The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Renayu (Updated to Master, and other things)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Renayu
Renayu

EXP : 3622

Character Description
Position: Tea Shop Waiteress
Nation: Water Tribes

Renayu (Updated to Master, and other things) Empty
PostSubject: Renayu (Updated to Master, and other things)   Renayu (Updated to Master, and other things) EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 7:15 pm

Full Name: Renyau
Element: Water bender
Birthplace: Southern Water Tribe
Position: Former Southern Water Tribe Chief, Currently a tea shop waiteress
Training: Master Waterbending, Expert healing, Intermediate Hand-to-Hand combat

Personality: (Current word count: 406) Renayu was a soft-spoken little girl growing, but after the traumatic death of her mother, she became a fighter. She has fought to keep up pace with the warriors of the village. The Southern Water Tribe has grown over the years, rendering it bigger, stronger, and the underdog. Her cousin, Zulera, is the Avatar so having someone like the Avatar coming from your tribe makes you stronger, and a unknown force. On Renayu’s mind is the protection of the Tribe and becoming stronger personality. How else can someone describe Renayu other than: A fighter, Strong, Out-spoken, Charismatic, and Serious with a funny side. Due to the fact that she was an only child growing up, all the children going to her school seemed to be like her brother’s and Sister’s.

After she became Chief when she was twenty-three, her days of goofing around and being another Southern Water Tribe girl, she became “One of the guys”. She had been Hand-to-Hand combat training since she was eighteen. Every time she trained, she didn’t want to be thought of as a girl, she wanted to be treated just like any other warriors in training. Now that she has lead the Tribe for two years, she has spoken with some of the Tribal council members and they all have agreed that she needed to be wed within the next two years or the sake of the tribe could be at stake, which scares her. She doesn’t want to ruin what her father built up since his days as Tribal Chief.

Now after becoming a mother, renayu has became more serious about her matters, raising her twins, and working to her best abilities. One day, a rouge group of fire benders and others raided the Tribe, taking supplies, food, money and people. While fighting off the main leader of the group, one of the warriors fought against her back, informing her that the fire benders found her childern. She pushed the leader over the cliff, sending him into the icy water and ran to her hut, finding her two year old daughter huddled in a corner with a man holding her two year old son. He melted half of her home and escaped with her son. This even caused Rena to go through a period of depression, which is what she is going through right now to this very day.

Abilities: (word count: 356) Renayu is an Master water bender who has become an expert healer, and Hand-to-hand combat. Her mother taught her how to heal and waterbend before her untimely death when Renayu was sixteen. Her water bending training started when she was ten years old. Her mother was a master in the art, hailing from the Northern Water tribe where most water benders came from. She was the only water bender at the time, besides Avatar Zulera who went to school with Renayu at an older grade.

Her hand-to-hand combat training didn’t start until she was eighteen years of age. She trained for five years with her father as her instructor and the Tribal warriors as her fellow pupils. With her being a woman, the men she grew up with thought weak of her. She proved them wrong when she pinned one of the warriors to the ground in thirty seconds. He was of average build, not the strongest man, but not the weakest. She does help one of the warriors teach the younger men when teaching the art of hand-to-hand combat. How else is she supposed to be looked up by the younger girls when they think that the boys are being mean?

Her ability to be the Tribes chief is not so great. She has failed her people, failed her father and his father (and so on), failed her family and also failed herself. She is now jumping ship from being the tribal chief and moving to Ba Sing Se with her daughter due to her depression from losing her son to a bunch of savage fire bending rouges.

Being a mother is an ability any woman can have, but to master the life art form means when your child always confides in you. Anyone can be a mother or a father, but it takes a few special people to becaome a mommy or daddy. She feels like she has failed her son, but her daughter brings up her hopes every time she says, "Mommy, I know he'll come back. Maybe he'll come back with daddy too."

