The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Airbender: New Chapters RP - take a roleplay voyage through the world of The Last Airbender.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Healing Trust

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

EXP : 128130
Birthday : 1991-01-16

Character Description
Position: Nobody
Nation: Fire Nation

Healing Trust - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 2:55 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara nodded with a slight chuckle. "alright then. sorry to have it undone so... well, soon." she shrugged.
however, just as she did when Juri was healing her and when she was doing her hair up, Katara stood calmly and patiently. She seemed like a very quiet and surprisingly gentle person when her trauma was not getting in the way.

"I'm fine with sharing the bed. I don't take up much space." she chuckled, "and funny you mention that. I was just about to take the floor."
It was not out of a humility thing, but Katara had learned to sleep just about anywhere. She'd usually curl up like a dog or something.
Mood: Happy
Condition: Well
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

EXP : 12560

Character Description
Position: Story Collector
Nation: Water Tribes

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 3:03 pm

"It's alright," Jurishe answered, her voice light, still happy, "It won't take me too long to fix, tomorrow morning. Maintaining it is half the battle." Smiling, she began to hum, combing Katara's hair out once it's loose, now that it's fully dry. The curls bounce with each pull of the brush, keeping their shape almost perfectly, despite being pulled out over and over.

Then, in regards to the bed, "No need for either of us to sleep on the floor, then! It's been a while since I've gotten to sleep in a bed. To tell the truth... I was looking forward to it."
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 3:08 pm

Z. Katara Len

"oh... alright then." Katara smiled as her friend undid her hair for her. She quite appreciated such things, really--"girly" things, so to speak. It was something that she sort of longed for, not necessarily because of masculine influence in her life, but out of the simple lack of a decent childhood--though that was certainly not her family's fault.

Having keen ears though caused Katara to analyze the tune Jurishe was humming, before joining in a few moments later, her voice adding something of a harmony to it.
"sounds good to me..." she nodded, "yeah... it's been a while for me as well..."
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 3:17 pm

The song was Jurishe's favorite one, from her Tribe. It was her favorite story, really. If she were to sing - which she wouldn't, without musical accompaniment - the lyrics would tell the tale of the boy who fell in love with a girl, who would become the moon. It was one that she hummed often, however, especially when walking.

Finally, she retied Katara's hair, but this time about halfway down, just to keep it neatly together. "Is this okay?" She asks her friend, giving the ponytail a slight playful flip.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 3:24 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara was unfamiliar with the tune herself, or at least with the lyrics. She did find herself humming along and harmonizing though, as she appreciated music as well, not just the drums.

she chuckled softly as Jurishe gave Katara's ponytail a brief flip.
"yeah... that's fine with me." she shrugged. she was used to her hair being hopelessly messy, and so anything above that was a step up in her books.

"welp... I'ma hit the sack then." she remarked, stripping down to her top and shorts, although she kept those gloves of hers on. "thanks for everything again, by the way..."
She did not know which lamps were lit, as she was not even attuned enough to her element to sense the flames. and thus, without knowing how much light (or lack thereof) there was in the room, she was ready for sleep as is.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 3:35 pm

Jurishe quickly took care of the lamps, anyway, though she had to do it by hand, rather than with her bending. She stripped down as well, now only in her sarashi underclothes. Climbing into the bed, she smiled, giving her new friend's shoulder a light pat, "You're welcome... and thank you, too. Goodnight, Katara." With that, she was already drifting off to sleep; pleasantly tired from all that had happened that day.

True to her word, she wouldn't toss and turn, but she did occasionally murmur a few words in her sleep. That might be amusing, later!
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 3:44 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara smiled sweetly as her eyes closed again. she curled into a little ball, and also soon fell asleep like that.
She slept soundly, hardly even stirring, remaining in her little Katara-ball until morning.

The sun was sort of Katara's wake-up call, as it was for many firebenders, and so gradually, as it came up, Katara could feel the grasp of sleep loosening. during this phase of sleep is when Katara started babbling normally, and this time was no exception. She was saying nothing coherent, but she was starting to spread herself out in preparation of waking up and then the much more dauting task of actually getting up.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 3:50 pm

Katara likely would have been awake before Jurishe, as the latter certainly did not rise with the sun. Once it was well risen into the sky, she began her own process of waking up, which involved rolling out of bed, letting her hair down, and stumbling upright. It seemed that the better she slept, the harder it was for her to wake up; if she'd had a bad night, she could have jumped up, alert in an instant.

