The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Meeting of Multiple Cultures

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Akiyo
Staff Admin
Akiyo

EXP : 675
Birthday : 1996-03-21

Character Description
Position: Waterbender
Nation: Water Tribes

The Meeting of Multiple Cultures - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Meeting of Multiple Cultures   The Meeting of Multiple Cultures - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 2:30 pm

Akiyo Tenshi

"no worries... I... well, I guess I am glad to help you then; because I really am pretty sure that I am in love with you." Shoot an arrow in the man's heart why don't ya, cause in that instant, Akiyo honestly felt like he could die with no regrets.

Why in he.ll did he feel so strongly for her? He shouldn't have been surprised though. He was the same way with Chiyo's mother when they had first met. Akiyo wasn't one to give up on someone, ever. If Zhin truly felt this way, he'd do his best to make her as happy as he possibly could. And if she found that he wasn't the one she wanted, then he would have to let her go... but he'd show her the joys of being a Tenshi first.

Upon his mentioning of bedtime, she concurred. "As for tomorrow... I might just have to see where the day takes me. I am sure that it will be a lovely one if you're in it with me."

"Whatever you want; I'm sure you won't be bored, no matter what you choose to do. You seem to be pretty good at keeping busy." Akiyo smiled, standing to show her to the guest bedroom. "If you need something for tomorrow, Chiyo's got enough clothes to supply the entire 'Tribe." he said, slightly shaking his head. Women.

(Assuming that Zhin is all fine and dandy with being shown to the guest room Razz ) Akiyo led Zhin up the stairs, walking past Chiyo's bedroom. A small light flickered under the door frame. He rapped on the door twice and the light instantaneously went out. He smiled back at Zhin.

"She thinks I can't tell when she leaves a light on to read with," he said, walking a few more feet. The bedroom next to Chiyo's was warm, and cozy, albeit a little plain. White sheets covered a soft mattress, and over this, a blanket of deep blue and grays. Three large pillows stuffed with penguin feathers were stacked on one end of the full-sized bed. A small square of cloth was at the foot of the bed, courtesy of Chiyo. Pajamas.

There was also an empty chest of drawers by the window that looked out upon the storm, a chair and small table in one corner. Upon the table was an oil lamp in case Zhin needed light.

Mood: Calm
Condition: Healthy

Back to top Go down
Zhin Lyautey
Zhin Lyautey

EXP : 1575
Birthday : 1990-04-09

Character Description
Position: Artist; Architect
Nation: Fire Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Meeting of Multiple Cultures   The Meeting of Multiple Cultures - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 4:27 pm

Zhin Lyautey

Despite her noble and perhaps influential origins, Zhin was humble, reasonable, and down-to-earth. Some called her stubborn, but more importantly, she was simply not wishy-washy. When she made a decision, she stuck to it unless something catastrophic or detrimental came up which made the decision seem less practical. Thus if things remained the way they were, it was unlikely at all that Zhin would want to leave Akiyo. To her, she had made her decision, and so the path was clear.

Zhin smiled, emitting her common soft chuckle, which had a note of appreciation embedded within it.
“Alright then,” she indicated, “and you are right about me being able to keep busy.”
Zhin was not necessarily an introvert, but she didn’t mind alone time, and she deeply cherished being able to think to herself, which she did very often.
“It is never boring when your mind is a playground. It is a gentle communication with my subconscious that is expressed better through mentally hearing my voice than actually saying it aloud. Perhaps if I did that, I would get twice the looks I normally get—so perhaps it is for the best.”

As observant as she was, she noticed his slight head shake.
“What was that about?” she chuckled, “we ladies like to look stylish.”
Zhin could understand Chiyo’s possession of an array of clothing, being a similarly stylish woman herself who normally had a variety of things she would wear. Her choices were limited with the limited amount of things she had brought with her down here, but it was still a decent little variety on its own too.

She chuckled as Akiyo rapped on Chiyo’s door as she put her light out.
“I can’t blame her too much… I am guilty of the same thing.” She admitted with a sheepish grin. Yes, Zhin certainly loved to read and study. It was one of the ways she designed and drew things, as Zhin definitely had some good artistic skills.

A quick survey of the room and Zhin instantly knew that she would not have any problem feeling well-accommodated. Perhaps she would pull out a sketchbook and make a brief drawing before bed, but she would definitely not stay up too late. Even though she was not a firebender, that was very solidly the type of blood she had in her, and with it came the nigh-instinctive urge to wake up with the sun. Luckily, this was a bit later in the day thanks to being a polar region.

