their skill, just like in reality. There are not solid guidelines on what has to be done for your character to advance, but generally a training thread or two and some passing time can help a character advance. There are no set guidelines on how long these threads have to be or have to last, so use your good judgment. The staff members might get after you if we think you are advancing too quickly (so just don't go from beginner to expert in a week or something), but otherwise, we trust the members enough. If you feel like you are ready to advance but want to be on the safe side, feel free to PM me. (note--this is not required)

• If you do level your character, be sure to make the appropriate changes to his or her profile and feel free to post/bump he thread to let us know you made the updates. Usually these are minor changes to the abilities and history sections (what new abilities did they gain, and how did they gain them), and not a whole makeover.

• Questions or comments about these rules, and feel free to take it up with Zulera. Smile

AGING/STORYLINES:
You can also age characters up over time (which usually goes hand-in-hand with levelling). This is there things get a bit complicated. Obviously when you age someone up, you will want to update their profile accordingly. however, also because of this, we would recommend that you date your threads (the majority of this forum takes place 83 years After Ozai's Downfall (AOD) and such. Do not worry too much about this one for now, just know that there will be other changes and such as time passes.

questions, comments, concerns... hit me up.
~Zul~
Back to top Go down

IMPORTANT: Concerning storylines, aging, levelling up, etc.
Page 1 of 1