Wobbling over to her pack, she withdrew a wrapped package, undoing the ties with fumbling fingers. Once opened, it would reveal food of some kind; she offered it out to Katara first. "Breakfast?" her sleepy voice asked, the fog slowly clearing from her eyes. It appeared to be dried meat, of some kind...
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 3:57 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara woke up, but didn't get up and didn't get dressed either, as she felt that this would be a nice, lazy day. she did undo her ponytail for a moment just to let her hair fall behind her, now that there was no threat of it tangling from any nighttime movement. she spread herself out on the bed as much as she could without pushing Jurishe, although when her hand brushed up against her, Katara's fingers gently ran down her back, almost curiously. she rubbed her friend's back for a couple of minutes, not sure if she was awake, before getting up herself, only to plop down across the sofa again and rest while she waited for Jurishe to rise and shine.

Katara nodded at the offer of breakfast, sitting up. "aye... please indeed." she smiled gratefully. "how did you sleep?"
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 4:10 pm

"Better than I have in a while," She answers with a still-sleepy smile, "Sorry I slept so long... You look like you've been up for an hour, at least." Standing up from her pack, she stretches, popping her back as she does - she's always stiff when she first gets up.

Returning to the bed, Jurishe holds the packet of dried meat out toward her once again. It's salted very lightly and almost tastes like boiled komodo rhino; very chewy, too. Jurishe offers an explanation, "It's blubbered seal jerky."
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 4:13 pm

Z. Katara Len

"I took a nap." Katara chuckled, indicating the couch she was still half-sprawled over as she sat up. "don't worry. I would have slept in longer on the bed too if I could."
Katara approached the bed again, stretching and popping her knuckles and her neck again as she stretched for the morning.

"thanks." she smiled, taking the meat and beginning to eat it, "it tastes good enough for me."
She wasn't picky, and she had not been kidding about that. Just like last time, she expressed her gratitude, and was truly glad that she had made this lovely friend.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 4:19 pm

Her face fell almost immediately. "I'm sorry," She intoned quickly, waking up almost entirely, "Did I keep you awake? I didn't mean to..!" Maybe she didn't sleep as calmly as she thought she did.

As Katara took a piece of blubber seal jerky, Jurishe took a large piece, herself. Ripping a piece off with her teeth, she chews it thoughtfully for several moments, waiting for her friend to answer, ready to offer up more apologies, if she had been the one to keep her awake. She knew how it felt, to have your sleep disturbed by someone else.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 4:23 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara shook her head with a smile. "no... you slept soundly... I even rubbed your back for a while... I wasn't sure if you were awake or not. I woke up early because it's a firebender thing. we sort of instinctively rise with the sun... call it a curse if you will... at least during the summer.

Katara wolfed down the meat she was given, washing it down with some water, which Katara also seemed to enjoy drinking a lot of.
"Ahh... that was really good. thanks again." she added.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 4:27 pm

"Oh good," She relaxed visibly, "I mean - not that you wake up with the sun, but I'm glad that I didn't knee you in the back, or something..." Then, "No, I must've been fast asleep; I didn't feel you touching me at all."

Taking another piece of the jerky, she offers the pack back at Katara, "Another piece?" She had quite the appetite, herself; in fact, she ate more in the morning than any other time of the day.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 4:32 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara chuckled. "aye... I knew what you meant."
She was young, but she was smart, and it did not take much for her to figure out what people meant a lot of the time.
"oh..." she nodded. "well... your back is really soft." she chuckled. "I'd probably compliment your appearance or something if I could see. I'm sure you're really pretty too though."

she nodded, happily accepting what was handed to her. "aye. thank you again." she smiled, sinking her teeth into it again as she tore off pieces and chewed and swallowed them. Katara generally ate more in the evenings, but she was not against eating in the mornings either.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 4:39 pm

Jurishe smiled at her friend, for the compliment, "Thank you; that's something I don't get to hear often, at all." She means it completely in a good way, not condescending, with should be clear just from her voice, "I still wish my hair was as nice as yours... It's arrow-straight; doesn't even wave, let along curl like yours."

Reaching up to her now-loose hair, Jurishe pulls her fingers through it, experimentally. It isn't as fluffy as Katara's own, nor as silky. She sighed, then gave a small shrug and a laugh, "We all want something we can't have, as far as appearances go, right? Me wanting to change my hair is really stupid..."
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 4:43 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara chuckled with a shrug. "there's nothing wrong with straight hair... is there?" she didn't know, but had never assumed that there was. "I'm sure it's still really pretty."

she paused. "it's fine to long for something you don't have." she indicated. "there are plenty of times when I wish I could see again. there's nothing wrong with fantasizing... although even then, I bet your hair is still really pretty."
she reached a curious hand towards her, although was not sure if she was aiminf ro her hair or her face or shoulder or something.
"do you... do you mind if I...?" she asked. with the subject being on hair, it was clear where she was intending to go with that hand.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 4:49 pm

Rather than answer immediately, Jurishe gives her hair a flip so that it brushed against Katara's hand, making her feel at it; then she laughs. "Of course," She finally tells her friend, moving so that she's sitting with her back facing Katara, "I don't mind."