“This will do wonderfully.” She smiled up at Akiyo appreciatively. “Thank you.”
With this, she also planted a soft kiss on his lips, pulling back with a smile. Unless Akiyo pulled her in for another kiss or swept her off her feet or something, she would then retire to her room.
Mood: Elated
Condition: Warm ^.^
Link:

Back to top Go down
Akiyo
Staff Admin
Akiyo

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Meeting of Multiple Cultures   The Meeting of Multiple Cultures - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 8:03 pm

HTML>

Akiyo Tenshi

“This will do wonderfully. Thank you," she said, and Akiyo smiled in return. Then she leaned up and gave him a soft kiss; it was brief, but it was heaven. Her lips were soft and warm, and as she pulled away with a cute little Zhin-smile, he cupped her face in one hand and kissed her back.

"But of course," he murmured, taking a moment to brush his thumb against her cheekbone before letting his hand fall away from her face. "Goodnight, Zhin. Sleep well," he said with a touch of warmth in his voice that hadn't been there before.

With that, he retired to his bedroom; it was across the hall from both Chiyo and Zhin, so if they needed him, he wouldn't be far. As his door squeaked on it's hinges and snapped shut softly, he tossed himself onto his bed, staring at the ceiling.

A curious woman she is, yes. Something about her is so different than from what I've met before; she's feminine, but I could trust her with my life. Chiyo appears to adore her... and I do, as well. If Meera were able to see me now... what would she say? Would she be ashamed, and hurt? Or would she approve of this? Akiyo couldn't help the questions tumbling in his head.

A man who had loved and lost, once each, was scared to try twice. But he knew Zhin would not hurt him. He knew she'd be here as long as she could be; living in the South had seemed detrimental to Meera's health though, so if they were to go further, his first step would be to leave the 'Tribe. Chiyo had always wanted to explore as well.

With this solution settled firmly in his heart, he got up to get ready for bed. He couldn't ask Zhin to stay here anyway; she was free, and would go where she wished. That much was apparent; Chiyo needed to see the world as well. There was no downside to this decision--but he was getting ahead of himself.

Am I? he asked himself as he laid down upon the covers of his bed once more, bare chested. She kissed me. She obviously cares. I know how I feel for her. Chiyo couldn't be happier with this blossoming development. Perhaps I'm not moving too quickly after all, he sighed, closing his eyes with thoughts still running rampant in his over-active imagination.

Back to top Go down
Zhin Lyautey
Zhin Lyautey

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Meeting of Multiple Cultures   The Meeting of Multiple Cultures - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 9:22 pm

Zhin Lyautey

"And you as well." she smiled in response to his remark. "Goodnight." her hand met her cheek shortly after they had turned away from each other, and an adorable little pink blush crept into her cheeks as she closed the door behind her.
As she closed the door behind her, she sighed, leaning against the wall, a nearly overwhelming mix of emotions surging through her. She removed her coat, shoes, and pants, leaving her socks and shirt on. Zhin did not mind pants, but there were times when she was alone that she simply preferred them off. This was one of those times.

She was not quite ready for bed, and so she lit one of the lamps at the desk and decided to sketch a few things, musing as she did, not really sure what she was sketching just yet--just drawing the outline of something and letting her mind flow to decide where it went from there.

"I would say that it almost feels like an obligation, but I would be lying to myself as if I was trying to find a way out of it." she mused. "It is anything but that. I do not want to leave them, and they do not want me to leave. I could tell by the way they acted that they reciprocate their feelings towards me. Chiyo adores me. Akiyo clearly loves me... and I love them. I could see a bright future with her under my wing and with him by my side... perhaps I am fantasizing about it too much? I don't know."

She was sort of only vaguely paying attention to what she was drawing the way that one would vaguely pay attention to the words they were reading in a boring textbook while plainly seeing them. It was only after her internal thinking was over, that she began to realize what she was doing.

Her picture depicted a couple; both rather tall, although the man's forehead was a bit higher than the woman's. in front of them a little to the man's right was a younger girl--probably teenage in appearance. She recognized them instantly, honestly a bit surprised at what she had drawn.

