The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rage in Paradise.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Saitou
Saitou

EXP : 5875
Birthday : 1994-01-22

Character Description
Position: Escaped Slave
Nation: Fire Nation

Rage in Paradise. Empty
PostSubject: Rage in Paradise.   Rage in Paradise. EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 5:33 pm

Mako sighed, staring up at the sky. Everything always seemed so peaceful here, so distant. It was a terrifying feeling, like if he stayed in one place too long, the world would fade into memory, and he would be forever lost on the island. He wondered if other people from the Fire Nation felt the same. Maybe they did, people like Azula. He shuddered, she would have been a nightmare to have met, He sat up slowly, staring out over the ocean, storm clouds were forming in the distance. 'That doesn't look good', he thought, rising to his feet, and turning back toward the hillside. As he walked, he began to wonder what had become of Rika, after how she abruptly ended everything, he had become increasingly curious as to why. He had given her no reasons to be in a rush to leave, nor had she presented any good reasons to leave in a rush. He had actually never considered that someone else may have been involved, but given how stressed he was already, feeling like he could lose himself on this island, his paranoid state fueled his curiousity. As he thought, the storm hit suddenly, going from calm, sunny conditions, to pouring rain, thunder, lightning, and hurricane class winds.

He sighed, a gust of wind blowing across his vision, soaking his clothes. He looked up, and shook his head, why did this kind of stuff always happen to him?

Mako stopped, he didn't hate the rain, he knew it was natural, but at the moment, he wished it was more than just water, he wanted something to attack, something to burn. He took off his shirt, and turned his face toward the sky, closing his eyes, he took his pose, and punched outward twice, producing two bright jets of flame, spinning on heel, and repeating it, the air around began to heat, and steam drifted about as his anger grew. This wasn't fair, he had been abandoned, no explaination, no reason. Jets of flame tore through the sky, illuminating the darkening landscape. Why was he the one to suffer this, why did he have to be the one who was miserable? He finally dropped to his knees, smashing his fists into the ground, panting heavily. "Why?", he asked himself.

Last edited by Mako Irion on Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Solei Norvia
Solei Norvia

EXP : 351

Rage in Paradise. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rage in Paradise.   Rage in Paradise. EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 4:23 pm

There was a soft barking in the distance, Solei's gaze was fixated out across the beautiful blue water to the storm clouds that were casting over them, hiding the sun. The soft rumble of thunder made her nervous, though. Solei hated thunder, not so much lightening, just the loud tremor of thunder always made her shudder. She frowned as a snow wolf-leopard handed her a stick and panted happily at his work, looking up at his mistress for her to throw it again. Solei did so carelessly, throwing it down the beach and hearing the loud barks of her companion chasing after it happily. He'd need a bath later...or else he'd stink for days.

She had already lost her boat, and so traveling was now a huge pain. But Solei had left the Southern water tribe to explore the world, and she'd be damned if she didn't. Especially after leaving everything, well, everything except for Bukk.

His pinched, leopard bone structed face was soaked from the spray of water, much to his distaste, though he seemed to still be enjoying himself. His sharp pointed ears were up and alert for noise, as his large pink tongue rolled out from his mouth lazily. His white fur was dark from the sand, only his black spots appearing through as his fuzzy, tail swished back and forth happily as he raced back to his Mistress and handed her the stick. He was panting, it was odd, this island. The sun was hidden and it was about to rain, yet it wasn't cold at all. Not even the wind was cold, it was a nice breeze though from the heat that seemed to still make Solei sweat in her attire.

Dropping the stick, Bukk glanced at it, a little unhappy the game was over before she turned and said, "C'mon, we better get you out of the rain, stinky." She said with a smirk, Bukk hated water and so she knew he'd be crying the moment it poured.

As they ran up the beach it appeared that they weren't the only one's on this side, the moment it poured she saw jets of fire. She blinked, her eyes wide as she held up a hand to keep the water from falling onto her. Bukk kept very close, letting out soft growls at the water as he waited for his Mistress to keep moving. But Solei's curiosity was taken by the sudden fire, and so she started moving towards the source. It didn't take a genius to know that it was a fire bender, so she dropped her hand and stopped bending, even more to Bukk's distaste, in case the Fire bender had been in agreement with Fire Lord Ozai's rule.