Appearance:
Height: 5'6
Weight: 135lbs
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Dark brown

(word count: 250) Renayu is of average build of any Water tribe member. Her skin is darkened due to the constant exposure to the sun. Her eyes are the color of the water that she is able to bend. The blueness is very predominant, especially at night. Her hair is dark brown, almost the color of chocolate. The thickness of it makes it very difficult for her to pull it up in the mornings. She always keeps herself prepared for any type of fight or combat. Her build is normal with some definition of her muscles that she has devolved over the years through her training sessions.

Her clothing is of traditional Water Tribe materials. She wears a long sleeved, dark blue shirt with polar-wolf fur on the inside to keep her warm. She bares the Water Tribe symbol on her shirt at her neckline. Her pants are made of the same materials as her top. Her boots are tan with polar-fur on the inside of them as well.

When she is not in the tribe and out in the earth Kingdom, Fire Nation, or one of the Air Temples; she wears a dark blue tank top with the same pants and boots. She wears a wrist guard her mother made for her father many years ago on her right wrist. It has four white circles on it bearing the same water Tribe crest on it. Her hair is up in a ponytail with one bang loop which is connected to her ponytail.

Weaponry & Other Gear: Renayu is now only starting to learn the basics of her weapon training. She takes classes with the younger generations so at the current time she carries around a pouch made out of Polar baer-dog fur and the shell of a turtle duck.

History: (Word Count: 1,244) Renayu is the only child of her parents. Her mother had died while out looking for different fish and artic plants to use for medical reasons. Renayu got her water bending and healing abilities from her mother, although an elder woman in the tribe acted more like her mother then her own mother did. This woman was not related to Rena at all, and yet she taught the girl throughout her childhood and teenage years. Her father was the Southern water Tribe Chief. So when her mother died, she had already mastered the art of healing and became an expert water bender. Sixteen years into her life, after all the tragic events of her mother’s untimely death, she began to observe her father and was taken under his wing. Her father was a war hero. He was withered by old age and an unknown disease that could only be healed by the Spiritual waters from the Northern water Tribe.

Since she was eighteen, Renayu was trained by her father in the arts of hand-to-hand combat. He taught her everything that every Southern Water tribe warrior knew. Their fighting styles had stayed the same since the ancient times of Avatar Aang. One day, she went out for a training session with two of the warriors while her father stayed at home in bed. When she returned home that night, Renayu found her father dead in his sleep. At the age of twenty-three, Renayu had become the first Southern Water Tribe female chief, and the youngest of anyone before her. The next day, the tribe held the proper burial for her father, by sending his corpse in a canoe with his body in it covered with his tribal blanket on top.

Renayu became in charge of thirty men, twenty-five women, and seventeen children (ages range from 2 months to sixteen years). She wasn’t mentally prepared for her rightful position, but she wouldn’t let anyone know that. She kept the village going just like her father did; everything was peaceful and acted right, like her father never died. Yet she knew that one day she would have to prepare herself for the village’s sake when they realize that fact. She was going to have to find a husband soon, but all the men her age in the village was preparing to go out on a three month tour protecting Southern waters, or was like a brother to her.

Being a leader of one of the Four Nations was a big thing and controlling half of one Nation was empowering. She had to keep in mind that if the power gets into the wrong hands or she makes the wrong choice, she could potentially break relations with her sister tribe and cause the downfall of the Southern Water tribe. She doesn’t want that to happen. She understands that it would be best to get married so she could have another outlook on all her choices about the Tribes welfare. But who would she choose as her husband? The Earth Kingdom didn’t really understand anything about the Water Tribes; the Swamp people were out of the question. The only Nations who could understand the water tribes were the Air Nomads and Fire Nation. Air Nomads lived all over the world and it was unknown to her if they believed in love or not and the Fire Nation was looked down by the water tribes, but it might be her only hope.