"perhaps this is my subconscious telling me what to do next." she exclaimed mentally, "I... yes. I think it is clear now. I do not think that decisions should be made so rapidly... just that this is something of a life-changing one that I need to think about. Haven't I thought about it enough though?"

Sure enough, the picture depicted Zhin, Akiyo, & Chiyo. Their poses were basic, almost like a practice sheet, but it was still clear what she had been mentally envisioning while her main conscious mind had not really captured it.

Nodding in approval, she left it on the desk, thinking little of who might have seen it the next morning, and then finished undressing and changing into the pajamas Chiyo had left her. Putting out the lamp and crawling into bed, Zhin closed her eyes and was asleep rather quickly, lovely thoughts of this wonderful little family going through her head.

The next morning had roused Zhin with the rise of the sun. Firebender blood had that effect, even if she was not one. So perhaps a better description would be to say that Fire Nation blood had that effect. Either way, Zhin was awake, although like most normal human beings, it took her a while of stirring and groaning before she was actually getting up. She was not sure where Akiyo and Chiyo were, but she figured that they had not gone anywhere this early. They might not have even been up.

Link:

Back to top Go down
Akiyo
Staff Admin
Akiyo

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Meeting of Multiple Cultures   The Meeting of Multiple Cultures - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 9:53 pm

Akiyo Tenshi

Chiyo had, unsurprisingly, been the first to rise that day--she usually was. With having to prepare breakfast so that her father would actually eat before going to work, it was something she had done for most of her life. Sometimes she wished she could enjoy what remained of her childhood, but she resented her father for nothing. She was just a little girl who had grown up too fast.

She sat upon her bed for a moment, braiding her impossibly long hair down her back; it was nowhere near elaborate, merely out of the way. Her white pajamas were thick and warm, though the arms were bare as were the legs up to mid-thigh.

Not bothering to change, she crept downstairs quietly, lighting the stove and turning on a few lamps so she could cook. Breakfast was simple enough in this home, nothing too elaborate. Making a tortilla-like bread (called roti) was easy as she put it on the flat pan; it puffed up like a balloon and she did this until there was a nice little stack of them.

Then she made eggs; scrambled and sunny-side up, with the yolk still runny. She and her dad liked it that way but she wasn't so sure about Zhin--so she went a little traditional with hers. Juice was easy, and she left it for later, as she could hear stirring from upstairs.

She assumed it was Zhin, because it was extremely early. She boiled water quickly enough, setting some leaves on top of the steaming water. They darkened as they absorbed the water, then sunk to the bottom. The water gradually began to get darker. Taking a tray, she carried it up to Zhin's door; it was laid with some morning biscuits, sugar, and cream, as well as the pot of tea and a mug.

She rapped on it softly, not wanting to wake her father. Zhin let her know to enter, and she opened the door with a smile, the tray across her arms. "G'morning Zhin," she said cheerfully, setting the tray on the table. She saw the drawing, but made no remark, although mentally she was squealing with joy.

"Did you sleep alright? You weren't cold or anything, were you?" she asked, turning and sitting at the foot of Zhin's bed with an excited smile. Her father would not be stirring for the next ten minutes or so, which would give the food downstairs time to cool.

Back to top Go down
Zhin Lyautey
Zhin Lyautey

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Meeting of Multiple Cultures   The Meeting of Multiple Cultures - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 11:18 pm

Zhin Lyautey

Zhin was used to sleeping in something different than what Chiyo had left for her, but in the end, she was okay with it. Besides... it might be more acceptable than what she usually wore. Something about her own body heat and being snugly comfortable made her stay wrapped in her blankets for a while.

Eventually she got up, rubbing her eyes, sort of pondering everything that had happened the night before. What a wonderful evening it had been. she certainly did not look as classy as she did the night before, but such was to be expected. She had some slight bedhead, and her makeup was gone. however, that was just a little blush and some eyeshadow, and so she did not look too much different than usual.

She was showing a bit more skin than usual. normally she slept in just socks and a shirt, which would be fine to show off if she wasn't in her underwear as well. this time though, she had the short shorts and the tanktop, courtesy of Chiyo. They were a little smaller on her than on their original owner due to the slight difference in size, but not enough to be a problem.

She went back to her drawing, this time to color it. it made her smile and think about what had happened yesterday.
"I always thought that certain things could not happen in such a short time." she mused, "but this proved me wrong altogether. Perhaps it was fate playing its hand in my life, or perhaps it was something else beyond a divine coincidence. At the same time though, why would I want to fight it when it is exactly what I want? that would be silly."