Her hair, when allowed to leave its clip, flowed straight down to about the middle of her back; while it seemed long now, if the curls left Katara's hair, hers would be longer that Jurishe's.
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 4:52 pm

Z. Katara Len

"alright..." Katara smiled, and began running her fingers through it curiously. straight hair was certainly different than curly hair, but Katara enjoyed the texture nonetheless. she also ocasionally touched her neck and shoulders.

"if I get too frisky, let me know." she blushed a little. "I... sometimes get carried away. curious and all..."
the reason for this curiosity was obvious--she was blind, and having not been blind her whole life, she was curious about how certain things looked nowadays, as well as new people, and sometimes, feeling them was the only real way she could effectively capture in her mind what she thought they looked like.
Condition: Rested
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 5:39 pm

Sitting passively while Katara felt her appearance, Jurishe allowed her eyes to shut, enjoying the sensation of her hair being brushed through. "You're fine," She assured her, truly believing that there was nothing to worry about, "I know this is the only way for you to 'see' what I look like."

Then, with a small laugh, "If it helps, my hair is brown and I'm naturally tan... my eyes are green and, for clothes, I like wearing blues and whites." Hesitating, she ventures, "Hopefully that gives you a little more of the picture?"
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 10:07 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara continued gently playing with Juri's hair in a careful, almost loving manner. it reminded her of what she used to do with her mother's hair, although Katara 1's hair was much messier--just like her daughter's.

Having not been blind her full life, Katara did remember colors, though her recollections seemed to be slowly growing more scarce. "I... aye. that does actually help my mental picture of you." she chuckled softly. her fingers, for she was only really feeling with her fingers and fingertips (since she still had those heavy gloves on) moved gently to underneath Jurishe's jawlines for a moment, and she seemed to be thinking for a moment.

Then, she smiled again. "just as I thought." she announced proudly.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 10:12 pm

"What was?" Jurishe asks, confused, slight apprehension in her voice. She carefully turns her head just a little, to try and look back at Katara, to see the other teen's expression.

She had never thought herself as much of a prize, nor a looker; she didn't crack mirrors, but she didn't bring any boys to the yard, either. No one had ever remarked on her beauty, except for her mother - but mothers were expected to say things like that. Jurishe tried not to be self-conscious, but it was difficult, at times.

Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 10:19 pm

Z. Katara Len

Katara still smiled. "well... it might not mean much coming from a blind girl... but I think you're really pretty. don't let anyone tell you differently."

There was at least one certainty with this unusual teen. She was stubborn--very stubborn. the fact that she refused to die earlier in her life was a testament to this strength, and the way that she was able to cope with the horrors that plagued her childhood meant that her will was strong. She was not sure how meaningful her words would be, but she wanted Jurishe to be confident about herself, despite Katara herself being a little self-conscious about herself due to her blindness.

she softly squeezed her shoulders with her fingers before pausing. "I didn't... say anything wrong, did I?"
Link:

Back to top Go down
Jurishe
Superb Member
Jurishe

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 10:23 pm

"No... not at all," Jurishe gave a smile, shaking her head again, so that her hair brushes at Katara's fingers, "Thank you, though, Katara - I'm glad that we met." Of course, the situation for their meeting wasn't ideal, but the outcome had been. She was looking forward to traveling with a friend, instead of alone.

Taking a deep breath, she turned back to look at Katara once again, "Well, other than going over to the market, was there anything else on the agenda for today?"
Back to top Go down
Katara
Superb Member
Katara

Character Description

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 10:31 pm

Z. Katara Len

"I... it feels good again to have someone close." she whispered, "thank you as well. I am very glad we met. I... I definitely needed it." she nodded appreciatively.

"my only plan was to get lost and find my way back whenever." she shrugged with a chuckle. "it's kinda what I do everyday, although I am fine with having a destination in mind as well."
she paused for a moment. "so... are we going right now, or are we going to relax a bit more like this?" she chuckled, mostly indicating their states of udnress.
Link:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Healing Trust   Healing Trust - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Healing Trust
Page 5 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next