Well, one fateful day, a Fire Nation male named Mako walked into her life, literally. The two ran into each other as they were going about their businesses in the tribe. They spent the day and night together and what most people could say was, it was true love at first site. Now it’s just a matter of holding onto it. Now she knew that she found her love, how can she bring down oppression on her fellow tribesmen? Maybe the fact that she is a terrible leader? Or the fact that she thinks too much on the future to ignore some pressing matters? What on earth did she get herself into when she accepted the Chieftess/Chief position the day after he father’s death? Oh yeah, because she didn’t want her father’s memory as chief to be forgotten. She was still just a kid when she became a leader of one of the four nations, and now she truly knew, she was growing up.

Then her life had changed again. As she found out about the murder of her lover, Renayu found out she was pregnant with not just one, but two of his children. She wanted to be a better mother to her kids than what her mother was to her. She will name her son Keimaru, which stands for strong boy, his name being a water tribe one, and in memory of the children's father and her first love, she will give her daughter a fire nation name. It will be Chinatsu meaning Thousand Summers because deep down in her heart, renayu knew she met Mako in a past life a thousand summer before. Now the question is, how will she raise two childern by herself while running half of the Water Tribe people?

Then yet again, more dark events happened in this young woman's life. After some rouge fire benders attacked her village, she rushed home to witness one of them taking her son, Keimaru, then leaving her home and tribe. She chased the man until one of the others hit her over the head with a club. She fell to the ground watching the men who took her son leave on a ship. After waking up back in her hut with her daughter huddled up to her, she was told that there were no signs of the ship for miles, rendering her son kidnapped and or dead. She fell into a state of depression, almost in a comatosed state for the next two years. All she knew now was eating, taking care of her daughter andbarley running the tribe. She rarley slept due to the constant nightmares she has involving her family and the event that took her son away from her.

At this point, she is totally defenseless as the Tribes Chief. She is currently thinking about giving up the position and leaving the tribe, or even taking her own life. But every time she ponders this, her daughter would walk in talking about how her schooling went and all of her friends. Now she is currently thinking about moving to the Earth Kingdom. Ba Sing Se to be correct about the location. Now the only thing she has to do, is pack up and move, rendering her and her daughter a very long trip.

She gave the Tribe a formal apology, informing them of her reason why she was leaving, allowing the Tribe to do through a type of democracy in order to choose the next Chief. By noon, she had her bags packed with her most important belongings, clothing and her daughter on a ship, headed to full moon bay having all the money she had turned into currencey for the earth Kingdom. After arriving in Ba Sing Se safely, she picked up a job as a tea shop waiteress, getting an apartment near the shop for her and her daughter to live in.

**Required of Master Tier Characters** (Word count: 570)

Character Box:

Renayu

“Again!” the drill Sargent barked out. I was pinned on the ground by one of the warriors I went to school with. As he stood up, he reached out his hand to me to assist me getting on my own feet. I walked back to where I placed my water and towel. This was the twelfth time of running this drill, and we were quickly approaching number thirteen.

I looked up to see my father standing with my bottle of water. I took it from him gently as he spoke.
“Rena, you focus too much on attacking. That’s how they are able to beat you, because you are not focusing your energy on defending from brutal blows and blind attacks.” He told me before wiping away the blood from the tiny cut above my eye brow. He was the Tribes Chief going on fifty years. How was I supposed to follow in his footsteps after the unfortunate day that would soon be upon us? “Remember Hand-to Hand combat is like a water bending battle, only you are closer to your opponent and there is no ability to use water.” He reminded me before turning me around by the shoulders. He then pushed me forward to start round thirteen.

I moved closer to the warrior. We walked around in a circle polar opposite of each other. His hands were clenched in fists near his upper torso. My elbows were bent, my hands were poised to move at a moment’s notice. Then both my mother’s and my father’s words were echoed in my head. “Focus on defending and less on attacking.” The warrior charged at me, tired of our cat-and-mouse chase. He tried to swipe my legs to knock me over like he did five times before switching up his tactics. I jumped, while I did so, I placed both of my hands on his shoulders using his current position so I could flip over him. He tried to block my arm so I couldn’t do it, but I twisted during the flip. I turned around and went for a kick in his head, He blocked it with and hand. Just where I wanted him. I thought to myself. I used his blind side (where the foot was) to knock him down to his knees. I then got on his back and took out his sword from his side and placed it to his throat.