She could soon smell the scent of cooking food, and figured that Chiyo was awake. She was the cook, after all. moments later, she heard a knock at the door.
"come in." she said softly, and was greeted by a similarly-dressed Chiyo.
"Good morning." she smiled upon seeing her. She was about to get up and move her artwork, but it was already off to one side, and so as Chiyo placed the tray down, she might not have noticed the image that was sitting on top, which was the one she had colored just recently from sketching last night.

"I slept wonderfully." she smiled, "I wasn't cold at all. I still am pretty warm, even like this." she indicated her state of dress, which showed off her arms and plenty of her legs, as well as her feet and hands. Perhaps it was something about the Fire Nation blood in her again, but she was not sure if that applied to nonbenders or not.

"Thank you, by the way." she motioned towards the food. "how are you doing on this fine morning?"
Mood: Slightly Groggy, but well
Link:

Back to top Go down
Akiyo
Staff Admin
Akiyo

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Meeting of Multiple Cultures   The Meeting of Multiple Cultures - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 9:50 pm

Akiyo Tenshi

Zhin, as always, was in a good mood. She looked cute in the pajamas, her legs as pale as her face. Chiyo seemed a little fascinated by the color; those in the 'Tribes just weren't usually pale. Her hair looked cute, though obviously the pillows had played with it a little; she barely noticed the absence of makeup.

Zhin's mood seemed to improve Chiyo's a lot, and she flicked her thick, long braid over her shoulder. "I'm glad you slept well, really, I am. I'm doing great, thanks. If you want, you can drink that tea there and get ready for the day, or you could go downstairs and eat. Breakfast is still a little hot though, so be careful." Chiyo smiled, before standing to go.

"I'm going to wake my dad, but I'll meet you down there. The man doesn't know how to wake up on his own, I swear, and he's nearing forty," Chiyo chuckled, exiting the room but leaving the door open. She crossed the hallway quickly enough, knocking on her father's door twice before opening it and entering.

He was stirring, but not quite up. Opening the curtains to let what little hazy light there was outside in, she plopped down next to him, poking his ribs. "Lazy bones, lying in the sun, never get a day's work done," Chiyo sang with a smile. "Time to rise and shine. Breakfast is downstairs, and I made tea," Chiyo said cheerfully.

Akiyo sat up a little groggily, tickling Chiyo's sides. She ran away giggling, running back to the kitchen to make juice and more tea. He groaned, stretching, tossing the covers off and going into the bathroom to wash his face; drying off with a towel, he made his way downstairs.

He was barefoot and bare-chested; his pajamas (a pair of loose pants) seemed to be made of the same warm fabric as Chiyo's, though they were striped with gray and white. He wondered briefly how Zhin was doing with a smile, moving a little quicker so he could see her sooner.

Mood: Happy

Back to top Go down
Zhin Lyautey
Zhin Lyautey

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Meeting of Multiple Cultures   The Meeting of Multiple Cultures - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 11:34 pm

Zhin Lyautey

Zhin chuckled. "I'm sure you are lying through your teeth when you say that about how I slept, Chiyo." she teased, figuring that surely a girl as sharp as Chiyo would get, based on Zhin's tone, that the older woman was completely joking when she said this. "although... you did make me breakfast... thank you for that."
This part was said sincerely. Then again, Zhin made it very easy to tell when she was joking and when she was serious. "I'll have at this tea then and be down in a few minutes when breakfast is ready. Thank you again." She smiled.

As Chiyo went to go wake up her father, Zhin sat down to enjoy the delightfully warm cup of tea, musing as she often did when alone.
"I love Chiyo. What else is there to say about the girl? She complements Akiyo in many wonderful ways, and the two combined just make me love their family all that much more.I don't even know how I could have doubted anymore."

Zhin's only other preparation was brushing out her bedhead so that it would not get permanently tangled. Otherwise, she felt that Chiyo would not have given her these pajamas if it would have made Akiyo feel awkward.
...or perhaps that was what she DID have in mind.
"I guess I will see." she thought to herself.

Soon she descended the stairs, without any makeup or very much clothing. The pajamas were the same size as Chiyo's (to be expected given their owner), although showed a little more of Zhin off only because of their slight height difference. She had thought about getting dressed, but being the perfectionist she was, that would mean several more minutes doing her makeup and her hair and making sure she smelled pretty and getting her clothes back on and everything else. Her makeup was minimal, of course, just the occasional blush and that purple eyeshadow that she particularly enjoyed--she did not ever apply it excessively, as she was content with her natural beauty.

