The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Super Awesome Idea to Shake Up The Avatarverse?

Go down 
+4
Saitou
Nokomi
Tarek
Jianjun
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Jianjun
Jianjun

EXP : 400

Character Description
Position: Sell-Sword/Bounty Hunter
Nation: Fire Nation

Super Awesome Idea to Shake Up The Avatarverse? Empty
PostSubject: Super Awesome Idea to Shake Up The Avatarverse?   Super Awesome Idea to Shake Up The Avatarverse? EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 10:07 pm

So, I had this idea for a while now. However my brain checks out at the oddest times, and so I'll just paste what I said from the cbox onto here:

[22:53:24] Jianjun : You know what I thought would have been cool? If there was an rp theme, where the EK were the bad guys. Seriously, the Dai Li were the shit, and Long Feng's technique of brainwashing people into war machines? Genius.

[22:54:11] Jianjun : And that man was power hungry, the EK is numerous. Imagine if they turned on the world and became consumed with grandeurs of power or some other reason, and started brainwashing people? That'd just be...scary and fun as hell.

Get the gist?

Here's another still:

[23:01:30] Jianjun : EK's rise to power, brainwashing people into battle machines, serpent diplomats, infiltrating the alliances and assassinating officials.....but no one can figure out who the leader is.
[23:01:32] @ Zulera : https://lastairbender.rpg-board.net/f39-plotting
[23:01:33] @ Zulera :
[23:01:48] @ Zulera : dood.
[23:01:57] @ Zulera : that could lead to EK civil war.
[23:02:04] Jianjun : You guys actually read the suggestion things?
[23:02:10] Jianjun : AND IT WOULD SHAKE THINGS UP AND BE AWESOME.
[23:02:22] @ Zulera : Meili is the type who only resorts to extremes when she sees fit.
[23:02:36] Jianjun : And it'd be an actual challenge for our Avatar, ESPECIALLy if she has a creepy ass encounter and is almost brainwashed for "The Cause"
[23:02:40] @ Zulera : but if she saw her kingdom starting to go all warmongering on her, she';d go to extreme measures, including fighting fire with fire, to keep it safe
[23:02:46] @ Zulera : LOL
[23:02:53] @ Zulera : Zulera would fall prey to it so easily. xD
[23:03:12] @ Zulera : "I'm in!"
[23:03:18] Jianjun : Nah. Zai would come in an save her. But it'd solidfy her resolve to get to the bottom of whats going on and stop it.

If I wasnt so dead tired I'd actually explain this, but do you guys get it though? I think it would be a killer idea. Even encompassing the spirit of the cartoon we love so much. AND, it would get so much involved and be potential for....many side plots for our members and stuff!

P.S:

I'm willing to play a deranged character. And I mean either of Azula's or Longfeng's or even Amon's calibre. I've got cards up my sleeves....

Just need people to play. >:3
Back to top Go down
Tarek
Superb Member
Tarek

EXP : 11135
Birthday : 1992-06-29

Character Description
Position: Fire Lord

PostSubject: Re: Super Awesome Idea to Shake Up The Avatarverse?   Super Awesome Idea to Shake Up The Avatarverse? EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 8:45 am

I like the sounds of this. So I will reinforce Hun's case since I am really bored and have nothing to do right now XD. I like this for a number of reasons:

1: Obviously, big events like wars are great for character development, provide many, great Rping opportunities, and they encourage people to stay active.

2: It's different from the traditional "Fire Nation always starts the war" approach.

3: I like the brainwashing idea. It could be that something special that turns the tides and serves as the catalyst for the war or the cause in question. For Aang it was Sozin's comet, for Korra it was bloodbending. The brainwashing has the potential to cause interesting plot twists because people won't know who they can really trust. Even allied nations might become cautious of each other.