The drill Sargent called out on his whistle. “Round Thirteen goes to Renayu.” Finally! I jumped off of the warrior after letting go of the sword. I jumped up in the air as excited as could be. After three seconds of this, I opened my eyes up to see all eyes on me in an awkward state. I stopped and fixed my attire. I helped up the warrior. I placed my hand in my palm and bent towards him. “That was a great match. Thank you for practicing with me.” I looked at the Drill Sargent and repeated the same gesture.

I walked over to where my father was.
“Your mother is smiling down upon you, Rena. The sun is shining bright now than before the match.” I wrapped my arm around my father’s back as we began to head home for the night.

“I know Papa, I know.” I looked up to the sun as we walked. I guess thirteen was my lucky number after all.

Mood:MOOD HERE
Condition:CONDITION HERE

Keimaru and Chinatsu

Keimaru is the waterbending son. His name means Strong Boy. He is going to be played by Mei/Mai

Chinatsu is the firebending daughter. Her name means Thousand Summer. I shall be playing her.

Mood:MOOD HERE
Condition:CONDITION HERE

Last edited by Renayu on Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:45 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Loki
Staff Admin
Loki

EXP : 5815

Character Description
Position: Thief
Nation: Air Temples

PostSubject: Re: Renayu (Updated to Master, and other things)   Renayu (Updated to Master, and other things) EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 8:17 pm

Alright, I see one error. In certain areas it says you are already in the Earth Kingdom and that you have quit being the chief and in others it says you are only thinking about.

Since this is only a mistake, I'll approve on the condition that you fix it.

EDIT: Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Shula
Staff Admin
Shula

EXP : 4645
Birthday : 1996-03-21

Character Description
Position: Fire Lord
Nation: Fire Nation

PostSubject: Re: Renayu (Updated to Master, and other things)   Renayu (Updated to Master, and other things) EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 8:54 pm

Approved. You know the drill. Wait for one more.
Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

EXP : 11135
Birthday : 1992-06-29

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Renayu (Updated to Master, and other things)   Renayu (Updated to Master, and other things) EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 11:44 pm

Hey Ren, everything looks good. I just have a problem with the blood bending abilities and so until they are removed, I will have to Deny this app.
Back to top Go down
Renayu
Renayu

EXP : 3622

Character Description
Position: Tea Shop Waiteress

PostSubject: Re: Renayu (Updated to Master, and other things)   Renayu (Updated to Master, and other things) EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 3:39 pm

I have no problem with it, but may i be a tiny stinker and say that her previous profile was approved because i swor in the app that she would never ever do it due to her morlas as a person and all that. I have no problem, like i said, with removing it though.
Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

EXP : 11135
Birthday : 1992-06-29

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Renayu (Updated to Master, and other things)   Renayu (Updated to Master, and other things) EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 4:05 pm

Thanks for fixing it Ren. I denied Tarlock because of the same thing, not going to change my mind now, bloodbending is OP. Anyway, I now happily Approve
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

EXP : 20825
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Avatar

PostSubject: Re: Renayu (Updated to Master, and other things)   Renayu (Updated to Master, and other things) EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 3:29 am

the profile itself is fine, though there are a few story-related inconsistencies related to the Southern Water Tribe.

The biggest ones are that the tribe is a rather large network of towns and cities now too, so there are much more people now. (see also--the airbenders Razz )
by extension, that also means that she (and Zul) were not the only waterbenders there, especially given that all 7 other members of Zulera's family (her 6 brothers plus her mother, arguably her father too, though his status is unknown) as well as any kids they had... were all Southern Waterbenders.
I'm not about to go and retroactively deny the app or anything. Just know that the SWT is a better place than it once was. ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Renayu (Updated to Master, and other things)   Renayu (Updated to Master, and other things) Empty

Back to top Go down

Renayu (Updated to Master, and other things)
Page 1 of 1