"not that I think he would be opposed to it or anything, but perhaps it's best to see me underneath the classy looks and fancy clothes. there is no need to hide who I am."

By the time Akiyo showed up, Zhin was already downstairs, seated at the table as Chiyo brought over breakfast. She was still in the shorts and the tanktop amply showing off her pale arms and most of her legs. her pajamas, however, were a light shade of pink that seemed to match her.

Upon seeing Akiyo, she waved, grinning not necessarily shamelessly, but at least happily, for sure. "Hey, look who decided to finally wake up?" she giggled, winking at Chiyo visibly enough for Akiyo to notice.
Condition: Well-Rested ^.^
Link:

Back to top Go down
Akiyo
Staff Admin
Akiyo

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Meeting of Multiple Cultures   The Meeting of Multiple Cultures - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 11:53 am

Akiyo Tenshi

Akiyo smiled upon seeing Zhin seated, though her pale limbs did intrigue him. He tried not to stare, and kissed Chiyo on the forehead. "Hey, look who decided to finally wake up?" Zhin laughed, and Akiyo's smile widened at the wink to Chiyo.

The young earthbender grinned in return, slapping her father's bare arm playfully. He put his guard up, jabbing Chiyo lightly in the stomach and arms, before sitting at the table beside Zhin. His bare chest was flat and lightly muscled, with a small spray of chest hair across his pecs.

"I trust you slept well?" he asked her conversationally as Chiyo placed eggs, roti, and juice upon the table and seating herself a few moments after Akiyo had.

"Daaaaaaddddddd....." Chiyo interrupted, her voice slightly pleading and whiny. He looked over at her with knowledge of what was about to happen glinting in his bright blue eyes.

"Yeeeesssssss?" He responded, mimicking her tone.

"Can I stay home from school today to spend time with Zhin while you work? Pleeeeeeaaaaaasseee?" Chiyo begged, her expression pleading. Akiyo chuckled in response, shaking his head.

"She'll be here when you get back," Akiyo said, before glancing at her. "I hope." He added softly, and Chiyo grumpily began to scarf down her eggs before skipping up the stairs to get ready for school. She knew staying home was a long shot, and her father was perfectly correct; Zhin probably wasn't going anywhere.

Back to top Go down
Zhin Lyautey
Zhin Lyautey

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Meeting of Multiple Cultures   The Meeting of Multiple Cultures - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 3:51 pm

Zhin Lyautey

Zhin could not help but check out Akiyo's form. Maybe it was just her in her oddities, but she seemed to think that people tended to still look pretty good when just getting out of bed. Her parents used to joke about that to her when she was younger. Perhaps that was why she used very little in the way of cosmetics ever--just the occasional blush (her parents and friends also teased that she did this well enough already), and her trademark purple eyeshadow.

She could sort of tell that he was trying not to stare at her, which meant that this was a two-way street.
"I'd be a hypocrite to call him on it though... I am doing the very same thing! I think I am beginning to better understand what the curse of good looks actually means now, dang it."

she nodded, slightly relieved that they had a subject now instead of the potentially awkward silence that they might have otherwise faced.
"I did. Thank you again for your hospitality. the room was cozy and I was very comfortable."
She was not generally one to flatter someone, but she was a an honest and down-to-earth woman, and when she thanked someone or said she liked something, she would always explain why. When one was a designer and a mathematician, there was always a need to explain one's reasoning as to how one came to a particular conclusion. That was Zhin's mindset anyways.

she giggled softly at the conversation between the two. Yes, if she had a child like that, she would be nice about it, but wouldn't let it be an excuse to let them stay home from school... so she chuckled at Akiyo's verdict.
"I'll be here." she promised Chiyo, which was also indirectly promising Akiyo the same thing. As Chiyo quickly ate, Zhin began to do the same, although she ate at a much slower and polite pace. That was simply a result of her upbringing. Moreover, she had nowhere to be--her work was freelance, and so she would simply seek out contracts and the likes when she needed a little extra income. Right now though, she was on vacation anyways, so she wasn't worried about that.