4: It will be a challenge. The Avatar is basically unstoppable and could stop 'normal' wars quite easily (just glow it up), but fighting a secretive war (Jianjun : EK's rise to power, brainwashing people into battle machines, serpent diplomats, infiltrating the alliances and assassinating officials.....but no one can figure out who the leader is.) is another matter entirely.

If I had to add anything suggestions to this, it would be:

1: That there should be a *clear* method of reversing or undoing the brainwashing. I doubt many RPers would let or want their characters be brainwashed otherwise. (Of course it doesn't have to be easy to get cured, but there should be a way to do it)

2: I think an EK split would be interesting during the civil war. For example the conspirators take Ba Sing Se, and seize power, but the Earth People who oppose the new order relocate and set up in Gaoling or Omashu as a clear opposition to the new enemy. So the EK gets split into two or something of the like and people can choose to help either side then.

Well that's enough rambling from me, just my two cents on the matter Razz

P.S.

I am willing to create and a play a character for the other side as well as well. Be it deranged, brainwashed, mad scientist etc XDD
Back to top Go down
Nokomi
Staff Admin
Nokomi

EXP : 2700
Birthday : 1996-03-21

Character Description
Position: Murderess

PostSubject: Re: Super Awesome Idea to Shake Up The Avatarverse?   Super Awesome Idea to Shake Up The Avatarverse? EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 10:09 am

I like what I'm seeing; you have my characters at your disposal, as well as a possible creation for another.

I'd write more, but I don't have much to input; you guys have this covered. This sounds extremely fun and exciting, so let's start this up, yeah?
Back to top Go down
Saitou
Saitou

EXP : 5875
Birthday : 1994-01-22

Character Description
Position: Escaped Slave

PostSubject: Re: Super Awesome Idea to Shake Up The Avatarverse?   Super Awesome Idea to Shake Up The Avatarverse? EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 11:07 am

I'll be taking part in this as well...hooked like a fish.
Back to top Go down
Daichi Takumi
Daichi Takumi

EXP : 2875

Character Description
Position: Assassin
Nation: Earth Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Super Awesome Idea to Shake Up The Avatarverse?   Super Awesome Idea to Shake Up The Avatarverse? EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 11:21 am

I'd also like to participate in some way, how could I resist? I'll create another character, if needs be.

Also, good to see you around Hun.
Back to top Go down
Hakota-Zai
Superb Member
Hakota-Zai

EXP : 4685
Birthday : 1993-10-01

Character Description
Position: Vagrant
Nation: Earth Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Super Awesome Idea to Shake Up The Avatarverse?   Super Awesome Idea to Shake Up The Avatarverse? EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 11:30 am

Already showed my support for this, but I'll also make sure Loki sees it, if he doesn't before I get to him. Will also try and bring this up in the staff boards. Thanks, Hun.
Back to top Go down
Loki
Staff Admin
Loki

EXP : 5815

Character Description
Position: Thief
Nation: Air Temples

PostSubject: Re: Super Awesome Idea to Shake Up The Avatarverse?   Super Awesome Idea to Shake Up The Avatarverse? EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 11:42 am

Sounds mega-fuggin cool. Let's do it!
Back to top Go down
Zulera
Elite Member
Zulera

EXP : 20825
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Avatar
Nation: Water Tribes

PostSubject: Re: Super Awesome Idea to Shake Up The Avatarverse?   Super Awesome Idea to Shake Up The Avatarverse? EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 12:14 am

I'm up for this idea. though, there would need to be some major planning, especially for what roles would be played by what characters. I've heard a myriad of things get said about various characters, but we'd have to get that cleared up if we want to get this thing off the ground.

I mean sure there are the obvious ones like the Avatar and the nation leaders, but there are also others that we would need to get involved. it should be a bit easier given that most of us active people have a myriad of characters and such... but this is the sort o detail that I'm OCD about. so let's rock it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Awesome Idea to Shake Up The Avatarverse?   Super Awesome Idea to Shake Up The Avatarverse? Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Awesome Idea to Shake Up The Avatarverse?
Page 1 of 1