Hesitantly walking over to the man, she looked nervous as she looked at him. It wasn't that hard to tell he was angry, "Sir?" She calls out to him, her voice full of worry and concern for his well being.
Back to top Go down
Saitou
Saitou

Character Description

Rage in Paradise. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rage in Paradise.   Rage in Paradise. EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 5:03 pm

Mako glanced up, and straightened out instantly, dusting himself off. He let out a shaky sigh, and smiled weakly, "Yeah, fine...just...letting off a little steam.", he said. It was weak, and he knew it.

In the back of his mind, the question kept nagging, why? Why did they leave? Why are you so decidedly cursed with being alone? Why do women appear from nearly nowhere to check if you are alright? He sighed softly, "My name is Mako...", he said, offering his hand, "What's your name?"
Back to top Go down
Solei Norvia
Solei Norvia

Rage in Paradise. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rage in Paradise.   Rage in Paradise. EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 5:46 pm

"Yeah, fine...just...letting off a little steam." Nodding her head, she fidgeted with her blue gloves, they were soaked, the rain making her hair stick to her face as well. She wasn't certain if she just turned and left. Though with Bukk's ears as flat as they were with distaste and the soft growl that was coming from him it was obvious that he wanted to leave as well. "My name is Mako...", he said, offering his hand, "What's your name?"

She didn't hesitate to grab it in the traditional gesture of grabbing him up to his elbow in a firm, but gentle enough for him to pull free if he wanted. The action also made her step closer, much to Bukk's discomfort as he was protective of his Mistress, "Solei, it's nice to meet you." She gives him a soft smile, as it seemed that something was still on his mind, "I can leave...didn't mean to be a bother, was just...worried." She said giving a nervous grin and scratching the back of her head.
Back to top Go down
Saitou
Saitou

Character Description

Rage in Paradise. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rage in Paradise.   Rage in Paradise. EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 5:51 pm

Mako shook his head, and looked off at the sea. "No, it's fine. I feel better now." He didn't really, but he didn't really want to be alone either. "So, what brings you to Ember Island?", he asked. "Aside from the obvious benefit of typhoons, and a whole beaches as far as the eye can see?"

His heart wasn't in the conversation, in fact, he felt pretty down at the moment, but he buried it as well as he could.

Last edited by Mako Irion on Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Solei Norvia
Solei Norvia

Rage in Paradise. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rage in Paradise.   Rage in Paradise. EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 5:59 pm

She smiled gently at his attempt, but gave him the company he asked. If he wanted her to leave, she would. But Solei had never gotten the help she needed nor wanted, so she would give that help to others that needed or wanted it.

"Traveling, seeing the world," she explained with a smile, and then chuckled as she admitted, "I actually didn't expect it to be so stormy...Bukk and I started out just camping in the woods, but with all the storms, we upgraded to a small beach hut," she explains in embarrassment, blushing lightly. "And you?"
Back to top Go down
Saitou
Saitou

Character Description

Rage in Paradise. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rage in Paradise.   Rage in Paradise. EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 6:03 pm

Mako smiled, "Same, I just kinda wander where ever." He shrugged, "Been here more than a handful of times, it's never been quite so stormy." He looked down at his hands, "Let's see...Ba Sing Se, the Sun City Ruins...yeah, I get around."

He glanced at Bukk, but seemed indifferent toward it's distrust. He also showed no fear, which may have been due to his travels. "So, where are you from?"
Back to top Go down
Solei Norvia
Solei Norvia

Rage in Paradise. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rage in Paradise.   Rage in Paradise. EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 6:14 pm

She saw him look to Bukk, she looked down and scratched him behind the ear, though he only let out a groan of irritation as rain continued to pound on him. Solei grinned and patted his head, though Mako's question made her tense nervously. What did she say to that? What if he didn't like water benders? She knew she was just as bad as the ones that didn't like other benders by fearing that all fire benders were the same, but was it really wrong of her to think so? She knew the destruction and felt she had every right to be fearful.