She was curious to see what they wore to school in the Water Tribes, but she'd see for herself when Chiyo came back down. When she did, Zhin also planned to give her a hug goodbye. If either of them thought it was improper of her, she was sure they'd let her know. Otherwise, she saw it as a near-family-like gesture.

shortly after Chiyo darted up the staris, Zhin cast a gentle smile at Akiyo.
"Goofy kid," she snapped her head towards the stairs for a moment, flipping some of her bangs in the process, "I like her."
This was obviously not a romantic form of like. That was for Akiyo, and so while she did not say it, there seemed to be some kind of indicator in her eyes about it...
Although it did not last too long, for a few moments later Zhin heard footsteps from the stairs, which she knew would be Chiyo... whom Zhin owed a hug before she left for school.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Akiyo
Staff Admin
Akiyo

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Meeting of Multiple Cultures   The Meeting of Multiple Cultures - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 10:20 pm

Akiyo Tenshi

Akiyo noted the Zhin's giggle with a smile, and was relieved at Zhin's reassurance that she would be here. Chiyo hurried upstairs and Akiyo began to eat as well, albeit a little faster than Zhin as he had to get to work.

"Goofy kid," Zhin said with a smile. "I like her." And Akiyo smiled.

"Well, I'm glad, because she absolutely adores you," he insisted with a small chuckle.

As he put his plate in the sink, and refilled his glass of juice Chiyo bounded down the stairs in her school clothes. A skirt made of thick black cashmere reached her knees, with thick white leggings underneath. They were lined on the inside with leopard seal skin. Brown fur boots went halfway up her calves, the tops of her blue wool socks visible.

For the top, a blue cashmere top lined with silver silk was tucked into the black cashmere. White fur trim lined the edges of her clothing. Her hair was done in a high ponytail, the ends of it reaching her lower back. A silver colored parka was in her arms, and a leather backpack hung from one shoulder.

"I'm ready," she said, flashing a white smile at Zhin before turning to her father. "Hey, so after school, Saruki and I were going to go skating with some other kids from our class. I'll be done when you're off of work... and I was thinking maybe Zhin could come along?"

She said the last part in a rush, looking at Zhin as she mentioned her. Akiyo eyed her critically for a moment. "Some "other kids" from your class? And who would these other kids be?"

"Um... well, Anita and Nahmine," Chiyo shrugged. Akiyo continued to look at her suspiciously before glancing out at the sky.

"Fine. I want you home twenty minutes before I'm off of work though. We're going to be late though, so let's go," he said, indicating that it was time to leave.

He then looked at Zhin. "Would you like to go with us?"

[/color]
Back to top Go down
Zhin Lyautey
Zhin Lyautey

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Meeting of Multiple Cultures   The Meeting of Multiple Cultures - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 11:21 pm

Zhin Lyautey

Zhin smiled up at Akiyo. "I'm sure the feeling is more or less mutual then." she reassured him, for it certainly was. Zhin did not even have to try and make that sound better, because this was fully true.
"I have heard various things about marrying someone who has been married before..." she mused to herself, "some good; others bad. those with children of their own already tend to either make or break it... with Chiyo... she definitely makes it. I am not one that would let something like that get in the way anyways, but it's even better to know that I won't have to try and adapt to "make things work" or something anyways. I feel like fate couldn't have blessed me more."

upon noticing Chiyo, Zhin sprang up and gave Chiyo a big hug. her clothes reminded Zhin of the ones from the Fire Nation, except they were obviously more geared towards the cold climate of the tribes, as would be expected. as far as skin-showing went, they only difference was the knees. But such could be expected in the more tropical Fire Nation climes.

after the squeeze, Zhin sat back down, right as Chiyo began asking Akiyo a couple of questions. she turned her head back towards them when her name came up, suddenly taking greater interest than before. She hadn't ever been skating before, but she was nimble and light on her feet, as her self-defense training lessons had taught her to be.

"I am okay with going." she nodded approvingly. "although before I go anywhere, I guess I would have to get dressed for the day, yes?"
Even if Zhin wasn't such a modest and classy girl, the cold climates would force her to bundle up a little bit.
"how much time do we have? I can hurry if I need to."
Zhin could be ready in about 15 minutes if she rushed it, since she had already combed out her hair earlier that morning, and the only makeup she would add would bee that eyeshadow. Otherwise, her regular clothes would do just fine, with maybe an extra parka and a pair of gloves for better-protected warmth against the frigid temperatures that awaited them outside the house.

"I have not been here very long and already I feel very at home and among friends and loved ones. Just because I am nearly 28 years old does not mean that I cannot enjoy some of the small and simple aspects of life like I did when I was Chiyo's age. I will do this, and I will regret nothing."
There was a bit of silly side showing in Zhin again when she said this in her mind. Besides, she had already said aloud that she was game for going with them. What this entailed as far as things they did... she would find out. She had also noticed Akiyo's protective tone when he asked who exactly Chiyo would be going with, but she would have expected that, as she would be likely very similar. She already cared deeply for Chiyo's well-being, and had always told herself that she would always encourage any of her children to make sure they associated with the right kinds of people. If she and Akiyo were soon to be married, that would make Chiyo Zhin's daughter, which was just another good reason why Zhin felt that caring about Chiyo was the right thing to do.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Akiyo
Staff Admin
Akiyo

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Meeting of Multiple Cultures   The Meeting of Multiple Cultures - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 1:04 pm

Akiyo Tenshi

Chiyo grinned when Zhin hugged her, and she held on happily. Zhin was becoming Chiyo's favorite person ever. She then went and sat back down, while she sweated about not being allowed to go. Kajuri was going to be there too... and he was so cute! [Lol at Chiyo's girlhood.]

"I am okay with going. although before I go anywhere, I guess I would have to get dressed for the day, yes?" Zhin said, nodding. Akiyo couldn't help but smile.

"You can go get dressed and I'll grab you a parka, okay?" Chiyo said with a smile, dashing back towards the stairs but instead of running up them, she opened a small cupboard underneath. Shuffling sounds could be heard as Chiyo searched.

"how much time do we have? I can hurry if I need to." Zhin asked, and Akiyo ruffled her hair lovingly.

"It takes about five minutes to get Chiyo to school, so you should have twenty-ish minutes." He said with a smile. "I should probably put a shirt on..." he noticed, realizing that he had not gotten ready for the day either.

Back to top Go down
Zhin Lyautey
Zhin Lyautey

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Meeting of Multiple Cultures   The Meeting of Multiple Cultures - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 4:33 pm

Zhin Lyautey

Zhin was fine with taking a little extra time in the hug. She could see the admiration in Chiyo's movements and emotions, and figured that it basically went unsaid. Hers was the same way, although she would probably have to rank her as #2 because of Akiyo's existence. Even if this was the case, however, they were probably only an Iota or two apart altogether.

"I could squeeze her for hours and probably have no remorse. Either way, I've made up my mind enough that I plan to do this more. Maybe I'll ruffle her hair a bit too... after school though. I wouldn't want to have undone her early-morning efforts."
Of course, she would feel the same way, and so was basically just thinking about the golden rule there. if she was home for the day or not doing anything formal, she didn't mind a good hair-ruffling. It was how her friend Bolin used to show friendly affection when they were younger, although he'd also sometimes tease her with it. Zhin was a sweetheart though, and liked being a giver, so to speak.

Nodding at both Chiyo and then Akiyo, Zhin smiled. "it looks like we have everything sorted out then."
glancing back at Akiyo, and taking in his half-dressed form again for a brief but glorious moment, but nodded once again at his remark.
"twenty minutes should do me just fine." she smiled. As pretty as she was, her morning preparations were minimal. After a quick bath she would simply comb her wavy hair just to get any tangles out of it, and then apply a bit of makeup to her eyelids and occasionally her cheeks. It was a simple form of preparation, for Zhin was very down-to-earth in her lifestyle. It was perhaps this trait that had made her and Bolin become friends so many years ago, and it seemed to be this selfsame trait that had helped her click spectacularly with Akiyo and Chiyo.

"I suppose I will get dressed now," she indicated, giving Chiyo a hug and stealing a light peck on Akiyo's cheek. "I should be ready within about 15 minutes or so."
Assuming there was nothing else she needed to ask or know about, she returned up the stairs to her room, where she gave herself a quick shower before sprucing up and dressing up for the day. She descended the stairs once again in her red and brown clothing that she was so familiar with, although donned some water tribe 'adornments' (gloves and the hooded parka that Chiyo had pulled out for her). She figured that Akiyo would have gone to get ready while Zhin had done the same, and so she would either now be waiting for him, or he would have waited for her as she finished dressing herself for the occasion. She looked around, putting her hands together, and then smiled.
Link:

(OOC--let me know if that last paragraph is unclear)
Back to top Go down
Akiyo
Staff Admin
Akiyo

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Meeting of Multiple Cultures   The Meeting of Multiple Cultures - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 12:35 am

Akiyo Tenshi

The parka Chiyo had found for Zhin was a pretty light grey color, trimmed in a soft lavender purple. It was slightly too big for the small woman, but only by an inch or two. She thought it would go well with Zhin's personality, not to mention her pretty purple eyeshadow.