"Ba Sing Se," She said, the slightest hesitation in her voice but she gave a grin in an attempt to hide it before quickly asking him the same question, "Yourself? If you say the Fire Nation Capital, I'll be jealous." She said with a smile, and she would be. It was the one place she didn't dare travel to in fear that she revealed herself and ran into the wrong crowd, it was always that possibility.
Back to top Go down
Saitou
Saitou

Character Description

Rage in Paradise. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rage in Paradise.   Rage in Paradise. EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 6:22 pm

Mako didn't really notice her reaction to the question, but he definately didn't think she was an earthbender. They enjoy toiling in the earth, and her hand was far too soft for that kind of work. He smiled, nonetheless, she had her reasons, "Yeah...born there...but I had to leave...it wasn't my place, too fast paced..." He closed his eyes, "I still haven't gotten the chance to see the Water Tribes...though I am sure I wouldn't be welcome anyway."

He shrugged, opening his eyes, and looking up, "The past wrongs of the Fire Nation drive fear deep into their hearts...I think it's too deep to be healed...even by the passing of time."
Back to top Go down
Solei Norvia
Solei Norvia

Rage in Paradise. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rage in Paradise.   Rage in Paradise. EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 7:20 pm

Opening her mouth, Solei thought of confessing, but she certainly would feel bad if she did now. What if he got more mad and stormed off? That's not what she wanted, she fidgeted and said in a small voice, "I'm certain not all would shun you out," she assures with a sad smile.

"I want to see the Capital badly, especially the Palace! I bet it's beautiful, especially at night," Solei grins, looking to him as though to confirm it. Could he remember that far back? He said he was born there, did he leave at a young age then?
Back to top Go down
Saitou
Saitou

Character Description

Rage in Paradise. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rage in Paradise.   Rage in Paradise. EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 8:37 pm

Mako shrugged, "Some might, but most would...I'd be shunned for my heritage...for what other firebenders have done...irrerable harm."

"It's just another building...like I said...I like the Earth Kingdom more..." He smiled, "But yeah...it's beautiful..."
Back to top Go down
Solei Norvia
Solei Norvia

Rage in Paradise. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rage in Paradise.   Rage in Paradise. EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 10:01 pm

Solei still couldn't gain the courage to tell him she was a water bender. Still couldn't manage the courage to admit that she was one that judged every Fire bender out of fear that they would suddenly burn her alive. She had once thought it was a quick death, until one of the elders of her tribe had told her how even as her armed burned she could still smell her flesh burning off...Solei felt sick just thinking about it. And she felt ashamed that she was willing to help someone, yet here she stood quick to judge.

"W-would you like to come to our little beach hut," She offers, and then pats Bukk's head who shook in an attempt to get dry, though all he did was make his hair all spiky, "Bukk doesn't like water...and I don't much like thunder," she said and as though on cue, thunder clapped making her ball her fists nervously, a streak of lightening moved across the sky. She seemed unaffected by the actual dangerous part of the storm, but went on, "I'd like the company if you're still willing to endure me, and besides, shouldn't stay in the rain: you'll catch a cold." She explained with a soft smile, it was true, everything sh ehad just said was true. She'd enjoy Mako's company further, but she'd like to get dry as well and she could tell if she didn't do so soon, that Bukk would leave her, and she didn't want to have to endure the thunder storm all alone.
Back to top Go down
Saitou
Saitou

Character Description

Rage in Paradise. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rage in Paradise.   Rage in Paradise. EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 3:58 pm

Mako stood for a bit, watching Solei. He glanced back at her pet, that seemed all too eager to pounce on him if he showed any fear or hostility. He was not nervous, but it was definately uncomfortable. He smiled, and nodded, "Yeah."

He looked Solei in the eyes, then into Bukk's, "I don't have to endure you, I enjoy the company." He stretched his arms, looking up at the sky, "Lead the way.", he said, smiling again, visibly less tense.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rage in Paradise. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rage in Paradise.   Rage in Paradise. Empty

Back to top Go down

Rage in Paradise.
Page 1 of 1