She also had some warm white gloves for her, trimmed in grey; there were some extra boots in the cupboard under the stairs as well, but she opted not to hand those over. The snow wasn't quite so thick nor deep that the heavy-duty boots were necessary. Chiyo sat at the bottom of the stairs, waiting for her parents (for she had adopted Zhin as a mother-type figure already) and humming to herself.

Akiyo descended first, pulling on his deep blue and grey parka and black gloves. "You ready?" he asked his blossoming daughter. She smiled, pulling on her own silver school parka; the school crest was knitted over the right breast, a myriad of black, silver, blue, and gold.

The pair waited by the door for Zhin. They could hear her shuffling above, and within moments had appeared at the foot of the stairs. Chiyo gave her the gloves and the parka, and after Zhin had put them on, she looked around and smiled.

Akiyo went through the lower level of the house to ensure that the stove was not lit and the lamps were all out. Once he had done so, he went to open the door, looking back at the girls to make sure they were heading out as well. "Well, are we all bundled up? Warm? Then let's get going."

Back to top Go down
Zhin Lyautey
Zhin Lyautey

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: The Meeting of Multiple Cultures   The Meeting of Multiple Cultures - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 2:00 am

Zhin Lyautey

As she usually did when she bathed and got dressed for the day, Zhin pondered recent events and the likes. She was a thinker, especially when it came to the things she drew or designed. She viewed her life the same way, seeing it as something that could be designed and mapped out. Some things were tested, and if plans did not work out, she would backtrack and work around those issues until she found a method that could be considered successful. Error was rare however, due to her planning, but Zhin was not perfect.

"recently I have found myself quite attached to the Water Tribes. Am I attached to the region, the culture, the people... or is it simply the charm of Akiyo and Chiyo that keeps me here, wishing to plant my feet? It is not like I cannot travel if I wish, and as much as I love my parents I do not see a need to move back in with them. I am a grown woman. I can fend for myself. It is good to have family as a crutch, but I am doing well enough as things stand."

"but even then... it seems that with every passing hour I find myself growing more attached to Akiyo and Chiyo. I would say that Chiyo's fondness of me is compelling enough, but the more I try to sort it out, the more it seems that I feel the same way for her... like I would be sad if she were the one leaving instead of me... the same goes with Akiyo too of course. I wonder how bold it is for me to genuinely consider that I might wind up marrying him? It is a choice that I would say yes to if it presented itself for sure... Mm... perhaps my decision is clearer than I thought? I cannot say I would complain."

Soon, however, she was done getting dressed and met Akiyo and Chiyo on the main floor. She donned the gloves and the parka; her own shoes were sturdy, as Zhin did a lot of walking, and since the heavy-duty boots were apparently not necessary this time, Zhin was okay with going the way she was.

As she did up the parka, she nodded at the two with a smile, stepping towards them and ruffling Chiyo's hair playfully the way a parent would do to a child (but not enough to mess it up. That level of hair-ruffling would be reserved for after school)
"Warm and cozy indeed." she affirmed, "let us go then?"
she was observant of both of their moods and expressions, and it reminded her of an old phrase she had once heard.
"when you hate someone, you eventually start to hate nigh everything they do and say. however... when you truly love someone, the same effect occurs, and you end up falling in love with nearly everything they do and say."

With that, she followed them outside. She was going to let them lead of course, since they knew where they were going, and Zhin was still relatively new to the tribes. Her observant behavior did not cease though, and she paid special attention to Chiyo's behavior, incidentally. She felt that she understood Akiyo's a bit better given that her feelings for him were mutual, but the rapidly developing parent-child bond between her and Chiyo was something that intrigued Zhin in all the right ways. Yes, it was definitely a very motivating reason for Zhin. Very motivating indeed.
Condition: Cozy
Link:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Meeting of Multiple Cultures   The Meeting of Multiple Cultures - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Meeting of Multiple Cultures
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2